Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Justin_Brett posted:

If you run into that small room with four of them in the corners without damage you may as well restart.

oooh man do I hate those things. The way to approach them though is to try to hit them from as far away as you can. If you're far enough they won't spawn the maggots.

Also those dark maggots that send the diagonal projectiles I STILL dodge myself right into those sometimes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

the huge time killing one is the giant black spider that spawns tiny spiders

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Super Envy on Floor 1 usually just makes me restart.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I'm gradually getting more practice fighting Hush. I've found the best place to stand when he starts shooting his Continuum shots is right in front of him, because the gaps in the pattern are most clear there.

Having Mom's Knife and damage out the wazoo speeds things up a lot.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Toxxupation posted:

the huge time killing one is any spider that spawns tiny spiders

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I died to Hush because my Monstro's Lung Proptosis Scythes covered up all the projectiles. :saddowns:

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Kawalimus posted:

oooh man do I hate those things. The way to approach them though is to try to hit them from as far away as you can. If you're far enough they won't spawn the maggots.

Also those dark maggots that send the diagonal projectiles I STILL dodge myself right into those sometimes!

The dark ones and the little guys that spit them out are what keep killing Maggy Greed Mode runs for me. I can't move fast enough to kill them all before other stuff spawns so I get overwhelmed by like a million things.

Thank god for overpowered Az seeds when your frustration reaches critical levels. Blowing through Hush in under 45 seconds feels amazing.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I just found out that there isn't a baby for clearing The Lost's post it; to get Blinding Baby you have to use a blank card with The Sun.

Which is really weird.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

gamingCaffeinator posted:

Thank god for overpowered Az seeds when your frustration reaches critical levels. Blowing through Hush in under 45 seconds feels amazing.

Blowing through the Hush in about 10 seconds without Chaos card booya

(Involved a seed where the first item - adjacent to the starting room - was Mutant Spider and Mom's Knife appeared in the shop on B2. I then did it ALL OVER AGAIN because the Chaosed, Restocked shop spawned a Forget-Me-Now :getin: )

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Grapplejack posted:

I just found out that there isn't a baby for clearing The Lost's post it; to get Blinding Baby you have to use a blank card with The Sun.

Which is really weird.

It kind of makes sense; the Lost already requires you to clear poo poo on Hard Mode, whereas every other character doesn't. You can unlock everything with Eve, say, except the last Baby. You can't do that with the Lost as far as I remember (maybe you can if the new unlocks don't require hard mode).

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

If anyone can screw up a clutch Greed run with Lost, it'd be me. The seed is: NFQM XYKP, and you can get Conjoined on the first floor from the items and devil room. drat Peeps.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
DLC announced! Including new bosses, transformations, items, and a full suite of mod tools.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It kind of makes sense; the Lost already requires you to clear poo poo on Hard Mode, whereas every other character doesn't. You can unlock everything with Eve, say, except the last Baby. You can't do that with the Lost as far as I remember (maybe you can if the new unlocks don't require hard mode).

Yeah, it makes sense, it's just weirdly esoteric compared to everything else, and they don't mention it anywhere in game as far as I remember.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

The game finally gave me a missing poster, now a proud owner of the lost. Had a really powerful first run, completely possible to clear the chest, and then I flew into a fly orbiting poo. I actually gasped and dropped my controller.
I am actually enjoying playing the lost though. Losing as the lost feels like having a really awesome run and then something just goes terribly wrong all of a sudden. Losing as the keeper is just a slow death march.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 8, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BJPaskoff posted:

DLC announced! Including new bosses, transformations, items, and a full suite of mod tools.

Is that Iwata? :unsmith:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Alteisen posted:

Is that Iwata? :unsmith:

Yup. The Daily for the 6th had you playing as Iwata, with all the items being the Nintendo themed ones.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BJPaskoff posted:

"Hey guys, sorry we hosed up so hard with this dlc and that we were huge gigantic throbbing cocksicles about it, buy Binding of Isaac: Stillbirth and reward us for our awful behavior and programming :downs:"

Well, I bet the DLC will be called stillbirth anyway. I'm not going to buy it until a month after it releases, or not at all depending on how it looks or how it is reviewed by the community.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Good job not clicking the link I guess

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

BillmasterCozb posted:

"Hey guys, sorry we hosed up so hard with this dlc and that we were huge gigantic throbbing cocksicles about it, buy Binding of Isaac: Stillbirth and reward us for our awful behavior and programming :downs:"

Well, I bet the DLC will be called stillbirth anyway. I'm not going to buy it until a month after it releases, or not at all depending on how it looks or how it is reviewed by the community.

I've seen people get mad at videogames, but never so mad that they lost the ability to read.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

senrath posted:

Yup. The Daily for the 6th had you playing as Iwata, with all the items being the Nintendo themed ones.

Oh man. When Edmund had a post on Reddit asking for people to suggest ideas for special daily runs, and he said "I won't be doing special graphics for these," I thought he meant it. Now getting my hopes up for a special Christmas Isaac with changed graphics.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Eh, it was a mess at first but I think that with the fixes afterbirth is a pretty positive addition to the game. So I'm ok with them now.

I never thought I'd see the day though where I said "Krampus' Head? Nah, I'll keep Shoopdawhoop".

Also regarding Old Isaac I just loaded it up out of curiosity a few minutes ago and it seems...different. I feel like the graphics were changed in it or something or maybe I just don't remember them right. And it lags like crazy now which makes no sense it never did this to me before. I know they did an update but I don't remember them saying they changed the graphics.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeah, I think Afterbirth just needed to work out the kinks to really be good. It felt kind of like an early access game at first, but a lot of issues have been worked out since then.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Found out on my Eden Mega-Satan run that you don't need to use your last life in a sacrifice room to unlock the Lost, just have to die in there once. So I finally have the Lost. :toot:

Now to continue on with Greed mode so he's actually playable. :razz:

Did gently caress up my Mega-Satan run though, after Mom's Box gave me the Missing Poster I switched it out for the Scrolls, and a passageway opened on the ladder in one of those Zelda rooms. I didn't think about exiting the run in that room until I was already in Sheol.
Ah well, it's fairly easy to get to Mega-Satan, and even moreso to break Eden with ridiculous power.

Kawalimus posted:

Eh, it was a mess at first but I think that with the fixes afterbirth is a pretty positive addition to the game.

Yeah, I was regretting getting Afterbirth at first, but the fixes have started to make Isaac one of my favourite games to waste time in again.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I have enjoyed afterbirth much more as an expansion than I had Wrath of the Lamb to the original. I'm probably in a minority there, but boy I did not enjoy isaac after WotL came out. Afterbirth has been really good for the most part, as much as I disagree with some decisions.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

1VH9 MYT4 for an actually fun Magdalene run that you can actually make it to the boss rush with

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.

This run gave me a giant headache from squinting so damned much. There is such a thing as too many tiny pills, and this was waaaaay over that line! Something like 8 or 9 of em by the end, though I frankly lost track. No pill duplicating; just dumb luck.

For bonus comedy, I also got the giant bugs and giant buddies items.

Toadsmash fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 9, 2015

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Black market in 1-2 in the daily, though you probably played it already

First time I've seen one in afterbirth

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Toadsmash posted:

This run gave me a giant headache from squinting so damned much. There is such a thing as too many tiny pills, and this was waaaaay over that line! Something like 8 or 9 of em by the end, though I frankly lost track. No pill duplicating; just dumb luck.

For bonus comedy, I also got the giant bugs and giant buddies items.

Holy crap, how do you even get that many small pills?

Ariong posted:

I've seen people get mad at videogames, but never so mad that they lost the ability to read.

Re-reading the page has made me seen what a dunderhead I am, disregard the post.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Pretty much all of the problems I've had with Afterbirth have been PR related. The actual mechanics I've been fine with (I might not have agreed with all of them, but none of them have made me actually regret getting Afterbirth), but man has the PR stunk.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Afterbirth is mostly positive changes with a few negative. My biggest complaint is that there's even more items I don't want anymore and I really don't like Keeper at all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I managed to beat The Guardian thanks to the Blank Card and The Sun. Now I just need to find that drat Kidney Stone.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
To anyone who thinks WotL was cool and fun remember that finding a whole two (!) damage ups in that game was considered out of the ordinary. A game where if you have tears when you hit the Cathedral, you might as well reset unless you have such a huge reserve of soul hearts you might crash the game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

TheModernAmerican posted:

To anyone who thinks WotL was cool and fun remember that finding a whole two (!) damage ups in that game was considered out of the ordinary. A game where if you have tears when you hit the Cathedral, you might as well reset unless you have such a huge reserve of soul hearts you might crash the game.

I miss having like 30 hearts and them trailing far off the screen

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Volt Catfish posted:

I also miss being able to use 9 lives to get 8 items from a boss.
Those were the days.

I went back to trythe Eternal version when that first came out, but still so no achievements on Mac so I only beat it with Cain.

Dude used to be my favourite character, at least Greed mode makes it so he starts with the lockpick now, that's something. :gbsmith:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

original binding of isaac vanilla flavor bros remember: cain was the best character

back when luck foot was overpowered as gently caress and the game was getting to a gambling machine as quickly as possible and just breaking the balance by gettin that dollah dollah bill y'all

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

This was how I won most of my games in the pre-Rebirth era. Having to actually dodge some shots in Rebirth really threw me off.

Speaking of which I've actually been experimenting with red heart builds lately. I think they can be good if you find a health multiplier (ie a full health effect or Guppy's Paw).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I...it's happening? My first "breaking the game with overpoweredness" run? I'm so happy.

e: got the mask too, the game really wants me to win

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Dec 9, 2015

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

wyoming posted:

I also miss being able to use 9 lives to get 8 items from a boss.
Those were the days.

I went back to trythe Eternal version when that first came out, but still so no achievements on Mac so I only beat it with Cain.

Dude used to be my favourite character, at least Greed mode makes it so he starts with the lockpick now, that's something. :gbsmith:

Free gold chests is better than PHD these days.

I miss Portable Slot being able to spawn a black fly in a boss room, which if you left the room with it still alive and came back, would respawn the boss and let you get another item. But yes, I remember being excited whenever I had enough damage to beat the game with actual tears.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Remember in binding when The Bible was actually a decent spacebar item, because Mom/It Lives! was actually pretty loving hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Having Isaac and ??? punish you for severely for having high tears was really annoying.