Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

ElGroucho posted:

Why are people vehemently defending Bethesda

Am I in bizarro world?
most of the people defending the many bad design decisions here have demonstratably stunted cognitive faculties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I really wish there was a way to hotkey entire outfit changes to one key

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

most of the people defending the many bad design decisions here have demonstratably stunted cognitive faculties

If you're going to criticize the cognitive faculties of people (especially the ones who are correct), might I recommend you don't use made up words in that same sentence?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

JackBadass posted:

If you're going to criticize the cognitive faculties of people (especially the ones who are correct), might I recommend you don't use made up words in that same sentence?
i think you're going to have to look a little harder for the people who are "correct"

also virtually all english is made up words and modern languages have no actual cap on particles

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

JawKnee posted:

I really wish there was a way to hotkey entire outfit changes to one key

I'd settle for an undo button, so I don't have to re-equip 6-7 things after trying on an outfit that I end up not liking.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

JackBadass posted:

Nice comeback, nerd

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i think you're going to have to look a little harder for the people who are "correct"

also virtually all english is made up words and modern languages have no actual cap on particles

I don't have to go any farther than my mirror.

As for your error, the word you wanted is "demonstrably", although really the sentence should have just read "I'm an idiot" if you really wanted to be correct.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

JackBadass posted:

I'm an idiot
don't sign your posts

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Everyone turn on your monitor's!!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

more spawns mod is awesome when it doesn't come across a sector error that bethengine cannot come across without crashing to desktop and nothing output to the error log because ??

almost making it so I have to wait for F4CK to actually play this game for real

2house2fly posted:

Everyone turn on your monitor's!!

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The first time I played the game I was impressed that they squeezed the catchphrase in three separate times within the opening 5 minutes.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

war has changed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

True, the other games normally just have it go twice

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
The fourth rank in Bloody Mess (others sometimes exploding)... about how often does it proc, and do I get the XP for the others that explode?

I can't loving believe this game gives no XP at all if I do a Sandman kill, but full XP if I sledge the same person while they sleep.

Aloofa
Apr 24, 2010
Has anyone had the bug where your HUD disappears? I've tried everything to get it back. The only thing I can do is load a file from hours ago. Any save in between crashes the game... (PS4)

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
It's nice hearing Garrus all over the place. Would have liked him as a companion though.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
I kind of wish they would employ the way the brahmin moved caravan goods around in fallout 1 and 2, where they would cut off the beds of trucks and turn them into carts. Seeing how poorly they could get the carts in skyrim to actually follow the horse around, they probably skipped it. I mean shoot, a way to add in some real world fast travel would be to find a caravan and ask if you could travel with them to one of their destinations they go between.

JawKnee posted:

It's nice hearing Garrus all over the place. Would have liked him as a companion though.

Or make him the pc; you can finally play as garrus.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Dr. Abysmal posted:

The first time I played the game I was impressed that they squeezed the catchphrase in three separate times within the opening 5 minutes.

It's like they didn't want you to forget the series' catchphrase. I don't think it would have been as bad, though, if he didn't say a third time when the character creator loads up.

I actually want to say a bit more on Fallout 4, but I'm going to wait until I've played a little bit more/actually finished the main story-line. All I'll say for now is that whoever had the idea of having Stephen Russell do a Humphrey Bogart impression deserves a bonus.

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga
at first i thought the new crit mechanism is kinda dumb but now i think it's the tits and i'm all about it

- a dude w/ opinions about games

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I think Hancock is easily my favorite companion now. He's fairly chill and doesn't mind helping people out, so I can do sidequests with him without him being all bitchy like Cait.

He likes to offer drugs, he doesn't bullshit much, he's a funny guy and has one of the better voices in the game.

Now I just need to figure out what kind of gun I can give him that he'll kick rear end with, and won't bankrupt me trying to keep him supplied with ammo for.

E: I wouldn't mind War's unchanging nature as much if they would have just left Ron Perlman as the narrator.

ALSO!

gently caress whomever started the rumor that you can recharge fusion cores, gently caress them anally. I saw it reposted several places across the 'net and got my hopes up. I guess I have no choice but to go create a water farm and start buying every core ever from all the merchants.

khy fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 9, 2015

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

war never changes is getting old. for Fallout 5, I hope they undermine the trope by coming up with a whole new kind of war. talk about a twist

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Zodium posted:

war never changes is getting old. for Fallout 5, I hope they undermine the trope by coming up with a whole new kind of war. talk about a twist

Metal Gear Solid 4 tried that, and that game was a steaming pile of poo poo.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

war has changed

no this is the wrong game that's in the other one

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

JackBadass posted:

Metal Gear Solid 4 tried that, and that game was a steaming pile of poo poo.

youre telling me, that video game writers tried to write about a new kind of war, and the story sucked??

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Cojawfee posted:

There is *no* indication as to what you did before being a soldier/lawyer. You could have been a scavenger, prospector, sociopath, a regular jack off, etc.

There's no mechanical way to represent these ideas in game, though. There are considerations for that sort of thing in New Vegas and Fallout 3. You can just pretend the game is different, I suppose, but that's not a defence of the game's shortcomings.

Or, more simply:

NecroMonster posted:

Again, the real issue isn't your background, it's the utter and complete lack of meaningful choices to be made.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Dec 9, 2015

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Zodium posted:

youre telling me, that video game writers tried to write about a new kind of war, and the story sucked??

Yes, but I don't know if it was one that caused the other. All I know is both are true.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

JackBadass posted:

Yes, but I don't know if it was one that caused the other. All I know is both are true.

you gotta ask: if you were really capable of inventing a new kind of war, why would you be writing stories for video games

it's literally one step above writing CYOA novels

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Zodium posted:

you gotta ask: if you were really capable of inventing a new kind of war, why would you be writing stories for video games

CYOA novels suck. They have lovely writing and too much established story.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

JackBadass posted:

CYOA novels suck. They have lovely writing and too much established story.

tbf the one CYOA novel I read when I was nine had more varied and significant story choices than Fallout 4

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I shot my stupid cancer-ridden son with Righteous Authority, became Sentinel of the Brotherhood and retired with my gay husbands Danse and MacCready to live out the rest of my days, which are sure to be significant seeing as how I'm immortal and stuff. There's my roleplaying for the groan-worthy end of FO4.

Maybe I'll actually do Institute junk with my next person or something. Minutemen ain't happening and the Railroad are just so ehhhh despite wanting to like them.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Zodium posted:

Listen, this poetry isn't going to write itself, let alone an entire holotape's worth. You gotta cut corners sometimes just to get it done.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

A cool drat horse posted:

Really neat bug on ps4 where preston garvey will no longer do any kind of dialogue outside of saying "hi", no prompt for him to join me or trade or anything. is there a fix for this or this just totally hosed up.

Hey guy, did you do the retaking of the castle quest for the minute men? I think there is a bug in that mission that causes Preston to not leave the NPC faction he's temporarily assigned to during that part of the game. I don't know how you could fix that on PS4, sorry. :(

Has there been any word at all about what the DLC might be, cause I made myself real upset at the thought of how easy it would be for them to make lovely cosmetic settlement packages out of existing content without any actual substance.
"Show the Wasteland you mean business with the ten dollar raider pack including five new* settlement decorations and new power armor paint job**!"
*The hanging bodies and other things strewn about raider camps already in the game.
** +1 Agility bonus when painted on a full set of power armor
I guess I just have to wait and see, but I'm still worried about how juicy that apple looks.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
game pretty

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I killed some random raider wearing power armor. I looted the power armor 'pieces' (I think she had everything except a Torso, Helmet and one arm). Is there a way to 'loot' the frame, giving me another set of power armor? Or can I only take the pieces themselves?

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Away all Goats posted:

I killed some random raider wearing power armor. I looted the power armor 'pieces' (I think she had everything except a Torso, Helmet and one arm). Is there a way to 'loot' the frame, giving me another set of power armor? Or can I only take the pieces themselves?

If you shoot out or steal the core anyone in the suit will get out and let you have the frame after there dead. It counts as stolen for some reason though so keep that in mind around certain companions. If you are on the PC you can use the setownership command to get around this however.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

looks like rear end, get graphics mods

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Buckets posted:

If you shoot out or steal the core anyone in the suit will get out and let you have the frame after there dead. It counts as stolen for some reason though so keep that in mind around certain companions. If you are on the PC you can use the setownership command to get around this however.

Uhh is there a way to do this after they're dead.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Not that I know of, no. The suits must irreversibly fuse to the wearer when they die or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

They poop in their suits when they die and your character is too grossed out to touch it.

• Locked thread