Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bongwizzard posted:

Pants are very hard and I wish they would somehow simplify their naming conventions. Sadly I am not actually Slim or Skinny so I really need to see actual measurements to have any hope of getting good tight pants.
Well I'm not sure if this is any help, but I'm getting these in 36x30 and they fit me wonderfully, and I think the sizes for these go up to 38x34.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

xyloshan posted:

I got these because what I definitely need are more t-shirts.

I'm glad they had XXL in stock for you

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

bongwizzard posted:

Pants are very hard and I wish they would somehow simplify their naming conventions. Sadly I am not actually Slim or Skinny so I really need to see actual measurements to have any hope of getting good tight pants.

Learn how to use a sewing machine (or do what I did and make friends with someone who sews). As long as the waist fits well, bringing the legs in/up is pretty straightforward. That sort of alteration should be pretty cheap, so even if you have to take it to a tailor, it's worth it. It makes buying pants way less of a crapshoot.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
My only major black Friday purchase this year -

Instant Pot DUO60 electric pressure cooker. Black Friday deal was $70, about $50 off normal price.

My wife and I eat out entirely too much and I'm hoping this will give us a reason to stay in more often. So far we've made a good if somewhat basic risotto, beef goulash, garlic cheddar grits and right now I have chicken noodle soup working. Definitely cuts down on cook time and what time there is is mostly "turn it on and walk away."

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

FearCotton posted:

Where is this from? I need it in my life.

Also finally bought Benefit High Beam--worth it!

http://www.oasis-stores.com/floral-embroidered-dress/new-in/oasis/fcp-product/5673500

There's also a skirt and a top in the same pattern.

Mine hasn't arrived yet, so I can't comment on the fabric or drape.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
It was my birthday on the weekend so I got myself some presents:

And some CDs (Ruff Ryders, Wu Tang, X-Ecutioners, Crystal Method, and a hard trance compilation)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
A whole page ago but if you want good Levi's, go find an outlet mall. They'll usually have "buy one get one 50% off" and you can leave with two pair of not-Walmart-poo poo for 60-80 bucks. Plus you're guaranteed to find some that fit because the entire store is wall to wall pants.

Just got me some new 501's and they're great.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rolo posted:

wall to wall pants

Those are very wide pants :eyepop:

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rapid car charger x-mas gift. My dad's truck couldn't charge for poo poo on our last trip. Maybe it's the outlets, maybe it's his chargers.

colas has a new favorite as of 10:10 on Dec 9, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

Those are very wide pants :eyepop:

Fit for a goon

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

SJ4000wifi

A Go-Pro knock-off with decent video quality and feature set for a fraction of the price of the real thing.

Shame I don't do anything exciting or worth recording.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Geoj posted:

Instant Pot DUO60 electric pressure cooker. Black Friday deal was $70, about $50 off normal price.

This is a good purchase.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

spog posted:

Don't worry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv14cZ_ljeY

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

PCOS Bill posted:

Fit for a goon

Goon tested. Goon approved. NEW Levis wall to wall jeans®

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

spog posted:

SJ4000wifi

A Go-Pro knock-off with decent video quality and feature set for a fraction of the price of the real thing.

Just bought one myself to stick on my bike. Not for anything exciting, probably just video evidence to convict the jackass that will inevitably run me over.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Even though that's a spoof, I find it just as exciting as the real clips you see on youtube. Perhaps it just because it isn't recorded in loving portrait that sets it aside from the boring stuff.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Just bought one myself to stick on my bike. Not for anything exciting, probably just video evidence to convict the jackass that will inevitably run me over.

I've already got a dashcam that stays in the car. This is for titting around with.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

cyberia posted:

And some CDs (Ruff Ryders, Wu Tang, X-Ecutioners, Crystal Method, and a hard trance compilation)

Hello mighty time traveler from the early 2000s.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I go the complete Mark Evans "Is Born" series:

Box set:

A Car is Born, A Car is Reborn, A Racing Car is Born, A Bike is Born (three series), A Plane is Born, A Chopper is Born

An MG Is Born:

A 4x4 Is Born

These are more interesting than most car restoration series because Evans goes into great detail for each project.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Hey wanna come over to my place and watch some born?"

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Mister Kingdom posted:

Box set:

A Car is Born, A Car is Reborn, A Racing Car is Born, A Bike is Born (three series), A Plane is Born, A Chopper is Born

An MG Is Born:

A 4x4 Is Born

These are more interesting than most car restoration series because Evans goes into great detail for each project.

Where you get these?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Mister Kingdom posted:

This sounds like something I'd like. I don't suppose it's on Netflix?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
GoRuck has their GR1 bag on sale for $250 instead of $300 today. The discount stacks with their 25% off to mil/police/firefighter/vets, so $300 backpack becomes $185 backpack.

Which means I finally don't feel bad about buying it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What's so special about the backpack?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

obi_ant posted:

What's so special about the backpack?

You can hook a carabiner on the back, probably even more than one.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
They're not worth $300 but they're well built and last forever.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

overdesigned posted:

They're not worth $300 but they're well built and last forever.

what do you suggest then?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Pukestain Pal posted:

what do you suggest then?

Be a vet/cop/EMT and buy one when it's on sale?

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

TheMadMilkman posted:

Be a vet/cop/EMT and buy one when it's on sale?

Welp, I'm a vet, so I guess I should get one.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The bags are well made and have a lifetime warranty of being repaired. You could rip the thing in half and they'll try and fix it or replace. GoRuck is a good company with a weird cult and somewhat overpriced bags.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

SaltLick posted:

The bags are well made and have a lifetime warranty of being repaired. You could rip the thing in half and they'll try and fix it or replace. GoRuck is a good company with a weird cult and somewhat overpriced bags.

Yeah they're like the Crossfit of bag companies.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
They're definitely pricey but they're built to be abused. Mine has been put through the ringer over the years and it looks barely used. This includes swimming with it in the ocean for several days during a GoRuck event.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

DXRacer King Series chair because I am tall, heavy, and tired of chairs' backs bending down over time.

Kaossilator Pro+ because I'm a stupid nerd who loves beeps and boops.

Limited Edition all-black-keys MicroKorg, for the same reason as #2.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Coredump posted:

Where you get these?

Amazon UK.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

dreesemonkey posted:

This sounds like something I'd like. I don't suppose it's on Netflix?

You can find some episodes on YouTube, but the quality is usually pretty bad.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I wish I had the money to look at buying anything korg, so cool.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
Metal Earth Tie Fighter. In an annoying first, the fighter doesn't attach to the base, but it's still cool.

A few booster packs of these

Speaking of, is there a trading card thread somewhere? I'm getting quite a few dupes of these.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This doesn't seem like a lot, but it was one of about six giant playing cards I managed to pick up from an estate sale. They used to be on TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ThRj9YHlOs

Three of the cards were used as props during their contestant or survey plugs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnrRed-QIM8

So... yeah. Managed to pick them up for a little cheaper than other decks of giant, incomplete playing cards that were also used on game shows.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Geoj posted:

My wife and I eat out entirely too much and I'm hoping this will give us a reason to stay in more often. So far we've made a good if somewhat basic risotto, beef goulash, garlic cheddar grits and right now I have chicken noodle soup working. Definitely cuts down on cook time and what time there is is mostly "turn it on and walk away."

You chose wisely. I have used this constantly since I bought mine a while back. Definitely has cut back on eating out, not just because it's so easy to use, but also because it's so friggin' easy to clean up afterward. I've done the risotto, too, and some of my usual rice recipes, as well as chili, chicken adobo (filipino style), actual oatmeal (so good, can never do instant again), and beans, among other recipes.

wait a minute honey
May 12, 2006

CZ455. Three barrel combo (22lr/22mag/17HMR)

:homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

ricepaddydaddy posted:

CZ455. Three barrel combo (22lr/22mag/17HMR)

:homebrew:

How do you swap out the barrels? Are they not threaded into the receiver/barrel nut?

On topic: I bought MGS V on Steam during their Holiday sale ($43 or something like that). I had finished Fallout 4 and wanted more.