Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

more spawns is neat and makes the game more fun (less poo poo) but is likely to not be at all stable due to the hacky way esps are made and causes constant CTDs 2 hours in. the encounter zone things still exhibit the same problem, albeit appreciably slower

just wait for the F4CK version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

more spawns is neat and makes the game more fun (less poo poo) but is likely to not be at all stable due to the hacky way esps are made and causes constant CTDs 2 hours in. the encounter zone things still exhibit the same problem, albeit appreciably slower

just wait for the F4CK version

Meh, fuckit. I'll just stop fast travelling.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

More spawns is extremely buggy, I got it to work by updating/reinstalling but then randomly it makes the game CTD on load again. As fun as it is to have 1000 ghouls we'll just have to be patient :(

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/weapon_tweaks.esp - Weapon Tweaks
changes:
-laser sniper barrels made less poo poo
-regular sniper barrel now requires 1.5 seconds to charge (50% reduction in charge time), damage modifier raised to +200% damage
-improved sniper barrel now requires .75 seconds to charge (75% reduction), damage modifier raised to +150% damage
damage is still dogshit (25% of effective damage) when rapidly firing but it no longer takes an eon to charge for a normal damage shot, and charged shots are much better now so it's worth considering at least

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, More Spawns has resulted in some really loving badass fights for me (Hallucigen Inc. and the Boston Public Library in particular were insanely awesome), but you'll definitely crash a lot more than usual since the engine doesn't seem up to handling too many entities. I believe the latest version of More Spawns had to cut the 300% increase in spawns down to 200% because of the crashes, and even then you'll get some in particularly dense areas.

Another unfortunate side effects is that bodies will despawn very quickly because of all the new entities, so you'll need to hustle to grab loot. Even then, I still keep it on since it's made the game really fun with FO4's solid shooting mechanics.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

toasterwarrior posted:

Yeah, More Spawns has resulted in some really loving badass fights for me (Hallucigen Inc. and the Boston Public Library in particular were insanely awesome), but you'll definitely crash a lot more than usual since the engine doesn't seem up to handling too many entities. I believe the latest version of More Spawns had to cut the 300% increase in spawns down to 200% because of the crashes, and even then you'll get some in particularly dense areas.

Another unfortunate side effects is that bodies will despawn very quickly because of all the new entities, so you'll need to hustle to grab loot. Even then, I still keep it on since it's made the game really fun with FO4's solid shooting mechanics.
it is the map errors caused by cell edits that make the game crash to desktop, too many entities just makes the game freeze

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it is the map errors caused by cell edits that make the game crash to desktop, too many entities just makes the game freeze

Ah, thank you for the clarification. Guess I could just turn it off once the crashing gets too annoying, since Adjusted Encounter Zones is much more stable and still can be pretty difficult.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Sylink posted:

I'm aware of that possibility, question is how do I tell now I guess.

Mods made with falloutsnip are not safe. Mods made with only FO4edit should be safe. You'll just have to look at what a mod author says they used to make the mod before you download it. If they don't mention what they used, then it could be dangerous.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
So all of my mods stopped working between last session and this one, and the plugins text file has nothing in it but Fallout4.esm. Mods are still in the folder like before, and adding them by name to the plugin file does nothing. Any clue as to what the gently caress?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Did you try reading the thread?

Here's your TL;DR: Re-enable mods with NMM, make plugins.txt read only. Actually just update NMM, and it solves the read only problem for you.

If you aren't using a mod manager, then add all the names back into plugins.txt and set to read only.

And finally, to go with your pony pip boy, pony paintings!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5032/

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4550/

A way to upgrade armor from regular > sturdy > heavy

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

gromdul posted:

Did you try reading the thread?

Here's your TL;DR: Re-enable mods with NMM, make plugins.txt read only. Actually just update NMM, and it solves the read only problem for you.

If you aren't using a mod manager, then add all the names back into plugins.txt and set to read only.

And finally, to go with your pony pip boy, pony paintings!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5032/

I DID try reading the thread, I don't use NMM, and I did the stuff with the plugins file to no avail, which is why I decided to ask. Thanks for being rude though! I'll just try deleting all the .esp files and reinstalling the mods.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

ded posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4550/

A way to upgrade armor from regular > sturdy > heavy

This is great!

^I was only being snarky because we had like three pages of discussion about it.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

FrancoFish posted:

I DID try reading the thread, I don't use NMM, and I did the stuff with the plugins file to no avail, which is why I decided to ask. Thanks for being rude though!
use fallout 4 mod manager, that tool still works as mod organizer poo poo itself in its latest version

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

gromdul posted:

This is great!

^I was only being snarky because we had like three pages of discussion about it.

^^^^
Cool, I'll check it out.

3 pages that I read, but hey.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

This is a godsend in Hangman's Alley. I had managed to kludge the stalls into place but this works so much better for dense environments. Thanks.

The Golden Grasshopper Bar

Not only did it free up space for decorations, now the bar actually functions correctly! (Shops in the far portion of hangman's alley don't work right. I guess the old one was just on the edge before.)

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 9, 2015

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

we make a powerful team

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/weapon_tweaks.esp - Weapon Tweaks
changes:
-laser sniper barrels made less poo poo
-regular sniper barrel now requires 1.5 seconds to charge (50% reduction in charge time), damage modifier raised to +200% damage
-improved sniper barrel now requires .75 seconds to charge (75% reduction), damage modifier raised to +150% damage
damage is still dogshit (25% of effective damage) when rapidly firing but it no longer takes an eon to charge for a normal damage shot, and charged shots are much better now so it's worth considering at least

Do you think you could do something to make the sawed off shotgun not terrible? I get that it's supposed to have less accuracy, but when I'm shooting a bloodbug point blank and all but one pellet misses I think about using something else. Which is a shame because its a sawed off shotty.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Is there a mod or a way to reset my perks? I picked a sneaking perk, but then decided to go more of a heavy gunner, and I'd like to remove the sneaking perk so I can use that on something else. any way to do that?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Arcsquad12 posted:

Do you think you could do something to make the sawed off shotgun not terrible? I get that it's supposed to have less accuracy, but when I'm shooting a bloodbug point blank and all but one pellet misses I think about using something else. Which is a shame because its a sawed off shotty.
unlisted change, but i think i made the sawed off have less spread as well, like about equal to what the "short barrel" was I thnk?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

I played with More Spawns for a very long time and the only bad thing I experienced was a few power armor suits starting to randomize their pieces, nbd.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Thanks man this is awesome, just what I wanted!

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
Actually, are there any cells that don't respawn? I could stash my armor there safely, if I understand what triggers the bug.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

I decided to update my mod load for my silent assassin run

code:
Fallout4.esm
EasyHacking.esp
Arbitration.esp
MoreShipments_50.esp
No Lightstep.esp
GlovesOfTheCommonwealth.esp
BetterGenerators.esp
disablemmradiantquests.esp
DeadBodyCollision.esp
Dialogue Camera Sensitivity.esp
Settlement Raid Mod.esp
ShaikujinSettlementAttacked.esp
AdjustedEncounterZones.esp
Armorsmith Extended.esp
Cuts and Blunts 3.0.esp
PipBoyShadows.esp
WET.esp
Fusebox Generator.esp
InsulatedConduits.esp
ScroungerFix.esp
BrighterSettlementLights.esp
Fr4nssonsLightTweaks.esp
TrueStormsFO4.esp
TrueStormsFO4-DarkerNights.esp
BetterNightVision.esp
DarkerNights.esp
DarkerNightsDetection.esp
Remove Interior Fog.esp
Weaponry Overhaul.esp
ZodCustomDifficulty.esp
OCDecorator.esp
Homemaker.esm
Safe SSEx.esp
NX Pro Farmer.esp
NX Pro Patch - Resources - Homemaker+SSEx.esp
Snap and Build - Greenhouse.esp
Snap&Build - Homemaker - SSEx Compatibility.esp
BetterWeaponModDescriptions.esp
BetterWeaponModDescriptionsSWR0.6.esp
LegendaryModification-TradeIn.esp
ArmorsmithExtendLegendaryModifiable.esp
Crafting Workbench.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo Expanded.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo Special.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Junk Items.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Power Armor.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Pre War and Manufactured.esp
Deadly Vertibirds.esp
Simple Bug Fixes.esp
then there's ENB, ReShade, SweetFX, and maybe another one and a half times as many in texture/animation/mesh replacements. it's kind of amazing my FO4 doesn't basically just fall down and cry at this point.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

HogX posted:

Is there a mod or a way to reset my perks? I picked a sneaking perk, but then decided to go more of a heavy gunner, and I'd like to remove the sneaking perk so I can use that on something else. any way to do that?

There is something called F4RT, Fallout 4 Respec Tool, that builds a batch file that you can run in game.

I used http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special to rebuild my character to ensure proper point expenditures. Then just input the values into F4RT. Please note that it will not take into account any SPECIAL bobbleheads that you have collected.

But if you only want to switch a single point around? Just open the console and type in
code:
help (perkname) 4
to get the IDs, then
code:
player.removeperk (ID)
and
code:
player.addperk (ID)
There is also this https://i.imgur.com/U04KC0s.jpg

Each perk level has its own ID, and I guess strange things will happen if you give yourself level 5 without the lower levels first.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5080/ -> weapon racks

:woop: :woop:

Finally!

(very much in alpha still though)

Iceshade fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Dec 9, 2015

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

gromdul posted:

F4RT, Fallout 4 Respec Tool

lmao

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Kenlon posted:

I ended up loading up FO4Edit and looking at all the esps I have loaded - looks like the only one I have loaded that edits cells at all is More Spawns. Dammit. There's nothing we can do at this point to get around it other than a) uninstalling it or b) never fast traveling, right?

EDIT: Going back to piddly groups of 3-5 at a time is going to be so boring . . .

Yeah im afraid so, until someone either works out what causes it and how to stop it or the GECK is released.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Iceshade posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5080/ -> weapon racks

:woop: :woop:

Finally!

(very much in alpha still though)

Sick sick siiick. Between this and OCDecorator, Fallout 4 has quickly become the Apocalypse Dreamhouse Simulator I never knew I wanted.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Someone just give me 1.5 high walls when the GECK is out. The current height is way too low for me.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Falken posted:

Someone just give me 1.5 high walls when the GECK is out. The current height is way too low for me.

Might be possible now, we can edit scale on models in nifskope, would be a bit of a hack though and a bit advanced for me.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Falken posted:

you can do floor, wall, roof, floor, second wall to stack walls, also there's some kind of better trick with foundations you can probably find on youtube if that doesn't float your boat

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

7c Nickel posted:

This is a godsend in Hangman's Alley. I had managed to kludge the stalls into place but this works so much better for dense environments. Thanks.

The Golden Grasshopper Bar

Not only did it free up space for decorations, now the bar actually functions correctly! (Shops in the far portion of hangman's alley don't work right. I guess the old one was just on the edge before.)

This is what I wanted to see, people putting the mod to good use. Do you mind uploading your image to the nexus page?

Edit: Woops, looks like you already did and I just needed to verify it. Awesome.

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Dec 9, 2015

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

When scripting is possible with the GECK I want to see a mod that changes AI so they don't magically know exactly where you are and start shooting you while still in [CAUTION] after you shoot with a silenced weapon. They manage to be weirdly dumb but omniscient about stealth at the same time in some ways.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

When scripting is possible with the GECK I want to see a mod that changes AI so they don't magically know exactly where you are and start shooting you while still in [CAUTION] after you shoot with a silenced weapon. They manage to be weirdly dumb but omniscient about stealth at the same time in some ways.

It really feels like Chameleon doesn't do anything once you start to pop some heads. Without Chameleon, I don't see the problem with NPCs finding you after ~3 kills.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gestalt Intellect posted:

They're blindly shooting in the direction your gunfire came from, you can move after they start doing this and they'll keep hammering that position instead of tracking you.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Talkie Toaster posted:

Yeah, I talked to the Homemaker modder and he pointed out the ArtObjects... not entirely sure how I'd missed that. It's fixed now.

The smaller vendor stands is a must-have, I was just starting on that too but no need now. I'd provisionally it named Small Stalls?
(Small Stands/Smaller Stalls would also work but don't trip off the tongue as nicely)

A few Q's,: Ed-E ? Mr Fisto? how about a walking jukebox?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

staberind posted:

A few Q's,: Ed-E ? Mr Fisto? how about a walking jukebox?

Need a mod to make "Fisto" one of the protectron personalities you can choose at every terminal

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Azhais posted:

Need a mod to make "Fisto" one of the protectron personalities you can choose at every terminal

Please assume the position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Magmarashi posted:

They're blindly shooting in the direction your gunfire came from, you can move after they start doing this and they'll keep hammering that position instead of tracking you.
Which, to me makes perfect sense. I know that's what I'd do if one of my buddies just got their head meloned.

• Locked thread