Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pablo Gigante posted:

Goddamn. Out of those I've only really played the Metal Slug games, which of the fighters are the good ones

You can play all those free on an emulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

African AIDS cum posted:

thats this entire thread

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well it is probably worth noting that if you're in it for the FGs id wait for other people to try them to see if they're any better than the FightCade versions anyway

rye on white
May 5, 2013
i buy retro games cause its usually cheaper + i dont want to buy a new console. got too many as it is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Twinkle Star Sprites sounds like a SHMUP version of battle Tetris.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

African AIDS cum posted:

No poo poo

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Oh cool. Always wanted to play garou.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Are those PC ports or just emulated roms

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're just roms and a Neo Geo bios so it seems like they're compatible with fight Cade. They're just selling you roms so you don't have to gently caress around with shady rom sites.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm fond of KOF '95. Heidern is badass.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I hope some day I will be able to play Sega Model 3 games without using sketchy emulators.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Human Grand Prix posted:

I hope some day I will be able to play Sega Model 3 games without using sketchy emulators.

What does this mean?

Oh, arcade. lol I was thinking of the abomination that is the genesis model 3

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Since I'm mostly using my Chromebook these days, that $10 bundle sounds like a lot of freaking value. I love fighting games, but never owned any... Now is the time. Assuming I can make them run on Linux emulator lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't think I even like most those games but I paid 10 bucks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I already own the kof steam game so someone else can have it... Also I didn't see what charity it was but I gave 9 dollars to it so I hope it's a good one

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played 2 matches of Garou... I played a black karate man named Butt and occasionally shot firey hadokuens, although I don't have any clue what the combos are so I don't know how I did it. Anyway I easily beat the first guy and the the second guy destroyed me with chain combos that lit me on fire. Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh wow they have a browser based rom player thingy too. Pretty badass.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah. I just looked and in your library page, you can sort by 'Humble Play', which is their browser based thing. A few games besides the NEO-GEO bundle are supported so thats cool. I guess I have no excuse for not beating La Mulana now.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJg4GES36kg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I played 2 matches of Garou... I played a black karate man named Butt and occasionally shot firey hadokuens, although I don't have any clue what the combos are so I don't know how I did it. Anyway I easily beat the first guy and the the second guy destroyed me with chain combos that lit me on fire. Lol

Garou is a lot of fun. The music kicks rear end as well

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

at least they tried

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

In Training posted:

Twinkle Star Sprites sounds like a SHMUP version of battle Tetris.

It's one of the best party games of all time but I still prefer tohou 9

program666 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 9, 2015

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Garou is a lot of fun. The music kicks rear end as well

It's fun but they did not include the combo chart with the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Combo chart? Do you mean a move list? And yeah that is a bummer for most of the old SNK games, but it's easy enough nowadays to pull it up on Google.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
The one console that I want to own, that I have never owned, is the Sega Saturn.

Unless there is a good port of the original Road Rash on PC

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Chill Penguin posted:

The one console that I want to own, that I have never owned, is the Sega Saturn.

Unless there is a good port of the original Road Rash on PC

Guardian Heroes was awesome, have you played that yet

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
nah. my only experience with the saturn was with my only friend who had one, and he had stuff like Road Rash and Worms, which were admittedly awesome, but not exactly saturn exclusives

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
he (by this i mean we) would also suck soda (grape or root beer) out of the carpet if we spilled it

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Chill Penguin posted:

nah. my only experience with the saturn was with my only friend who had one, and he had stuff like Road Rash and Worms, which were admittedly awesome, but not exactly saturn exclusives

I had a Saturn. Guardian Heroes, Dragon Force, and Panzer Dragoon Saga were my favorite exclusives, Iirc. I really liked Dragon Force, I wonder if it holds up. Puzzle Fighter, capcom fighting games, bomberman, were also all awesome on the system. We played so much puzzle fighter and capcom fighters so we may have logged more total play time on the Saturn even though we had more games for other systems

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Chill Penguin posted:

he (by this i mean we) would also suck soda (grape or root beer) out of the carpet if we spilled it

Dude youre basically eating a soup of thousands of dust mites basically...

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
mmmm... dust-mites (homer simpson voice)

oh he also had Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, which iirc had the best exklusive kharacters on the Saturn version (male Khameleon iirc)

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Chill Penguin posted:

:whitewater:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Chill Penguin posted:

You survived this bacteria sucking and are stronger for it. Good job.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dude it's not just bacteria.. again, think of the mites.. God.. he must have ate thousands if not millions of them. Oh god.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

Dude it's not just bacteria.. again, think of the mites.. God.. he must have ate thousands if not millions of them. Oh god.

he sucked them up like kirby and therefore gained their power

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

if chill penguin presses b he goes and hangs out in a carpet, giving people athsma

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

absolutely anything posted:

if chill penguin presses b he goes and hangs out in a carpet, giving people athsma

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to wrap Yakuza 1 up and put it under my tree so I can have a present to open on Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ididnt actually realize yakuza 1 and 2 were in english