Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SM64Guy posted:

i'll say one thing, keep the camera locked on to his body rather than his head so the camera doesnt gently caress up as much

You loving piece of poo poo grafe you're lucky I already figured this out. *closes baseball bat store and flights to Spokane browser windows*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i killed rom by killing all the baby spider and then killing him. it was epic and tedious

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

now i have to kill the hunter who hurt my friend Eileen the Crow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

Good luck. That's one tough son of a bitch.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

tumor looking batty posted:

Please make sure your controller is not near annoy hard surfaces when attempting this

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

btw, the beasthunter saif might seem like a boring weapon, but its really good. the transformed r1 is a cool lunge with big reach

saif is so great, transformed and untransformed

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
bout to fight the yarnham queen for the 2nd time :-)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol I threw a pebble at cleric beast and then killed him.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Switched back to my NG+ skill character from my Holy Moonlight Sword guy and I'm having so much more fun. Threaded Cane is my favorite weapon in the series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nice

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Quite thrilling.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm proud of this shadow battle then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QvD4-nhtl0

had an epic rom fight as well, skip to the final phase if you must but definitely check out how it ends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgd7JxLyOpQ

cool, I'll probably upload the rest of the bosses in this run. I plan to take this guy to OoK.

thats cool . im going to be doing another sl4 run for the dlc so i will record some too

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Demons Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2: With Extra poo poo came in the mail. It's time to game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

thats cool . im going to be doing another sl4 run for the dlc so i will record some too

I look forward to the vids. Ludwig is gonna take me a while but I'm up to mensis's nightmare in the main game.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
As someone who loves Bloodborne tell me how to spec and play Ds2

Can't believe there's a friggin dragon infront of orenstein now

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Light or no armor and either big two handed or dual wield/power stance. Whenever you pick up one of those "shields" just throw it in your item box

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I usually hate doing crap like this, but I think it's necessary to point out that the higher your adaptability is the more iFrames your roll is and the faster certain animations like healing are. It's the one thing I really really dislike about DSII because every time I play I spend the first 30 levels pumping up ADP to a playable level but yeah. My advice is to get ADP to 30.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

32 ADP asap

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Thanks ya'll

Yeah I power stanced maces when I had it in the PS3 so I'll probably do that again cause it's satisfying doing that drum roll on mobs

(I never beat it)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

more SL4 stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U504axKD4lE TOR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4shPDNVIQi4 Amy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnCwOU_jWKg micolash lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39KfGQ6Tkmw paarl

not happy with the amygdala fight because I had attempts where I didn't get hit at all until the last phase then got flattened. ah well. also I fought paarl way too late so it wasn't really a fight.

going after logarius now then I'm going to hit up upper cathedral ward, then the dlc...

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I was watching you do amygdaloid last night and Ive been having the same issue on defiled where no matter how good I get at not getting stomped somehow in phase 3 he jumps and lands right on top of me every tme

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
getting the fast roll ADP is really nice, but a lot of stuff in the early game doesn't really need it, so i tend to balance quality of life stuff alongside ADP

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

dromal phrenia posted:

Demons Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2: With Extra poo poo came in the mail. It's time to game.

also if this is your first time through the series and you get to play them all back to back like that then i'm extremely jealous

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Benny D posted:

I was watching you do amygdaloid last night and Ive been having the same issue on defiled where no matter how good I get at not getting stomped somehow in phase 3 he jumps and lands right on top of me every tme

I died a lot last night and didn't think anyone was watching. the shame is real

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

also if this is your first time through the series and you get to play them all back to back like that then i'm extremely jealous

Aside from a few funny .gifs and pictures of some bosses I have zero exposure to the series :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

Aside from a few funny .gifs and pictures of some bosses I have zero exposure to the series :D

Holy shnikies.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

dromal phrenia posted:

Verrry Good

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

Please be kind to patches

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I died a lot last night and didn't think anyone was watching. the shame is real

you have some sick own videos up on yt and thats all that matters

ive mastered dodging amygdala's mario attack but when he tears off his arms i have to go under him and bait him to stomp so i can hit his arms, because all of his other attacks really gently caress me up lol

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

In Training posted:

I usually hate doing crap like this, but I think it's necessary to point out that the higher your adaptability is the more iFrames your roll is and the faster certain animations like healing are. It's the one thing I really really dislike about DSII because every time I play I spend the first 30 levels pumping up ADP to a playable level but yeah. My advice is to get ADP to 30.
It's not *that* bad - I still think its more fun to put points in str and dex first so you can use more of the weapons. Don't get me wrong, invincibility frames are fun, but most of the early stuff doesn't need anything crazy to dodge. It'd be different if it changed roll speed or anything but eh.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like all the souls games for their own reasons, and they each have their faults, but IMO bloodborne is about as reasonably close as you can get to a perfect video game.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Benny D posted:

Please be kind to patches

I was doing some bloodborne co-op recently and came across a guy on his first playthrough. He ended up inviting me to a party (which was good because it was driving me nuts that he was missing shortcuts as we cleared the area). It was impossible to explain things to him.

During a discussion about the lecture hall and how to get to the nightmare areas he told me that he came across this spider with a human head and how he killed it. He also described killing almost every NPC he came across.

Long story short - he killed patches. I left party and unfriended him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I always kill Patches after I get what I want from him because he's an rear end in a top hat.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

In Training posted:

I always kill Patches after I get what I want from him because he's an rear end in a top hat.

You MONSTER :colbert:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
U can knock patches off the cliff with a pebble in nightmare frontier :-)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

U can knock patches off the cliff with a pebble in nightmare frontier :-)

I realized if I hit Orphan with two R1s I was like 2hp from him doing his little stagger so to be funny one time I hit him twice and then staggered him with a pebble. I was not successful on that attempt, sadly

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i like all the souls games for their own reasons, and they each have their faults, but IMO bloodborne is about as reasonably close as you can get to a perfect video game.

Farming vials and bullets is a little silly but that's my only complaint

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvFWkiR9RjA SL4 logarius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etRxlddyPVQ and a faily MWN SL4 fight

time to bash my head against ludwig, the accursed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

Farming vials and bullets is a little silly but that's my only complaint

u can buy them though