Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Scroto Baggins posted:

1/10, art is too stable and I can follow the plot line. Not like classic A3G at all.
On the other hand, for a brief moment I thought Eric was going to use Tibetan kung-fu to fight Greg, but now it's apparently pistols at dawn, so at least I can say it has disappointed me the way classic A3G regularly did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Odonata posted:

Gasoline Alley

Alien-Human hybrids have infiltrated our schools, apparently.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set hates wasteful spenders.

Working Daze is loving terrible.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix always has an excuse.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Out Our Way would like to see you home. (May 18-19, 1928)

Pogo (December 9-10, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Four (October 22-25, 1953)

Back To B.C.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Bernice, you take your voyeuristic slut shaming bullshit and shove it right up you rear end.

The Amazing Spider-Man

What does that headline in the background say? SPIDER-MAN--DORK? SPIDER-MAN--DEAD?

Sally Forth

The colorist looked at this dramatic scene and thought, "I'm feeling saucy! I think I'll make Hil's tears blonde today!"

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix always has an excuse.

Either that's the worst-drawn goddamn TV I've ever seen, or he's literally watching a matte painting.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Julet Esqu posted:

What does that headline in the background say? SPIDER-MAN--DORK? SPIDER-MAN--DEAD?

SPIDER-MAN--DICK

And to be fair, they're not wrong.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Bullshit. If chemical compounds count, Titin is just shy of 100 times longer.

Mmann
Dec 1, 2007

Kyoon Was Right
12/21/12

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Bernice, you take your voyeuristic slut shaming bullshit and shove it right up you rear end.

Didn't she throw a wild party where some dude woke up in her dorm room the next morning her first year?
Didn't she also eat a bunch of brownies that she thought had pot in them (even though they didn't)?

Is she still supposed to be someone we like more than Tiffany?

I have so many questions about why we're supposed to like Bernice and hate Tiff.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought Gasoline Alley stopped being a thing in the 1920s. It's still going?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 08/17/14

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Welp. Time to get the bribe money out of petty cash.

9 Chickweed Lane

...Unlike today's comic.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
"Oh, you snotty hipsters don't like my octopus jokes, huh?!? Then lemme tell ya about my swingers' cruise!!"

:getin:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I still can't believe they managed to put a Tracy storyline in the newspapers in which a guy with a noose calling himself the Hangman is menacing a black man's TV production.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I'm not entirely sure why she's suddenly crying.
Because judging from her last line, she just smothered Milton with a pillow?

gently caress you, Criswell--I mean, Ziggy.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb6H14gVWjM

Esplanade fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Dec 9, 2015

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mmann posted:

Didn't she throw a wild party where some dude woke up in her dorm room the next morning her first year?
Didn't she also eat a bunch of brownies that she thought had pot in them (even though they didn't)?

Is she still supposed to be someone we like more than Tiffany?

I have so many questions about why we're supposed to like Bernice and hate Tiff.
That's just how this comic works. The Evanses write unlikeable characters and tell us to like them, and write sympathetic characters and tell us to hate them.

Ooh, guy's going to accidentally hang himself. About time we got another unpleasant and unusual death in this comic, it's been too long.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Please stop Pirahna Club please

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SynthOrange posted:

Please stop Pirahna Club please

But it's just about to get good!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry I meant to say racist

It's just about to get racist. It's already sexist. It's the most misanthropic comic strip.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Scary Gary

Intelligent Life

Retail

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Still not funny, but amazingly accurate.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

What is the oxymoron here, exactly

is it the word "intelligent" in the title

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

It's a fair deal.

Mary Worth

Oh, what I'd give for a Dr Kahput right now. Can we have something happen, please? Maybe this whole storyling is just fantasy wish-fulfillment for the septuagenarian women that read it in the paper.

Rex Morgan MD

Ugh. This too. Both my favorite soap strips suck right now.

Secret Agent X-9

"Well, at least the brown ones, anyways."

Apartment 3-G '70

Still no sign of Tommie in a week and a half. Anyone wanna start betting one when she shows up? I'll say the 16th (it's the 10th now, which was a Saturday in January 1970, and they aren't rerunning Sundays, by the way).

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 9, 2015

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Babble Babble. Mandrake, never change. :allears:

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Is it just me, or is it becoming more and more apparent that Boyce is cut and pasting elements of older comics and is barely competent at blending these elements? He can't seem to tell the difference between white and a shade of gray. Any shade of gray.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set puts others first.

Working Daze tries a new hairstyle.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is guest-written by Bud Grace.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So Rex Morgan, MD can be summarized as a woman who married an elderly man for his money and then, taking advantage of his senility, takes over his entire company and fires the one person who could keep running it efficiently, right?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Like I understand that we bust Rex Morgan and judge Parker's chops because their premises of rich people getting richer and everything they want is completely unrelateable but this deal with the woman manipulating a senile man for her own benefit presented as something heroic is beyond belief.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze tries a new hairstyle.
It's capital. Capitol in modern usage refers to the building.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No one cares about Tommie

A3G

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County 2015 begs your forgiveness for its unseemly behavior yesterday.

Skippy can't apologize right now, because he's making his peace with his creator. (October 10, 1928)

Peanuts, in which Charlie Brown pre-emptively apologizes for following orders. (December 11, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean, in which the writer/artist commits atrocious sins against comedy that he must atone for eventually and refuses to feel guilty about it.

Rip Haywire makes a side-door apology for making TNT be a dog of action (between the strips) instead of a comedy relief.

Thimble Theater says "Sorry, but did you really say you want us to keep following that sailor with the weird arms? Hold on, we gotta check our release schedule..." (June 27, 1929)

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Green Intern posted:

Well, I mean, it's not going to any more.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Green Intern posted:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

I feel like we have the makings of a joke here, but I don't think we're quite there yet.

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

It also helps that you have the money to afford them, Nancy.

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I'm not entirely sure why she's suddenly crying

it was probably one of the guy's last triumphs of lucidity since he's dying of alzheimer's

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I mean, it is no less inaccurate than what was there previously. I'll give Mandrake that.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

catlord posted:

Alien-Human hybrids have infiltrated our schools, apparently.

As a child the eyes in Gasoline Alley both fascinated and horrified me. I'm thrilled that whoever does the strip now continues the style.

Broom Hilda

Gasoline Alley is engaged in a highly controversial scrapbook storyline! Get ready for angry letters to the editor!

Since a certain Bastard started posting Scary Gary the day after I did (which is really OK because nobody wants to see Mike du Jour ever again) and since my daughter loves this strip and it hasn’t been posted for a month:
Heavenly Nostrils

Big Nate gets really disturbing. Warning: may not be safe for children.

Ziggy manages a good joke. I’d read it.

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Cul de Sac is gross today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why the gently caress is a school teaching children about scrapbooks?

• Locked thread