Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Okay I checked out the latest episode of Super and I take everything I said about Gohan's retirement, get to the frickin gym mate, you have a better account of yourself against Frieza when you were six :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gohan getting clowned is always allowed and indeed advisable. You have to have Gohan get clowned to show that it's not Saiyan blood that makes you top-tier, but the contents of your will.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SirDrone posted:

Counterpoint: Broly was pretty metal in the first film when he talked, in-fact it's strange how by the time of the 2nd film he can't even speak anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk9xdV4ubgQ

Is that dub-added dialogue? Looks like it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Testekill posted:

Actually Broly is boring and lame. He's just an unstoppable force of nature who doesn't really have much going for him. Janemba is far superior in that it has the fat giant version but also Super Janemba which seems much more menacing and there are creative visuals like how it teleports.

I'm wondering what'll be ranked higher world's strongest or fusion reborn. They're both really good dbz movies. Janemba's the best non-canon villain though, he has a really interesting fighting style. Also you can hurt him by swearing at him!

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Just have someone punch Pan or Videl and he'll snap into a new powerup again.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
The rest of the DBZ films must be boring as poo poo because I literally fell asleep watching World's strongest. I ended up dreaming a far better DBZ film so I suppose my experience was good in the end.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The thing that annoys me most about Broly is that his name apparently uses a long o. I refuse to pronounce it that way.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Momomo posted:

The thing that annoys me most about Broly is that his name apparently uses a long o. I refuse to pronounce it that way.

Thing is, though, it makes sense as he is the largest bro in the world. The alpha bro. On the other hand, his fighting style is very brawly...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

VJeff posted:

Is that dub-added dialogue? Looks like it.

Possibly not: judge for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbHN0h9y2Ug

14:02

The thing that is forgotten about the fucker is that he's described by his father as 'a perfect saiyan' in terms of outlook-which means he's an utter bastard, just like Vegeta and Nappa were.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The action scene where Broly beats the crap out of everyone is great but the build-up to it really drags on too much and the movie is way too dull and humorless for its own good.

The dub soundtrack is hilarious though, they literally just filled it with buttrock

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

was there ever a release in the movies that had English voices and japanese music?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Gohan getting clowned is always allowed and indeed advisable. You have to have Gohan get clowned to show that it's not Saiyan blood that makes you top-tier, but the contents of your will.

In that case I want them to write Gohan to not be a complete piece of poo poo

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

sharktamer posted:

The rest of the DBZ films must be boring as poo poo because I literally fell asleep watching World's strongest. I ended up dreaming a far better DBZ film so I suppose my experience was good in the end.

But "World's Strongest" is really good though? :confused:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Monaghan posted:

was there ever a release in the movies that had English voices and japanese music?

Dead Zone, World's Strongest, and the DVD version of Tree of Might are like that by default. I dunno about the rest.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It's the "World's Strongest" all right. The world's strongest foul smell that is! Because this movie is a stinker!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Monaghan posted:

god I hope not

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Monaghan posted:

Big Green

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

if you want gohan to be cool then go watch the trunks special.

it doesn't end well for him.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mabels big day posted:

It's the "World's Strongest" all right. The world's strongest foul smell that is! Because this movie is a stinker!

oh! oh! did you just! ooooooooh! no you didn't! oh man! oh! you did not just go there! oooooooooooooooooh!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Testekill posted:

Actually Broly is boring and lame. He's just an unstoppable force of nature who doesn't really have much going for him. Janemba is far superior in that it has the fat giant version but also Super Janemba which seems much more menacing and there are creative visuals like how it teleports.

I like Broly for one reason, his fight scenes in the first movie. The movie sucked in storytelling and just being entertaining, until like the last 15 minutes or so. For the time it came out I was in my early teens, and it was mind blowing how awesome this punch mans was.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Monaghan posted:

The "remastered" dvd's and blu-rays of the films have that option.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Eight-Six posted:

if you want gohan to be cool then go watch the trunks special.

it doesn't end well for him.

No, but our timeline Gohan fared far better against Cell and Majin Buu, so I'd say Gohan's getting wrecked levels is more relevant to how cool it needs to make a character at the time. The Chris Jericho of DBZ characters, if you will

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

In that case I want them to write Gohan to not be a complete piece of poo poo

I have recently started to want to see a world where Vegeta becomes stronger than Goku and so he re-dedicates his life to being smarter than Gohan.

"I'm going to DEFEAT YOU!... Kakarot's.... Son."

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

reignofevil posted:

I have recently started to want to see a world where Vegeta becomes stronger than Goku and so he re-dedicates his life to being smarter than Gohan.

The final showdown... a spelling bee.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

reignofevil posted:

Now I'm imagining Vegeta studying furiously for a GED, then studying even more furiously in college to beat Gohan at getting a doctorate.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

reignofevil posted:

I think the funny part is that Vegeta's always been shown to be pretty smart, I could totally see him going blow for blow against Gohan in academics.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Twiddy posted:

I think the funny part is that Vegeta's always been shown to be pretty smart, I could totally see him going blow for blow against Gohan in academics.

He's tactically smart, yes, but there are different types of intellect. He can come up with a cunning plan and lead a battle, but can he conceptualize a five dimensional circle?

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

The guy was educated as a prince on a planet that was part of an empire spanning the known galaxy and has been piloting star ships since he was old enough to murder whoever he landed near.

Meanwhile Gohan was pressured by his mom to study and that's about all we have to go on there.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Neo_Crimson posted:

Now I'm imagining Vegeta studying furiously for a GED, then studying even more furiously in college to beat Gohan at getting a doctorate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXpdE-OEchE

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

We know he's dumb enough to deserve being horsewhipped by a live-in tutor.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Do we even know what Gohan's a scholar in?

Like, is it geology or some boring poo poo like that?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

the culminator posted:

Advanced chump studies

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

the culminator posted:

He apparently wrote some kind of scientific book on ki and energy manipulation so I guess he's a scholar in kung-fu.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Unified Punching Theory. So basically a double major in physics and physical education.

So, basically, it seems like Gohan is getting the Yamcha treatment, in that he's becoming irrelevant to fights but isn't allowed to fade out of the show with dignity?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I wouldn't really say that, since he did beat up Super Ginyu, who they made a big deal out of. Technically that's his first win since Cell.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yeah, unlike Resurrection "F" (where he gets one-shot by Freeza with no flair whatsoever, making him look stupidly weak), here he gave a great fight to TaGinyu, far stronger than anyone else on the human team, and Freeza went for torture rather than a one-hit kill so it looks far more dignified than his Yamcha-level performance in both that movie and BoG.

And Gohan's studying a Difficult Book, I'm not sure how that isn't enough info for you. If you consider Online canon, though, he'll later tell the world that Ki exists, and katchin can be cut, making swords immensely popular thanks to Goten and Trunks in spite of Future Trunks constantly proving his sword was completely worthless during his time in the show.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I like the new look baal

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Eh, I didn't think he was a joke in Resurrection F. There's worse fates than getting worfed by Freeza and he did well for himself until then, going out of his way not to kill anybody, successfully.

Bloodly posted:

Possibly not: judge for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbHN0h9y2Ug

14:02

The thing that is forgotten about the fucker is that he's described by his father as 'a perfect saiyan' in terms of outlook-which means he's an utter bastard, just like Vegeta and Nappa were.

Okay, fair enough. And yeah, I guess Broly is a little more metal than I give him credit for in the first one.

Although now I'm curious. He curbstomps post-time chamber Goku, Trunks and Gohan, who all...sorta held their own against Perfect Cell to varying degrees. So is he stronger than Cell or SSJ2 Gohan? (oh god did I just start powerlevels chat forgive me :barf:)

MJeff fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 10, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you can't properly measure retard strength

especially brollys retard strength since it seems to vary a bunch throughout his movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx

VJeff posted:

Eh, I didn't think he was a joke in Resurrection F. There's worse fates than getting worfed by Freeza and he did well for himself until then, going out of his way not to kill anybody, successfully.

Okay, fair enough. And yeah, I guess Broly is a little more metal than I give him credit for in the first one.

Although now I'm curious. He curbstomps post-time chamber Goku, Trunks and Gohan, who all...sorta held their own against Perfect Cell to varying degrees. So is he stronger than Cell or SSJ2 Gohan? (oh god did I just start powerlevels chat forgive me :barf:)

Cell was holding back pretty significantly until Gohan went SSJ2. Broly probably is around or a little stronger then Perfect Cell, but he's definitely not even close to SSJ2 Gohan, maybe Super Perfect Cell.

• Locked thread