Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Brown Moses posted:

I was interviewed by the author, and I provided him with lots of material, including a few thousand Twitter DMs Caro sent me, sometimes 100 at a time. It was basically like a unfiltered stream of his thoughts, by the end I only read them in case he started talking about the toddlers at the kindergarten being CIA agents. I did seriously consider at one point he might try to hunt me down and kill me.

im remembering the pms that caro would send me asking about my medic school and this was 100% how it was, just paragraph after paragraph of him just venting

also he was banned by GD american for his own safety, since at the end it was really apparent that he was unhinged and truely needed help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

anne frank fanfic posted:

Did you get paid?

No, I wouldn't want to either, I don't want to profit from his death or the material he produced. I get paid well enough for bellingcat now thanks to grants and the various training and consultancies I do, plus I just wanted the epic story of Caro published somewhere

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Goonspeed Caro, you were too beautiful for this world.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brown Moses posted:

No, I wouldn't want to either, I don't want to profit from his death or the material he produced. I get paid well enough for bellingcat now thanks to grants and the various training and consultancies I do, plus I just wanted the epic story of Caro published somewhere

It's more depressing than epic. So like, a Homerian epic I guess.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

:nsallears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBntnnCFvOk

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Video of a massive tunnel bomb from Aleppo, filmed by drones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay1ajEz1gBI

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
The two tone dust cloud is pretty.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Brown Moses posted:

the future is magical

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

Here we go:

:lol:
Is there a way to request custom shell engravings?

Brown Moses posted:

Hmm I wonder how much a person could make in ad revenue by just renaming them in English and posting them on a channel like Graphic HD War Footage?

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 9, 2015

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Brown Moses posted:

There's a smaller second one that is visible at 1:50ish. I don't know if it is WP or smoke agent.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Syrian Lannister posted:

There's a smaller second one that is visible at 1:50ish. I don't know if it is WP or smoke agent.

I think someone popped smoke, it's white and kind of bubbles up, and looks like it's at an alley crossing.

e- I went back and looked and maybe it's an airburst? Definitely smoke or WP if I had to guess.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Casimir Radon posted:

:haw:

Oh man I hope this doesn't come up the next time I have to get my clearance renewed.

To be honest, I wasn't ever expecting anything to come of my suggestion until the drat picture got posted.

gfanikf posted:

:lol:
Is there a way to request custom shell engravings?

Not any more, unfortunately. One of our members who can speak Ukrainian had the thing going with a guy (I think a volunteer) who was shuttling supplies to the Ukrainian Army, but they all had their phones confiscated for security reasons.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Didn't his "medic" poo poo go pretty far. I know there's a pic of him bloody holding an IV bag or something. Wasn't he on about doing surgery, emergency trachs, and chest tubes and doing them himself after watching YouTube videos?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Syrian Lannister posted:

I thought this was them blowing up a storage dump of chlorine?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

That Works posted:

I'd imagine it was something, but I'm sure there's other pockets of fighting there. If you look to the right and upper part of the screen at 1:50ish, you can see what looks like a small airburst followed by a cloud of white smoke, maybe a half mile away from the main blast.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Didn't his "medic" poo poo go pretty far. I know there's a pic of him bloody holding an IV bag or something. Wasn't he on about doing surgery, emergency trachs, and chest tubes and doing them himself after watching YouTube videos?

IIRC there were pictures of him holding IV bags. I think he lanced a couple of boils, or irrigated and stitched wounds. As for major surgery he may have assisted.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

VikingSkull posted:

I'd imagine it was something, but I'm sure there's other pockets of fighting there. If you look to the right and upper part of the screen at 1:50ish, you can see what looks like a small airburst followed by a cloud of white smoke, maybe a half mile away from the main blast.

is that the same cloud at 2:35 in the background?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

VikingSkull posted:

the future is magical

it is so god drat weird and when we are older fucks there will be some 360 shots of all future wars we can watch

this wasn't even close to being a thing a few years ago

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Hot Karl Marx posted:

is that the same cloud at 2:35 in the background?

looks like it and that definitely looks like a WP arty hit

e- actually looking at it, it looks like a regular shot on something that blows shrapnel back from it. loving weird

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Asian wants to become a doc without any of the leg work

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I just remember his plan to use advanced mathematics of some sort to make oceans disappear for space based cameras to take pics of submarines

It was two pages, and sounded legit until you realized it was word salad crazy.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Was there ever confirmation that he's dead? What's the chance he's still alive in prison?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Reverand maynard posted:

Was there ever confirmation that he's dead? What's the chance he's still alive in prison?

After this many years? Probably pretty drat low. His body would be easy to shove in among the executed Syrians and they could play dumb about not being able to find him. It's not like anyone who matters in the US government gives two shits about a crazy conspiracy theorist disappearing after trying to join the rebels. Trying to fight the Syrians means that he's basically a willing combatant, rather than a kidnapped Western journalist.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

I think someone popped smoke, it's white and kind of bubbles up, and looks like it's at an alley crossing.

e- I went back and looked and maybe it's an airburst? Definitely smoke or WP if I had to guess.

I could very well be air and gasses being blown back through the other end of the tunnel.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Dead Reckoning posted:

I could very well be air and gasses being blown back through the other end of the tunnel.

I never even thought of that. I like how we're all, "what's that little puff? Hmmmmmm" as a WWI style sapper mine annihilates a city block.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Anyone know what that building was? Looked like it was beat to poo poo to begin with

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

How about a dark Cohen brothers film?

If GiP got a book full of bathroom dick art published, we can write a goddamned movie script.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

ought ten posted:

Anyone know what that building was? Looked like it was beat to poo poo to begin with

Who cares? Allah wills Imminent Domain for a new freeway.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

psydude posted:

How about a dark Cohen brothers film?

If GiP got a book full of bathroom dick art published, we can write a goddamned movie script.
Can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q72goReNPBQ

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Enjoy some coast guard training with bad music innit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeRQYpwhSvU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

That Works posted:

The video description doesn't specify what it is, basically just calls it a military depot.

It was done by the FSA though, so hey score one for the good guys.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I've seen a couple of articles call it chlorine, but I don't know where that detail came from originally. That smoke is loving weird though.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.
Chlorine gas is a pretty distinct yellow. It's pretty much dead on to be nitrogen dioxide, which is plenty poisonous all by itself. In all probability though it's probably just darker colored clay soil dust that convected its way to the outside of the dust cloud because it was closer to the bomb and thus hotter/faster moving.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Crigit posted:

Chlorine gas is a pretty distinct yellow. It's pretty much dead on to be nitrogen dioxide, which is plenty poisonous all by itself. In all probability though it's probably just darker colored clay soil dust that convected its way to the outside of the dust cloud because it was closer to the bomb and thus hotter/faster moving.

Interestingly I was also thinking Nitrogen Dioxide from that yellow ochre color. Neat but yeah could be just dust and probably more likely.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

There was some other tunnel bomb video from a few months ago that had a huge cloud of what appeared to be nitrogen dioxide puff out after detonation as well.

Edit: there were no ICBMs on this page so I fixed it

bij fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 12, 2015

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
:eyepop:

http://gfycat.com/AgitatedHauntingEstuarinecrocodile

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Some folks take airsoft very seriously.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
These uniforms, too clean for Ukrainian separatists. Only airsofters are so immaculate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Holy hell, I'm guessing that smacked right into the fuel tanks?

• Locked thread