Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
Yeah you're right Tommy.

I like rec hockey for the fact that it's generally chill and involves beer but late night games can eat a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

:siren: ATTENTION AUTOMOTIVE INSANITY, IT IS NOW TIME FOR YOUR SCHEDULED MONTHLY FIVE GUYS DERAIL. THINK HOW BADLY YOU NEED FIVE GUYS INSIDE YOU RIGHT NOW. ONLY A DOUBLE FISTFUL OF FIVE GUYS GREASY MEAT BETWEEN TWO BUNS AND ALL THE NUTS YOU COULD EVER NEED SHOVED RIGHT DOWN YOUR THROAT CAN SATISFY YOU. YOU loving ANIMALS. :siren:

Last Sunday I had a little bacon, all the way and about 10 pounds of those god drat fries. God drat it all for being so delicious.

In other news, I bought a Legacy. Where do I collect my complimentary granola?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

oh good my mom just informed me that im falling off her insurance january 1 and she wants me to get on the school insurance plan

which would be fine if they weren't probably busy as poo poo on account of it being, you know, FINALS WEEK

for someone who has her finances planned out like 20y in advance she sure does wait til the absolute last second to tell me poo poo

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Last Sunday I had a little bacon, all the way and about 10 pounds of those god drat fries. God drat it all for being so delicious.

In other news, I bought a Legacy. Where do I collect my complimentary granola?

At the rescue shelter complimentary with each new medium to large dog adoption, plus free flannel if the dog is older!

Why aren't you on your way already? He's waiting for you, Fry :unsmith:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

S1000RR.

Super Duke doesn't fit me right, sadly :( I loving love it, but the air coming over the fairing hits me square in the chest and makes it super uncomfortable to ride above 50.

I got a 2012 Tuono V4R w/akra & race map for less than $9,000 and it rules hard. Try one out if you're shopping. On your budget you could get one of the new ones with 1100cc and ABS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nhlIKKJzkg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBaktJbu-DQ

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Enourmo posted:

get on the school insurance plan

which would be fine if they weren't probably busy as poo poo on account of it being, you know, FINALS WEEK

Would that part of the administration be affected by end of the semester stuff? Would it be under the registrar's office or somewhere else?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kimbo305 posted:

Would that part of the administration be affected by end of the semester stuff? Would it be under the registrar's office or somewhere else?

who knows, i'll have to figure it all out

i guess it's more the whole thing of fitting this in between-studying and exams and also before they close for winter break (if they do at all, my main point of reference is community college so I don't exactly know how these things work at big schools)

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

mafoose posted:

You have a waterjet?
Or access to one?

There's like 5 waterjet shops in my metro area, this one is cheap and does short runs.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Why is this a process every large sized company must go through:

Management :downs: All employees must be agile hotdesking digital sig sigma professionals, so laptops for all!
Employees: :) OK. That's neat. Even if I still need two monitors, a docking station and a $4k laptop to do my FEM analysis and my CAD.
Thieves :ninja: Holy crap, it's like a candy store with no staff! *liberates a few dozen brand new high-end Thinkpads*
Management :saddowns: ALL EMPLOYEES MUST TAKE HOME ALL LAPTOPS AT END OF EACH WORK DAY TO AVOID THEFT!
Employees: :raise: But, I commute by bike/have stuff after work/always forget to bring it in the morning/actually can't really see why poor office security on your behalf should be a problem on mine.
Management :saddowns: ALL EMPLOYEES MUST TAKE HOME ALL LAPTOPS AT END OF EACH WORK DAY TO AVOID THEFT!

*Eight month fight with middle management to OK a $50 Kensington cable.*

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Those kensington cables are a complete waste of time, mind you. If it's a combination one you can defeat the lock with nothing but a thin spring steel shim in seconds, and on 99% of them you can get through the cable in seconds with a decent pair of wire cutters or tin snips.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I got one which I think would last in the order of minutes, but yeah, they're not highly secure by any means. Nonetheless, we had a break in where my laptop seemed to have been spared thanks to one, so...

Thanks again for the flashlight message btw. Looks really interesting. I'm going to see what the involvement is time and money wise.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Eh, if yours is locked and nobody else's is, then it'll work - not worth it for a thieft to spend time breaking the lock when there's unlocked ones right there for the taking.

No worries, man :) You can spend as little as $20-30 getting into flashlight modding, and when things get super crazy the high-end can be thousands of dollars or more :P

The 2nd of the two drop-in units that I linked you is really quite good, though - so if the answer to how much money/time you want to put in is "50 bux and an hour or so" then you've got that covered too :)

The CPF people, though insane, are all very friendly and will be happy to help you out, too, as am I :)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Came first for the second half of the year in VTA 1/10th scale on road and first for year's combined points :)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Fucker now you have me wondering about going rotary for the track rat instead of the I4 I was looking at. Could probably get the same power, less weight, MUCH cheaper rebuilds and initial price. Not cool man now I have to research rotaries all day :argh: poo poo my brother has the engine from his first gen RX7 sitting torn down in Wisconsin...

BoostCreep posted:

I'm at a crossroads with my cars, which seems to be a very common place for me to be.
I'm constantly at a crossroads with my cars. On the diesel Jeep I was talking to the neighbor about these a while ago, apparently parts costs are stupid expensive. I guess there's some control module or something for the engine that is known to poo poo the bed and is several thousand to replace. It's one of those not if but when failures. Maybe a dumb question but why do you NEED a towing vehicle, how often are you going to be towing poo poo? I've been able to get by fine with borrowing or renting trucks when I need to tow something too big for the VW.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

AI: I have three cars that don't run, so I'm getting rid of the two that do.
This is AI, I would be disappointed by anything else.

ilkhan posted:

If you want a lightweight track car go buy a lotus or atom, not an RX.
I keep going back and forth between building 'the ultimate lightweight E30' or just buying a lotus. For what I'm going to end up having in the loving E30 I could get a decent lotus 7 or maybe a high mileage atom. Then I start thinking about buying an actual open wheel race car and :homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I consider buying one of those at least once every couple months. Used ones are getting into reasonable territory which is making it even more tempting. California Superbike School sells off their fleet every year :getin:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

NitroSpazzz posted:

Fucker now you have me wondering about going rotary for the track rat instead of the I4 I was looking at. Could probably get the same power, less weight, MUCH cheaper rebuilds and initial price. Not cool man now I have to research rotaries all day :argh: poo poo my brother has the engine from his first gen RX7 sitting torn down in Wisconsin...

I was going to go to bed at midnight last night but then I found this video of a dude rebuilding a rotary and watched that instead...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijJeUk_GqiI

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to when that video was made? It has a distinct Napoleon Dynamite vibe to it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

88h88 posted:

I was going to go to bed at midnight last night but then I found this video of a dude rebuilding a rotary and watched that instead...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijJeUk_GqiI

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to when that video was made? It has a distinct Napoleon Dynamite vibe to it.

"Like most enjoyable things in life, it takes at least half a tub of vaseline to complete this task"

:allears: I like this guy.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

There's plenty more lube and shaft jokes in there too...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Ever heard of CV joints that only make unhappy sounds in reverse? And don't have ripped boots?

Mine are making some downright ugly noises when I back out of a parking space, but don't make any noise otherwise. Boots aren't split or anything. :argh:

e: they've been doing this for well over a year, but it's recently gotten a lot worse. But it's still only while backing up.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 9, 2015

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

You Am I posted:

Came first for the second half of the year in VTA 1/10th scale on road and first for year's combined points :)

Is power available for charging batteries?
No. For public safety, mains power is not available outside of club events.

THE PLEBES CANNOT SAFELY HANDLE MAINS POWER.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

88h88 posted:

There's plenty more lube and shaft jokes in there too...

Oh yeah, I watched till the end. Interesting build.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

CommieGIR posted:

Oh yeah, I watched till the end. Interesting build.

I watched the one where he built up a custom LED array for his tail light. Seems like a pretty smart dude. Little odd, but pretty smart. I should start watching the series. I'm sure I'll get right on it after I finish Project Binky :v:.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

mafoose posted:

Get a 500GB, they're only $150. Enough to be an OS and games drive.

Someone talk me out of a Moto X Pure.
My USB port just took a poo poo on my N5, I need a replacement phone asap. Caveats, I'm on Sprint, and would prefer to make payments on the phone. Motorola is currently offering interest free zero down.

N5X is now 50 off

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

mafoose posted:

Get a 500GB, they're only $150. Enough to be an OS and games drive.

Someone talk me out of a Moto X Pure.
My USB port just took a poo poo on my N5, I need a replacement phone asap. Caveats, I'm on Sprint, and would prefer to make payments on the phone. Motorola is currently offering interest free zero down.

I like my MXP. A lot. Very nice phone. I HAAAATE the camera. It's lousy. I can't seem to take photos without something blurring. When I was researching what phone to buy, rumor was Android M will bring the camera 2.0 API stuff in and hopefully help out in this department, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Subaru Baja in the parking lot at work with the tiniest little camper shell on it... I'm thinking, why not just buy a loving Outback at that point? :v:

Wearing my BLACK THUMBS hat to work today so my co-workers can witness me.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Pham Nuwen posted:

Subaru Baja in the parking lot at work with the tiniest little camper shell on it... I'm thinking, why not just buy a loving Outback at that point? :v:

Wearing my BLACK THUMBS hat to work today so my co-workers can witness me.
Old co-worker had one of those and wanted a topper. Said the cheapest he could find one for was like $1,200 to which I replied "huh, that's used Outback money." :haw:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

:siren: ATTENTION AUTOMOTIVE INSANITY, IT IS NOW TIME FOR YOUR SCHEDULED MONTHLY FIVE GUYS DERAIL. THINK HOW BADLY YOU NEED FIVE GUYS INSIDE YOU RIGHT NOW. ONLY A DOUBLE FISTFUL OF FIVE GUYS GREASY MEAT BETWEEN TWO BUNS AND ALL THE NUTS YOU COULD EVER NEED SHOVED RIGHT DOWN YOUR THROAT CAN SATISFY YOU. YOU loving ANIMALS. :siren:

I just so happen to have had 5 guys in my mouth yesterday at lunchtime

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
My N5X is almost exactly what I wanted in an Android phone, it's just a bit too big. I would rather have the 4.7-5" form factor, but aside from that, I have zero complaints. Battery usually lasts through the day, although I'm not a heavy user.

Only real additional expense is USB-C cables.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

scuz posted:

Old co-worker had one of those and wanted a topper. Said the cheapest he could find one for was like $1,200 to which I replied "huh, that's used Outback money." :haw:

Man its early I was sitting here mistakenly confused over who would want an Outback instead of a Brat with a camper shell.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

poo poo, I might just go to Five Guys for dinner tonight.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
Five guys talk is torture here, I'm hungry and its lunch time but no five guys anywhere around here. Instead, I just carb loaded at a small town bakery with a cheese bagel toasted, fresh buttercream crispy donut, and a fresh cranberry walnut muffin. I just can't control myself in there.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Am I the only one who wasn't impressed with 5 guys? Maybe I need to try it again.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

El Jebus posted:

Am I the only one who wasn't impressed with 5 guys? Maybe I need to try it again.

It's impressive when all the fast food burger around you are limited to McDonalds, Burger King ,etc.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
It's not $20 burger good, but it sure as gently caress beats any other fastfood burger I can get (BK, McD) and their fries are better than Wendys so 5 guys it is.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

kastein posted:

It's not $20 burger good, but it sure as gently caress beats any other fastfood burger I can get (BK, McD) and their fries are better than Wendys so 5 guys it is.

Next time you're around i'm taking you to Local 388. Yesterday i got a Chorizo burger so good i nearly punched my daughter.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

There is a Five Guys a mile from my shop that I pass everyday on my way home. Must. Resist. Temptation. God drat I love their fries.

Anyone ever fart so loud it woke up your partner and scared the poo poo outta them? Man I was laughing hard at that last night.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

SSW and I have been talking and I've come to the conclusion that his writing lends itself incredibly well to illustration. Am I the only one who wants some of his scenes immortalized as art on my walls?

This piece for instance: http://seat-safety-switch.tumblr.com/post/124667452045/the-postman-always-rod-knocks-twice

I'm going to start hunting for an illustrator for him. Ideally a goon. Creative convention would be the place to start right?
I've also been thinking about taking some of his tumblr posts to a local tattoo artist as inspiration for a full/half sleeve.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

kastein posted:

I just so happen to have had 5 guys in my mouth yesterday at lunchtime

I'll bet before the end of the day you'll have 5 guys in your butt

:laffo:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You Am I posted:

Nice!

I've finally sorted most of the issues I had with my VTA TC3. We managed to have a particularly high-traction day a few weeks back at our new parking lot (my VTA tires were coming off the track with honest-to-god rubber pickup :stare: ) and it made my old man a bit grumpy that I was maybe five seconds behind him on a five minute heat, when he's running a TC6.1 that's probably at least 100g underweight.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Goober Peas posted:

I'll bet before the end of the day you'll have 5 guys in your butt

:laffo:

Dog, I don't think that joke works, dog.

E: http://youtu.be/NCFwvngf0GM?t=47s

Phone fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
55 degrees out in Buffalo right now, what the heck. The rest of the week is all in the 50s until next monday. If my mustang starts up I'm digging that sucker out of the garage. Its been in storage since Nov 15th and we haven't had one flake of snow.

edit: Though I did just remember it needs an oil change, manual trans fluid change, and I have adhesive all over my windows from taking the tint off. Meeeeh.

• Locked thread