Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

They put a photoshop of Neville as Dumbo on RAW this week. Bayley must never leave NXT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Certainly when the crowd finally reacted to the first instance of him saying Tater Tot, Reigns just ran with it and said it like 15 more times, right? Nobody could have actually written that out verbatim and thought that was a good idea.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The strong hero, Triple H, who is and always has been our friend, is shielding the NXT talent from the baleful gaze and corrupting touch of the twin Satans, Kevin Dunn and John Cena

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Astro7x posted:

Certainly when the crowd finally reacted to the first instance of him saying Tater Tot, Reigns just ran with it and said it like 15 more times, right? Nobody could have actually written that out verbatim and thought that was a good idea.

The last one in particular stood out to me as jarring since he basically was just like "hey you know what you are..... A tater... T-tot!"

Can anyone put that poo poo on streamable or something it deserves to be immortalized

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Losing to John Cena would get you over more than doing literally anything else in the midcard

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Looking forward to guest GM Ron White appearing to make even more tater jokes

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it was painfully and stunningly clear that roman was surprised and pleased that he got a line over and so he immediately, preemptively ran it into the ground

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Whats everyones favorite part of the owens/ambrose feud. What was the last thing they did.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
SLATER

TATER

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Efexeye posted:

it was painfully and stunningly clear that roman was surprised and pleased that he got a line over and so he immediately, preemptively ran it into the ground

Remember when Brock got Suplex City over by saying it 11 times during the match with Roman?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Efexeye posted:

He really is the WWE standard then.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Hace posted:

Whats everyones favorite part of the owens/ambrose feud. What was the last thing they did.

i liked it when dean threw coke at kevin because thats when i found out they were feuding

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Genericide posted:

i liked it when dean threw coke at kevin because thats when i found out they were feuding

Looks like someone hasnt been watching Smackdown!!

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Blasmeister posted:

They put a photoshop of Neville as Dumbo on RAW this week. Bayley must never leave NXT
I know this is an awful thing to say, but I really want her to get to Raw ASAP just so we can see how hard they tear her apart. The waiting, the anticipation, is only making it worse. They're going to crucify that poor lady, let's just get it over with.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Finn Balor will debut on the main roster in the demon garb as the Undertater

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Hace posted:

Looks like someone hasnt been watching Smackdown!!

The entire population of Earth?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Finn Balor will debut on the main roster in the demon garb as the Undertater

more like Underfaker

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

Hey man he's getting TV time so obviously this counts as a push. Let's just see where this goes before we judge

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
TOT

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

John Cena rules so much. Entry #30 in the rumble rapadoo please

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Kirios posted:

more like Underfaker

BRIAN LEE HAS JOINED TEAM ECW

OH MY

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Bayley, Asuka, Balor, Hideo, Gable, Apollo, that's the list of people I want to see hit the main roster because I live for chaos and pain and am basically 100% sure that none of them will make it unscathed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Apollo is the only one I see not getting hosed up for a while on the main roster

I was going to add Balor, but this week showed they have a new Irish insult to use, so yeah he's hosed

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
*Finn Balor enters gorilla before debuting standing as tall as Daniel Bryan*
Vince: Hey, who's this tater tot?
JBL, 2 minutes later: Oh my, Maggle, who's this tater tot?!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Shima Honnou posted:

Bayley, Asuka, Balor, Hideo, Gable, Apollo, that's the list of people I want to see hit the main roster because I live for chaos and pain and am basically 100% sure that none of them will make it unscathed.

meanwhile, Corbin will be pushed to at least the IC title and Nia Jax will become the Bellas' new enforcer

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
I want John Cena to come back and just bury everyone so bad it's absurd

edit: I want the first raw of him back being him AA'ing every single person involved in Raw's production for 3 hours

ParanoidInc fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 9, 2015

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kirios posted:

more like Underfaker
Undertaiger

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Roman isn't gonna get over and they should just forget about it. Ambrose puts on good matches, sells merch, and is over as hell. Why can't everyone see he's the horse to bet on right now?

Vince used to book with balls. Now he's writing like a putrid pussy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
How is tater tot any worse than fruity pebbles

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Son of Man posted:

Roman isn't gonna get over and they should just forget about it. Ambrose puts on good matches, sells merch, and is over as hell. Why can't everyone see he's the horse to bet on right now?

He only ever booked with balls when his back was up against the wall due to competition. He's not in that situation now.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Son of Man posted:

Ambrose puts on good matches, sells merch, and is over as hell. Why can't everyone see he's the horse to bet on right now?

receding hairline
crazy, somewhat scummy not pg kid friendly character
doesn't have the bodybuilder physique
no make a wish kid ever said i want dean ambrose to bring me sushi
etc

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Son of Man posted:

His offense is literally the worst

I like Ambrose as a character for the most part but I can't stand watching his matches

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Son of Man posted:

Vince books like an idiot until he has to otherwise.

It's always his "chosen star" over the rest, even though that's failed continuously since Hogan.

Ultimate Warrior, Lex Luger, Diesel...hell, Austin only had his "moment" because HHH was being punished.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Efexeye posted:

no make a wish kid ever said i want dean ambrose to bring me sushi
Yet there Dean was at little Brandon's house, waiting - nay, lurking - in the bushes with fresh tamago and dragon rolls when Brandon got back from chemo.

"Hey little slugger, the lunatic fringe brought you some fish. Raw, dead fish."

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Intruder posted:

His offense is literally the worst

I like Ambrose as a character for the most part but I can't stand watching his matches

Owens will make this one fun at least I hope :unsmith:

But yeah, Ambrose just...he really needs to start doing some different things. I think the last actual thing he added to his repertoire was the rebounding clothesline off the apron, but the first time he used it was also the last time it looked even remotely good.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

OGB posted:

Vince books like an idiot until he has to otherwise.

It's always his "chosen star" over the rest, even though that's failed continuously since Hogan.

Ultimate Warrior, Lex Luger, Diesel...hell, Austin only had his "moment" because HHH was being punished.

Vince McMahon tends to book the guys he views as stars over the guys he doesn't.

Every booker does this.

Also given the reward Vince has gotten, which is turning his promotion into the only wrestling company in the world fans in the US are willing to pay for in significant numbers (including the hardest of the hardcore), I'd say his successes significantly outweigh his failures.

Not to say that Vince isn't once again in the 'gotta find the next last star' mode and WWE currently isn't really, really bad, but all it takes is hitting once and you make money hand over fist for years and years and years.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The rebound clothesline usually looks fine—it's no Springboard Stunner—it's just a stupid move to have as a regular spot in every match.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Son of Man posted:

Vince used to book with balls.

Nope. The Attitude Era was a fluke in that McMahon actually had to do something different from his normal routine or get buried by WCW. Once he bought WCW, it was back to the status quo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The rebound clothesline looks stupid because it's incredibly slow and his opponents are always facing him and look like they should see it coming a mile away

I mean I guess that describes a ton of wrestling moves but this one in particular seems to take forever to land

Also I really want Cole to stop acting like the elbow drop to the standing opponent is SO CRAZY

• Locked thread