Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Goredema posted:

Wish Goonmod had an option for achievement mods...

Seriously though, thank you so much, Overkill, for locking this poo poo behind autistically-specific achievements! I agree it's super easy to get a group of people together to do a mission on Deathwish, with everybody wearing sombreros and carrying identical melee microphones, just so I can get the "Mariachi Madness" achievement and unlock the "Noticeably Superior Upper Receiver" for my favorite gun. :fuckoff:

Actually, uh, that's the greatest idea for an achievement I've heard. Minus the whole "unlocking a gun part" thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

You're mostly convincing me we need an El Mariachi crossover DLC now with Antonio Banderas becoming a PD2 Heister post Once Upon A Time In Mexico. Now there's one I'd buy at full price.

EDIT: Would actually shift my allegiance from Hoxton for a Banderas-voiced El Mariachi heister.

chairface fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 9, 2015

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Goredema posted:

Seriously though, thank you so much, Overkill, for locking this poo poo behind autistically-specific achievements! I agree it's super easy to get a group of people together to do a mission on Deathwish, with everybody wearing sombreros and carrying identical melee microphones, just so I can get the "Mariachi Madness" achievement and unlock the "Noticeably Superior Upper Receiver" for my favorite gun. :fuckoff:

Vox? Your Fat Pipe has found a use.

Also, why do we not already have a sombrero?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It should come with 30 concealment guitar case mods for the Minigun and RPG.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 9, 2015

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

BillmasterCozb posted:

Actually, uh, that's the greatest idea for an achievement I've heard. Minus the whole "unlocking a gun part" thing

Unlocks an acoustic guitar melee weapon.

BTW apparently we might be getting Kill Bill 3, so if you remember how I once said if those movies came out now The Bride would likely be in Payday 2, well, I guess we'll find out.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Is it being produced/published by Lion's Gate? That seems to be the only movie studio that we get crossovers with.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Goredema posted:

There aren't any weapon unlock achievements that are remotely that bad.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Weren't we supposed to get another female heister? What happened to that?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

TopHatGenius posted:

Weren't we supposed to get another female heister? What happened to that?

Yeah, Sidney; I don't think they've said anything else past introducing the voice actress, though.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Here Comes The Pain Train is kind of a dick. And Not Today is annoying because of how finicky the game can be for a 'jumping' cloaker? But yeah, that's about it.

vv Eventually, yeah, but I'm infamy X and still waiting on that one because just what counts as 'jumping' never seems to count for what looks like jumping.

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 9, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
You'll get not today via normal play eventually though.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Isn't the extended mag for the LEO locked behind the meth lab on dockyard? That's probably the only brutal one, aside from killing dozers with the g3.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

Isn't the extended mag for the LEO locked behind the meth lab on dockyard? That's probably the only brutal one, aside from killing dozers with the g3.

Locked behind finding it once, yeah. Does it have a low spawnrate or something?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Geight posted:

I've played dockyard a couple of tens of times. I've found the meth lab twice. That spawnrate could be adjusted a bit.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Geight posted:

it's like sub 1%

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Grapplejack posted:

it's like sub 1%

It's 5%. Due to the way RNGs work it's no fun and is easily the worst achievement unlock, but it's also something you can solo. Or just use SAM. Or whatever!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Ah okay, the one time I found it was when I desperately slapped a drill on every container because I had actually 0 bullets and there were no ammo bags, so I was looking for the crate that had a couple inside. I figured in other runs I just didn't find the methlab because I didn't bother to crack open every crate, but now I see that was actually a fortunate occurrence.

Can you find ingredients for the lab somewhere?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I still think cutting both alarms in Firestarter 2 is worse than the meth lab on Dockyard, but it doesn't hide any unlocks.

Geight posted:

If you crack a loot box on Dockyard and it has chemicals in it, do not restart that mission because it means the lab spawned.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Where does the lab even spawn at

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Psion posted:

Or just use SAM.

Yes....yesss! Let the hate flow through you!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Shima Honnou posted:

If you crack a loot box on Dockyard and it has chemicals in it, do not restart that mission because it means the lab spawned.

No. meth ingredients don't spawn in loot crates.

Geight posted:

Meth ingredients will spawn in cardboard boxes identical to those in the lab on Hotline Miami day 1. Most of their spawn locations are in the corners of warehouses and traincars. The Long Guide has a map of places they can spawn, I think.

swims posted:

Where does the lab even spawn at

It will spawn in one of the containers on the Moretta.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Discendo Vox posted:

No. meth ingredients don't spawn in loot crates.

Shows how often I get the lab spawn, I thought they were in the crates.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I remember doing Dockyard once with some goons, and something bizarre happened.

We had been doing stealth, and a pager goes off right as the Moretta docks in, but we get to the ship and all the containers are opened. The weird thing about this is that there was still a marker for "Hold F to drill" on these open crates. We were never able to remake that situation.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Geight posted:

Ah okay, the one time I found it was when I desperately slapped a drill on every container because I had actually 0 bullets and there were no ammo bags, so I was looking for the crate that had a couple inside. I figured in other runs I just didn't find the methlab because I didn't bother to crack open every crate, but now I see that was actually a fortunate occurrence.

Yeah, to be clear if the lab spawns, ingredients will also spawn. So the fastest way to do it is to run the map on a low difficulty and sprint around and quickly check a majority of the box locations - it's pretty easy to do. If you get meth ingredients, good, keep going and you're guaranteed to find the lab and get the achievement. If you don't see ingredients, restart. It can take a lot of time - 5% odds each restart are lovely odds each restart.

Thankfully you got lucky and don't have to worry about it!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The LEO extended magazine isn't really locked behind that achievement, it's possible to get one in a drop or buy one with gagecoin without the achievement.

Meth ingredients appear on the map on cardboard boxes similar to the ones found in the meth lab on Hotline Miami day one.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
One thing I find annoying is that I need to go out of the game to find out what are the requirements for unlocking something.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
So is the Platypus 70 an actual gun? Best I and a gun nut buddy of mine can figure is its some sort of amalgamation of various different guns, like a Winchester model 70 but with a magazine fed chamber and a slightly different front sight?

Edit: I suppose it's also worth noting that the Model 70 appeared in the original point break, though not as a gun Bodhi uses, a police officer uses it towards the end of the movie.

IBlameRoadSuess fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 9, 2015

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Discendo Vox posted:

Breaking Dead, Not Today, Precision Aiming (pre rebalance), Artillery Barrage.

I still haven't unlocked the Theia scope.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

So is the Platypus 70 an actual gun? Best I and a gun nut buddy of mine can figure is its some sort of amalgamation of various different guns, like a Winchester model 70 but with a magazine fed chamber and a slightly different front sight?

Edit: I suppose it's also worth noting that the Model 70 appeared in the original point break, though not as a gun Bodhi uses, a police officer uses it towards the end of the movie.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Payday_2

for all your gun-related nerd knowledge.

It's a Model 70 with FN's "Tactical Box Magazine Adapter" which is a truly dumb name.

watho posted:

I won't defend Not Today because it's bad but even pre-rebalance some of those aren't super hard. Super boring sure, yes, definitely.

Whatever the Theia one is called: Buy the zipline asset on an H&T and zip back and forth hipfiring with your laser-equipped sniper rifle all day. I did this with an R93 on Big Bank because I hate myself, but an H&T ought to be a lot easier.

Precision Aiming: Teammate with an HE weapon: walk up to dozer faceplate, empty mag. Even pre-rebalance the problem was getting 25 dozers to spawn but there are heists with easily-farmed guaranteed dozers now. You could farm this on Meltdown if you truly hate yourself.

Artillery Barrage: Stand on the roof of a hangar on Firestarter 1 and fire at the fence.

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 9, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

watho posted:

Not remotely that bad.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Discendo Vox posted:

Not remotely that bad.

I'd rather play a DW heist while wearing a certain mask and having a certain melee weapon equipped than doing either of those.

Psion posted:

I won't defend Not Today because it's bad but even pre-rebalance some of those aren't super hard. Super boring sure, yes, definitely.

Having the achievements be super boring is worse than having them be super hard though. I will never get a lot of those locked mods because I don't want to deal with the slog of unlocking them. I did it for Artillery Barrage because it's necessary if you want to run dodge with the GL40 and it was such an unfun grind.

watho fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 9, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

watho posted:

I'd rather play a DW heist while wearing a certain mask and having a certain melee weapon equipped than doing either of those.

Having the achievements be super boring is worse than having them be super hard though. I will never get a lot of those locked mods because I don't want to deal with the slog of unlocking them. I did it for Artillery Barrage because it's necessary if you want to run dodge with the GL40 and it was such an unfun grind.

hm, I don't know. Boring just means it takes time. Hard means it might not ever happen at all no matter what you do. Given a choice I'd rather have the "it is inevitable you will get this eventually" type over the "it is entirely possible you will play this game 2000 hours and never get it" type.

Obviously having neither would be best because they're both garbage design choices.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

watho posted:

Precision Aiming, Artillery Barrage and Didn't See That Coming are super easy. Five minutes each, ten tops. Not fun but they're stupidly simple to get if you put in actual effort to get them.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Tempest_56 posted:

Precision Aiming[...]Five minutes each, ten tops.

No loving way.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
since meltdown has a guaranteed dozer spawn that would probably be the easiest place to do it

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah you can just grind dozer kills on Meltdown now. Even without that, the G3 becoming an actual weapon worth using in the rebalance makes it a lot easier than before.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The only real achievements I'd say are loving dumb is Didn't See that One Coming, Did You?, Murphy's Law, Breaking Dead, Black Knight (http://i.imgur.com/FS9F5Br.webm)

Now, some fun achievements are Skewer, every BBQ Pack achievement, I Have No Idea what I'm Doing, Police Brutality, and every single jumping-related achievement (Minus the one that gives Baitface, because it's ruined)

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The best achievement is, of course, Cooking With Style.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Dr Cheeto posted:

The best achievement is, of course, Cooking With Style.

Ironically I still need that- I was saving it for last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
So I installed GoonMod. What are some of the key functionalities that I, as a new PayDay2 player, need to have enabled?

Also - a question about unlocking gun modifications. How exactly does it work? I know that some drop from the cards and some are tied to achievements, but what exactly is the process for unlocking mods? I would like to unlock some for the weapons I use primarily, but I can't find a clear answer as to how to make that happen.