Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I've already named my erfsnake Hard Wang tho

This is a pretty good snype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I like "S.W.A.G.G.E.R Extreme" a LOT.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

Lord Koth posted:

I would guess I'm the yellow line on the graphs? It'd sort of match the fact that I basically became completely indifferent at some point, partially due to AC going up, and was just messing around in my own area. Also the fact that I somehow never domkilled one cap I was sitting on top of and I have no clue where they had a candle left, and it took way too many turns to break down the walls. Was contemplating taking that one water throne from you last turn, but ultimately didn't bother.
I had about 6 liches, several Worm Mages with UW breathing and a bunch of W4-W5 Hydromancers sitting on it with 100 PD. I was worried about those Kydnids next to it!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

How common is it to name a pretender Emeril Lagasse running for the title of Panko Creator in a totally understandable misunderstanding relating to the job they are running for?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Power Khan will never stop being the best name you can give to a product.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
do water-breathing worm mages spawn swarms of shrimp every turn

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

:shepicide:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You have to embalm them first

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It said it'd bring him back... it never said he wouldn't still be a rotting corpse!

Always read the small print.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Bringing back a vastness as a mummy is the best, mummies hit old age in a few hundred years but vastnesses are thousands of years old so mummified vastnesses have enormous old age penalties.

Also the idea of taking an undefined number of huge weird space orbs and wrapping them in some rags to make them mummy-shaped is really funny

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Bigger Longer More Time More Sperms is a pretty good pretender name.

I just am not sure if it fits. Maybe a pretender/prophet combo.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hellotdotjpg is over with a MA Shinuyama/LA Pythium victory. I Love You! was my teammate. Here are the graphs: http://imgur.com/a/Fwz71

Our plan was to use LA Pythium's research engine to power out Mother Oak quickly, which was to give us the gems we needed for a massive early Enchanted Forests. That worked nicely - I cast Forests around turn 36, and you can see on the Provinces graph where my line shoots up.

Unexpectedly, ILU was able to expand incredibly well as Shinuyama. Shinuyama is normally one of the worst nations at expanding. But because of that, he had access to great sites for research/gem income and we were able to find enough Deer Tribe shaman sites to begin casting Tengu. Our tengu had no bless like the W9/B9 Jomon team, but even unblessed tengu are better than most other uses of gems.

We attacked weak neighbors and held on to our territory with lots of mean traps. There was a horrible server glitch in the middle of the game that caused us to stale 2 turns in a row, and we lost several important sieges and tons of troops/mages because of it. Our momentum stalled for a long time after that, and we were really worried the blood nations were just going to run away with it at that point.

The final turns ended with a throne rush where we jumped up 10 throne points over a few turns. We had to blatantly telegraph our win by claiming the thrones in a slow procession because our nations did not have access to H3 priests, so we had to pass around a Sword of Injustice to get H2 priests boosted to claim thrones. That's how sad Shinuyama and LA Pythium are. But we weren't too worried about someone getting a siege dive in - Iron Walls are legit: http://i.imgur.com/q5LQ7lz.png

Honestly I'm pretty happy about this. I've wanted a LA Pythium win for a long time, and getting it convincingly as the 2-man team in a game with 3-man teams feels good.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
I always expected to expand well as Shinuyama that's why I tested exactly no battles before playing them in this game

Real Talk: holy poo poo shinuyama is horrible

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
So how did you manage such good early expansion? Luck with the surrounding provinces or did you just figure something out with your units?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sadly, Gokruel the Evil Goku never saw combat.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

I Love You! posted:

I always expected to expand well as Shinuyama that's why I tested exactly no battles before playing them in this game

Real Talk: holy poo poo shinuyama is horrible
They are an intriguingly bad nation.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I'm also not entirely sure why they get at all, but I don't mind it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

So now that I've Broken the Seal, what do I do with it?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nanomashoes posted:

So now that I've Broken the Seal, what do I do with it?

Use your army of ghosts to kick rear end, pray that the gods you released gently caress over people who aren't you. Laugh maniacally, no matter what happens.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Use your army of ghosts to kick rear end, pray that the gods you released gently caress over people who aren't you. Laugh maniacally, no matter what happens.

The Zeus-lookin' one spawned a square away from my cap... :ohdear:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
That's alright, it's not on your cap, and even if it was, you could probably kick its rear end!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I don't wanna kill the guy I summoned a turn after doing so though, I'd be covered in the blood of my baby yelling "what have I done!" at a cold and uncaring sky.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nanomashoes posted:

The Zeus-lookin' one spawned a square away from my cap... :ohdear:

That' perfect, now no one can attack you from that direction. You didn't need that province anyway. Everything's coming up Agartha.

Also, you might be surprised as to what happens if you kill one of those things. Just a little.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

That' perfect, now no one can attack you from that direction. You didn't need that province anyway. Everything's coming up Agartha.

Also, you might be surprised as to what happens if you kill one of those things. Just a little.

I checked the mod inspector so I doubt it.

Absum
May 28, 2013

I still don't understand why Bandar Log/Abysia attacked my team and not you guys. I don't remember if this is correct but I'll just assume it was because we stole Enchanted Forests.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004

Absum posted:

I still don't understand why Bandar Log/Abysia attacked my team and not you guys. I don't remember if this is correct but I'll just assume it was because we stole Enchanted Forests.
I would think that it was because you guys had a blood super power in the game still and we did not. The odds were going to get worse for us as the game went on and descended into demon/horrorpocalypse.

LA Pyth mages need lots of forged boosters/matrixes to do endgame buffs. Shinuyama likes to use its national summons for troops and mages. Astral Corruption denied both of those things to us.

I think everyone else in the game overestimated Bogarus - we assumed your entire team would be funneling fire gems to him for Firebirds, but that did not happen.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I actually stepped up firebird production later on and started getting thousands of gold every turn but still wasn't sure what to do with it except buy lots more PD and astrapelagists everywhere. It didn't seem to help my/our war effort which was mainly me flying around with storm demons and vampires raiding whatever temples I could see. By the time the blood economy was fully up we were at war with literally every visible neighbour and couldn't make much progress in any direction.

I definitely don't know how to Bogarus properly, you're right.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Boing posted:

I actually stepped up firebird production later on and started getting thousands of gold every turn but still wasn't sure what to do with it except buy lots more PD and astrapelagists everywhere.
Fort every province, send it to your teammates?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

jBrereton posted:

Fort every province, send it to your teammates?

This. You should have a temple/lab/fort producing a mage on literally every province.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
I was really surprised at our dominion graph, given that we had no blood sac compared to several other teams. I'm guessing everyone else wasn't temple'ing everything. That's a necessary way to use gold in the lategame. We temple'd every province, even ones that bordered neighbors. And then we put mage traps in lots of those.

Honestly just continuing to make mages and troops with lategame gold is important. It's easy to stop and just rely on summons and waste money on high PD scores, but that's not optimal. A few recruited mages and 20-30 regular troops can go rolling through PD, breaking temples, sieging stuff to be annoying and so on.

If 1000 gold of idiots forces a big army of vampires and storm demons to have to chase it around for a few turns cleaning up its mess and eventually killing it, that's hugely valuable.

Have Some Flowers! fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 9, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Shoeless posted:

So how did you manage such good early expansion? Luck with the surrounding provinces or did you just figure something out with your units?

I don't know. I wasn't lucky with provinces. I tend to do well at aggressive expansion and I managed to just barely squeak by each time. You gotta be bold, kids

And yeah, I was pretty sure Bogarus team was going to roll over everyone. But we had 2 things going for us:

A.) Bogarus team was already fighting with Bandar team over Arco's lands
B.) Everyone thought Bogarus was way stronger and had way more firebirds than they did.

Also Boing you posting your robust blood econ numbers long before other people had strong blood econs made us all think you were a lot nastier than you were. It was probably your undoing. That said, Bandar team DID invade us, steal several very valuable provinces, and then extort us. We ceded a Sand Sorcs province and a poo poo ton of gem sites and sued for peace because we were busy fighting Nuclearmonkee's team and trying to deal with hundreds of doubleblessed tengu at the time. They knew we could kill them but it would hurt us to stop and do so, and monkee's team would have wrecked our southern border, so we just had to take it.

Honestly if the game had gone on any longer we were in a lot of trouble to Abyssia + Bandar blood summons and econ. We were still ahead but if they hadn't thrown in the towel and had managed to grind the game to a halt our blood econ would never have caught up to theirs. We didn't have a good way to make progress against them, though it would have been hell to invade our lands and I had some heavily empowered liches and vamps and worm mages just doin nothing by the end.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 9, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
By the way I'm retiring for a while see you guys in 6 months to a year probably

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

if I have a non-stealthy guy, and give him stealthy gear, does he become sneaky? Say I give him something that's +25 stealth or whatever the actual stat is called, does he then start getting all sneaky beaky?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Yup! Good thing to do with say your global caster.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

What's a good stealth level for a global caster to have? Also, what if I'm going to place some mage traps of some sorts, what's good for that?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MF_James posted:

if I have a non-stealthy guy, and give him stealthy gear, does he become sneaky? Say I give him something that's +25 stealth or whatever the actual stat is called, does he then start getting all sneaky beaky?

I've been told that there are two items that grant stealth, Shademail Haubergeon and the Amulet of the Doppelganger, and the latter is an artifact so in practice just one item for it, and all the others increase existing stealth scores, but don't grant it to people who don't have it.

Cecil
Jul 6, 2000

CURSES! Foiled again!
Grimey Drawer

Boing posted:

I actually stepped up firebird production later on and started getting thousands of gold every turn but still wasn't sure what to do with it except buy lots more PD and astrapelagists everywhere. It didn't seem to help my/our war effort which was mainly me flying around with storm demons and vampires raiding whatever temples I could see. By the time the blood economy was fully up we were at war with literally every visible neighbour and couldn't make much progress in any direction.

I definitely don't know how to Bogarus properly, you're right.

Also Absum:

Hey how badly did dropping that redundant AC hurt us? I don't know how many blood slaves a good economy should be grabbing per turn but I got the feeling that when the AC went up it was a big resource sink

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Roland Jones posted:

I've been told that there are two items that grant stealth, Shademail Haubergeon and the Amulet of the Doppelganger, and the latter is an artifact so in practice just one item for it, and all the others increase existing stealth scores, but don't grant it to people who don't have it.
Incidentally a Shademail Haubergeon and Amulet of the Fish on a Bishop Fish (now a non-national W3 summon instead of Oceanean unit) is a handy way to take coastal thrones if you have an ocean presence, regardless of your nation, because you will almost certainly find a W2 mage you can boost up with Constr-6 to cast it.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

Cecil posted:

Also Absum:

Hey how badly did dropping that redundant AC hurt us? I don't know how many blood slaves a good economy should be grabbing per turn but I got the feeling that when the AC went up it was a big resource sink

I spent 600 slaves on it but those would just have been storm demons or vampires or horrors anyway, and we had no shortage of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Boing posted:

I spent 600 slaves on it but those would just have been storm demons or vampires or horrors anyway, and we had no shortage of those.

Considering that these things tend to win the game when you have enough of them ima say you had a shortage

• Locked thread