Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Suaimhneas posted:

I just tried this and it's not true, the increase to storage capacity was the same as when the storage probes were not next to each other.

You're doing it wrong then because I got 4 together, got a bonus for it, and got more than the four I had on each continent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Suaimhneas posted:

I just tried this and it's not true, the increase to storage capacity was the same as when the storage probes were not next to each other.

More than just "next to each other" the nodes have to be connected by a line to indicate there will be synergy. Change your map view options in the upper right to filter it to just probe view, if you haven't done this yet.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You're doing it wrong then because I got 4 together, got a bonus for it, and got more than the four I had on each continent

Yeah, I stuck 3 together and went from 15k storage to 17.7k storage.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Are drop rates affected by the stats of everyone in the group? I got 3 Yellow weapons back to back the other night and raked in like 8 Orange Skell weapons by the time I was done with Chapter 5. I have some headgear with Treasure V but just noticed L's shirt has the same effect.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

So we've gone through a 3DS version, we're now at a Wii U version, and nobody thought, 'maybe it'd be a good idea to put the Arts in a taskbar on the touch screen for activations'?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

What Chapter do you need to finish to get the quest to unlock L's shop?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Tricky posted:

Chapter 5.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Tricky posted:

I believe Chapter 5 needs to be finished, then you should be good to unlock it.

Also the Essence Exchange Art you get from Yelv's affinity missions just feels way too useful. I can just target an enemy out of combat and pop it to fill up my TP gauge for practically no cost, I get to basically use overdrive at will.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Suaimhneas posted:

I swear this is what the game even tells you. :(

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Sweet, guess I should get that done then. Thanks!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

5er posted:

So we've gone through a 3DS version, we're now at a Wii U version, and nobody thought, 'maybe it'd be a good idea to put the Arts in a taskbar on the touch screen for activations'?

I wish it worked like in Dragon Age Inquisition where on a controller you press a button to activate your skill. Scrolling through what looks like a hotbar is really weird.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

gently caress you, giant deer that inflict Sleep nonstop in Oblivia, stop aggroing me when I'm killing a Tyrant :argh:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Do any of the early affinity missions (I haven't done any that weren't required to advance chapters) make you do poo poo that's hilariously overleveled for where you are in the main story? I just finished chapter 5 and feel like I should be knocking out some early affinity missions but since you can't cancel them, I don't want to pick one and find out I have to fight some Lvl60 monster that requires Skells when my guys are like level 20 at the moment.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fhqwhgads posted:

Do any of the early affinity missions (I haven't done any that weren't required to advance chapters) make you do poo poo that's hilariously overleveled for where you are in the main story? I just finished chapter 5 and feel like I should be knocking out some early affinity missions but since you can't cancel them, I don't want to pick one and find out I have to fight some Lvl60 monster that requires Skells when my guys are like level 20 at the moment.

Affinity missions have level requirements and if you dying 3 times then the game will let you lower the difficulty.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Fhqwhgads posted:

Affinity missions are all level gated, and mission board social and orange ? missions all seem to be chapter gated so the only way you can end up over your head is taking bounty missions from the board that are out of your league.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is there a list with descriptions of what the various armor buffs do? Things like Reinvigorate and Ranged Attack Drive, not like the resistances.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Awesome. Now I'm torn though on doing that or just waiting one more chapter...

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

U-DO Burger posted:

gently caress you, giant deer that inflict Sleep nonstop in Oblivia, stop aggroing me when I'm killing a Tyrant :argh:

That Tyrant wouldn't happen to be a pig that's always asleep would it?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

U-DO Burger posted:

I've learned the hard way to clean up around tyrants before engaging them. Good ol' single player mmo.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Sam Faust posted:

That Tyrant wouldn't happen to be a pig that's always asleep would it?

That's the one. I managed to kill it with my level 15-18 team but failed to get drops because the deer joined the fight and killed everyone

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You should still get any drops from things you killed even if something comes along and kills you before combat officially stops. The loot window pops in after respawn.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Question about fighting with Skells- I noticed that the green bar doesn't fill up based on what weapons out, is that just a ground only thing? Also when the camera suddenly jumps into the cockpit to show you staring the monster in the eye while blowing it away is that just for visual flair or am I supposed to be doing something?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Question about fighting with Skells- I noticed that the green bar doesn't fill up based on what weapons out, is that just a ground only thing? Also when the camera suddenly jumps into the cockpit to show you staring the monster in the eye while blowing it away is that just for visual flair or am I supposed to be doing something?

Cockpit mode makes you invincible and resets all your cooldowns.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Secondary Cooldowns are only for ground combat, yeah. And when you go into cockpit view, all your cooldowns are reset.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

The worst I've run into is some missions (notably Hope, Frye, Phog) taking you to different parts of the world that require some dodging through high level zones. The actual quest mobs are all pretty standard. As others mentioned, anything that you can accept (other than stuff from the mission board), you can do.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

zedprime posted:

You should still get any drops from things you killed even if something comes along and kills you before combat officially stops. The loot window pops in after respawn.

Huh, neat. I guess I just got no drops then.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Why can I only block select reports? I'm so loving tired of seeing Shulk say "Don't press L+A guys"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

horriblePencilist posted:

Why can I only block select reports? I'm so loving tired of seeing Shulk say "Don't press L+A guys"

I think the piece of paper on the touch screen turns those off.

Otherwise, press L+A, and then go to your menu and add them to the block list manually.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I just turned those off completely because I know some jerk is going to post spoilers eventually

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Just wondering, is it normall for the full game download to take absolutely forever to install? An hour after finishing the download I'm still at 9% install :psyduck:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Mango Polo posted:

Just wondering, is it normall for the full game download to take absolutely forever to install? An hour after finishing the download I'm still at 9% install :psyduck:

Nintendo is still getting used to this "online" thing, and installs take as long as the downloads. :suicide:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's a shame you can't save gear loadouts, all these indigen-type specific gear attributes seem like they'd be handy for going into certain areas or hunting tyrants but gently caress finding all that in your inventory.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Tricky posted:

The worst I've run into is some missions (notably Hope, Frye, Phog) taking you to different parts of the world that require some dodging through high level zones. The actual quest mobs are all pretty standard. As others mentioned, anything that you can accept (other than stuff from the mission board), you can do.

Where do you get the mission to get Frye? I'm trying to get every possible character I can before doing Chapter 6, and he's one of the few I'm missing.

The answer is... It's probably just get to Chapter 6, isn't it?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Senerio posted:

Nintendo is still getting used to this "online" thing, and installs take as long as the downloads. :suicide:

gently caress me. Two hours, 25%. I went home early so I could play :(

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Echophonic posted:

I've been hearing mixed things, but someone put up pictures of the collection pages.

...Are all the images from that link gone for anyone else?

Also, I'm missing the shop between Candid & Credible and Orphean Technologies, anyone know how to unlock it?

Cirina fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 9, 2015

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Can someone explain to me how the Potential stat affects Skells?

I'm still lost on understanding that, since skells do not have TP moves and yet they have a potential stat and there are buff augments FOR their potential? It CAN'T just be for soul heals can it?

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Anyone know how to get Telethia emeralds? I've beaten them a few times and broken all I can in the squad mission, but the item never seems to drop. Fun fight, hope to get in other goons to try and do it together with a full group sometime

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Dawnfire posted:

Anyone know how to get Telethia emeralds? I've beaten them a few times and broken all I can in the squad mission, but the item never seems to drop. Fun fight, hope to get in other goons to try and do it together with a full group sometime

I'm pretty sure it's just a random drop from the fight. I've managed to get Telethia Mirrors and Infinite Telethia Pens from it so far.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Eopia posted:

Also, I'm missing the shop between Candid & Credible and Orphean Technologies, anyone know how to unlock it?

Do the affinity mission Prospective Partners at level... 34 I think? I think the mission Spy Games is a prerequisite for it, but you need to do that to unlock Chapter 9 anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Eopia posted:

Yeah, looks like it got taken down since everyone was using it. I'm guessing Prima wasn't too happy.

I found a reupload though.

• Locked thread