Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Don't stalk people, cripes. One of the very few people I've had to kick out of PBC was kicked out for stalking. Don't join them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I like the part where he argues with the GM like he didn't just get caught red-handed.

And by "I like" what I mean is that it was extremely juvenile.

Like its kinda cool you got put in FFXIV GM Jail but then going all "I was just having a party with my FC what happened" is really loving lame. Just laugh it off and take the hit.

"I'm going to look through the ToS to see if this is GM abuse!" :goonsay:

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Verranicus posted:

Unrelated, but a third (fourth?) ERP/courtesan FC has sprung up on Balmung called 'Keepers Kiss'. So proud of my server.

Goons most certainly care an awful lot about what players do on their own time in the game.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Zaphod42 posted:

"I'm going to look through the ToS to see if this is GM abuse!" :goonsay:

That was some incredible projection.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

armoredgorilla posted:

Do Soverign Citizens play videogames? :cheeky:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Zaphod42 posted:

Do Soverign Citizens play videogames? :cheeky:

I do not wish to create joinder with you.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
It's good to know that putting someone of /follow and going afk could in theory get you probated. Cool game.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Belzac posted:

It's good to know that putting someone of /follow and going afk could in theory get you probated. Cool game.

What would be the circumstances where one would do that without being some kind of jerk?

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Belzac posted:

It constitutes in game harassment and stalking. Being AFK is one thing, but this was far beyond a simple /follow.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I'm aware this guy was probably being a creeper but I often put people I know on follow when just afking to see how long it takes them to notice and if they put my character in a neat place when I come back.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Unguided posted:

Strawberry Panties gave me an invite to the GMs' sex dungeon.

I love your spergy responses

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Pews posted:

Goons' obsession with Strawberry Panties is actually way creepier than Strawberry Panties

I don't understand it. I see them around Idyllshire or Limsa or whatever occasionally but they're never actually doing anything weird (beyond being named Strawberry Panties).

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Belzac posted:

I'm aware this guy was probably being a creeper but I often put people I know on follow when just afking to see how long it takes them to notice and if they put my character in a neat place when I come back.

It sounds like Gort only got in trouble when the other player asked him to stop and he didn't (and then she presumably reported him maybe?) so uh...just hope nobody does that while you're AFK I guess.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
It was better when you could /follow through zone lines and I'd come back to find my character hanging out with Hab or something. Rest in peace /follow, you were cool.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Xenoletum posted:

Goons most certainly care an awful lot about what players do on their own time in the game.

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a member in the thread. Plus it's hardly just 'on their own time' when they're blatantly advertising in public channels but sure. :holy:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

armoredgorilla posted:

Except he literally said "Also I'm going to look through the ToS to see if this is abuse"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Except he literally said "Also I'm going to look through the ToS to see if this is abuse"

No, he literally said "GM abuse"

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

No, he literally said "GM abuse"

No, he actually said "GM abuse"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've always loved the goon hatred for SP. Sure he's a weirdo but it's not like most goons have room to judge.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Fister Roboto posted:

I've always loved the goon hatred for SP. Sure he's a weirdo but it's not like most goons have room to judge.

I've played a game where one of the players was a Japanese investment banker irl and role played as a medieval dame and would call everyone gentle persons. Whatever floats their boat. Like I said, it's fun to observe.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
My only Strawberry Panties experience was a random DF dungeon run where they were the only other competent player. Therefore I support SP and oppose goonstalking based on sample size n=1.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How is the new patch? The game was getting mighty stale.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Tenzarin posted:

liberating ala mhigo was pretty fun

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

One new primal fight that was good, QOL improvements, then a bunch of poo poo that was good for a week if you even cared about it at all.

Oh and vanu beast tribe dailies.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Pews posted:

One new primal fight that was good, QOL improvements, then a bunch of poo poo that was good for a week if you even cared about it at all.

Oh and vanu beast tribe dailies.

Good dungeons for sure and Void Ark has some fun fights IMO (especially as healer).

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Tenzarin posted:

The Vanu own more than expected, both new dungeons are pretty good (the Arboreum is amazing), Void Ark looks and plays better than Alexander even accounting for raid size, and Thordan is one of the best singular pieces of content the game has ever put out. Also the story is fun.

The rest of it is middling to lovely.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Unguided posted:

Strawberry Panties gave me an invite to the GMs' sex dungeon.

I shall look in the Terms of Service and find that One Trick GMs Hate! :laugh:

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Tortolia posted:

Good dungeons for sure and Void Ark has some fun fights IMO (especially as healer).

True, I actually forgot about them though because it's been such a difficulty to queue for them. I think the duty finder is fixed now though? Hopefully?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Pews posted:

True, I actually forgot about them though because it's been such a difficulty to queue for them. I think the duty finder is fixed now though? Hopefully?

Yeah, it's fixed as of Monday.

For those not in the loop: Up until 3.1's release, the Duty Finder was picking content before picking players, leading to a ton of Duty Roulettes popping for the lowest level instance available, even when it was a poor fit. In 3.1, they tried to fix it, but in the process they created a system where two partial groups couldn't queue past each other, breaking queues behind them. YoshiP actually asked people to not queue as a group for a few days, and then they fixed it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm glad we can't discuss DPS meters in game without the risk of getting reported, otherwise I'd be able to tell this idiot ninja who doesn't understand basic math that death blossom isn't a waste of TP.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm glad we can't discuss DPS meters in game without the risk of getting reported, otherwise I'd be able to tell this idiot ninja who doesn't understand basic math that death blossom isn't a waste of TP.

Does he just not understand that more total potency = more total damage or something?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

It's always frustrating when I see someone parsing really low in a dungeon, because unless it's BLM (cast bars, plus it's my main) it's hard for me to tell them why.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Hooray for lovely ninjas! I had one who didn't use mudras in 50dr last night. When I asked why he told me that he hadn't unlocked them :stare:

And of loving course the other two pubbies rejected my vote dismissal.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Hooray for lovely ninjas! I had one who didn't use mudras in 50dr last night. When I asked why he told me that he hadn't unlocked them :stare:

:lol:

That's so bad I'm tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was trolling you, but he's probably just insanely ignorant.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

vOv posted:

It's always frustrating when I see someone parsing really low in a dungeon, because unless it's BLM (cast bars, plus it's my main) it's hard for me to tell them why.

If its low enough to matter, I usually just say "these aren't dying fast enough" and give an idea of how they can increase their dps by saying "didn't see a lot of blahblah ability effects going off, should try getting those in"

If you're CONSTRUCTIVE with your advice and not just "stop being poo poo dps", they usually don't get mad and are happy for the help.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Don't tell me how to play.

Also I just did a Levi normal with a GLD in the party. He was pretty good.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I did a sastasha hard with a monk with a level 45 weapon. It took 50 minutes but we cleared it. Mostly because we had a goon healer with the patience of a saint. And, you know, skills.

I also recently did a DD with a tank who purposely tanked everything in aoes. The dps called him out and the tank got lovely and quit.

Mostly this game is chill and fun but those aren't the runs you tell stories about

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

If your healer is good and dpsing the run shouldn't take 45 minutes even with 1 bad dps :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

nuru posted:

If your healer is good and dpsing the run shouldn't take 45 minutes even with 1 bad dps :catstare:

Our first healer was bad and laggy so we wiped on the first two bosses a few times before he finally quit. The replacement goon healer got us through

• Locked thread