Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Well, I placed guild, legacy and standard cargo bays on the republic guild ship along with a mailbox and GTN. Unfortunately I don't like the way the storage bays line up and can't quite click the right area to change them, nor can I pick up the entire room, so they're ugly but functional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If anyone wants one of the new Farmhand lightsaber crystals just ask in a couple of days when they un-bind from me and I'll hand one over. :)

Also if anyone has any of the Mandalorian Seeker/Malgus pieces and wants to trade lemme know, I have spares for pretty much all the other sets.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Pierson posted:

If anyone wants one of the new Farmhand lightsaber crystals just ask in a couple of days when they un-bind from me and I'll hand one over. :)

Also if anyone has any of the Mandalorian Seeker/Malgus pieces and wants to trade lemme know, I have spares for pretty much all the other sets.

I have a full Mandalorian set that I'd trade for other sets/pieces. I'm looking for alliance reconnaissance and skiff guard, mostly.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Hulk Smash! posted:

I have a full Mandalorian set that I'd trade for other sets/pieces. I'm looking for alliance reconnaissance and skiff guard, mostly.
I have Skiff Guard Supplementary, Skiff Guard Lower and Alliance Recon Upper, I'd trade all three for Seeker Lower and Supplementary, sound good? I'll throw in a Farmhand crystal gratis. :v:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Pierson posted:

I have Skiff Guard Supplementary, Skiff Guard Lower and Alliance Recon Upper, I'd trade all three for Seeker Lower and Supplementary, sound good? I'll throw in a Farmhand crystal gratis. :v:

No need for the crystal, I have them all. Shoot me an in-game email on Barraj and I'll send you the pieces. They'll unbind tomorrow morning for me.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Why can't I queue for Colicoid Wargames? It's not solo and it's not in the LFG tool.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
There's no scaling version of the flashpoint so you can only queue for it around the original level (~40).

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Pierson posted:

What makes the farmhand crystals special?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Athenry posted:

They're not more special than any other cartel market crystal (i.e. level 10+ and can be added to collections), except that they're the blue color of Luke's ANH saber.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

They're not more special than any other cartel market crystal (i.e. level 10+ and can be added to collections), except that they're the blue color of Luke's ANH saber.

Not just Luke's saber; the pre-remastered Luke's saber.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Then it's no longer canon since obviously the digital remastered NOOOOOOOO versions are the One True Version

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Athenry posted:

Others have already somewhat answered this but they're a really nice normal cyan blue which we haven't been able to get even remotely close to for levelling characters. Nonentity based them on Luke's saber from the original trilogy movies and it owns.

I got an absolute mountain of armour crates from the three supercrates I bought (and two jetpacks!) and I have some of the stuff you guys were asking about although it'll be another 24 hours or so until they unbind. I'm looking for the Outlander Observer and Skiff Guard Upper Body Armour boxes and the Mandalorian Seeker Supplementary Body Armour and in return I have a whole set of Snowtrooper/Overwatch Enforcer along with 2 spare Mandalorian Seeker Lower Body Armour crates and Darth Malgus' Lower Body Armour.

Medullah/Nipponophile I don't think the new jetpack is as rare as the older one but I'm happy to donate one of them to the bank so you can use it as a prize for the next competition thing you do.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Alter Ego posted:

Do we have an authoritative source for which crystal most closely matches Ben's pre-remastered lightsaber?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm offering because I have a bunch of the farmhand crystal is all, people can grab one if they like the colour. :)

Mercurius posted:

I got an absolute mountain of armour crates from the three supercrates I bought (and two jetpacks!) and I have some of the stuff you guys were asking about although it'll be another 24 hours or so until they unbind. I'm looking for the Outlander Observer and Skiff Guard Upper Body Armour boxes and the Mandalorian Seeker Supplementary Body Armour and in return I have a whole set of Snowtrooper/Overwatch Enforcer along with 2 spare Mandalorian Seeker Lower Body Armour crates and Darth Malgus' Lower Body Armour.

Medullah/Nipponophile I don't think the new jetpack is as rare as the older one but I'm happy to donate one of them to the bank so you can use it as a prize for the next competition thing you do.
EDIT: Dangit, too late. :(

Pierson fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 9, 2015

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

the new jetpack is silver not gold, so it's not that rare. it's also nice cause that means it unlocks for your legacy for cheaper.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mercurius posted:

Others have already somewhat answered this but they're a really nice normal cyan blue which we haven't been able to get even remotely close to for levelling characters. Nonentity based them on Luke's saber from the original trilogy movies and it owns.

I can give you Skiff Guard Upper and Lower for the Malgus lower pieces, and I think I have a Mando Seeker Supplementary as well.

And no, the jetpack isn't as rare as the last one, but it's still a jetpack dammit. :colbert:

I also got the Vrake mount. I'm struck by how impractical it is to ride.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 9, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Alter Ego posted:

I can give you Skiff Guard Upper and Lower for the Malgus lower pieces, and I think I have a Mando Seeker Supplementary as well.

And no, the jetpack isn't as rare as the last one, but it's still a jetpack dammit. :colbert:
I have the skiff guard lower/supp already (hence wanting the upper part :v:) but yeah, happy to trade the skiff upper/mando seeker supp for Malgus Lower. Like I said I still have around 24 hours until mine unbind so we can work it out tomorrow.

And yeah, I really like the jet packs as mounts. I have the first one they released on my power tech and it looks awesome. I figured something neat looking is the best sort of thing for a prize in this game.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Guess I better resubscribe so I can get that jetpack off the market.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

HebrewMagic posted:

I will also pay in sex acts for a Farmhand Blue crystal.

I've got a double of the Endurance one that will unlock in 11 hours. You're welcome to it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So I'm a F2P player who is nearing the point where I'll have to sub to move into KOTFE territory, and was wondering what sort of credits might seem fair as a trade to have someone sub me for a month or something? I have a fair amount of credits along with some millions in cartel market items (I took to buying them so I'd have the money 'on hand' rather than let it all go into escrow) along with some I couldn't price because there were none listed on the GTN.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Verranicus posted:

So I'm a F2P player who is nearing the point where I'll have to sub to move into KOTFE territory, and was wondering what sort of credits might seem fair as a trade to have someone sub me for a month or something? I have a fair amount of credits along with some millions in cartel market items (I took to buying them so I'd have the money 'on hand' rather than let it all go into escrow) along with some I couldn't price because there were none listed on the GTN.

Well $15 buys about 2400 cartel coins, so at the very least something worth that much. Probably a bit more to make it a sweet deal - and don't talk about doing such a transaction in game as it could be considered credit selling

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Jedi posted:

I've got a double of the Endurance one that will unlock in 11 hours. You're welcome to it.

Would you want anything in game for it, or should I get the chapstick ready?
If you wanna add my BH, Sakarian, go for it.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Just to be clear, Sentinels can't actually tank. All three of their specs are damage. Guardian is the tanking AC, and also is generally more fun to play.

By all means, play what you feel like playing, but it would be a shame if you were really into tanking and picked the wrong AC.

Yeah sorry it's a Guardian, just got my classes mixed up.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

HundredBears posted:

We have enough people who can play multiple roles that we can accomodate whatever you end up choosing. Healer is good for a more casual player since they tend to be responsible for the fewest mechanics in operations and you can learn how to heal decently just by doing it whereas tank and (especially) dps rotations require looking at guides or a head for math and some time for analysis. With that said, we have someone who's doing fine learning Hard Mode ops as a tank right now and dps is the classic beginner role; you really can play whatever.

OK cool, I was planning on tank or healer anyways. Maybe I'll be able to raid in a month or so.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Nerd Of Prey posted:

No, you're right, that is definitely the difference between those classes. Pretty much every ability a Guardian/Juggernaut has is situational and has a really clear purpose. Sentinel/Marauder is stuck with way too many buttons that are way too similar and their cooldowns are all too long, so basically it turns into a game of cooldown whack-a-mole where you use whatever you can instead of whatever you should. You end up feeling like you're playing catch-up during a fight, whereas with a Guardian/Juggernaut you have a really decent sense of control over any given situation.

Sentinel/Marauder is a really powerful damage class if it's played right, but it's difficult and sometimes frustrating to play. The learning curve is a little severe compared to other classes.

I did not realize that Mara/sentinel was one of the more difficult classes. It's the one I've found to be the most fun imho, and I do much better with it than any of the other classes somehow. I even hit top of the leaderboard last night, which unusual for me in any game.

E: just realized you probably weren't talking about pvp

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If anyone wants to run Xenoanalyst tonight I'll pop on around 8. I'm assuming you'll need to be at least 50, possibly 60.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

HundredBears posted:

We have enough people who can play multiple roles that we can accomodate whatever you end up choosing. Healer is good for a more casual player since they tend to be responsible for the fewest mechanics in operations and you can learn how to heal decently just by doing it whereas tank and (especially) dps rotations require looking at guides or a head for math and some time for analysis. With that said, we have someone who's doing fine learning Hard Mode ops as a tank right now and dps is the classic beginner role; you really can play whatever.

See, I read that and I'm sure it's right but I can't help but think that's it a lot of pressure to be a HM healer - compared to a DPS at least. Literally, people will die if you don't know your rotation or how to manage your resources. I guess the same could be said for poor dps and tank but healer has always felt less approachable to me.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

If anyone wants to run Xenoanalyst tonight I'll pop on around 8. I'm assuming you'll need to be at least 50, possibly 60.

65 or bust. No bolster for level or gear.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

:fry: bannings are going out for the exploit! Who will disappear from our guild? :iiam:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Medullah posted:

:fry: bannings are going out for the exploit! Who will disappear from our guild? :iiam:

Can't wait for the flood of "I didn't know!!" posts on reddit and the forums.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

prefect posted:

Do we have an authoritative source for which crystal most closely matches Ben's pre-remastered lightsaber?

hm.

I'll see what I can whip up, but they are SO similar, I feel we'd get a backlash of "WHY SO MANY BLUE CRYSTALS YOU SUCK BIOFAIL THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE"

But I will look into it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

hm.

I'll see what I can whip up, but they are SO similar, I feel we'd get a backlash of "WHY SO MANY BLUE CRYSTALS YOU SUCK BIOFAIL THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE"

But I will look into it.

How about a covert crystal so I can shoot invisible bullets and hit people with my invisible lightsaber.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Hulk Smash! posted:

See, I read that and I'm sure it's right but I can't help but think that's it a lot of pressure to be a HM healer - compared to a DPS at least. Literally, people will die if you don't know your rotation or how to manage your resources. I guess the same could be said for poor dps and tank but healer has always felt less approachable to me.

Pressure is a matter of personality or personal preference as much as anything else, I think. I learned to raid as a healer so I'm biased the other way, but generally HM is tuned around everyone taking far more than the minimum amount of damage possible, so when you fail as a healer it feels more like failing to cover for everyone else's mistakes than being solely responsible for a death. Plus there's always your co-healer to share responsibility, and a good co-healer covers a multitude of sins in much the same way that high-dps players make up for low-dps ones.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

HundredBears posted:

Pressure is a matter of personality or personal preference as much as anything else, I think. I learned to raid as a healer so I'm biased the other way, but generally HM is tuned around everyone taking far more than the minimum amount of damage possible, so when you fail as a healer it feels more like failing to cover for everyone else's mistakes than being solely responsible for a death. Plus there's always your co-healer to share responsibility, and a good co-healer covers a multitude of sins in much the same way that high-dps players make up for low-dps ones.

Oh yeah I meant to reply to this earlier too - DPS is a WAY harder role than healing in Hard Mode. DPS are responsible for avoiding mechanics, and maintaining a high level of damage in order to kill the boss before enrage. Generally if DPS know what they're doing, healers have the easiest job in the raid because they just have to make life bars go up, and those spikes are predictable if everyone knows what they're doing. Honestly in a fight like Terror From Beyond, fighting the Terror in HM, DPS is by FAR the hardest role. Think about it -

Tank - Stand on one of three platforms, move when you get spit on the platform, and go to home when you get scream debuff.

DPS - Kill tentacles in a timely manner while avoiding their slam mechanic, kill anomalies quickly when they show up, and burn down irregularites as quickly as possible. This requires maintaining a high level of damage through the fight and being able to switch targets and know exactly what platform to go to in order to get them all before they start causing raid wide damage.

Healers - Literally don't move from a platform and cast heals, help dps irregularities if you can. poo poo gets hairy if the tanks or DPS fail at their jobs, but if they REALLY fail no amount of healing can make up for it (miss 4 irregularities, etc).

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I think DPS is harder to play well but I've always found healing more stressful. DPS have to have their optimal rotations down pat and be able to maintain it while dealing with mechanics and switching targets. Healing doesn't have a complicated rotation but I think it involves more thinking on your feet and being able to quickly decide what the best heal to use is and who needs to be healed first.

But yeah I think it's easier to become a competent healer than it is to become a good DPS. DPS is more like learning to play a song on a piano and healing is like playing an intense game of whack-a-mole. And everyone needs to be good at mechanics. Even if healers have fewer mechanics to directly deal with they still need to pay attention to them in order to predict damage.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
What about tanking? Personally, I've always found it to be pretty straightforward.

And healers, you are my best friends.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
A large part of the trinity also simply depends on what you individually find fun. I love healing in an MMO, I find it fun and, in high end content, challenging in an enjoyable way. I wouldn't call it stressful most of the time.

On the other hand, tanking drives me nuts and I hate it.

FOXDIE
Mar 31, 2014
So, thoughts on George Smith, the lead ops designer, apparently leaving for Mass Effect?

https://twitter.com/SuperGeorge3333/status/674647966381051904

Doesn't seem like anyone on this forum cares, although I've seen a lot of people on reddit claiming this is the Final Straw for them.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

FOXDIE posted:

So, thoughts on George Smith, the lead ops designer, apparently leaving for Mass Effect?

https://twitter.com/SuperGeorge3333/status/674647966381051904

Doesn't seem like anyone on this forum cares, although I've seen a lot of people on reddit claiming this is the Final Straw for them.

Does it matter if the guy who designs content of which there has been zero in forever leaves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
There's not been much ops content and it's not a focus of KotFE, but on the other hand almost none of the people complaining about this have actually completed all of the existing nightmare ops.

• Locked thread