Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Odd that she still has 2 unused sleeves. Guess she doesn't need to completely go crazy for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

PFlats posted:

Odd that she still has 2 unused sleeves. Guess she doesn't need to completely go crazy for this one.

tha not e'en her finallike form, ditherpate

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Aw, Princess is mad at being left behind.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Say Nothing posted:

Aw, Princess is mad at being left behind.

I think she's probably just still mad about her stupid-rear end name.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
What isn't she mad about, you mean.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

At least she's already at a bar

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I hope Cio makes a literal paper tiger at some point.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Princess was originally going to take Alice to Mottom's palace anyway, perhaps she'll show up there... just to complain loudly about being called Princess Luna.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Megazver posted:

Glad to see Eightfold from Paranatural is okay.

Welp.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

SexyBlindfold posted:

Ugggghhhhh I hate this (I love this)

The joke is stated clearly in the comic so :shrug:

Although I don't remember it being there when I first read this page so also :shrug:

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I like how all the demons are clearly on her side at the end, giving her a salute with their beer for appreciation of a good combination of drinking contest, fight and then snappy exit.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
They may be ambulant pieces of the primordial chaos, but that's no excuse for rudeness.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's probably a mix of respect, awe, and fear; what she did to bind Princess probably shouldn't have been possible, especially for a devil of that power. They probably realize better than the magi that poo poo's going to go down, now that they've seen her in action.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Roland Jones posted:

It's probably a mix of respect, awe, and fear; what she did to bind Princess probably shouldn't have been possible, especially for a devil of that power. They probably realize better than the magi that poo poo's going to go down, now that they've seen her in action.

That's what I took from it. The way they're all chanting "Hail" as she departs leads me to believe that the demons/devils, more than anyone, grasp that poo poo Has Gotten Real.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Megazver posted:

Glad to see Eightfold from Paranatural is okay.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Wonder if the three Magi will show up again. What is their deal? They're binding a devil in the void, don't serve any of the seven kings, two of them don't have noses!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

This is awesome.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Superstring posted:

Wonder if the three Magi will show up again. What is their deal? They're binding a devil in the void, don't serve any of the seven kings, two of them don't have noses!

They looked decidedly unimpressed by Alice's exit - she did steal the mask they were selling after all.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

You are oversaturating with the Eightfold stuff.

Not that I don't like it.

Say Nothing posted:

They looked decidedly unimpressed by Alice's exit - she did steal the mask they were selling after all.

They're the "orthodox" adventurers.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Their expression is definitely warranted, seeing as how Allison just showed them all up by running in and slapping a mask right on Vladok while they were still talking about what spells they were gonna start with and marveling at how difficult it was going to be. All immediately after winning a drinking contest with an ebon devil. I'm not really surprised they're standing around all salty, probably muttering under their breath all like "whatever man, I was just about to do that but she got in the way."

E: plus at least one of them knows that's a key of kings she has lodged there in her brow. I'm sure the others do too, but only one of them acknowledged it out loud. Although I guess that's not really surprising, since lots of people seem to know about it at this point. After all, it is all over the glyphosphere.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 7, 2015

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

They're the "orthodox" adventurers.

The terrible fire of Will does not burn within their brows. They are unfit to be in the presence of Royalty.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

The Mentalizer posted:

E: plus at least one of them knows that's a key of kings she has lodged there in her brow. I'm sure the others do too, but only one of them acknowledged it out loud. Although I guess that's not really surprising, since lots of people seem to know about it at this point. After all, it is all over the glyphosphere.

I don't think it was a "everyone has heard about it already" deal. But rather if Allison DIDN'T have a key of kings than it wouldn't have worked to just shove the mask on there, but it did work, ergo Allison has a key of kings.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
doesnt vladok say its a key of kings during one of his solos

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I didn't mean everyone in throne knows, just that it's a significant enough number of people at this point that no matter where she goes it's highly likely that at least one person will be aware of her situation. Back in Hell 71 it was that crowd that started the riot, and in this case it was one (or all) of those magisters (who realized what it was after she told them she rode the lightning of her own volition/by her own power). And Vladok too, since after they got started he said he knows what's in her head and he's going to use that key restore the power he's lost with age.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Guess who's back! :dance:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Glad to see INGSVLD is still alive, I thought he got an arrow through his book, but apparently that's not actually fatal!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Begemot posted:

Glad to see INGSVLD is still alive, I thought he got an arrow through his book, but apparently that's not actually fatal!

Judging by the faces Cio's book has made, even beheadings aren't fatal, just really really miserable because now you're at whoever's mercy until you get a body again (if that's even a thing).

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Auntie Maya looks really tired of everyone else's poo poo.

A Terrible Violence Will Soon Ensue.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
For some reason my favorite detail is the fact that Kayla Brimstone, the gun witch, rides an actual broom.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Giant Ethicist posted:

For some reason my favorite detail is the fact that Kayla Brimstone, the gun witch, rides an actual broom.

If the broom isn't also a big-rear end anti-tank rifle I will be just so upset, you have no idea

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mazerunner posted:

If the broom isn't also a big-rear end anti-tank rifle I will be just so upset, you have no idea

I think you mean anti-angel rifle, by YISUN how can you be so insensitive?????

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
Is that giant loving baby Preem Nand?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the giant loving baby's been around but unfortunately we haven't gotten to see it kicking peoples' asses yet

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The knight on the lower left is so conventional that he loops back to unique.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Giant Ethicist posted:

I was trying to remember her name, and "Velma Sprinkles, Gun Witch" was as far as I got

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Auntie Maya is looking pretty imperious up there.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phy posted:

I was trying to remember her name, and "Velma Sprinkles, Gun Witch" was as far as I got

It's Layla, not Kayla, but yeah.

Superstring posted:

Auntie Maya is looking pretty imperious up there.

Indeed. And she's following them a lot more closely than I would have figured. I don't think any of them realize who she is exactly, though.

More interestingly, apparently they're planning to follow Allison and Cio into Mottom's palace, which one would think would be inadvisable. They must really want that key, and be really sure of themselves. Which, well, fits Eris-Lo Kai pretty well, really, at least.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Auntie Maya seems to be a beggar knight, it wouldn't surprise me if they are generally good at not having attention called to themselves, or otherwise making themselves not appear a threat until it's too late. Might account for why she's been able to tail them without them getting particularly concerned.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

ElMaligno posted:

I think you mean anti-angel rifle, by YISUN how can you be so insensitive?????

Anti-Materialism Rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Anti-Materialism Rifle.

:vince: