Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Currently getting cussed out by the Ingram owner :laffo:

I just got a text WHY THE gently caress ARE YOU PICKING UP MY HANDCUFF????!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

RVProfootballer posted:

Enjoy a new report this evening: Ingram will play through it and have surgery in off season. Oops.

I'm not going to play either of them nor am I likely to play Spiller or Hightower, but i'll take the chance and get them off the wire now to block the other owners. I'll also be happy when someone else adds and starts Lacy only to get a cool 3 points.

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm pretty sure the Saints have been using him the last few weeks, no?

Touches are 14-12 Spiller over the last month

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm pretty sure the Saints have been using him the last few weeks, no?

Oh yeah, that isn't added in his career stats yet in Rotoworld. He actually had 11 carries in the Redskins game for some reason.

One of the other playoff team has Ingram so I'll just drop my kicker and see how this plays out.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I somehow wound up with both DGB and Kendall Wright, which one of these is less useless?

Also, would I be crazy to consider starting Jay Ajayi this week instead of say, Antonio Andrews? Non-PPR

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Vargo posted:

I somehow wound up with both DGB and Kendall Wright, which one of these is less useless?

Also, would I be crazy to consider starting Jay Ajayi this week instead of say, Antonio Andrews? Non-PPR

No idea on the first, but yeah, I think you'd be silly to start Ajayi over Andrews.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I also need to stream TEs for the rest of the season, is Zach Miller a good pickup this week with Bennett out? My only other real option is Jacob Tamme against Carolina, so....

Vargo fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 9, 2015

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
If you're looking at a roster with DGB, Kendall Wright, Antonio Andrews, Jay Ajayi, Bennett, Miller, and Tamme then I would consider changing my logo to a white flag.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

If you had to pick Spiller or Hightower who would you roll with? I chose Spiller.

Bye bye Sims! You were mediocre but lovable depth the best thing that ever happened to my roster.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

old dog child posted:

If you had to pick Spiller or Hightower who would you roll with? I chose Spiller.

Bye bye Sims! You were mediocre but lovable depth the best thing that ever happened to my roster.

Supposedly* Hightower is the guy to have based on Ingram's role. I grabbed them both.

*Source: Some random NO fan on Reddit.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

old dog child posted:

I'd take Hightower. The fact that he's even in the conversation says a ton about where Spiller is right now. Hightower weighs in more as a Ingram prototype for what it's worth. I think Spiller's inability to seize any sizable role this far into the season despite the substantial investment the Saints made in him is very troubling. Hightower can protect Brees better and slide in with fewer system changes.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

ZIGfried posted:

If you're looking at a roster with DGB, Kendall Wright, Antonio Andrews, Jay Ajayi, Bennett, Miller, and Tamme then I would consider changing my logo to a white flag.

That's kind of how my bench/the waiver looks, I'm actually 1st place in a 12-person league thanks to Broncos D, Brady, Julio, and Hurns. I actually don't even need to win this week because my league is dumb and starts playoffs next week.

This is my starting lineup, I just have little to no depth with my players being banged up and losing all the good waiver ads. (drat you revers standing waivers!)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I am in the enviable position of choosing whether to start Lacy or Hightower for the playoffs! CHAMPIONSHIP

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Alright, thanks dudes. I dropped my Spillers and picked up Hightower in every league. I don't actually need a starter but denial moves are more fun anyway.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Hightower worth dropping Duke Johnson for in standard? Neither should ever see my starting lineup, but Duke's upside seems pretty limited.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Vargo posted:

That's kind of how my bench/the waiver looks, I'm actually 1st place in a 12-person league thanks to Broncos D, Brady, Julio, and Hurns. I actually don't even need to win this week because my league is dumb and starts playoffs next week.

This is my starting lineup, I just have little to no depth with my players being banged up and losing all the good waiver ads. (drat you revers standing waivers!)

My fiance's league is the same way. She's had a bottom 2 pick all season. Her starting lineup is entirely made of people who she drafted and her bench is an abomination. It really quite sucks because the bottom 3 in the league don't really pay attention meaning the playoff hopefuls in 3rd-6th place have their pick of the waiver wire each week and end up with a solid team top to bottom.

quote:

I am in the enviable position of choosing whether to start Lacy or Hightower for the playoffs! CHAMPIONSHIP

I'd probably start Lacy, but then again I started Jeremy Hill for 10 straight weeks and as soon as I benched him he actually started doing things.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Gobias Ind. posted:

Hightower worth dropping Duke Johnson for in standard? Neither should ever see my starting lineup, but Duke's upside seems pretty limited.

FWIW, I just did this earlier having your your exact reasoning.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Boosh! posted:

FWIW, I just did this earlier having your your exact reasoning.

I went through with it too, thanks. :hfive:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't know why you guys are so eager to pick up a guy who hasn't done anything of note since Obama's first term.

It's either an ugly committee or Payton says "gently caress it" and lets Brees funsling the ball 50 times a game. Either way, I'm not touching that backfield even though I own Ingram.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

RCarr posted:

Lacy. Higher upside.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Benne posted:

I don't know why you guys are so eager to pick up a guy who hasn't done anything of note since Obama's first term.

It's either an ugly committee or Payton says "gently caress it" and lets Brees funsling the ball 50 times a game. Either way, I'm not touching that backfield even though I own Ingram.

Blocking the Ingram owner for free.. just in case.

Edit:
I mean I dropped my 5th LB and Robert Turbin (non-McFadden owner and Turbin stunk in his time Monday). I'm not dropping anything useful.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 9, 2015

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Benne posted:

My playoff lineups are set; I have no intention of ever playing him. Worst case scenario he's poo poo and I drop him/he rots on my bench, just like Duke Johnson was doing. Best case scenario he's actually a useful RB2/Flex type and I've prevented the other playoff teams (including the Ingram owner) from grabbing him.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Benne posted:

Because having depth is pointless since bye weeks are done

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Well, it's official: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6471/mark-ingram

quote:

Saints placed RB Mark Ingram (shoulder) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Ingram played through his shoulder issue the last two weeks, but his workloads had been limited. He'll be shut down for the final month, ending his season at 1,174 total yards (4.6 YPC) and six touchdowns in 12 games. The Saints will move forward with a committee of C.J. Spiller and Tim Hightower. Ingram should be fully healthy for the start of OTAs. Dec 9 - 4:56 PM

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So I'm down one Ingram but fortunately for me, someone dropped Darren McFadden so call it a wash

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Lost Charles and Foster and now Ingram. gently caress this season.

I mean I'm still 12-1 going into the playoffs as the 1 seed but goddamn.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
ftfy

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Really glad I dropped Ingram week's ago because I didn't like his matchups anyway

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RBX posted:

Really glad I dropped Ingram week's ago because I didn't like his matchups anyway

Why you gotta troll man

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Why you gotta troll man

Pretty sure he's in a small league and not trolling :)

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I'm carrying two QBs, two TEs, I have a bye this week and I still don't know if I can talk myself into dumping anyone, including my kicker to take a Hightower flyer.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
All the RBs I traded away are dying (CJ2k and Ingram), watch out Chris Ivory!

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011
Losing Ingram puts a dent in my boom/bust team. Picked up Hightower for giggles, guess I'll watch the game and see how he does.

Anyone have tips for kickers or is it basically just roll the dice. I picked up Santos after running with Hauschka all season and he promptly put up 2 points. Hauschka is still available, just grab him again?

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Sheeple posted:

Losing Ingram puts a dent in my boom/bust team. Picked up Hightower for giggles, guess I'll watch the game and see how he does.

Anyone have tips for kickers or is it basically just roll the dice. I picked up Santos after running with Hauschka all season and he promptly put up 2 points. Hauschka is still available, just grab him again?

If the Lions kicker is around still (he's middle of the pack on the whole season's points) the refreshed offense there is making him good all the sudden. Dropped McManus for him.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
With kickers, I really just look for somebody on a solid offense. Sometimes people get too cute and want a guy whose team can only sorta move the ball, going for field goals over extra points. But from what I've seen, sometimes good offenses stall, leaving FGs instead of XPs, but when mediocre offenses stall, you're left with nothing at all. I'd grab Hauschka, simply because Seattle has been looking great on offense of late.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

A team out of playoffs snagged Hightower. I got Spiller. Am I crazy to think Spiller is the guy over someone who has been out of the league effectively for 4 years?

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Lets examine my draft, here:
(4) Jamaal Charles
(28) Mark Ingram
(124) Arian Foster (I was super smug about this when he came back.)

:smithicide:

edit:

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Lost Charles and Foster and now Ingram. gently caress this season.

I mean I'm still 12-1 going into the playoffs as the 1 seed but goddamn.

Sup RB buddy. You drafted better than I did, apparently. I'm 4-9.

MalleusDei fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 10, 2015

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The trick to a good kicker is teams that are bad in the Red Zone. So basically draft the Giants kicker.

It's a total crapshoot and should be eliminated like TEs.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

MalleusDei posted:

Sup RB buddy. You drafted better than I did, apparently. I'm 4-9.

:(:hf::(

I've had a lot of trades swing my way but between Ingram dead and Ivory/Charmander both getting touches poached I might be one-and-done in the playoffs. Again.

At the one point this year (in a 12-team league!) I had Charles, Foster, Ivory, Ingram, Yeldon, and CJ2K. Now Yeldon is my RB2 behind DeAngelo Williams and I'm terrified.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Starting ASJ in all 4 of my leagues this week for the playoffs. 1 catch for -2 yards and a fumble before exiting incoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Welp, lost Bennett and Ingram this week.

That makes 4 lost to me this year due to injuries with Jordy and Lewis.

• Locked thread