Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
So in their nightmare world the holocaust was cut out of history class because it was not PC? How do they even come up with bullshit like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Fathis Munk posted:

So in their nightmare world the holocaust was cut out of history class because it was not PC? How do they even come up with bullshit like that?

The DemonKKKRats are focusing on the Jews being killed over the REAL atrocity committed by the Nazis, gun regulations.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Donald Trump says if he's elected President, he'll ban all cult of death entry into the USA.

Part of me says, "Right the gently caress ON!"

Then the logical side of me says, "How in the hell is that even going to be possible?"

Of course, the left are falling all over themselves crying racism. Yeah, well, religion isn't a race, sooooo...

Here's my problem with the cult of death. As the religion grows, so do the acts of terrorism. The more they infiltrate, the worse it gets. Does anyone remember Bin Laden's promise? He said we'll be destroyed from within.

I get that the left want to believe the best about these evil people. Of course, it's human nature to try to find the good in people, and I'm no different.

I tried, I honestly did. I had neighbors who belonged to the cult of death. I watered their lawn when they went back to Morocco to visit for a month at a time.They brought food over after Ramadan and gifts from Morocco. And when the kids came of age to start their religious studies, I was naturally inquisitive and asked the Mom if she'd teach me about their religion. Her answer gave me chills. She said, "I'm so glad you asked! Now you can live!" I said, "Excuse me?" She said, "You'll understand when I teach you." And teach me, she did. I know more about this cult than I ever cared to know. Their culture itself is incompatible with ours. Women are second class citizens. Men and women retire to different levels of the house after dinner to chat. Women always on a lower level. Women have no say about anything. Ever. I asked if she could watch the kids a few days a week when I worked and she was mortified that I even asked her. She told me all financial transactions must be handled by the men. I couldn't even ask her husband, my husband had to. My husband couldn't go over to get the kids, either, if her husband, father, brother, uncle, etc., weren't home. Grandma spoke only Arabic. Mom spoke Arabic, German, French and English. Smart people. But, SO incredibly archaic. They always had Al Jazeera on in the background...

At any rate, once the oldest boy started his religious studies, he was not allowed to be a friend to my son. Seriously. He didn't have time, they said. And after what I had learned about their religion, I was absolutely chilled to the bone. Their end game is world domination. By any means necessary. The so-called moderates aren't moderates, but cult of death members in waiting. They are simply waiting for their leaders to call them to arms.

The only way this ends for them is if they take over every free country and their caliphate is in place. In other words, it doesn't end until we're all one of them.

So, yeah, I have a problem with the cult of death.That isn't going to change. And if anyone has any sense at all, they'll have a problem with the cult of death, too.

Donald Trump is on the right track... but, he needs to have a PLAN to make it happen. And we certainly haven't seen any plans, yet...

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

This was posted by a gay man.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I am arguing with self proclaimed Christians about helping poor people, and that Jesus wants all Christians to help poor people.

I know that most self proclaimed "Christians" don't read the Bible, but there are like, a trillion loving passages about how poor people are to be loved and helped unconditionally.
:suicide:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

As a self-proclaimed Christian myself, I tell you you'doing God's work.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lottery of Babylon posted:

And when the kids came of age to start their religious studies, I was naturally inquisitive and asked the Mom if she'd teach me about their religion. Her answer gave me chills. She said, "I'm so glad you asked! Now you can live!" I said, "Excuse me?" She said, "You'll understand when I teach you." And teach me, she did. I know more about this cult than I ever cared to know.

I believe every part of this story, but especially that the suburban muslim/terrorist woman was just casually willing to drop the "we were planning on killing you" bomb and then helpfully detail at length (and presumably in multiple sessions) why

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

paradoxGentleman posted:

As a self-proclaimed Christian myself, I tell you you'doing God's work.

Backstory as to why I'm arguing:
Boise tore down a homeless encampment a few days ago and confiscated a bunch of tents and other belongings from the homeless, and no; there was no relocation plan.

I'm not a Christian, but I volunteer at soup kitchens and homeless shelters, and try to do so at least 3 times a month.
A lot of these people are screeching that if the poor really wanted help they would just go to the homeless shelters, all the while ignoring that:
1) Many of the ones i have volunteered at are way way way overcrowded and turn away people all the time.
2) Many of these people are mentally ill, or addicts and cannot afford to get the help they need.
3) Many of the homeless shelters can be dangerous.

It's sickening to me when I see this bullshit.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Start referring to them as goats without explanation.

Although my conservative grandparents were convinced that when the Bible said "all the nations" it meant that each nation was going to be judged, not each person. I'm still not sure how that is supposed to be comforting for people living in a nation that treats the poor, sick, and imprisoned terribly.

Christianity went downhill really quickly, but it pretty much went off a cliff as soon as it became a state religion. Being able to call yourself a christian safely added to the most prolific writer in the Bible saying that your good works don't matter equals a lot of self-satisfied complacent people giving the rest a bad name.

22 Eargesplitten has a new favorite as of 19:01 on Dec 9, 2015

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Start referring to them as goats without explanation.

Although my conservative grandparents were convinced that when the Bible said "all the nations" it meant that each nation was going to be judged, not each person. I'm still not sure how that is supposed to be comforting for people living in a nation that treats the poor, sick, and imprisoned terribly.

I wonder how they define nations.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Smart people. But, SO incredibly archaic. They always had Al Jazeera on in the background...
Conservatives assuming Al Jazeera is some scary Muslim news channel will never get old.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Stuntman posted:

Conservatives assuming Al Jazeera is some scary Muslim news channel will never get old.

Anything that starts with Al can't be trusted. It's why I stopped watching Al Roker.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

RagnarokAngel posted:

Anything that starts with Al can't be trusted. It's why I stopped watching Al Roker.

What about Alan Alda?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RagnarokAngel posted:

I don't think so, Tim.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ratbert90 posted:

I am arguing with self proclaimed Christians about helping poor people, and that Jesus wants all Christians to help poor people.

I know that most self proclaimed "Christians" don't read the Bible, but there are like, a trillion loving passages about how poor people are to be loved and helped unconditionally.

Most Christians regard the Bible like a software agreement. They never read the drat thing, they just scrolled to the end and clicked "I Agree."

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

ratbert90 posted:

Backstory as to why I'm arguing:
Boise tore down a homeless encampment a few days ago and confiscated a bunch of tents and other belongings from the homeless, and no; there was no relocation plan.

I'm not a Christian, but I volunteer at soup kitchens and homeless shelters, and try to do so at least 3 times a month.
A lot of these people are screeching that if the poor really wanted help they would just go to the homeless shelters, all the while ignoring that:
1) Many of the ones i have volunteered at are way way way overcrowded and turn away people all the time.
2) Many of these people are mentally ill, or addicts and cannot afford to get the help they need.
3) Many of the homeless shelters can be dangerous.

It's sickening to me when I see this bullshit.

You're doing your part, and for that, I say great job!

I've given away some toys and stuff for refugee Children, and I see a lot of other folks do the same. But then, here and there, you get the "I'm not a racist BUUUT" sort of guy who wants to know why we don't help poor SWEDISH Children and such. I can't help but wonder how much they themself help out these poor folks.

Any help is better than no help. Don't see why it has to be a competition.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

ratbert90 posted:

Matthew 25: 14-46 is all you need as it quotes Jesus directly. In a nutshell, He says if you dont help your fellow man you will burn in hell, period.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

EZipperelli posted:

Most Christians regard the Bible like a software agreement. They never read the drat thing, they just scrolled to the end and clicked "I Agree."

This is beautiful

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I got an idiot to delete something. Seems like a win.

The post was a picture of a suicide vest with a caption like "Democrats now want to regulate explosives HURR HURR HURR"
Me: So you think explosive arent regulated?
Idiot: no just poking fun at liberals that want to take peoples guns.
Me: Weird I haven't heard anything at all about gun confiscations. My point was about how stupid of a straw-man arguement this is meme is trying to make, giving the aforementioned regulations.

I've also started calling out anyone that posts anything like "shoot a liberal, blah, blah, blah" by saying "Are you advocating for shooting and killing Americans?" Every single one recants immediately. I like to throw in "Hey, you know GW said, 'if you see something, say something'. I'd hate to be the one that saw the signs and didn't alert the authorities"

mds2 has a new favorite as of 21:55 on Dec 9, 2015

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mds2 posted:

I got an idiot to delete something. Seems like a win.

The post was a picture of a suicide vest with a caption like "Democrats now want to regulate explosives HURR HURR HURR"
Me: So you think explosive arent regulated?
Idiot: no just poking fun at liberals that want to take peoples guns.
Me: Weird I haven't heard anything at all about gun confiscations. My point was about how stupid of a straw-man arguement this is meme is trying to make, giving the aforementioned regulations.

I've also started calling out anyone that posts anything like "shoot a liberal, blah, blah, blah" by saying "Are you advocating for shooting and killing Americans?" Every single one recants immediately. I like to throw in "Hey, you know GW said, 'if you see something, say something'. I'd hate to be the one that saw the signs and didn't alert the authorities"
Cool.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Birb Katter posted:

What about Alan Alda?

He took the funny out of Mash and I can't forgive him for that.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

pastor of muppets posted:

His Likes include pages such as "Too Informed to Vote Republican," "Liberal and Proud Of It," "U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders," "Rush Limbaugh," and "Donald J. Trump." :psyduck:

The truth is in the middle vote Ron Paul Bernie sanders 2016

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

EZipperelli posted:

Sorry for a low content post, but I think this is now my all-time favorite analogy

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

spog posted:

Not only that, they're using a loving Uwe Boll film to illustrate it.

Watching a uwe boll film is just as bad as genocide tho

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.facebook.com/topic/Street-Fighter-V/108587609173529?source=whrt&position=4&trqid=6226418084412581944

I'm not going to bother taking a bunch of screenshots; Capcom altered the shot of a new Street Fighter character slapping her rear end before doing a super move. They did this of their own volition before the game is even done because they want to sell more copies of the game by not making people uncomfortable. Predictably, nerds are tearing their hair out to blame SJWs.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

The chances of that kind of Muslim family moving in next door are about the same as a Mormon and his five wives moving in next door.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://www.facebook.com/topic/Street-Fighter-V/108587609173529?source=whrt&position=4&trqid=6226418084412581944

I'm not going to bother taking a bunch of screenshots; Capcom altered the shot of a new Street Fighter character slapping her rear end before doing a super move. They did this of their own volition before the game is even done because they want to sell more copies of the game by not making people uncomfortable. Predictably, nerds are tearing their hair out to blame SJWs.

It's ok to have nothing but senseless violence but can't have a woman slap her own rear end

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

BobbyK posted:

This is beautiful

It's called a EULA Christian.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

oldpainless posted:

It's ok to have nothing but senseless violence but can't have a woman slap her own rear end

The character's bare rear end and exposed abs and breasts surely aren't a problem either!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

oldpainless posted:

It's Street Fighter, though. Do the characters even show battle damage?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The character's bare rear end and exposed abs and breasts surely aren't a problem either!

The whole drat thing is problematic, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbDSvRMc9rQ

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Capcom's treatment of Rainbow Mika is a slap in the face of all gamers and a reminder their company panders to casuals and worse trash

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

It's Street Fighter, though. Do the characters even show battle damage?

The whole drat thing is problematic, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbDSvRMc9rQ

What in the god drat gently caress Capcom? What is this poo poo?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

Look like a proud woman confident of her body and fighting ability.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ratbert90 posted:

I'm going to play the devil's advocate here and point out that the thing at the end with the rear end to the face is at least a real move in women's wrestling

oldpainless posted:

Look like a proud woman confident of her body and fighting ability.

Ah yes, the Powergirl defense.

e: ""I wear this comically oversexualized costume because I'm empowered" - a woman" - a man

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

NotAnArtist posted:

Capcom's treatment of Rainbow Mika is a slap in the face of all gamers and a reminder their company panders to casuals and worse trash

I can guarantee that any competitive players who give two shits about this are about as far from high level as a player can be while still being considered "competitive".

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I mean; even Mortal loving Kombat stopped with the super over-sexualized costumes in X.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Plom Bar posted:

I can guarantee that any competitive players who give two shits about this are about as far from high level as a player can be while still being considered "competitive".

Competitive gaming is worse than Daesh.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Wanamingo posted:

Ah yes, the Powergirl defense.

""I wear this comically oversexualized costume because I'm empowered" - a woman" - a man

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

ratbert90 posted:

Her tits have to be so loving sore after that all that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

how am I supposed to play a game if it's not giving me a boner at all times? HOW???