Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Are you bringing someone whose butt you can finger blast, or do you plan on meeting someone there? Also, be sure to make clear whether you want butt stuff or a handy j. Don't want that misunderstanding working itself out in the stands during a key 3rd down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

BabeLiker90 posted:

It should be telling that non-pats fans believe this hth

Maybe, especially that they started watching football in 2000 and value the "rings" measure

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ross Angeles posted:

Here are the players on the Chargers defense who should be back in 2016:

Eric Weddle
Darrell Stuckey
Denzel Perryman
Jason Verrett
Corey Liuget

Cut everyone else

How has Corey Liuget looked this season after getting his deal?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Now you're bending the narrative taste, please defend your subpar team in good faith

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I have a perverse desire to see Josh McDaniels get control of another NFL team.

It's going to happen, and it'll probably be horrible.

But he's also a great offensive coordinator, maybe, maybe it somehow works?

some_weird_kid
Mar 16, 2004

My popcorn is cautiously and provisionally RDY

JRizzle posted:

gotta learn to finger some butts and body slam people through tables

swickles posted:

Are you bringing someone whose butt you can finger blast, or do you plan on meeting someone there? Also, be sure to make clear whether you want butt stuff or a handy j. Don't want that misunderstanding working itself out in the stands during a key 3rd down.

Having not kept up with the thread recently, I have no idea what this is referencing. I'm going to choose to believe that it's apropos of nothing and you guys are just providing helpful tips that would be relevant for a first time in any NFL city.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
The cardinals need to air it out early against poor Minnesota's scrub safeties. If get a couple early scores, Norv will neutralize his own offense and stop rushing AP

Edit: ^nope, buffalo is the buttblasting capital of the NFL, with Detroit right behind

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

some_weird_kid posted:

Having not kept up with the thread recently, I have no idea what this is referencing. I'm going to choose to believe that it's apropos of nothing and you guys are just providing helpful tips that would be relevant for a first time in any NFL city.

All you need to know is the portal to the sixth dimension has to be located under Niagara Falls.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

some_weird_kid posted:

Just search Deadspin for Buffalo and be introduced to a world of debauchery akin to a city performing a stage play of Caligula.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

It will be the Browns

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

bigmcgaffney posted:

The cardinals need to air it out early against poor Minnesota's scrub safeties. If get a couple early scores, Norv will neutralize his own offense and stop rushing AP

This is exactly what is going to happen and my liver isn't prepared

some_weird_kid
Mar 16, 2004

My popcorn is cautiously and provisionally RDY

Kalli posted:

Just search Deadspin for Buffalo and be introduced to a world of debauchery akin to a city performing a stage play of Caligula.

Having now added "buffalo fingerblast" to my Google search history, I am up to speed. I had intended to wear some warm gloves, but it looks the standard approach is to bury a finger or two in each of your neighboring patrons' b-hole instead. I was about to look like some clueless tourist, so I appreciate you guys with the inside tip!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Pacman made sure to play against the Rams and Browns so that he could mess up his foot more and miss the Steelers.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Elephanthead posted:

Wait didn't Clausen already get destroyed by the Seahawks once this year? Is the line going to move to plus 50?

Yes, as others pointed out. The Bears had 10 drives.

They punted 10 times.

So basically:

Intruder posted:

*bets mortgage on Seahawks to cover*

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14330258

Herm Edwards doesn't like LeSean McCoy talking poo poo about Chip

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

MrLogan posted:

Like someone who's been deserving it, unlike anyone else not on that list.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

BabeLiker90 posted:

Now you're bending the narrative taste, please defend your subpar team in good faith

BabeLiker90 posted:

Bill Belicheck is the only person to do that effectively.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Manoueverable posted:

N: Darrell Bevell is "not available" to be BYU's coach

V: God dammit :sigh:

Yaaay!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

He is taking over for Bill

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Tremendous Taste posted:

Maybe, especially that they started watching football in 2000 and value the "rings" measure

i was under 6 years old in 2000 and so i definitely reserve my right to not have given a poo poo about any sports by that year thank you very much

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Brannock posted:

Yes but what does Ja Rule think?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Effectively means "still good after two years of running it"

Kelly fails that test so far but if you think Buffalo's offensive woes are solved going forward, lol at you

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

WHOOPS posted:

Yes but what does Ja Rule think?

for science I tweeted this important question to Ja Rule

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
I have this vision of AP running through the line, dragging Mathieu and Peterson on each ankle and still taking it to the house. :ohdear:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

BabeLiker90 posted:

Effectively means "still good after two years of running it"

Kelly fails that test so far but if you think Buffalo's offensive woes are solved going forward, lol at you

That's just historically ignorant smh

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/videos/videos/Press-Pass-Chip-Kelly/d38be957-d4f5-4e77-91c6-ec7c44f72749

I hope Chip Kelly coaches for a long time. His disgust with the Philly media is unbelievable.

At 4 minutes in he gets annoyed they're interrupting him before he's done and walks out from behind the podium and asks the reporter if he wants to get up there and talk.

Oh also, turns out DeMarco Murray was just sitting next to Jeff Lurie on the plane and was talking about his usage in the offense. It was in full earshot of the entire team and no one had a problem with it. Once again the Philly media just can't have a happy week and has to go trying to drag the team down. :sigh:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MrLogan posted:

Pretty good. He's just the only person in the front seven that the opposing offensive line has to worry about

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

some_weird_kid posted:

I know there was a(n only vaguely successful) thread on this topic a couple of years ago, but I wonder where I can get pro tips for my first time attending a game in a city. In this case, I'm going to the Bills/Cowboys game in Buffalo on December 27th, and I'm looking to have a fun time beyond just attending the game and freezing my butt off. My friend and I are driving up from elsewhere in upstate NY (about 2.75 hours away) and will likely plan to make the drive home that evening, though it's possible we could stay the night if it facilitates any particularly fun eating/drinking activities.

My specific questions are as follows:
1) What's the best way for two out-of-towners to have fun before a 1pm game? I've tailgated before (my friend never has!) and had a fun time but only at a home game with a big group of friends. Is there a place where two random guys can find some tailgate food and beer, preferably in the great frozen outdoors, without just wandering up to strangers and grabbing something off the grill? Alternate would be a good, close bar with a fun pre-game atmosphere.
2) Do I need to do more planning for parking beyond just plugging the stadium into my GPS and picking a random "Park here $20" sign to turn in front of when we start to get close? Any good tips or places to definitely avoid?
3) Any tips for awesome local food and/or beer to sample either before or after? The game is likely to be pretty crummy, so we want to make the most out of the day since we're making the drive up.

More than anything, I'm just hoping to have a good time, so any random tips would be much appreciated.

Duffs not Anchor Bar. There are multiple different Duffs and all are different quality. Duffs on Sheridan >>>> Duffs Depew > Duffs Niagara >>>>>> Duffs Orchard Park (which is right by the stadium)

If you arent shy, the best tailgate experience you will have as an out of towner is to show up with a cold 18 pack (you are Upstate so you know everyone will at least tolerate Blue Light), and or a small bottle of liquor and walk around chatting with people. Exchange beer and/or shots for food. Tell people you are from out of town and ask if you can swap your beers out with theirs for some colder ones, and don't stay around any group of people longer than 20 minutes or you will overstay your welcome.

I don't know about how the pregame atmosphere is, but Buffalo's Best on southwestern blvd is a slightly long walk to the stadium and their food is really good.

The othet guy can tell you better about where to park, I usually go to one of the bars and watch the afternoon games until after halftime before having someone come pick us up.

Also, I'm late to country chat, but I thought Poland had an actual Professional American Football league, and that the country is gaga over football?

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
N: Schefter says Raiders extended Crabtree.
V: How much?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Brannock posted:

so who called out the herminator on being a terrible coach to make him so touchy about this

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Nawid posted:

N: Schefter says Raiders extended Crabtree.
V: How much?

All you can eat wings at any Hooters nationwide and a lifetime supply of hand-warmer fanny packs.

Mark Davis has connections.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

JPrime posted:

I have this vision of AP running through the line, dragging Mathieu and Peterson on each ankle and still taking it to the house. :ohdear:

I hope not. I'm going to the game and the last time I saw Vikes/Cards in '08, AP destroyed us with 165 yds and Tavaris Jackson had 4 TDs.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

@RapSheet: The #Raiders and WR Michael Crabtree have agreed to terms on a 4-year extension worth $35M, source said. He gets nearly $19M guaranteed.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

JPrime posted:

It would be the Vikings only TD on the day, and the cardinals would still win 49-7

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

No Butt Stuff posted:

@RapSheet: The #Raiders and WR Michael Crabtree have agreed to terms on a 4-year extension worth $35M, source said. He gets nearly $19M guaranteed.

Good. I hope he gouges them! Staying in Oakland for anything less isn't worth the stress and self-loathing!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Parmesan Basil posted:

Good. I hope he gouges them! Staying in Oakland for anything less isn't worth the stress and self-loathing!

Its not like they're be in Oakland for long :laugh:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

No Butt Stuff posted:

...:Jesus :stare:

He's good, but that is a LOT of money.

The Glumslinger posted:

:smith:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

What is Emmanuel Sanders making this year?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Glumslinger posted:

of the three teams, the Raiders are most likely to get left out of LA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

No Butt Stuff posted:

Nice to see Crabs get the big paycheck from the Raiders he's always wanted. :laugh:

• Locked thread