Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

She Bangs the Drums posted:

No idea. Just a heads up
Alienware is loving trash, like all "Gamer" brands marketed at suckers.

Kinda hope tripwire is at least getting something else out of this deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
http://www.twitch.tv/Alienware

showing the mask

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Payday crossover confirmed: both of them have Alienware tie-ins :laugh:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
tripwire should call up fatshark and get us a vermintide crossover tbh

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I hope jorts are a cosmetic item

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

Payday crossover confirmed: both of them have Alienware tie-ins :laugh:

uh excuse me we already got the payday crossover with microtransactions :spergin:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

uh excuse me we already got the payday crossover with microtransactions :spergin:

fffffffffffffffffffuck :golfclap:

maximum own delivered on target

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Inside Out Mom posted:

I hope jorts are a cosmetic item

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

these people in the stream are not very good but it's hilarious to watch

They got Patriarch though which is bullshit, they should've gotten Hans every wave

shoutout to my fellow stream-watcher in chat tho

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Psion posted:

They got Patriarch though which is bullshit, they should've gotten Hans every wave

O hey they got Farmhouse, I hope they crash, this would be hillarous.
Shame that the chat is shat up by that dumb bot games, cause I would like the TWI guys to answer some of the questions that pop up.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Psion posted:

the girl is bad
she had magnum and didnt use it against Pat.

I am pluviphil3 in stream

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Kikas posted:

O hey they got Farmhouse, I hope they crash, this would be hillarous.
Shame that the chat is shat up by that dumb bot games, cause I would like the TWI guys to answer some of the questions that pop up.

:lol: if there is any justice in the world

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

the girl is bad
she had magnum and didnt use it against Pat.

I am pluviphil3 in stream

I like the TWI guy dropping up really obvious hints. Like "melee bash the siren to stop her screaming" "double tap F for flashlight on classes with night vision". It speaks volumes that this game needs some sort of a tutorial or and in-game info database.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Kikas posted:

I like the TWI guy dropping up really obvious hints. Like "melee bash the siren to stop her screaming" "double tap F for flashlight on classes with night vision". It speaks volumes that this game needs some sort of a tutorial or and in-game info database.

hey I did learn that Commando's spot-cloaked-enemies skill procs on Patriarch. That's pretty good to know!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Psion posted:

hey I did learn that Commando's spot-cloaked-enemies skill procs on Patriarch. That's pretty good to know!

Oh yeah this is a great reason to roll Call-out instead of Leadership. Especially till they fix the latter.

EDIT: Yay they read my question about music packs as cosmetic items but answered it with "well can't talk about that yet". That's bittersweet.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 10, 2015

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Kikas posted:

I didn't know either of those things :xd:
I am bad at this game

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh crap.
So apparently - if Hans starts bullrushing someone, ANOTHER player needs to get between Hans and his target and just smack Hans in the face to stop that.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah I don't see that idea scaling on all difficulties considering, but we'll probably test it whether we want to or not haha :shrug:

if there was a weapon-based way to interrupt Hans this would be nice. Having to get close to a guy who can two-hit you in as many seconds isn't a level of risk:reward that's acceptable outside a LAN - latency alone makes that a nonstarter.

btw here's the mask. It's like a bobblehead mask.

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 10, 2015

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Kikas posted:

Oh crap.
So apparently - if Hans starts bullrushing someone, ANOTHER player needs to get between Hans and his target and just smack Hans in the face to stop that.

I think that just switches aggro. So the slapper gets hosed

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
e: double post

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 10, 2015

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

right now the only viable tactic to kill Hans is for him to kill himself

glad to see you got your twirl down.

I think that's the twirl you get whenever you switch to a revolver (maybe you need Quick Draw?), which is pretty great. Reload twirling with the advanced reload perk is also fantastic, and you get it every time your reload instead of only when your clip is empty like with the other pistols.

Kikas posted:

Oh yeah this is a great reason to roll Call-out instead of Leadership. Especially till they fix the latter.

EDIT: Yay they read my question about music packs as cosmetic items but answered it with "well can't talk about that yet". That's bittersweet.

If they got a Simon Viklund music pack it might get me to turn off foobar for a while.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Psion posted:

Just like real alienware merchandise, it's 3x as big as it needs to be and is hideously ugly, what a surprise

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

If they got a Simon Viklund music pack it might get me to turn off foobar for a while.

I've been using this: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=108534 It has Breath of Death on it, so that's something. It's a pretty good music choice, basically all the good tracks from both the Hotline Miami games with some nice addiditons to it. I think I've seen a Payday 2 music mod somewhere, but can't find it right now, maybe the maker pulled it from the forums.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Psion posted:

Yeah I don't see that idea scaling on all difficulties considering, but we'll probably test it whether we want to or not haha :shrug:

if there was a weapon-based way to interrupt Hans this would be nice. Having to get close to a guy who can two-hit you in as many seconds isn't a level of risk:reward that's acceptable outside a LAN - latency alone makes that a nonstarter.

Hey I suggested this, make him weak to stumbling so Commando, Gunslinger and Support can neatly knock him out of bullrushing :(

Must gotten lost in my rambling.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

FaustianQ posted:

Hey I suggested this, make him weak to stumbling so Commando, Gunslinger and Support can neatly knock him out of bullrushing :(

Must gotten lost in my rambling.

no I saw the post, I agree

like I feel like fixing hans is a two-step process: fix his damage output and fix how players can interrupt him. If he's going to be the nonstop onslaught boss, a team needs a reliable way to stagger him out of his attacks.

e: on difficulties above normal, at least. Hans is so hilarious unaggressive in this stream

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 10, 2015

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Psion posted:

no I saw the post, I agree

like I feel like fixing hans is a two-step process: fix his damage output and fix how players can interrupt him. If he's going to be the nonstop onslaught characters, a team needs a reliable way to stagger him out of his attacks.

He does need a fix really badly, but I gotta say that's it's pretty loving funny people would rather fight the giant zombie guy with mini-gun/rocket launcher arms, than the little nazi with needles for hands.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Brainamp posted:

He does need a fix really badly, but I gotta say that's it's pretty loving funny people would rather fight the giant zombie guy with mini-gun/rocket launcher arms, than the little nazi with needles for hands.

I imagine the pat might get buffed a bit, I mean right now 6 man Hoe Hans has more health than the patriarch, that seems a bit off.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Psion posted:

I don't know why, but I have a hard time with trying to shoot at zeds infront of teammates. Like, trying to shoot a clot's or gorefast's head above someone's shoulder is nearly impossible. The bullet just kind of disappears when it gets near a player. I wish sometimes for a option to turn off bullet collision on players, but realize how that could be seriously exploitable.

edit: the point is I'm gonna hate trying to cover anyone who has this.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

How soon until I can get my Doritos bag mask?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Broose posted:

edit: the point is I'm gonna hate trying to cover anyone who has this.

pretty sure nobody from SA won a code tonight so you're safe... for now

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Whelllp, that was a waste of two hours of my time.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Has anyone mentioned that .500 Magnum is hosed and actually worse then the DEagle in every way shape and form (other then Revolver Twirling, of course)?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Has anyone mentioned that .500 Magnum is hosed and actually worse then the DEagle in every way shape and form (other then Revolver Twirling, of course)?

[citation needed]

the stat bars, which NEVER lie, clearly show the 500 as bigger than the deagle, therefore

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Psion posted:

[citation needed]

the stat bars, which NEVER lie, clearly show the 500 as bigger than the deagle, therefore

https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/3vw1fh/the_500_magnum_has_severe_damage_dropoff_at/

For some reason there's massive falloff damage, when there's no other pistol (or non-shotgun actually) has falloff damage at all.

edit: oh there was another hotfix? Well it probably did. Probably. Hopefully.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 10, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

didn't the hotfix address that?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Ruggington posted:

didn't the hotfix address that?

I would actually like to know the answer to this.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/3vw1fh/the_500_magnum_has_severe_damage_dropoff_at/

For some reason there's massive falloff damage, when there's no other pistol (or non-shotgun actually) has falloff damage at all.

edit: oh there was another hotfix? Well it probably did. Probably. Hopefully.

Huh did not know this, and if the patch applied it to all the Gunslingers weapons, then I guess that gives Sharps breathing room.

Also, if shotgun damage type, does this mean support gets damage bonuses?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Just like real alienware merchandise, it's 3x as big as it needs to be and is hideously ugly, what a surprise

As someone who's owned Alienware, the problem is is that their stuff is often too small. I couldn't upgrade my video card in one, because it could only fit a GTX 660 and nothing bigger. Definitely confirmed as ugly, though.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

FaustianQ posted:

Huh did not know this, and if the patch applied it to all the Gunslingers weapons, then I guess that gives Sharps breathing room.

Also, if shotgun damage type, does this mean support gets damage bonuses?

It was just the .500. No other pistol has any kind of falloff, not even the 9mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Jesus
watching a dumb person play KF2 as a Gunslinger but only using single guns and constantly firing downsights was not worth not winning a goddamn stupid mask.