Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

psydude posted:

God drat it Mike-o, this is the Army thread. We do embarrassing poo poo on the weekends and then promptly forget about it on Monday morning. You are no exception.

Glad your good though.

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

psydude posted:

We do embarrassing poo poo on the weekends and then promptly forget about it on Monday morning.

I do embarrassing poo poo during the week and try to forget about it on the weekends.

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's

Mike-o posted:

I went to a fake bavarian town

Are you near Spokane?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Nah, Olympia. Went to Leavenworth for the first time.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mike-o posted:

Nah, Olympia. Went to Leavenworth for the first time.

I'm near Olympia too. PM me if you ever need to talk or whatever, and we can grab a beer or play video games.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Leavenworth owns bones and I wish we could get their beer on the east coast.

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Haven't been on here in a few months but I start terminal leave next Thursday! The Army can then officially suck my dick from the back.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

stevenolson88 posted:

Haven't been on here in a few months but I start terminal leave next Thursday! The Army can then officially suck my dick from the back.

nice

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Spokane is a terrible place for garbage people, but Leavenworth is pretty cool

Also glad to hear that you're doing okay, Mike-O :unsmith:
The forums are surprisingly forgiving. I had a wicked meltdown here probably 5 years ago which lost me a shot at a cool job, and nobody has ever brought it up. Kinda :coal: actually

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
just lol if you arent a veteran who gets drunk and freaks out every once in awhile

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
After pushing my vulnerable, raw body through the razorwire shithole that is my orderly room, battalion S1, and Brigade s1 and twice daily phonecalls to HRC and USAEUR, my early separation for employment at a grand total of six months shaved off my ETS has been approved. My freedom is only four months away, six years later.

Ptolemaeus fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 10, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Small victories are still victories.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Also in Washington, but currently staying with my parents for the holidays in the San Juans. Afterwards I'll be in Skagit County.

Agenta Khaulan
Oct 12, 2014
Is it just me or when you get your DD 214 its a downward spiral of doing everything you couldn't in the military? "Oh its 7 am....no pt and getting a beer now...oh and I won't shave for 6 months now I think...

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I haven't shaved in 652 days. :feelsgood:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's like the stages of grief.

First, you grow a beard.
Then, you become an alcoholic.
After that, your crippling PTSD and/or other deep rooted psychological issues need to be addressed. This is around the stage you're probably getting divorced.
Then you become a semi-useful member of society, get help for things, meet new people, go to school and not get kicked out of places.
<a few years pass>
Then you become a fully useful member of society, and you are finally out of the military.

Agenta Khaulan
Oct 12, 2014
Um I think I skipped a few steps somewhere..........do you wanna talk about it? The divorce I mean?

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

Agenta Khaulan posted:

Um I think I skipped a few steps somewhere..........do you wanna talk about it? The divorce I mean?

Pity the fool that can't grow a beard and calls a mimosa a drink.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
The army subreddit really blows my mind. Where do they find all these kool-aid drinking assholes?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
In the army.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I doubt any of them are out.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Mike-o posted:

I doubt any of them are out.

I said joining the army was a poor life decision and a guy countered with, "no its not, i went to college first and then enlisted."

Okay buddy.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Obstacle2 posted:

I said joining the army was a poor life decision and a guy countered with, "no its not, i went to college first and then enlisted."

Okay buddy.

Sounds like that person is perfect for the army so good for him and good for the army imo :)

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
God drat I decided to browse it. Who the gently caress posts gay poo poo like "is anyone else really bothered when people disregard the regs for the hand salute?"

I can picture this person as one of the many shitheads I knew that had no defining aspects to their life other than deepthroating the green weenie.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Mike-o posted:

God drat I decided to browse it. Who the gently caress posts gay poo poo like "is anyone else really bothered when people disregard the regs for the hand salute?"

Disgusting

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Part of me wants to believe it's an entire forum of people posting ironically.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

psydude posted:

Part of me wants to believe it's an entire forum of people posting ironically.

That's ako

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
ako has a forum?

i haven't been on ako in over a year, is it still terri-hahahahahaha of course its still terrible.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cole posted:

ako has a forum?

i haven't been on ako in over a year, is it still terri-hahahahahaha of course its still terrible.

Yes. That was my only entertainment in Iraq for months. Because "only government websites blah blah cyber terrorism blah blah"

And of course it's terrible, as is the OS all the computers have to be imaged to. It will always be terrible.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
someone take a screenshot of the ako forum if it doesn't violate opsec.

i don't believe you. i would've loved to have read that poo poo while i was in.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm bored enough and stuck at work doing nothing, so I'll see if I can find these forums. I've never seen them before, either.

[edit] Okay, gently caress this. Finding anything on AKO is an exercise in futility. I'm going back to reading these forums instead.

Aranan fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 11, 2015

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'll take one tomorrow, I don't have a cac reader at home because I'm not a human being, in the 90s sense of the word.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Soulex posted:

I'll take one tomorrow, I don't have a cac reader at home because I'm not a human being, in the 90s sense of the word.

You don't remember your 17 character password with two forms of punctuation, two capital letters and two numbers? You probably JUST changed your password in the last few weeks!

Shameful.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
^^Edit^^ AKO tells me when I log in that my password expired in November 2014. Never update it if I never use it!

Soulex posted:

I only have one because, in AIT, one of my instructors pulled out a stack of keyboards with smartcard slots. He gave everyone in my class one and told us that if anyone asked, we "found them on the side of the road."

So, uh, I guess I mean I found a CAC keyboard on the side of the road.

I still never use it, though. gently caress checking my low-side email or anything Army related at home.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cole posted:

You don't remember your 17 character password with two forms of punctuation, two capital letters and two numbers? You probably JUST changed your password in the last few weeks!

Shameful.

I knew someone that changed his password ten times in a row every single time because he wanted to use the same password again.

He's a warrant now.

Aranan posted:

^^Edit^^ AKO tells me when I log in that my password expired in November 2014. Never update it if I never use it!

I only have one because, in AIT, one of my instructors pulled out a stack of keyboards with smartcard slots. He gave everyone in my class one and told us that if anyone asked, we "found them on the side of the road."

So, uh, I guess I mean I found a CAC keyboard on the side of the road.

I still never use it, though. gently caress checking my low-side email or anything Army related at home.

Some of the best stuff is found on the side of the road. I got a promask off the Graf-Vilseck tank trail. My NCO buddy found an IBA. Soldiers are dumb and lose poo poo, but I get your meaning. I've been friends with supply and had poo poo "fall off a truck"

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
The only stuff I've "found" so far consists of that keyboard, a grenade pouch (that I literally found in my ruck after JRTC), and a canteen. Hooray?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm sorry for your loss.

Make better friends I guess? I made out better and I literally don't have any friends.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
I "found" two BlackHawk STOMP II aid bags and an M9 aid bag all fully stocked, almost a full box of PMAGs, a $200 stethoscope, a MK19 ammo can full of IV fluids, and enough other poo poo to fill up a small toughbox. This is what happens when a PV2 is the only one in the aid station that knows how to order, organize, and inventory supply poo poo.

I still regret not swiping an EZ-IO drill for the gently caress of it.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Cole posted:

Shameful.

We had to jump through all these goddamn hoops and it turns out those same passwords are probably stored in plaintext on a Chinese-maintained server along with our history of extramarital affairs and debt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
Nm

• Locked thread