Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.

ilifinicus posted:

DGKK embracing the drink fist dream of being le trole goone

this seems like a very sweeping generalization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm glad we can't discuss DPS meters in game without the risk of getting reported, otherwise I'd be able to tell this idiot ninja who doesn't understand basic math that death blossom isn't a waste of TP.

Parsers wouldn't solve this? If he's too stupid to understand that 100 potency x 3+ targets is greater than his normal combos then he isn't going to take whatever parse you throw at him at face value and can just as easily dismiss it as, "I would be doing even less with death blossom." Or maybe, "drat, they need to nerf <class of party member doing good damage> they are op!"

The weirdest thing about strawberry panties is the insane amount of money they have spent on fantasias.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
*slowly gazes around the room before finally stopping on doublestep*

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Velthice posted:

*slowly gazes around the room before finally stopping on doublestep*

how can you tell it's him

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

double post {please forgive me}

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I had a level 18 marauder using level 5 gear (all non tank gear mind you) in a LDR for Sash. I figured he was new and didnt understand the importance of gear but then I saw he had GLD at 60. I was running DRG, and the other DPS was a BLM so we kept stealing aggro. The poor healer had never run a dungeon before and occasionally got aggro and ran away making them lose line of sight causing our lovely tank to die.

I know Sash doesn't need a tank but jesus christ don't make it hell for the rest of us.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

how can you tell it's him

exactly, he looks different every time i look

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:thejoke:

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
goons don't make jokes

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The Chairman posted:

Don't stalk people, cripes. One of the very few people I've had to kick out of PBC was kicked out for stalking. Don't join them.

How about parking my fat chocobo on top of her so he can't see his slut glamoured character? Or are FFXIV goons outside the bubble of the goon mantra "if you're not a goon I'm going to ruin your fun in <insert whatever game here>"?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Wow, sick grief bro. Epic win!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Belzac posted:

Wow, sick grief bro. Epic win!

Doin it 4 the lulz

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

How about parking my fat chocobo on top of her so he can't see his slut glamoured character? Or are FFXIV goons outside the bubble of the goon mantra "if you're not a goon I'm going to ruin your fun in <insert whatever game here>"?

I would hope so because le epic goon troll is some tired poo poo done by entirely horrid people who play eve online and/or lovely chinese f2p mmos.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
eve goons are the worst goons who exist only to be made fun of. don't be an eve goon

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
make a post in any topic in any other forum, and preface it with "as someone who's an avid player of eve online and thus has the best grasp of goon culture," and report back to me how that goes for you

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
If you have eve in a post three times in a row you summon doublestep, watch out.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Not just eve goons who do it. WoW goons do it. STO goons do it. Eve goons just take it to the extreme.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Holyshoot posted:

Or are FFXIV goons outside the bubble of the goon mantra "if you're not a goon I'm going to ruin your fun in <insert whatever game here>"?

Yes, because while those guilds that follow the Reddit Mantra can have a lot of fun people in them they tend to attract the obnoxious shitbird goons, of which there are many.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Whizbang posted:

You're weirder than the FC's actual pedophile, good job.

Tell me more about how annoying pubs like goons do in every other game is worse than pedophilia.

Holyshoot posted:

Not just eve goons who do it. WoW goons do it. STO goons do it. Eve goons just take it to the extreme.

If only this game had an AoE dance item like WoW and STO had.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Epic loving pubbie tears ftw!!!

Mmm om om <- me drinking the tears of pubbies lol

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Unguided posted:

Tell me more about how annoying pubs like goons do in every other game is worse than pedophilia.

You're stalking actual people. There's a person behind Strawberry Panties. KaneTW at least has the decency to take out his disgusting urges on fictional little girls.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
how dare you try and defile the "true goon" culture you... you... GOONFUCKER!!!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Is the new patch on Tuesday?

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008
As someone who glamours a slutty cat I sympathize with this strawberry panties person.

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.
I sincerely doubt anyone would give a poo poo if Unguided actually made a funny post. It's not like goons don't troll people in this game; we don't go bragging about how awesome it was to gently caress over that pub either, especially when it was followed up by some hilariously bad burns on a GM.

This is a loving comedy site, if you're gonna brag about how stupid you are people will make fun of you and that shouldn't be surprising.

Mordiceius posted:

Is the new patch on Tuesday?

The new patch is 45+ days after you last logged out, please stay away and let your lovely house expire so someone who actually cares can use it.

Stop loving asking you prick, are you seriously telling me you're so incompetent with google that over the past 6 days you haven't found an answer?

Oneavi fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 10, 2015

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
this thread got really loving stupid and unfunny. post pictures of your highlanders and roes. no fleabags and leprosy people allowed

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
The only funny "trolling" that has ever taken place in this game was when ilifinicus and KaneTW teamed up and figured out hunts before anyone in the world and we "stole" all the hunts for a couple days. This time was the golden age of XIV trolling. There will never be another time like it.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

armoredgorilla posted:

If its low enough to matter, I usually just say "these aren't dying fast enough" and give an idea of how they can increase their dps by saying "didn't see a lot of blahblah ability effects going off, should try getting those in"

If you're CONSTRUCTIVE with your advice and not just "stop being poo poo dps", they usually don't get mad and are happy for the help.

Yeah, I also just don't know what any other DPS class's abilities look like. SMN is pretty easy, just look for dots and Ruin, but I have no clue about the melee DPSes.

also yeah if you're going to 'troll' people don't post a screenshot of you trying to insult the GM like a whiny baby

vOv fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 10, 2015

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Velthice posted:

this thread got really loving stupid and unfunny. post pictures of your highlanders and roes. no fleabags and leprosy people allowed

Hottublander

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Belzac posted:

The only funny "trolling" that has ever taken place in this game was when ilifinicus and KaneTW teamed up and figured out hunts before anyone in the world and we "stole" all the hunts for a couple days. This time was the golden age of XIV trolling. There will never be another time like it.

Goad night sweet prince.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

vOv posted:

Yeah, I also just don't know what any other DPS class's abilities look like. SMN is pretty easy, just look for dots and Ruin, but I have no clue about the melee DPSes.

also yeah if you're going to 'troll' people don't post a screenshot of you trying to insult the GM like a whiny baby

You don't actually HAVE to know, just have ACT running so you can see what they're not doing. That's how you tell them and not give away that you're using ACT.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Sometimes it's easy to spot too. Look to see if dots/buffs for a class are up. It doesn't take much to recognize skills and patterns based on that alone. Every job has their own buffs/dots/debuffs they should have up 100% and you can see if they don't. Also you can see some things like a dragoon that does nothing but full thrust over and over.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Velthice posted:

Okay.

Wonder Turbine fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 10, 2015

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

What's the hairpiece?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Here's something stupid to talk about instead of what we were talking about before:

I started leveling a BLM because I have a mental illness and can't stop leveling alts. Are Blizzard 2 and Freeze abilities that you'll ever want to actually use, either at some point during the leveling process or at max level, or can I safely shuffle them off to the buttons on my hotbar that are hard to reach?

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Velthice posted:

OK

New Ninja glamour, was glad to see the Thavnairian Bolero dyes so well.

The new sitting poses are good.

Me running away from this thread :v:

Ainsley McTree posted:

Here's something stupid to talk about instead of what we were talking about before:

I started leveling a BLM because I have a mental illness and can't stop leveling alts. Are Blizzard 2 and Freeze abilities that you'll ever want to actually use, either at some point during the leveling process or at max level, or can I safely shuffle them off to the buttons on my hotbar that are hard to reach?

No. Get them off your bars.

Veks fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 10, 2015

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

STAAAAAALLLLLKKKKKEEEERRRR!!! DDD:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Ainsley McTree posted:

They are nice to use when grinding FATEs in N.Than while waiting for dungeons. Otherwise, no.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Prism posted:

What's the hairpiece?

Hmmm let me check.

Looks to be a Platinum Circlet of Healing.

Velthice posted:

STAAAAAALLLLLKKKKKEEEERRRR!!! DDD:

Please don't report me :gonk:

Wonder Turbine fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Velthice posted:

this thread got really loving stupid and unfunny. post pictures of your highlanders and roes talls and smalls

• Locked thread