Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

sterster posted:

I've got 1 Regal I can let go of. I've got plenty of BCBW & BCBS. I'd be looking for stuff off of this list. Anything that is marked X or C we are not in search of.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iDfncSOI0dMeCmvHap6h0sTjoAWNzqOxAByDjLJSbiA/edit#gid=

I unfortunately have nothing you're looking for currently. You already crossed off all the easy stuff :P.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

ISO: Bourbon GBS. Just saw in the regular beer thread that it's being released soon and limits are higher than usual.

FT: Here's the thing. I don't have access to many exotic things since I'm locked in mid-Missouri, and I'm not sure what GBS trades for generally. My cellar currently consists of things like Oude Tart, Saison Rue, Speedway Stout, Victory at Sea, a couple BCBS, Love Child #5. There are a few good local breweries in the area like Bur Oak, Second Shift, Logboat, and Piney River that distribute some decent stuff if you're into that kinda thing. Of course there's also 4 Hands and Urban Chestnut who do solid stuff in MO - 4 Hands in fact just released a variety pack of their Chocolate Milk Stout in horchata and tiki, which is apparently coffee and coconut. If none of this interests you, hit me up anyway and I'm sure we can figure something out.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

ISO: Bourbon GBS

Sent you a PM.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Looking for a couple bcbs. Everywhere I go they have it at 17-20$ a bottle and I refuse to pay that much.

I've got 13, 14 and 15 dark lord to trade, or anything local in Indiana (all 3 floyds distro, shorts, bells 30th, and most Sheldon bros.).

I don't have PMs, email is jasonbohm3@gmail.com.

Lemme know and we can work something out.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
What's the actual value of BCBS and the variants? I'd like to get a flight going and I have actual rare poo poo like DDG and/or Alesmith BA Kopi Luwak Speedway, but those were all expensive to begin with

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Avenged posted:

Looking for a couple bcbs. Everywhere I go they have it at 17-20$ a bottle and I refuse to pay that much.

I've got 13, 14 and 15 dark lord to trade, or anything local in Indiana (all 3 floyds distro, shorts, bells 30th, and most Sheldon bros.).

I don't have PMs, email is jasonbohm3@gmail.com.

Lemme know and we can work something out.

I have three cases of BCBS and 8 barley wines. I'd happily part with some for some dark lord and/or 3 floyds.

PM me and we can work it out.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Angry Grimace posted:

What's the actual value of BCBS and the variants? I'd like to get a flight going and I have actual rare poo poo like DDG and/or Alesmith BA Kopi Luwak Speedway, but those were all expensive to begin with

Obviously it depends on the variant but I would assume DDG would pull 2-3. BA Alesmith stuff would be closer to 1-2.

And if you haven't been keeping up: don't trade for Prop 15 which is loving awful.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Avenged posted:

I don't have PMs

Lyon posted:

PM me and we can work it out.

:goshawk:

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
E-mail sent :O.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

danbanana posted:

Obviously it depends on the variant but I would assume DDG would pull 2-3. BA Alesmith stuff would be closer to 1-2.

And if you haven't been keeping up: don't trade for Prop 15 which is loving awful.

Yeesh no thanks. DDG and BA Kopi are actual rare, not fake hoarded-rare like BCBS.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

You Chicago people could probably make a killing in the Philly trade groups because I've seen some ridiculous things happen for Prop 15.

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...

Angry Grimace posted:

http://www.binnys.com/blog/blackfriday2015/#sthash.re0NemZ4.dpbs

Scroll down to see what binnys (major liquor store in Illinois) prices were. That's pretty much baseline.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize which thread I was in. You probably meant trade value...

Compusaurus fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 3, 2015

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

HatfulOfHollow posted:

You Chicago people could probably make a killing in the Philly trade groups because I've seen some ridiculous things happen for Prop 15.

If I had a shot at one, I would have bought one. My plan was to put it up on TB for a 4/6 pack of a local IPA. I've been very tempted to PM people looking for it on there and tell them they will regret whatever trade they make.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Compusaurus posted:

http://www.binnys.com/blog/blackfriday2015/#sthash.re0NemZ4.dpbs

Scroll down to see what binnys (major liquor store in Illinois) prices were. That's pretty much baseline.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize which thread I was in. You probably meant trade value...

I exist in this weird space where I still have a lot of cool poo poo in my cellar but I haven't given a gently caress about whale hunting in a year or two so its all just old stuff or stuff that was super easy to get.

It's just way easier to just find the bottle whale-y poo poo on draft, really.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

danbanana posted:

If I had a shot at one, I would have bought one. My plan was to put it up on TB for a 4/6 pack of a local IPA. I've been very tempted to PM people looking for it on there and tell them they will regret whatever trade they make.

I'll send you some Philly stuff for it.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

a worthy uhh posted:

I'll send you some Philly stuff for it.

No one listens to me...

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I read 25-30% of any given post and kneejerk reply.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

ISO: ANTEAD and Variants
FT: BCBS, Regal Rye, Prop, BCBS Coffee, Possibly Rare

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

ISO : Cantillon for the holidays(all Iv'e ever had was Iris)

FT : My soul.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Vertigo posted:

ISO : Cantillon for the holidays(all Iv'e ever had was Iris)

FT : My soul.

I think I know a shop that always has the basics in stock, but I'd recommend exhausting every other option first. I think they mark up to like $50 for the regular 750s. :(

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ChickenArise posted:

I think I know a shop that always has the basics in stock, but I'd recommend exhausting every other option first. I think they mark up to like $50 for the regular 750s. :(

All of the Cantillon I've ever bought I got at a random beer store in Paris where all of the bottles were 14-17€...Can't you get it shipped straight from Europe for less per 750 than that?

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Angry Grimace posted:

All of the Cantillon I've ever bought I got at a random beer store in Paris where all of the bottles were 14-17€...Can't you get it shipped straight from Europe for less per 750 than that?

Sure, if I want more than 1 bottle. Note: I won't pay these prices, either, for myself. I guess maybe if it was a special occasion, I didn't have notice, and none of the local restaurants had a bottle, then maaaayyyybe. The store is just a stupid gouge. They sell Russian River etc., too, but are totally clueless about beer. Back in the day, Cantillon was only marked up to about $30 here (DC).

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Yeah, looking back on young 28 year old me, all of 7 years ago, when I used to have to drive an hour for a bottle shop or growler fill..... there was this store I would frequent for bottles,a nd I distinctly remember 4 or 5 different Cantillons on the shelf, and me going "who would pay $25 for a bottle of beer?" ... oh my how times change.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Vertigo posted:

Yeah, looking back on young 28 year old me, all of 7 years ago, when I used to have to drive an hour for a bottle shop or growler fill..... there was this store I would frequent for bottles,a nd I distinctly remember 4 or 5 different Cantillons on the shelf, and me going "who would pay $25 for a bottle of beer?" ... oh my how times change.

If I could turn back time and buy the shelf of 3F Schaerbeekse Kriek I once saw in 2009 for $35 a pop, I'd have told myself to buy more than 2 bottles. gently caress, those were such good days and never saw this insane explosion over chasing beer happening

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015

air- posted:

If I could turn back time and buy the shelf of 3F Schaerbeekse Kriek I once saw in 2009 for $35 a pop, I'd have told myself to buy more than 2 bottles. gently caress, those were such good days and never saw this insane explosion over chasing beer happening

Seriously. I remember coming home from college and seeing the local Binny's packed full of 3F.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
If I could go back in time, I probably wouldn't convince 2009 me to buy pappy 15 or 20 for regular price ($90/130). That's still pretty expensive.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

krustster posted:

If I could go back in time, I probably wouldn't convince 2009 me to buy pappy 15 or 20 for regular price ($90/130). That's still pretty expensive.

I would

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

krustster posted:

dummy

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
:(

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003

krustster posted:

Pappy 15 five years ago was $45 a bottle.

I should know because I have one left from then :smug:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Compusaurus posted:

Pappy 15 five years ago was $45 a bottle.

I should know because I have one left from then :smug:

drat son that cannot be right. At that time I ended up buying a 12 instead for $50, but perhaps I was already falling victim to inflation?

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003

krustster posted:

drat son that cannot be right. At that time I ended up buying a 12 instead for $50, but perhaps I was already falling victim to inflation?

The big upcharge came in 2012 where prices went up 30-50%. That is, at least in Chicago.

You need to get away from the UP krustster!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
seen in a different group:

"Sittin at Kane and there's a dude who drove from Missouri to NJ to get antead."

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

funkybottoms posted:

"Sittin at Kane and there's a dude who drove from Missouri to NJ to get antead."

If I had won the chance to buy a bottle of Ann, I probably would have made the 10 hour drive.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Compusaurus posted:

:smith:

funkybottoms posted:

:smith:

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Compusaurus posted:

As somebody who lives in the LP, every time he mentions living up in the UP, I think, "It must really suck being over 5 hours away from any place worth visiting for vacation/fun".

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

As somebody who lives in the LP, every time he mentions living up in the UP, I think, "It must really suck being over 5 hours away from any place worth visiting for vacation/fun".

:argh:

But the UP is so scenic!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

krustster posted:

:argh:

But the UP is so scenic!

LOG SLIDE FTW.

Casual Yogurt
Jul 1, 2005

Cool tricks kid, I like your style.
ISO: Medalla light 10oz Cans

FT: Anything you want from Southern California

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Casual Yogurt posted:

ISO: Medalla light 10oz Cans

FT: Anything you want from Southern California

I was curious enough to look this up and it seems you can get it from Sam's Club?

• Locked thread