Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Alain Post posted:

Assholes suck up to the boss. Real men do things themselves. I'm not saying anything in the last month has been good booking, but like, jesus, do you think cozying up to the boss offering you a free pass to the top is a face move, then?
I just realized that Vince's hatred of millennials fits right with his bootstraps mentality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Like honestly, all of this just seems like a misguided attempt to compare wrestling morality to real morality, which, yeah, it's going to seem hosed up because in the real world, we try to discourage people from solving all their problems with violence. But that'd be lovely rear end booking in wrestling.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Alain Post posted:

Like honestly, all of this just seems like a misguided attempt to compare wrestling morality to real morality, which, yeah, it's going to seem hosed up because in the real world, we try to discourage people from solving all their problems with violence. But that'd be lovely rear end booking in wrestling.

"You bumped into me in the hallway. Now we could go out there and have a match to settle this minor dispute.. or I could kinda be annoyed for five minutes and move on with my life."

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Remember when Kane had a feud over spilled coffee?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
John Cena is a really inconsistent character. I know that's not news but it's worth repeating.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Alain Post posted:

I think I'm just not saying it right. It isn't that the storyline itself is wrong, it's that there's plenty of good motivation for why it's happening that would make it a half-decent, almost possibly compelling story and instead they've ignored all of it and boiled it down to Big Roman Has Potatoes, Does Things Himself Cause He Big Boy, Widdwe Sheamus Has Tater Tots, Uses Gold Suitcase

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Only a brief 17 minutes.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

nooneofconsequence posted:

Only a brief 17 minutes.

good tater tots take time in the fryer

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Let's make a goons with spoons thread about tater tots

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I want the Philadelphia crowd to drown out Reigns' promo with tater tot chants.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

keevo posted:

I want Vince to write a promo for Roman to pander to the Philadelphia fans by talking about how much he enjoys ketchup slathered Philly steak sammiches.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I want Reigns to cry

after winning the world title

for the second time

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

An entitled crybaby Reigns gimmick would own.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

keevo posted:

Philadelphia Crowd is a hell of a lot different than the Rumble Crowd was. You're looking forward to the Brooklyn crowd on the 28th.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lady Naga posted:

Babyfaces (especially company mascot John Cena) are supposed to be the better man. At the very least, "if someone you barely know takes something from you, beat the hell out of them" isn't a very good message for kids.

Historically the big blowoff to a babyface vs stable feud was the babyface getting five minutes with the unathletic, weak manager. Jon Stewart hosed him over and deserved to get wrecked.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The dynamic of a manager versus a celebrity guest host is so different there's no real comparison.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

*roman comes out with black mascara and black lipstick, wearing long jorts and a marilyn manson t shirt*

"What about me? What about Roman???"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

We didn't have this debate when cm punk caned poor defenseless paul heyman

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ostentatious posted:

*roman comes out with black mascara and black lipstick, wearing long jorts and a marilyn manson t shirt*

"What about me? What about Roman???"

rip Kanyon

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
the product right now is poo poo, but the thought that "hitting a prick who cost you the title for petty reasons is a heel move" is about on the same level as "maybe brock was shooting on Reigns at mania!" for me

this is wrestling, the face isn't "in the moral right", they're just the guy that's (meant to) be getting cheered, whatever that takes

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
John Cena isn't just "a face" don't be dense.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The crowd cheered

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Sami Zayn, IMO the single best face WWE currently employs, has had multiple angles inside and outside of matches about how he tries to be a good person at all times, no matter what, and it totally owns and is an absolutely wonderful message to send to kids (and, hell, some adults) watching

I'd be fine with Reigns being kind of an rear end in a top hat in the same way Austin was an rear end in a top hat, they just need to commit to it and not leave him in the same lovely in-between where Cena is

oatgan posted:

The crowd cheered

the only people cheering were the people cheering for the spot, not for Cena, fwiw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lady Naga posted:

The dynamic of a manager versus a celebrity guest host is so different there's no real comparison.

Oh, so he belonged in the ring interfering with the match even less than a manager, who at least is allowed to be at ringside unless banned by a stipulation.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the product is stupid *sits down indian style on the floor* i don't like it *crosses arms* it's stupid. *flops over onto a side* they should be pushing reigns as a heel *begins to kick his feet into the ground causing his body to rotate in a circular motion* hitting jon stewart wasn't a heel move.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you don't want comeuppance for being an idiot, don't show up the next night after being an idiot

This is honestly the stupidest thing I've seen a person defend since I saw someone say they were surprised Bryan changed nothing from his last injury and got hurt again within 2 months after returning

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Historically the big blowoff to a babyface vs stable feud was the babyface getting five minutes with the unathletic, weak manager. Jon Stewart hosed him over and deserved to get wrecked.

Yes but that was usually a Bobby Heenan or Jim Cornette type. Somebody who had been making the life of the wrestler miserable for months or orchestrated career threatening injuries.

I mean I don't think the idea of a celebrity coming in and costing a babyface the championship is a bad one, but the choice of beloved Jon Stewart to do it is the problem. And probably not "Championships come and championships go" Cena, ether.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, this Sheamus/Roman promo-off is seriously the worst. Roman is like a bad e-fed character, Sheamus is so bland he could be literally anyone who was a generic top heel in the past 20 years.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

If they brought K-Fed back in 2015 he'd still get heat. Miss that dude.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fat Lowtax posted:

If they brought K-Fed back in 2015 he'd still get heat. Miss that dude.

Cena may have kicked his rear end by the end of the night, but to this day he's the only one to have a 1-0 match record against Cena :unsmith:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yes but that was usually a Bobby Heenan or Jim Cornette type. Somebody who had been making the life of the wrestler miserable for months or orchestrated career threatening injuries.

I mean I don't think the idea of a celebrity coming in and costing a babyface the championship is a bad one, but the choice of beloved Jon Stewart to do it is the problem. And probably not "Championships come and championships go" Cena, ether.

Better he care about something than not, he taught an annoying turd a lesson and thankfully that guy hasn't been seen since. People just want to find some reason to jump on John if he didn't do anything he wouldn't care, how could he just let it go when this guy cost him the record!!!!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

remember when roman reigns poisoned stephanie mcmahon

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Roman Reigns Creepypasta

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If Cena hadn't AA'd Stewart people would complain that he doesn't ever care when he loses the title.

Which is also a valid complaint because Cena does show up the night after being screwed and acts like it doesn't matter all the time but this is due to Cena's screwy characterisation where he takes things seriously until he doesn't.

If Cena's character made sense on any level none of these discussions would be happening.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Another idea, bring Color Me Badd to guest host Raw.

Xenoletum posted:

Philadelphia Crowd is a hell of a lot different than the Rumble Crowd was. You're looking forward to the Brooklyn crowd on the 28th.

Remind me how they're different.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
even the Brooklyn crowd on the 28th is gonna be different from the Summerslam crowd it was last time, I dunno

still think both crowds will be smarkier than usual

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Better he care about something than not, he taught an annoying turd a lesson and thankfully that guy hasn't been seen since. People just want to find some reason to jump on John if he didn't do anything he wouldn't care, how could he just let it go when this guy cost him the record!!!!

If Cena beat up Leno I could see that working. Or Adam Sandler. Then Cena could do a racism and all of Sandler's fans will shift allegiance to the bigger, stronger racist.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

even the Brooklyn crowd on the 28th is gonna be different from the Summerslam crowd it was last time, I dunno

still think both crowds will be smarkier than usual

the smarks are the only fans left at this point

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Ruggington posted:

remember when roman reigns poisoned stephanie mcmahon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fs20XN_j0k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
So, will Roman get over, or will Vince give up? How long until one of these things happens? Roman has already been given longer than Luger, right?

• Locked thread