Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

DownByTheWooter posted:

If you get a blister, don't pop that blister.

Use aloe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

unless it turns into this.

:nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwMX99yPnFA :nms:

I miss working in the E.R :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also if you're going to use aloe, see if you can find some of the actual plant itself. It's amazing.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also if you're going to use aloe, see if you can find some of the actual plant itself. It's amazing.

This.

We have an aloe plant in the kitchen just for burns/insect bites.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

This.

We have an aloe plant in the kitchen just for burns/insect bites.

same

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Go to urgent care next time you get a decent burn and get some silver sulfadiazine, poo poo works like magic and makes minor burns go away almost instantly.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
yeah this is a pretty minor burn. it's just bad enough that it will bug the poo poo out of me tomorrow and is on a part of my hand that brushes up against stuff a surprising amount, so i want it to go away and heal up as quick as possible..

i'll put some aloe on it and band aid it.

thanks for all of your help gipdocs. godspeed.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The Slithery D posted:

I personally man the gently caress up.
[/quote

[quote="Cole" post="453668107"]
i'm not in the military anymore so you can take your hooah-oorah-hoorah bullshit and man it the gently caress up your rear end

:iceburn:

There is no cure from being burned by Cole

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

ElMaligno posted:

Aloe does help tho

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

ElMaligno posted:

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Aloe does help tho

:vince:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Ooh, did somebody say blister? Where'd I put my benzoin tincture and syringes... :unsmigghh:

Diarrhea Elemental fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 10, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Remember kids, new X-Files next month. :dance:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'm still going through the whole series right now since I never saw it all the way through. I'm midway through season five, gotta hurry the gently caress up :f5:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So I went over to my mom's house to do some stuff, maybe take a nap. I let both dogs out into the backyard and go off elsewhere. A little while later there's pounding on the front door, but when I look out the front window I don't see anything, then it happens again, don't see anyone again. Then I'm looking out the front window and notice there's a dog running around in the street-OH poo poo IT'S MY DOG!. The neighbor came home both dogs went and jumped up on the gate at the same time and their weight was enough to disengage the latch. While I'm wondering what the hell is going on he's managed to get the puppy back inside the fence but our older dog doesn't really want him doing that to her so she's playing keep away with him. She'd never gotten loose before so it scared the poo poo out of me. So now I've got the gate and the post it's supposed to lock into tied together with a hose clamp. Come Spring I think either that pipe or maybe any of them connected to a gate are getting sunk in with cement.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 10, 2015

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Cole posted:

yeah this is a pretty minor burn. it's just bad enough that it will bug the poo poo out of me tomorrow and is on a part of my hand that brushes up against stuff a surprising amount, so i want it to go away and heal up as quick as possible..

i'll put some aloe on it and band aid it.

thanks for all of your help gipdocs. godspeed.

there was an... incident at work yesterday that involved my upper half very briefly being engulfed in a fireball. mostly just burned off a bunch of hair, but there was a 2" square patch right below my left inner wrist that got cooked to a dark pink color and it was super tender. slathered a bunch of burn cream on and wrapped a compress around it and today it doesnt hurt at all and theres almost no discoloration left, and more importantly, no blistering of the skin

my beard, however, didnt make it through unscathed :qq:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

there was an... incident at work yesterday that involved my upper half very briefly being engulfed in a fireball. mostly just burned off a bunch of hair, but there was a 2" square patch right below my left inner wrist that got cooked to a dark pink color and it was super tender. slathered a bunch of burn cream on and wrapped a compress around it and today it doesnt hurt at all and theres almost no discoloration left, and more importantly, no blistering of the skin

my beard, however, didnt make it through unscathed :qq:

Did you get superpowers?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Did you get superpowers?

yea the power to smell like burned hair for the rest of the day

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
RIP beard.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Naked Bear posted:

RIP beard.

that poor woman

:downsrim:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Where the gently caress do you work that you were engulfed in a fireball? cirque du soleil?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah greenmeat is old as poo poo. Lincolncodkiller or whatever is an almost 40 year old soon to be E4.

I'm 38 and just made E4. I think my chief is the same age as me. My senior and master are pushing 60 for sure. Only my CO and XO are older than me on the officer side.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm 38 and just made E4

lmfao

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hey I've only been in a year. Reservist 4 lyfe.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

LingcodKilla posted:

Reservist 4 lyfe.

That's a long time

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Where the gently caress do you work that you were engulfed in a fireball? cirque du soleil?

i only wish :allears:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Well. 58 to be exact. Doubt I'll physically last that long.

Compared to my works awful health care plan Tricare has been amazing for my family.

My drill weekends involve me tinkering with printers.

Could be much much worse.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Cole posted:

That's a long time

Not that long, he joined at 37.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Windows 10 and the FireTV stick are a bit of a solid disappointment so far.

Haven't noticed any improvements from the former so far, installation went smoothly as gently caress, but now my system slows down with multiple open tabs and/or flash instances open, which never gave me trouble previously. In addition, some flash instances simply don't play sound at all, but that seems a little too weird to be just a Windows 10 problem.

The FireTV stick also was a disappointment since my primary planned use for it was to mirror my screen (or project it, whatever you want to call it), but that function turned out to be a huge letdown in addition to the lovely wifi occasionally just dropping the connection or switching channels (which isn't something I can blame on the stick, obviously). I eventually gave up trying to make it work the way I wanted it to and just plugged it into our living room TV for some solid streaming action.

Turns out that Netflix and Amazon Prime work, but almost literally everything else that requires some form of authorization or installation just turtles up and tells me to go gently caress myself with a "check billing address and payment method are from supported country" error message. I initially just sigh and go "welp, figures" until I think about it and realize that my Amazon account here is not tied in any way to an address or identity outside the US.

US credit card, bank account (linked to Amazon via PayPal, which is how I bought my Laptop), physical address and email address. Literally nothing identifies me as a non-resident and still, the loving stick does not do my bidding.

:smith:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

So im applying for a new position in my company, problem is that it's 6am-6pm 3 days a week, and i'd have to work every other saturday 6-6 as well. And i can't work from home.

going for it anyways since the only way I can get promoted in my job is basically if 10 people suddenly quit, and im sick of dealing with offshore users

if i do get the job it'll be the first time being a first shifter. I've worked 2nd or 3rd shift now since I was 16. Kinda nervous about that.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

going for it anyways since the only way I can get promoted in my job is basically if 10 people suddenly quit,

For a reasonable fee this can be taken care of.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

So im applying for a new position in my company, problem is that it's 6am-6pm 3 days a week, and i'd have to work every other saturday 6-6 as well. And i can't work from home.

going for it anyways since the only way I can get promoted in my job is basically if 10 people suddenly quit, and im sick of dealing with offshore users

if i do get the job it'll be the first time being a first shifter. I've worked 2nd or 3rd shift now since I was 16. Kinda nervous about that.

Yo, that schedule is dope.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the schedule is the best part of it, along with actually being able to do more server poo poo and not have to engage in the verbal kung-fu that is dealing with offshore contractors.

plus more money and a much, much better job title

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

plus more money and a much, much better job title
"Executive fluffer" does have a certain ring to it.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Ralp posted:

the military subforum was very nearly deleted outright last year. disappointing :(

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ralp continues to prove what a giant piece of poo poo he is. He's like a Grover that refuses to go away.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
sorry about your beard kfff

petition the depth devs to put in bearded sharks

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
^^^ thanks man

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

you were in the army you can get up early in the morning you big baby :colbert:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Ralp continues to prove what a giant piece of poo poo he is. He's like a Grover that refuses to go away.

why would anyone say this about one of the best admins this forum has ever had?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Teflon Don posted:

For a reasonable fee this can be taken care of.

You gave away the CS canister, so that means you have something else in mind...

anne frank fanfic you loving traitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ded posted:

why would anyone say this about one of the best admins this forum has ever had?

Because people think GiP is immune to the forum rules or something

• Locked thread