Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I heart bacon posted:

I want to learn how to make rum and rum.

At a party a couple of years ago, a friend of mine was making cocktails. Quite late in the evening, my sister asked him to make her something without specifying what. He grabbed two bottles without paying much attention and she ended up with a light rum and dark rum cocktail served in a coconut. So that's how you make a rum and rum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tiggum posted:

At a party a couple of years ago, a friend of mine was making cocktails. Quite late in the evening, my sister asked him to make her something without specifying what. He grabbed two bottles without paying much attention and she ended up with a light rum and dark rum cocktail served in a coconut. So that's how you make a rum and rum.

Add a splash of Pineapple juice and it's a Mai Tai :shrug:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

crumb dungeon

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

VendaGoat posted:

Add a splash of Pineapple juice and Orange juice and it's a Mai Tai :shrug:

ftfy

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 06:40 on Dec 10, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

EZipperelli posted:

[quote="VendaGoat" post=""453678448http://officialwhitneywisconsin.tumblr.com/" "]
Add a splash of Pineapple juice and Orange juice and it's a Mai Tai :shrug:
ftfy
[/quote]

Thought that said officialwhitey for a second

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

RareAcumen posted:

Thought that said officialwhitey for a second

Huh. The hell happened there? Oh well, edited to fix it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

cash crab posted:

AMAZING

anyway, maybe she just sucked at cooking

Were your tits blown clean off?

Also I missed out on $2 taco night on Tuesday. I am sad.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Gridlocked posted:

Were your tits blown clean off?

Also I missed out on $2 taco night on Tuesday. I am sad.

:( You could have gotten 50 tacos for $100

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

At the Tacomat?

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

cash crab posted:

AMAZING

anyway, maybe she just sucked at cooking

Naw, cooking avocado makes it look and taste bad. If you're going to shire an egg, do it in butter or cream.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

FetusSlapper posted:

Naw, cooking avocado makes it look and taste bad. If you're going to shire an egg, do it in butter or cream.

Isn't that a shirred egg? A shired egg you bury in a comfortable sort of hole in the ground for eleventy-one years.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

axolotl farmer posted:

death becomes us

Was this made by the W&W low carb thread?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GoutPatrol posted:

Was this made by the W&W low carb thread?

I know I've seen it before but I doubt any of the people who posted in that abomination could afford wagyu beef

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This guy, this loving guy.

The quoted image is now also a link as well.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

theironjef posted:

Isn't that a shirred egg? A shired egg you bury in a comfortable sort of hole in the ground for eleventy-one years.

Shired eggs need hotgoblin sauce.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

It was all going so well, too. I mean, of course it was stoner food, but there's nothing inherently wrong with that. And then came the mayonnaise

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
The lettuce leaves mean it's healthy :downs: :chef:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Tiggum posted:

So you put the rum and rum in the coconut and drank it all up?

:downsrim:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Force de Fappe posted:

It was all going so well, too. I mean, of course it was stoner food, but there's nothing inherently wrong with that. And then came the mayonnaise

But it's 75% fat! That's totally different!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remember that area of Dark Souls

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

cash crab posted:

:( You could have gotten 50 tacos for $100

I'm going on a trip for my very good friends wedding in January that will cost a fair chunk of monies. Even dodging $15 for some tacos and beers every Wednesday will add up to being a lunch and dinner one of the days I'm away or a cab fare too/from the airport to my (overpriced) hotel.

One of my mates was apparently a bit cut that I missed out this week though and said she would have paid for me if I told her. I don't wanna take her pitty dollars because she also has to save for her holiday to the USA in January but if you wanna see what $2 Taco's look like in regional Australia I will take her up on her offer/get some taco money and take pictures next week.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I was reasonably on board until that final image

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Tiggum posted:

A couple of recent photos from our favourite Czech eatery:

Pasta salad with pork medallions, American dressing, toast.

Roast duck, red cabbage, dumplings.
I didn't realize this place was in Brno. Next time I'm there I will try to go there one day for lunch. The food looks exactly the same as every other place I've been between around lunch time there so why the hell not.

I was just there during St. Martin's or whatever the holiday is called, where every place has duck and goose on the menu because the guy liked ducks or some poo poo. That bird-haunch in purple paste with steamed bread was served from steamer pans at a company party.

One lesson I've learned - "steak" there, unqualified, usually means a very large gristly lump of ham. If it doesn't say beef it's probably going to be disappointing. And if it says beef it will also be disappointing.

edit: Yumm-o

My quick translation of the caption is pretty unassuming - pork roulade with potatoes and salad. Where is the salad? What is in the roll? Don't ask about salat.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 17:02 on Dec 10, 2015

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

EZipperelli posted:

Huh. The hell happened there? Oh well, edited to fix it.

What a.... nice.... blog?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

SLOSifl posted:

I didn't realize this place was in Brno. Next time I'm there I will try to go there one day for lunch. The food looks exactly the same as every other place I've been between around lunch time there so why the hell not.

I was just there during St. Martin's or whatever the holiday is called, where every place has duck and goose on the menu because the guy liked ducks or some poo poo. That bird-haunch in purple paste with steamed bread was served from steamer pans at a company party.

One lesson I've learned - "steak" there, unqualified, usually means a very large gristly lump of ham. If it doesn't say beef it's probably going to be disappointing. And if it says beef it will also be disappointing.

edit: Yumm-o

My quick translation of the caption is pretty unassuming - pork roulade with potatoes and salad. Where is the salad? What is in the roll? Don't ask about salat.

Potato salad, we've been over this.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Gridlocked posted:

I'm going on a trip for my very good friends wedding in January that will cost a fair chunk of monies. Even dodging $15 for some tacos and beers every Wednesday will add up to being a lunch and dinner one of the days I'm away or a cab fare too/from the airport to my (overpriced) hotel.

One of my mates was apparently a bit cut that I missed out this week though and said she would have paid for me if I told her. I don't wanna take her pitty dollars because she also has to save for her holiday to the USA in January but if you wanna see what $2 Taco's look like in regional Australia I will take her up on her offer/get some taco money and take pictures next week.

Taco Tuesday, an international tradition.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I prefer Taco Tuesday at Taco Town.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
I'm going for Dim Sum tomorrow morning, is there anything in particular I should ask for that looks gross for the sake of pictures? Other than chicken feet, I'm already gonna get some of those.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

I'm going for Dim Sum tomorrow morning, is there anything in particular I should ask for that looks gross for the sake of pictures? Other than chicken feet, I'm already gonna get some of those.

get those big flat noodles with the whole shrimp inside them, they look like something thats about to hatch and start crawling around on the table

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

VendaGoat posted:

Add a splash of Pineapple juice and it's a Mai Tai :shrug:

There's no loving pineapple in a mai tai, you heathen. You can use some pineapple for a garnish, but if you put any pineapple juice in it you hosed up.

I take tiki drinks very seriously.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Skinny King Pimp posted:

There's no loving pineapple in a mai tai, you heathen. You can use some pineapple for a garnish, but if you put any pineapple juice in it you hosed up.

I take tiki drinks very seriously.

You know who disagrees with you?

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
Elvis is an rear end in a top hat and a mai tai is curacao, lime juice, orgeat syrup, white rum, and dark rum. Don't gently caress it up with pineapple juice.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
What have I wrought with my rum and rum?

For the record rum rum and a wee bit of lime juice is my favourite dacquiri.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

bunnyofdoom posted:

For extra good times, add some maraschino liqueur to your rum and rum and tiny bit of lime juice and have a nice Hemingway.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I save my maraschino for my twist on an aviation. I call it a bush pilot. Ungava gin lemon juice maraschino and a bit of maple syrup

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Skinny King Pimp posted:

Elvis is an rear end in a top hat and a mai tai is curacao, lime juice, orgeat syrup, white rum, and dark rum. Don't gently caress it up with pineapple juice.

You're a Mai Tai Hitler.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

No drink rules!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

No drink rules!

Any cocktail made with coors should be followed with arsenic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

bunnyofdoom posted:

Last year my father in law made me a strawberry dacquiri at a family gathering. I saw him pulling those Daily's frozen drinks out of the freezer, so I assumed that was what it was.

It was not. It was a Daily's, plus strawberries, plus two shots of rum. I drank two and fell down pretending to ride their dog.

• Locked thread