Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
BREAKING NEWS: Hypocrit Impy refuses to disown unbloodied on his team. What does this mean for the statisitician's reputation?! CLICK HERE FOR MORE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

AJ_Impy posted:

They don't deserve names yet. One belongs to the Petting Zoo, one besmirches the Spooky Scary Skeletons, one befouls Cool Rad Awesome Pals, one blights A Tarantino Film, two cripple a Furry, Farmer and two Cows, two execrate the name of This Bites and three render Lightly Whipped even more of the ultimate laughing stock.

Until any of them kill someone, they are dead to me. :colbert:

(Except my teammate. They alone have merit amongst the unblooded.)
Without names, how can we mock them? (Said as a person who's gladiator only barely escaped the unblooded category last round).

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Someone link the drat spreadsheet so I can tell if Impys gladiator is the weakest link.

Or just tell me if my team is all-killers.

I would look it up myself but I dont even know my divison or team name which makes me think I should see a doctor. How long has it been?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Someone link the drat spreadsheet so I can tell if Impys gladiator is the weakest link.

Or just tell me if my team is all-killers.

I would look it up myself but I dont even know my divison or team name which makes me think I should see a doctor. How long has it been?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b5cTU9_hj3jXAS67XT4wxUxKF3nS7M0gCtiF8ht8iBQ/edit#gid=0

Here.
Let the shaming begin.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Breaking someone's spine and then having them bite through my stomach doesn't count as a kill, sadly.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

AJ_Impy posted:

They don't deserve names yet. One belongs to the Petting Zoo, one besmirches the Spooky Scary Skeletons, one befouls Cool Rad Awesome Pals, one blights A Tarantino Film, two cripple a Furry, Farmer and two Cows, two execrate the name of This Bites and three render Lightly Whipped even more of the ultimate laughing stock.

It's me, I am the unblooded. I am a tank, I am here to stop my teammates being killed.

Next time I play, I'm coming in with a pick though.

e: no, it's not me, hooray

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Frozen_flame posted:

BREAKING NEWS: Hypocrit Impy refuses to disown unbloodied on his team. What does this mean for the statisitician's reputation?! CLICK HERE FOR MORE

My reputation as a staunch backer of my teammates through thick and thin is undiminished. Skellies before Statistics. :colbert:

Pickled Tink posted:

Without names, how can we mock them? (Said as a person who's gladiator only barely escaped the unblooded category last round).

Mock them as the nameless dregs (Or nameless Clods, Matul Remrit stylee) who have not yet earned their name in blood. :black101:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yay, I'm not the worst! But someone sullying my good name is. :colbert:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Sun Tzulander is a lover, not a fighter.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

AJ_Impy posted:

Worth pointing out that everyone in this list is objectively a worse gladiator than Mogwai, a gremlin wielding two bucklers.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i hate my stupid kill-less monkey so much right now

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I built Strangler Than Fiction to be the ultimate wingman - able to tie up opponents and keep them occupied long enough for the killing blow.

And that's exactly why two of my teammates have 8 kills each, and I only have one. Totally a calculated move to help my bros out. :colbert:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'll have you know that Urist follows a very specific code of karmic martial arts, where true ascension can only occur through death. Your own death. Repeatedly. Over and over. In the most bloody fashion possible.

Killing someone else will add a fat minus to his karma score and as such is not desirable.

That, or he's just plain crap.

Edit: typos

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Bad Munki posted:

Yay, I'm not the worst! But someone sullying my good name is. :colbert:

See, this is why my teammate hasn't killed yet. They have invoked the curse of Bad Munki.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Oh god the shame is too much. Although with a name like Stephen Harper I don't know how I expected anything other than crushing disappointment and sadness.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren:Update your fighters:siren:

When everyone is done or enough time has passed Jazz will open it up and we'll get rolling again.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I bought a hat.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i bought pants

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I got deadlier.

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

I learned how to kick and bite, thus upgrading my battle mastery to the "little girl" level

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
I bought nollij

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

dasmause posted:

I learned how to kick and bite, thus upgrading my battle mastery to the "little girl" level

My son is going through a biting phase, he's two. Which means that Team Laser Explosion is literally as dangerous as four two year olds. Basically a bye for their next opponents.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Spermy Smurf posted:

:siren:Update your fighters:siren:

When everyone is done or enough time has passed Jazz will open it up and we'll get rolling again.

As soon as I get my password reset...

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
I bought my first level of kicker. The Abominable Gladiator's martial arts prowess grows greater!

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Dirty Frank posted:

My son is going through a biting phase, he's two. Which means that Team Laser Explosion is literally as dangerous as four two year olds.

Yet we still maintain a positive win/loss ratio

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Alright, I've lain down my bets, infusing 1/5th of the betting pool's cash back into the system for grabs.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

jon joe posted:

Alright, I've lain down my bets, infusing 1/5th of the betting pool's cash back into the system for grabs.

And I put forth my 407 dwarfbucks.

Combined we have about 1/5th of the entire amount of dwarfbucks!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Spermy Smurf posted:

And I put forth my 407 dwarfbucks.

Combined we have about 1/5th of the entire amount of dwarfbucks!

Wowza! :eyepop:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Bets placed. Keep on betting against Laser Explosion!

Gotta say I am enjoying this tournament format. Just hope the commissioners won't get too bored with running fights by round 18.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Maugrim posted:

Gotta say I am enjoying this tournament format. Just hope the commissioners won't get too bored with running fights by round 18.

As requested, every penny I have against Team Laser Explosion.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

dasmause posted:

Considering how deadly biting seems to be with certain gladiators who don't even put dots on this, it is truly terrifying.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Maybe an extra level in Lash will help this lovely stupid loving monkey do something.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Contemplating a second wooden buckler.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Anchors posted:

Contemplating a second wooden buckler.

Well, if you don't already have a weapon there, why not?! Might as well live a little while longer before the opposition tears through you due to your utter lack of lethality.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

FillInTheBlank posted:

As soon as I get my password reset...

I'll get you set up as soon as I get home later tonight! But I'm posting from my phone at an airport right now, and I still haven't gotten around to making password resets an easy process just yet :smith:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Maugrim posted:

I've been around basically without pause since... well, since the start of Vox's initial thread.

I promise we'll keep moving forward, even if it has to crawl. I do sometimes slow down due to life and/or feeling I need a break to write things at least halfway decent, but it'll keep moving.

Bonus fun fact: did you know there's something like half a dozen of us running fights? It's true! :v:

Also, before anyone else even could have done anything, I already updated sn because I was poised to do it as soon as I posted the last fight. I got enough wooden swords for my whole team.*

*I am lying.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Platinum swords, then?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I put down 2000 Dwarfdrekels on the Tonic. He has to win otherwise Armok will break my legs.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

:double checks to see if there are any dwarves on the opposing team this round:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Dammit the round started before my password was reset.