Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

MechaFrogzilla posted:

I followed Yedlin over and think Harry Kane and Dele Alli are cool and good.

I'm one of 3 people in this thread who will get that joke and even I kind of want to hit you right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

MechaFrogzilla posted:

I followed Yedlin over and think Harry Kane and Dele Alli are cool and good.

Dele Alli is truly cool and good.

Hockey rules.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Warriors fans are the Pats fans of basketball imo

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I'd think that'd be the Spurs, but then again I'm in Texas.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kawhi Leonard owns bowns.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

JaysonAych posted:

Went in wrong, too.

I walked right into that one. :butt:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So are we gonna get a 97-4 season?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
When I started getting into basketball I decided to be a warriors fan because my create a pro in 2k kept getting drafted to them

I have since decided I do not deserve this

I would probably like basketball more if I had time to think between each play. Its too fast for my NFL loving brain.

Its a sport I enjoy more in gifs and sportscenter highlights than actual games.

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 10, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

When I started getting into basketball I decided to be a warriors fan because my create a pro in 2k kept getting drafted to them

I have since decided I do not deserve this

I would probably like basketball more if I had time to think between each play. Its too fast for my NFL loving brain.

Its a sport I enjoy more in gifs and sportscenter highlights than actual games.

The final 2 minutes of a close game rules, but also stretches of games where a team just goes on like a 20 point tear in under 5 minutes.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Not yet. If they continue on this current trend they will be soon, but they haven't had a decade of success quite yet. It's the Spurs or Lakers.

Anyway here is the NFC East
http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-nfc-east-2/

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chilichimp posted:

The final 2 minutes of a close game rules, but also stretches of games where a team just goes on like a 20 point tear in under 5 minutes.

So, a gif or sportscenter highlight then

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yeah, p much

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

on the other hand, the final two minutes of a blowout

*foul*

two seconds elapse

*foul*

two seconds elapse

*foul*

two seconds elapse

*foul*

two seconds elapse

*foul*

two seconds elapse

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

How could you NOT root for the Warriors though? They are exciting and fun to watch, and don't have a creepy hooded coach and whiny star player! :v:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Reminds me of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqObJtGrKaA

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's why NBA twitter is best.

NFL twitter is like "oh you think player x is good, well let me show you with these scribbled on screen shots why he's actually bad."

MLB twitter is "oh you think player y is good, we'll let me show you why he is actually bad with a pile of acronyms and numbers."

NBA twitter is "oh you think player z is good... YOU'RE RIGHT CHECK OUT THESE SWEET DUNKS AND HANDLES"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Goddamn do I remember when Steph Curry loving torched Wisconsin from the arc to knock us out of the NCAA tournament.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shath Hole posted:

How could you NOT root for the Warriors though? They are exciting and fun to watch, and don't have a creepy hooded coach and whiny star player! :v:
I've got no problems with the Warriors at all. :D I love the way they play.

It's just that a Warriors fan will look at you funny if you tell them that Chris Webber once played for them.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 10, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Being a non-Warriors fan in the Bay Area, watching the bandwagon grow as a disinterested observer has been jarring.

Most of them will rep the We Believe Warriors but can't name anything that happened between then and last season.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I went to a Rockets game once when I was 10 and that's when my parents discovered I needed glasses because I kept asking what the score was because I couldn't see the scoreboard.

That's my basketball story.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

I've got no problems with the Warriors at all. :D I love the way they play.

It's just that a Warriors fan will look at you funny if you tell them that Chris Webber once played for them.

I still think Hardaway, Killer Crossover and Mullin when I hear the Warriors. I'm old.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Run TMC :twisted:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spoeank posted:

It's why NBA twitter is best.

NFL twitter is like "oh you think player x is good, well let me show you with these scribbled on screen shots why he's actually bad."

MLB twitter is "oh you think player y is good, we'll let me show you why he is actually bad with a pile of acronyms and numbers."

NBA twitter is "oh you think player z is good... YOU'RE RIGHT CHECK OUT THESE SWEET DUNKS AND HANDLES"

It's also why NBA loves youtube. "Did you like those sweet dunks? WANNA WATCH 12 FAN MADE HIGHLIGHT REELS? WANNA MAKE YOUR OWN?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shath Hole posted:

I just hate Klay Thompson man

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

CannonFodder posted:

It's also why NBA loves youtube. "Did you like those sweet dunks? WANNA WATCH 12 FAN MADE HIGHLIGHT REELS? WANNA MAKE YOUR OWN?

NBA just handles social media best out of all the major leagues. Because they totally embrace it. They realize the more people are talking about CHECK THESE SWEET DUNKS, the more free exposure they're getting.

I'm another on the "Watch basketball purely through highlights" types. Don't wanna sit down and watch a full game, but I'm a man who likes his alley-oops.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

NBA just handles social media best out of all the major leagues. Because they totally embrace it. They realize the more people are talking about CHECK THESE SWEET DUNKS, the more free exposure they're getting.

I'm another on the "Watch basketball purely through highlights" types. Don't wanna sit down and watch a full game, but I'm a man who likes his alley-oops.

Seeing hockey players whose first language isn't english tweet is hilarious and adorable

Jagr owns

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ross Angeles posted:

Seeing hockey players whose first language isn't english tweet is hilarious and adorable

Jagr owns

Jagr gets the one-two punch of both his first language not being English and being a literal old man on the internet.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

Jagr owns

Wasn't Jagr the one who a woman he slept with tried to blackmail him and he was like "ok I don't care"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ross Angeles posted:

Jagr owns
teemu's response is even better

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wasn't Jagr the one who a woman he slept with tried to blackmail him and he was like "ok I don't care"

Yes. Jagr owns.

also he was drafted in 1990. I have no idea how hockey players play so long.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jagr goddamn rules.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I loving hate basketball

I like the sport, I hate ESPN and the Top 10

"Look at this guy do this insane triple deke and look wow, he just scored a goal!"

Number 1 is some dunk you see literally every night.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't think it was the girl who tried to blackmail him, I think it was someone who got the photo.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
You guys want adorable?

https://twitter.com/tomashertl48/status/429401877571067905

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS03c0lFPG4

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Well, he's Czech, so that makes sense.

"What? Is bad thing I sleep with woman now?"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

"Look at this guy do this insane triple deke and look wow, he just scored a goal!"

Man oh man do hockey fans have the most hilarious Napoleon complex

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I loving hate basketball

I like the sport, I hate ESPN and the Top 10

Fast forward to the spring when #1 is some dumbass double play that happens like 4 times a game in every baseball game ever

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Ross Angeles posted:

Fast forward to the spring when #1 is some dumbass double play that happens like 4 times a game in every baseball game ever

it is true

i will fight mel mudkiper, unless he wants to lightly touch me and then jaw at the media

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 10, 2015

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Spoeank posted:

Being a non-Warriors fan in the Bay Area, watching the bandwagon grow as a disinterested observer has been jarring.

Most of them will rep the We Believe Warriors but can't name anything that happened between then and last season.

Hell, I remember being excited when we signed Eric Dampier.

That chump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Man oh man do hockey fans have the most hilarious Napoleon complex

putting your english major to good use huh

• Locked thread