Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viller
Jun 3, 2005

Proud opponent of Israeli terror and Jewish fascism!

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

There's some new footage here, mostly extensions on scenes that have been played through trailers so far.

The biggest find by far was the sound Kylo's DIY lightsabre makes, holy poo poo 9 days cannot pass quick enough.

"C'mon baby don't let me down"

Falcon crash landing on Starkiller after the jump into the atmosphere...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Viller posted:

"C'mon baby don't let me down"

Falcon crash landing on Starkiller after the jump into the atmosphere...

Noooooooooooo

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I love the sound Kylo's saber makes.

And yeah, all the poo poo in that trailer is amazing.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
We know the Falcon survives though, Rey takes it to find Luke at the very end of the movie.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Also finally properly get to hear Daisy Ridley, other than that one plain line in the other trailer.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

The biggest find by far was the sound Kylo's DIY lightsabre makes, holy poo poo 9 days cannot pass quick enough.

Yeah, no poo poo. The drat thing sounds like a lawnmower. SEVEN DAYS LEFT, DAMNIT.

SSSSSSSSEVVVVVVVVVVVVENNNNNNNNN DAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYSSSS

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

There's some new footage here, mostly extensions on scenes that have been played through trailers so far.

Aren't all lightsabers DIY?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

gohmak posted:

Aren't all lightsabers DIY?

Based on instructions, though. Luke had Ben's journal, and earlier Jedi had direct instruction.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Balding Rey

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Thst's the picture Disney sent out DCMA claims over, isn't it? Guess they don't like the reveal who has Anakin's lightsaber in the end.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The point is that she has the light saber.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

she is a Jedi like her father before her

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Kelp Plankton posted:

she is a Jedi like her father before her

I still hope she's Leia's kid. Regardless, the Skywalkers clearly have a generational problem with absent parents. At least Anakin had the excuse of being a virginal birth with Force daddy not existing.

Agent Cooper
Dec 10, 2015
I know this is stupid and spergy but does anyone remember when the first leaked image of kylo ren hit the internet? A friend says 2013, but that seems way too early to me.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Gonna be super lame if the only people who can use the force are literally Skywalkers

ytisomauq
Dec 15, 2000

Lotka Volterra posted:

Gonna be super lame if the only people who can use the force are literally Skywalkers

So Finn is just a guy who can wield a lightsaber and not a force user?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

ytisomauq posted:

So Finn is just a guy who can wield a lightsaber and not a force user?

All the rumors are "Finn fights Kylo in the forest, holds his own for a little while before getting hurt, then Rey grabs Anakin's saber from him and fights Kylo to a draw before Starkiller Base starts to blow up and everyone gets the hell out of there".

ytisomauq
Dec 15, 2000

Gonz posted:

All the rumors are "Finn fights Kylo in the forest, holds his own for a little while before getting hurt, then Rey grabs Anakin's saber from him and fights Kylo to a draw before Starkiller Base starts to blow up and everyone gets the hell out of there".

And also the clips we see in some of the trailers. If he isn't a force user, that's a lot of footage of a non-force user with a lightsaber. Compared to the one scene in ESB where Han's uses's the same lightsaber. I'm hopeful he's a force user.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Agent Cooper posted:

I know this is stupid and spergy but does anyone remember when the first leaked image of kylo ren hit the internet? A friend says 2013, but that seems way too early to me.

Some concept art and an image of the costume & lightsaber leaked in late October 2014 - they hadn't even finished writing it in 2013.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ytisomauq posted:

And also the clips we see in some of the trailers. If he isn't a force user, that's a lot of footage of a non-force user with a lightsaber. Compared to the one scene in ESB where Han's uses's the same lightsaber. I'm hopeful he's a force user.
Yeah I think Finn has the talent too. Han only used the lightsaber as a tool and I imagine that is very different from Finn being in, apparently, multiple fights with it - in that one against the trooper he doesn't even seem panicked.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Snoke.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Snoke confirmed to be in Alien: Covenant

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Woah that's really cool

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
I love that white robe. He is going to be horrifying.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
That is not a smoke snake at all :(

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Whoa that is not even close to what I had in mind and that's good :stare:

Abner Assington fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 12, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So that's Andy Serkis' character? And those appear to be two different stages of concept art for him. I think the one on the left is waaay cooler but that appears to be an earlier concept. The one on the left looks like a younger man who had something terribly wrong happen to him. The one on the right just kind of looks like an older dude like Palpatine, just with more pronounced wrinkles.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 12, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

looks like this guy:

and this guy:

had a baby

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

9 days eh? Opens at 00:01 on the 15th here in the UK, nerr nerr :p Might actually drag my lazy arse to the cinema during the day while all the kids are at school.

new trailer looks great.

e: looks like they are limited runs and sold out already though

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 12, 2015

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So that's Andy Serkis' character? And those appear to be two different stages of concept art for him. I think the one on the left is waaay cooler but that appears to be an earlier concept. The one on the left looks like a younger man who had something terribly wrong happen to him. The one on the right just kind of looks like an older dude like Palpatine, just with more pronounced wrinkles.

Yeah, I hope it's closer to the left. Looks legit horrifying as opposed to a guy who belongs in a nursing home

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Cool, so it's just Palpatine again. :golfclap:

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I think it's pretty much known the movie is a soft reboot at this point.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

iSheep posted:

I think it's pretty much known the movie is a soft reboot at this point.

Meet the new EU just like the old EU.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

That dude is Cartilage Head from Achewood.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Does that look like a Muun to anyone else? If so, Plagueis confirmed

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Maybe Snoke is an even bigger Vader fanboy than Kylo, even going so far as to apply Authentic Battle Damage to himself to better emulate his true husbando Vader-kun.

e: Ana-kun Skywalker.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Yeah looking at it even further the design on the right kind of sucks. Its just a cartoon character, just an exaggeration of some old wrinkly old man with a soggy left eye. The one on the left is legit unsettling and enticing. It's really loving cool.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Shame we will only see him as a hologram

Edit: also that is likely early concept art from the art book. Early designs for things are wildly different from what is settled on, and often much more experimental. I'd like it if they stuck with either of those designs though.

BastardySkull fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Dec 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Oh boy that shot of the X-Wings and the Falcon heading towards the ringed planet.....mmmmmmmmm I like it.

• Locked thread