Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

Steamworld Heist got an 87 on Metacritic, looks like it owns....

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/steamworld-heist

Steamworld Heist is fun. It's not going to redefine your world but it's a solid well-made game and the 'trick shot' sniper mechanic is fun as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Steamworld Heist got an 87 on Metacritic, looks like it owns....

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/steamworld-heist

I'm glad and not surprised. Now I just need to decide whether to get it on 3DS for the 3D, Vita for the bigger screen, or PC. :v:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

poo poo, that looks really neat from the trailer. I gotta get off my rear end and play Steamworld Dig now that school isn't taking up all my time, I've had it since the Humble Bundle and haven't touched it.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I played the Stella Glow demo and thought it was weird that it was called the titty witch game since the only witch had no tits, then I got to the end and it made sense.

One of the characters is called cowtits on multiple occasions, there's big titties for days.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I've been waiting for SteamWorld Heist. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

:getin:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

katkillad2 posted:

One of the characters is called cowtits on multiple occasions, there's big titties for days.

Her boss is kinda mean, yeah, and that character's outfit is also the most embarrassing fanservice thing in the game, even more than the image of Veronica you posted earlier. Such is the way of anime, I guess.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Bravely Second will be out in Europe February 26th.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Terper posted:

:toot:

Now to finish Bravely Default.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rexroom posted:

:toot:

Now to finish Bravely Default.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Terper posted:

EU gets Paper Mario first and now this? Thanks Reggie.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

glassyalabolas posted:

EU gets Paper Mario first and now this? Thanks Reggie.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the screams of the damned.

The damned being the americans I kill and steal their early Fire Emblem Fates from

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean the US got games before Europe for like 20 years, maybe it's our turn for the next 20

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

AlwaysWetID34 fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 18, 2019

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Terper posted:

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the screams of the damned.

The damned being the americans I kill and steal their early Fire Emblem Fates from

If only we could change our Fates (release date to be earlier)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean the US got games before Europe for like 20 years, maybe it's our turn for the next 20

Here's another reason why the greatest nation on Earth needs to vote for Donald Trump. He would never allow the US of A not to be number 1!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Nah then we'd never get any foreign games :v:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

poo poo, that looks really neat from the trailer. I gotta get off my rear end and play Steamworld Dig now that school isn't taking up all my time, I've had it since the Humble Bundle and haven't touched it.

Steamworld Dig is a very basic "dig holes and get jewels, sell jewels to get tools to dig bigger holes" type game. That said, it should only take you a couple of hours to get from start to finish, just don't go in expecting to be impressed.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

raditts posted:

Steamworld Dig is a very basic "dig holes and get jewels, sell jewels to get tools to dig bigger holes" type game. That said, it should only take you a couple of hours to get from start to finish, just don't go in expecting to be impressed.

That said, it's a very polished piece of work, which is sadly cut short when they ran out of money at the end. Still, I bought and downloaded Heist, now to wait for my 3DS to charge.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I came in here asking about replacement batteries earlier, but I wanted to clarify something in light of recent events.

Does the 3DS have a separate battery for the system clock? My battery appears to, for the most part, charge and discharge as normal. However, like one in three times that I power down the system, the clock will reset. (This is especially aggravating with games like Pokemon Picross, which locks you out of dailies for 24 hours when the time changes.)

I also had an incident the other day where I opened the 3DS, it came out of sleep as normal then abruptly shut down when I unplugged the charger. I was able to power it back on immediately and it had a full battery.

Is this problem potentially more serious than a battery replacement will resolve?

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

NofrikinfuN posted:

Does the 3DS have a separate battery for the system clock? My battery appears to, for the most part, charge and discharge as normal. However, like one in three times that I power down the system, the clock will reset. (This is especially aggravating with games like Pokemon Picross, which locks you out of dailies for 24 hours when the time changes.)
IF it's anything like other checks for time changes it only cares about time being changed that day so if you set the time to like 11:59 PM and let it roll over it'll be fine. But that sucks :(

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

NofrikinfuN posted:

I came in here asking about replacement batteries earlier, but I wanted to clarify something in light of recent events.

I also had an incident the other day where I opened the 3DS, it came out of sleep as normal then abruptly shut down when I unplugged the charger. I was able to power it back on immediately and it had a full battery.

Is this problem potentially more serious than a battery replacement will resolve?

Sounds like you've got some weird internals shenanigans. I'd try opening it up and reseating the battery, and if it continues you have the option of either replacing that battery or sending it in for service. If you're still under warranty, I'd bite the bullet and take advantage of that.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I pushed my way through the rest of Moco Moco Friends and have to say it's not worth buying. Right when the story was about to change to Madoka friends (complete with some interesting revelations,) they wrap it up quickly with the power of friendship. Gameplay is repetitive and the only change in dungeons is the last one has 3 floors to explore instead of just two. Strangely though the monster system is more in line with a Persona/SMT level of difficulty to train and recruiting is even more luck based than Yokai watch. If there were multiplayer or trading, I could see a bit more value in the game, but as it stands the game is just not worth the $40 asking price.

NofrikinfuN posted:

I'm pretty sure the battery is also tied to the clock. When I've forgotten to charge a system it goes back to midnight.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Man I get this sick feeling inside of me every time I spend money on the Badge Arcade. Someone tell me Tryclyde and Clawgrip were worth it. Someone tell to me their most disgusting micro-transaction purchases to lessen this guilt.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Man I get this sick feeling inside of me every time I spend money on the Badge Arcade. Someone tell me Tryclyde and Clawgrip were worth it. Someone tell to me their most disgusting micro-transaction purchases to lessen this guilt.

I have to say, posting specifically in a Nintendo thread about spending too much money on microtransactions with the username "Viewtiful Jew" is the best post/username combo I've ever seen

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
stop spending money on virtual vanity plates if it makes you feel bad

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

My wife bought a lot of the final fantasy 13 outfits, but she had fun with them so I don't know if that counts as disgusting.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Looper posted:

stop spending money on virtual vanity plates if it makes you feel bad

Yeah. At least I guess it's not as bad as like, ten years ago when I felt the need to ever buy more than one gamerpic for my 360 profile beyond the free ones that came with the system or certain games. It's not like I ever could have used more than one of them at a time.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

If your use of your money is bringing you fun then there's nothing wrong with it unless you are, like, ruining yourself -- but I imagine that particular issue would be filed under "not fun" anyway.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Viewtiful Jew posted:

If it makes your 3DS menu screen look nicer, go hog wild, that's how I have justified spending literally :10bux: on badges.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think I've spent like £15 on street fighter iv costumes for my best friend and life partner Sakura Kasugano

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I had to get the Splatoon Badges to match the Callie and Marie theme Nintendo added for the 3DS a few weeks ago, it was worth it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Judge Tesla posted:

If it makes your 3DS menu screen look nicer, go hog wild, that's how I have justified spending literally :10bux: on badges.

Yeah that's true.

Also I just remembered there are people who were in a much worse position when it came to making digital purchases in the past few years:

quote:

Soo I dunno all heard or read bout US server going down in March of 2015? Is sony going reimburse the people like myself who have spent well over $1,000.00 on home items? I know some troll goin drop by and say something stupid, so for now, shoo troll.. But only reason I purchased items to this extent was I trusted since it was a sony created software as is part of the PS3 system, that it wouldn't ever close it's doors.. Soo Sony, will I be reimbursed for all my past purchases made on PSHome?

I'm gonna admit something else right now. Around 2009/2010 I probably spent at least, at least forty dollars on poo poo in PS Home. Probably more but it was a long rear end time ago so I don't quite remember. At the very least I know I bought more than one of those apartments, like two in addition to any free ones. And even then at under a hundred dollars I felt like I was spending too much on these digital items. Knowing some people spent over a thousand dollars, over two thousand in some cases (mostly on clothing they kept making) on poo poo they can't even use now because the service went down earlier in the year, makes every micro-transaction in a thing since then sting a little less.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I also spent money to get the splatoon badges to spice up the squid kid theme :hfive:

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I spent my first badge buck to get the ones from the catcher where they're all resting on top of a chain chomp

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

I also spent money to get the splatoon badges to spice up the squid kid theme :hfive:

Same. The next day I got five free plays which would have netter me everything anyway.

Still, that homescreen is looking so fresh.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I only put money into it once I was completely out of free plays and it was the final day

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I mean as long as you're paying because you are going to use it in a theme and not to just complete sets I don't see anything wrong with it. Assuming you are payin' bills etc. Responsible spending doesn't actually imply you never spend money on stuff like this. It's kinda the modern day equivalent of the quarter machines in front of stores.

Me, I tend to pick things that are going to be good to put on a folder. The folder system is great but getting a single character displayed on it is not great. Now I have a pixel gameboy on my gameboy game folder, mewtwo on my pokemon folder, Dr. Mario on my puzzle games folder etc.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

DisposableHero posted:

I mean as long as you're paying because you are going to use it in a theme and not to just complete sets I don't see anything wrong with it. Assuming you are payin' bills etc. Responsible spending doesn't actually imply you never spend money on stuff like this. It's kinda the modern day equivalent of the quarter machines in front of stores.

Me, I tend to pick things that are going to be good to put on a folder. The folder system is great but getting a single character displayed on it is not great. Now I have a pixel gameboy on my gameboy game folder, mewtwo on my pokemon folder, Dr. Mario on my puzzle games folder etc.
I need a pit for my folder of all three Kid Icarus games!

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Yeah, I have a few that nothing really works for. Hoping something eventually shows up. I really hope we get more pixel art consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
okay like seriously spend your money on whatever you want who cares, but, again, if you're admitting that this explicitly makes you feel bad then just stop!