Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I know the second amendment is a thing and all, but do you americans really have to make notebooks out of kevlar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Mymla posted:

I know the second amendment is a thing and all, but do you americans really have to make notebooks out of kevlar?

In America we're lucky the notebook wasn't also a fully functional gun itself. We Americans love our death machine fashion accessories.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Those little two-wheel electric scooters are one of the few things that are legitimately awesome things the works exactly as shown. They're booming around here, and all around really cool as hell. You can cut through a crowd with one with zero problems. The scooter deserves a *****.

And that's all I have to say about that episode.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mymla posted:

It's a cliche/trope. It's been done with bibles, badges, cell phones, etc. Essentially it's any object that can fit in a breast pocket that's either very thick or has metal.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Also it worked for Teddy Roosevelt :rock:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Christ, what a terrible episode.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Yeah, I'm actually getting pessimistic now. More and more drama, less and less fun.

cyber nuke

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

God, that was awful. Splitting up Castle and Beckett has just been such a huge mistake. And Castle's plan would have worked.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It was dumb as poo poo. "I need to lie to Castle because they will kill those close to me!!!".

She seriously thinks the bad guys are going to leave Castle alone because you "broke up" with him? He is still legally your husband, so what the gently caress.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Hacking represented by a nonsensical graphic. Anti-hacking. Cyber nukes. An AI that understands sarcasm.

With the bit that was on the ship I was fooled into thinking it'd be a good episode, but no. When is the episode where they get back together supposed to air? Hopefully the end of the side plot will significantly improve the show.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Remember, kids: The Coast Guard can't catch a cruise ship 5 minutes after it leaves dock, and there are no repercussions whatsoever as being suspected as a smuggling ship.

ED: ... oh my God. I just got to the hacking part. For fucks sake Hackers was better than this.

ED2: Bahaha. A CYBERNUKE? Oh dear lord this is some bullshit. Turn off your computer you loving idiot.

ED3: Return of the mail order AI.

.... this show seriously needs to end as being all Castle's books because is jumping the shark with a jetpack.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 24, 2015

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Andorra posted:

Hacking represented by a nonsensical graphic. Anti-hacking. Cyber nukes. An AI that understands sarcasm.

With the bit that was on the ship I was fooled into thinking it'd be a good episode, but no. When is the episode where they get back together supposed to air? Hopefully the end of the side plot will significantly improve the show.

That was supposed to be at the end of this episode. The showrunner on twitter was begging people to wait until episode 8, which just aired.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I thought it was good. The phone call was funny.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

GreenNight posted:

That was supposed to be at the end of this episode. The showrunner on twitter was begging people to wait until episode 8, which just aired.

If next episode isn't any better, I'm out until next season. I probably skipped over all but 20 minutes of this episode.

My feelings about the writers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ah5xJz6ZU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Who's bright idea was that computer that could hold a conversation? They need to be forcibly removed from the production of the series since it's served no function that one of the other characters couldn't do. The hacking scene was also bad and makes me question if the writing staff has changed all that much between seasons.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
What aggravates me is that in any other season I would be loving more of a role for Alexis, but everything else is so awful and awkward that I can't bring myself to watch any more.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The problem with Alexis, is the throwaway line early in the season

"Aren't you supposed to be in classes at college?"
"Oh I'm acing all my classes"

Then she is just around doing PI work all the time.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
I also hate the AI that Rick has. Some writer saw an Amazon Echo and was like "that would make a good plot device, but it needs to be more human". So stupid.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Blazing Ownager posted:

.... this show seriously needs to end as being all Castle's books because is jumping the shark with a jetpack.

I was really hoping after the wedding that they would do 1 more wrap up season. As much as I liked this show, it is really starting to get pretty crappy.

The beginning of this episode was actually pretty good, but everything after the hacking scene was terrible, and the weird amazon echo thing I don't understand at all. Why not have him on the phone with his daughter instead of talking to a little glowing pyramid?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Whoever in the writers room who said "let's get Castle an Amazon Echo it's so loving amazing, but lets make it like a real AI!!!" needs to be fired.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I'm starting to like the, "Castle's plot is degenerating because Castle is a hallucinating brain inside its own frozen corpse, and the oxygen and glucose are running out," theory.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 10, 2015

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GreenNight posted:

Whoever in the writers room who said "let's get Castle an Amazon Echo it's so loving amazing, but lets make it like a real AI!!!" needs to be fired.

They're basically calling back to the old days of the blander Rocky movies with that thing.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Sounds like bailing after the rear end-shot episode was the right call.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Sounds like bailing after the rear end-shot episode was the right call.

.... only like half a season left then hopefully somebody will take this out back, shoot it, and tell the talented people stuck here "You're free. Run! RUN!"

I'll give the cast props; they're trying their best to run with the scripts that are just the worst. What's funny is they had a few good ideas but they don't realize they're good ideas so they just keep veering into dumber and dumber things.

For the last few seasons the product placement has been hilariously bad too. Remember when he could only solve the crime thanks to his MOBILE HOTSPOT (TM) car? Jesus that stuff makes me cringe. That said, I'll still endorse the two-wheel gyroboard thing they had on the show, it's one of the only things that is really as cool as it looks. In fact, quite a bit cooler.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 10, 2015

Dekenai
Mar 11, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'll give the cast props; they're trying their best to run with the scripts that are just the worst. What's funny is they had a few good ideas but they don't realize they're good ideas so they just keep veering into dumber and dumber things.

They're the only reason I'm persisting - I like these characters despite the dumbness. Then again, I stuck with Dexter till the end 'cause I'm an optimist, masochist and/or idiot.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
My problem with the show now is that I only like some of the characters. I like Castle, Alexis, Ryan, Martha, and Espo (in that order). I don't care at all about the new people; tech dude in particular isn't a character - he's a walking plot device. Beckett and Lanie are so irritating that I feel my blood pressure rise when one of them appears.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Hijinks Ensue posted:

My problem with the show now is that I only like some of the characters. I like Castle, Alexis, Ryan, Martha, and Espo (in that order). I don't care at all about the new people; tech dude in particular isn't a character - he's a walking plot device. Beckett and Lanie are so irritating that I feel my blood pressure rise when one of them appears.

tech dude is clearly secretly the big bad

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

hangedman1984 posted:

tech dude is clearly secretly the big bad

Legit hoping for this because it's so stupid it would fit right in w/ this season.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Blazing Ownager posted:

For the last few seasons the product placement has been hilariously bad too. Remember when he could only solve the crime thanks to his MOBILE HOTSPOT (TM) car? Jesus that stuff makes me cringe. That said, I'll still endorse the two-wheel gyroboard thing they had on the show, it's one of the only things that is really as cool as it looks. In fact, quite a bit cooler.

Some of those have been exploding, though:

http://www.today.com/news/amazon-pulls-hoverboards-site-amid-reports-them-catching-fire-t61521

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Man, it's the "capillary damage" heated shaving cream incident all over again.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Okay.

When Esposito broke into acapella to "talk" to the other singers, I turned off the show and said "yeah,this sucks"

What happened Castle?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I honestly didn't get past Becket telling Castle she'd read him in on the thing when she's ready.

Castle was good when it was CSI: Nathan Fillion

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Changing the show runners and putting the main two actors on as Executive Producers didn't help. Who could've guessed?

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
Neither of the leads wanted to renew their contracts after Andrew Marlowe left. Now that we've seen what the show looks like with Alexi Hawley and Terence Paul Winter at the helm, I think it is safe to say that there isn't enough money in the world to get them both to agree to a 9th season.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm willing to bet the executive producer title is just a "more money" thing and doesn't involve much say in the show's story arc or scripts.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

EricFate posted:

Neither of the leads wanted to renew their contracts after Andrew Marlowe left. Now that we've seen what the show looks like with Alexi Hawley and Terence Paul Winter at the helm, I think it is safe to say that there isn't enough money in the world to get them both to agree to a 9th season.

In season 9, Alexis joins the NYPD while her dad and Beckett investigate a huge case starting midway through the first episode and lasting until the season finale. Her skills as the daughter of a mystery writer give her amazing insights in to the real life world of crime that is the NYPD, insight she needs as 4KX (3XK's daughter) starts leaving bodies behind. Her partner, Laney, is more grounded, but eventually softens to Alexis's crazy ways.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is the show back? These posts do not sound encouraging.

Deep breath: If I could survive Heroes entire run and deal with the 3rd season of American Horror Story, I can take this.

May the cybernukes cause cyberfallout and the rest of the show wander the virtual wasteland

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
It was dumb but I kinda liked it.

Except for Espo singing, that was too dumb even for me.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
I can only ever see John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Well, since no one else seems inclined...

The bonus episode last night seemed to be a little more fun than Monday's.

• Locked thread