Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Binder org is easy

* Faction
** Card type (do not combine types on same binder page or updating doesn't work)
*** Release order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tijag
Aug 6, 2002

JoshTheStampede posted:

I double sleeved some Netrunner just because for whatever reason they were a little loose in the sleeves I had and it made it hard to shuffle. But besides that yeah it's a pain.

You can just store by set --> faction --> card type or set --> number and be fine.

I just sort by set -> number.

CardgameDB decklists print out with the chapter pack information for each card, so i just make dividers for each pack by name and then its not hard to find an individual card in that chapter pack. I order it by number because that way it makes it easy to see if i'm missing something [number went from 45 to 47? I guess i have 46 in decks].

The amount of work it would take to do any other kind of organizing for this seems like it's creating a tedious minigame out of storage. Not for me.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

There's a new Dark Eldar warlord for Conquest in the pipe. Mechanics aside, is she the first warlord who comes directly from the 40K RPG canon rather than from standard GW canon (or being made up)? I recall that she shows up in The Soul Reaver (a DE-themed adventure supplement for Rogue Trader) and nowhere else.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

NGDBSS posted:

There's a new Dark Eldar warlord for Conquest in the pipe. Mechanics aside, is she the first warlord who comes directly from the 40K RPG canon rather than from standard GW canon (or being made up)? I recall that she shows up in The Soul Reaver (a DE-themed adventure supplement for Rogue Trader) and nowhere else.

That looks like such a dull/bad ability, but that's a pretty solid suite of signature cards. At least it's no Urien.

Mind War looks pimpass in an Eldorath deck, though, and that Neophyte Apprentice can be really dangerous.

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.

GrandpaPants posted:

That looks like such a dull/bad ability, but that's a pretty solid suite of signature cards. At least it's no Urien.

The ability is kind of bland here, but Cato also has a pretty bland ability and has performed very well, so I'll reserve judgement as to the power level here. I think if we see 2-3 more strong Kabalite or Raider cards (ideally with command), we may well be onto something here.

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013
I think she's overall pretty meh. Her ability is very subpar with the current pool of cards since there aren't enough great Kabalite or Raider cards at the moment. The way her ability works also means the signature squad is the only way currently to squeeze out an additional 1c of savings, yet there aren't enough Kabalite/Raiders to even trigger the ability consistently enough during deploy that it will probably end up mattering little. Her signature support is terrible since using it likely precludes you from playing Sslyth Mercenary and is generally super inefficient (first activation puts you 3c down). Her attachment is okay, but suffers excessively / rewards your opponent for using Shields. Her only saving grace is the 2/7 stat line which is great, though it remains to be seen what her flip side is.

I think what she lacks is more Ambush Raiders/Kabalites, preferably a cheap one with a Reaction that increases ATK or something to force damage through on her attachment. That alone would make her good.

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.
I dunno, that support looks really strong to me. Paying 1 for a deployment stall is frequently worth it (as we see with Shadowsun repeatedly moving her drone during deployment when heavy on resources), and paying 2 for a stall and a card is quite good, especially when your ability and focus means you're going to be pretty rich.

I definitely do think we need to see more Kabalite or Raider cards for her to really shine, but even as it stands there's a lot of efficiency there.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Currently the choices for Kabalite or Raider are:

Hellion Gang, Kabalite Halfborn, Kabalite Strike Force, Sybarite Marksman. This is not a particularly deep pool currently, not to mention the fact that they also have to be played on Red planets to trigger the bonus. Like, even if Kith only triggered Khymeras on Red planets, I think I'd still go for that ability than this one, at least with the current pool. I really think that she needs an extra ability or something, even if it's just something as simple as giving +1 ATK to Raiders and Kabalites at her planet. Interestingly, she's one of the few Warlords to have no incentive to ever go to a planet where a big fight is going down, which is sorta useful to snipe out Ally units and whatnot. Tyranids are likewise really good at this (potentially doubly so!), and I think it's part of what makes them way fun for me.

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

I've posted another article over at CardGameDB - 40k Conquest Fundamentals: Deckbuilding.

As for Morn, I think she definitely needs some more Kabalites or Raiders in the pool (and maybe some more synergy cards too), but I suspect that with a little more support she could wind up being very powerful. The resource advantage coupled with the ability to easily stay out of fights could add up to a big economic lead over the course of a game. I don't think she's as good as Kith right now, but we'll see whether any future Kabalite stuff shifts that balance.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

These articles are fantastic. Thanks!

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Do any of the LCGs have something like Jinteki.net for Netrunner? I'm on a Mac so Octgn doesn't work very well. I'm thinking about picking up another LCG, and I'd love one I can test decks online with.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

djfooboo posted:

Binder org is easy

* Faction
** Card type (do not combine types on same binder page or updating doesn't work)
*** Release order

I don't understand please elaborate.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Baron Porkface posted:

I don't understand please elaborate.

All of a factions cards are together.

Each card type within that faction are together. (All agendas, all events, etc)

When you are grouping card type, do not put multiple card types on the same page (7 agendas and then 2 assets).

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

omnibobb posted:

All of a factions cards are together.

Each card type within that faction are together. (All agendas, all events, etc)

When you are grouping card type, do not put multiple card types on the same page (7 agendas and then 2 assets).

Yes but as people pointed out, eventually you'll run out of space between factions and have to reorganize. It also uses a lot of extra pages if you are using a whole page for 2 agendas or whatever.

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Thirsty Dog posted:

These articles are fantastic. Thanks!

You're welcome!

EVGA Longoria posted:

Do any of the LCGs have something like Jinteki.net for Netrunner? I'm on a Mac so Octgn doesn't work very well. I'm thinking about picking up another LCG, and I'd love one I can test decks online with.

No, just OCTGN unfortunately. I suppose Tabletop Simulator might have some options?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I have no issues with OCTGN on my 2012 Macbook Air

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

JoshTheStampede posted:

Yes but as people pointed out, eventually you'll run out of space between factions and have to reorganize. It also uses a lot of extra pages if you are using a whole page for 2 agendas or whatever.

Assuming you buy everything it will always be filling up. Some pages have 1 card, some have 9, it averages out to be just fine. I have all Netrunner in 4x 1" binders. I think I can get through Mumbad before making a choice for another binder. Also, what is "space between factions?". Once you need to reorganize everything is ready to go into a new binder. I don't mind every major Faction eventually having a binder. I made sure to buy 7 in the same style, but different colors :spergin:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It's still expensive and time consuming (in deck building and sorting). For $3 I have a 1600 card long box and set of dividers for the various factions and card types. Bonus: the cards can all be sleeved in these boxes and that still comes out cheaper than buying binders.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

It's still expensive and time consuming (in deck building and sorting). For $3 I have a 1600 card long box and set of dividers for the various factions and card types. Bonus: the cards can all be sleeved in these boxes and that still comes out cheaper than buying binders.

Unless you use penny sleeves this can't be correct.

Edit: 100x 9 pocket Ultra Pro is 15 bucks, you need two at this point probably. That's 30 bucks. Binder is like 2 dollars. Sleeving active decks is a pain, sure, but I can't see cost being an issue with binders.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 10, 2015

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
I had all my Netrunner sleeved in UltraPro transparent sleeves and in a shoebox up until the fourth or fifth pack of the SanSan cycle and there's no way that was cheaper than a binder, probably even cheaper to have two Pro-binders at that rate. I've since repurposed the sleeves for LOTR adventure decks, but haven't gotten a binder yet for Netrunner. There's a lot more room in the shoebox now.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

JoshTheStampede posted:

Don't use the 20 page binders. Get yourself a nice padded school type binder, that zips up so the pages don't sag, that's got a big 3" ring on it. Some people prefer the D Ring, I don't really have a preference but you're spending about the same amount + the cost of the pages which are like 100 pages for $10 or whatever.

in short:

Don't buy this

Buy THIS!

And these

Up until very recently I had all my Star Wars cards in there until it finally overloaded in the middle of the last cycle so it was holding 2 Cores, 4 Deluxe, and 15 packs. Because it's Star Wars the cards were in pockets of 4(2 playsets of 2 cards, back to back). You can do the math on how many cards that is, but it was quite a lot.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 11, 2015

tijag
Aug 6, 2002

PaybackJack posted:

Don't use the 20 page binders. Get yourself a nice padded school type binder, that zips up so the pages don't sag, that's got a big 3" ring on it. Some people prefer the D Ring, I don't really have a preference but you're spending about the same amount + the cost of the pages which are like 100 pages for $10 or whatever.

in short:

Don't buy this

Buy THIS!

And these

Up until very recently I had all my Star Wars cards in there until it finally overloaded in the middle of the last cycle so it was holding 2 Cores, 4 Deluxe, and 15 packs. Because it's Star Wars the cards were in pockets of 4(2 playsets of 2 cards, back to back). You can do the math on how many cards that is, but it was quite a lot.

Considering the storage boxes cost like $4 bucks, that's pretty pricey.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Took the plunge and ordered Game of Thrones 2.0 + the first pack. Is there a list that breaks down the factions and archetypes anywhere? Browsed some of Cardgamedb but didn't really find anything.

tijag posted:

I've always preferred Binders for my cards. In the Magic days, I used storage boxes for bulk cards, and always regretted it when a new combo came out with a previously terrible card.

Given the much more limited size of the LCGs, I'm going Binders.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

tijag posted:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

:nms: that poo poo.

EVGA Longoria posted:

Took the plunge and ordered Game of Thrones 2.0 + the first pack. Is there a list that breaks down the factions and archetypes anywhere? Browsed some of Cardgamedb but didn't really find anything.

The series of articles that FFG published leading up to the release are actually really good introductions for each faction. You can find them here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/a-game-of-thrones-the-card-game-second-edition/?page=3

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
One other cool thing about binders, particularly for LCGs with fixed card distribution, is that you can notice really quickly if a card is missing when packing up.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Do you guys take your entire collection to wherever you're playing? I usually just take the decks I'm using.

Also, for sleeving cards in the cardboard storage, penny sleeves are perfectly fine. You don't have to spend the money on nice-rear end sleeves for stuff that's in a box. It takes a little more time to sleeve up your deck, I guess, but are you doing that every day?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Lichtenstein posted:

One other cool thing about binders, particularly for LCGs with fixed card distribution, is that you can notice really quickly if a card is missing when packing up.

This makes it really easy to disassemble decks, too.

I did boxes before and switched to binders in release order and I say don't knock it until you try it, but if you still prefer boxes then more power to you

E:

Swagger Dagger posted:

Do you guys take your entire collection to wherever you're playing? I usually just take the decks I'm using.

About 50/50. I like to be able to take out a card and try something else if I'm playing a lot of games against the same person and we're brewing something (likely terrible) up =)

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 11, 2015

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I switch to cheap boxes once I'm more or less through playing a game regularly. Since I'm out of Netrunner that's gotten boxed, as has Conquest now.

When I would host tournaments I'd often take my binder out, as a TO it was fairly common with Netrunner that someone would want to borrow a SanSan or a Desperado. Generally I don't take my whole binder out, however the binders I linked do come with a carry strap which makes them that much easier to carry, and when I've got a tripod, camera, decks, 8 playmats, and assorted prizes and deck boxes having another something I don't need to carry with hands is quite helpful.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Swagger Dagger posted:

When my whole collection is one binder like it is now, sure. Later on when there's a lot more cards, probably not.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Swagger Dagger posted:

If I'm going to be changing decks up, I'll bring my cards, otherwise I usually just leave them all in the trunk of my car, just in case.

In other news, I should probably work on the OP. Any suggestions?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
They look pretty nice. But $23.99 American dollars or £62.33 English pounds (about $100), what the christ

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Zephro posted:

They look pretty nice. But $23.99 American dollars or £62.33 English pounds (about $100), what the christ

You can typically find cheaper ones at your local office store. I recommend looking around back to school time when those type of sales are happening. I'm really only recommending those over the padded ultrapro binders that you might see for sale at your local card store, which I linked above those. Those things are the real rip off, regardless of which brand you use.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a thread for Game of Thrones second edition?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is there any market for selling singles from the LOTR core set? I imagine no one needs the heroes or the cards you get 3 of, but like Beorn and that spy-Elf maybe?

This poo poo is expensive, so if I can put a few quid towards the next exp. pack selling stuff I won't use that would be cool.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

bowmore posted:

Is there a thread for Game of Thrones second edition?

You're in it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

sassassin posted:

Is there any market for selling singles from the LOTR core set? I imagine no one needs the heroes or the cards you get 3 of, but like Beorn and that spy-Elf maybe?

This poo poo is expensive, so if I can put a few quid towards the next exp. pack selling stuff I won't use that would be cool.

Yeah, people sell them on ebay, but usually as whole sets of the 1x core cards or the 2x core cards.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Is the LOTRO card game good? I'm kind if intrigued by the idea of a cooperative LCG (you can play it solo if necessary, right?). If the opposition comes from a deck of cards, is there much replay value once you've beaten the missions in a given set?

Basically should I give FFG even more money so I can buy even more boxes of cardboard?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Zephro posted:

Is the LOTRO card game good? I'm kind if intrigued by the idea of a cooperative LCG (you can play it solo if necessary, right?). If the opposition comes from a deck of cards, is there much replay value once you've beaten the missions in a given set?

Basically should I give FFG even more money so I can buy even more boxes of cardboard?

I think it's pretty good but I never play the thing, I just can't do the solo thing and prefer competitive LCGs with friends. If you have a good friend that you game with all the time, or don't mind playing solo yourself I think there's a lot of value there. Some of the scenarios seem like you have to build decks in a certain way to beat them, in terms of spheres and combinations of heroes, so I think the challenge is more in the tuning that leads to beating a scenario and I don't know if you'd have as much fun replaying it, but I think some people certainly might. Sounds like an exercise in frustration given how difficult the game already is. Some scenarios are just soul crushingly hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

PaybackJack posted:

I think it's pretty good but I never play the thing, I just can't do the solo thing and prefer competitive LCGs with friends. If you have a good friend that you game with all the time, or don't mind playing solo yourself I think there's a lot of value there. Some of the scenarios seem like you have to build decks in a certain way to beat them, in terms of spheres and combinations of heroes, so I think the challenge is more in the tuning that leads to beating a scenario and I don't know if you'd have as much fun replaying it, but I think some people certainly might. Sounds like an exercise in frustration given how difficult the game already is. Some scenarios are just soul crushingly hard.
Hm, thanks. So is the game mostly in the deck design to beat a given scenario? Are you just hunting for the One True Deck that will get you through a scenario, or does player skill play a big role?