Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

caligulamprey posted:

Hell yeah! No more records in moving boxes like a hobo with bad taste!

I'm all about the rubbermaid plastic tubs personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I'm normally not one to go out of my way for a bootleg, but this album loving rules.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

Sockser posted:

So I've just found out that there was an early bird edition of American Football - American Football Deluxe printed on yellow and green, and the only copy I can find for sale is $100 on eBay.

I know one of you fuckers is sad as hell like I am and I need every edition of this record that exists so please sell it to me for a reasonable amount so I can be one step closer to that goal.

Polyvinyl had a few copies on Friday. You missed out on it, sorry dude.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Animale posted:

Let's just forget...

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Animale posted:

Yeah, that's how I found out. I figured I could just order it when I got home from work, not realizing that there was only like 2 copies in stock

beer pal
Mar 30, 2010

anyone want some download codes here u go

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I grabbed the Haxan Cloak. I've never heard of Haxan Cloak, but the name intrigued me. Thanks!

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I grabbed Visionist Safe. Says the code should be good for two more downloads.

And the Haxan Cloak one, grabbed that to see that I could. It didn't mention a limit.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

beer pal posted:

I already have what I need from those, but I just want to say that I like your taste.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

beer pal posted:

Got Garden of Delete cause yeah, I can enjoy pop music everyone and a while.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

WASDF posted:

Got Garden of Delete cause yeah, I can enjoy pop music everyone and a while.

sure lets call it that

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
I know the first posts answered this question but they were from 2011.

My father wants to get into listening to vinyl and wants a decent turntable for christmas. Seeing if you guys have any input on one in the $150-300 range. Also how essential an external pre-amp is and recommendations for those as well if the quality difference is noticeable.

I'm sure this gets answered often so if it was recently let me know and I'll just backtrack in the thread. Thanks!

edit: Just found probably a more appropriate thread to ask this in IYG.

the Gaffe fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Dec 8, 2015

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

the Gaffe posted:

I know the first posts answered this question but they were from 2011.

My father wants to get into listening to vinyl and wants a decent turntable for christmas. Seeing if you guys have any input on one in the $150-300 range. Also how essential an external pre-amp is and recommendations for those as well if the quality difference is noticeable.

I'm sure this gets answered often so if it was recently let me know and I'll just backtrack in the thread. Thanks!

edit: Just found probably a more appropriate thread to ask this in IYG.

The Audio Technica ATLP-120 is where it's at. It's basically a Technics 1200 clone, the only major difference being that it's not build as much like a brick poo poo house, but assuming you don't have any intentions on bouncing off the table I thin you'll be fine. I've had one for six or seven years and it works great. The stock cart on them is also better than what it was when I got mine. I don't know if you get better sound with an external preamp vs the built in one, I use an external, but the ATLP-120 does come with a built in preamp.It retails for 250 dollars, though you may be able to find one for 200 if you look in the right place.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
^

Thanks for the input. That was the number one table on Amazon and some best-of lists, so good to hear some personal experience.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Across Tundras/Lark's Tongue split. Bought this because it was on sale and I liked the art. Not completely my jam, but the Lark's Tongue stuff was pretty good. Nice packaging, too.

All Them Witches - Lighting At the Door. Went and saw these guys on Saturday night, they were great. Had to pick something up from them. I am disappointed they didn't fill my number, though. How am I supposed to know what rank out of 500 I am?!

Forn/Yautja split 7". Love this little disc. Not my favorite Yautja song ever, but it still rips. And Forn is as bleak as ever. Features the wonderfully colorful nightmare artwork of our very own goon Friends Are Evil/Brandon Geurts!

Forn - Weltschmerz. Great new EP from these guys. As always, the artwork on their stuff is fantastic, not just the jacket but the insert as well. Really melds well with the tone of the music. And, of course, Gilead does a great job with their releases.

Wronkos
Jan 1, 2011

Saw this at my local store a while back and picked it up because of my love for the Residents and the ridiculous cover art. It ended up not being that great, but I'm still happy with the purchase.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Finally got my Black Friday $20 Kallax.

Didn't think I'd fill it up so easily. Glad I got a spare one!

Sorry for the lovely picture, but in my defense, you guys can't make fun of my tastes if you can't read the spines.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Wronkos posted:

ended up not being that great

:(

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Tiny Engines has a 4 LP for $20 grab bag available right now. Only 50 made though so order quick.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

TubeStank posted:

Tiny Engines has a 4 LP for $20 grab bag available right now. Only 50 made though so order quick.

Was gonna post about this. A buddy told me about it and I grabbed one, despite not having heard of a single band they have signed. Should be a fun Xmas gift for myself though.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Stan Taylor posted:

Was gonna post about this. A buddy told me about it and I grabbed one, despite not having heard of a single band they have signed. Should be a fun Xmas gift for myself though.

Lots of good punk on the label!

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

I still find it absolutely incredible that their version of Satisfaction charted in the UK.

Great single, though. Is there a Residents thread? There certainly should be.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Boinks posted:

Finally got my Black Friday $20 Kallax.

Didn't think I'd fill it up so easily. Glad I got a spare one!

Sorry for the lovely picture, but in my defense, you guys can't make fun of my tastes if you can't read the spines.

Got mine set up too!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Coffins - The Fleshland. Went for the B&W version of this one.

Nails - Abandon All Life. Repress of this nasty bastard. For some reason they did it in 33RPM this time, whereas the first pressing was in 45RPM. Wouldn't that mean making new plates? The old ones must have been destroyed, if so. They didn't bother redoing the labels, though, because it still says 45RPM on them.

Black Breath - Slaves Beyond Death. What more is there to say?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Soundtrack from Fez, one of my favorite games of all time, and a great soundtrack to boot. The cover art is all right, and I guess they're too good to put anything on the spine, so I'll have to write the name on there myself. But the album sounds great.

ColdPie fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 15, 2015

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

If you're a metal person like me, then you might be interested in the grab bag deal Relapse is doing right now. All of their releases this year were pressed on silver vinyl for their 25th anniversary, and they are doing 3/$25 and 5/$40 grab bags of the silver vinyl versions. Pretty good prices to take a chance on what you might get. I'm just hoping I don't get any repeats of what I already got this year.

http://www.relapse.com/view-all/?artist=111111

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Anyone got me beat?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Boinks posted:

Anyone got me beat?

It would have been so much better if you had all of these except Whipped Cream.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

CPL593H posted:

It would have been so much better if you had all of these except Whipped Cream.

Sorry, I'm not very good at trolling.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Me and a friend were having a weird conversation that somehow got to the idea of bringing Jimi Hendrix back to life in order to make a Christmas album.

Needless to say I now both know this exists and own a copy.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
So, I'm looking for two albums to complete a collection and I've been striking out so far. Nothing locally, Google's giving me a bunch of websites that used to have them in stock, eBay's got nothing, and Discogs has no sellers. Are there any other resources I could tap?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'd give Gemm a shot.

E- or not. Looks like it shut down? That sucks.

Ee- http://www.musicstack.com

Snowy fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 20, 2015

Wronkos
Jan 1, 2011

Why is Jimi hiding in the bushes from some crusaders?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Snowy posted:

I'd give Gemm a shot.

E- or not. Looks like it shut down? That sucks.

Ee- http://www.musicstack.com

Not much luck there either, but thanks for the tip. It's good to at least be looking somewhere else.

I'm on the lookout for Queer Salutations and Remember Me As A Silhoutte by Teenage Cool Kids in the (unlikely) chance that anyone spots them. Any press/color will do.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

I think I posted about this album being great and then lamenting that the vinyl was out of stock, so..

quote:

Minority Records proudly presents brand-new edition of Floex's (Tomas Dvorak) 14-song soundtrack to the Machinarium point-and-click adventure game by Amanita Design. The 5th edition is the very first edition on 180 gram vinyl, as always pressed on high-quality vinyl by Pallas in Germany. In addition, as many of you asked for in the past, this album is again available on coloured vinyl - on clear orange vinyl, to be exact.

This new edition as all the previous ones contain three 29 x 18 cm art reproductions by Adolf Lachman, but for the first time contain 30 x 30 cm full coloured inlay instead of printed inner sleeve
(in order to keep vinyl protected in polylined inner sleeve) and features a coupon with a code to download FLAC only version of the album.

Also, all orders placed at Minority Records online store http://store.minorityrecords.com receives immediate album download option in FLAC, ALAC and MP3 formats and LP is sent out your way via airmail either the same or the next day (applies to working days).

This is one of my favourite game soundtracks and a legitimately great album in its own right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvDvawzJ3s8

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
I probably paid way too much for this but it's one of my all time favorite albums in the wooooorld.

It's a three panel gatefold that has that cityscape in daytime and on the inside there's the same cityscape at night. Pretty much the same as the CD digipak but more awesome.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUtN1MUB0Gc

Some guy has created a "custom record cataloging LED system"

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Wronkos posted:

Why is Jimi hiding in the bushes from some crusaders?

Believe it or not the back is even more bizarre.

Apparently he took this photo as part of promo for axis in the uk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -