Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

In Right To Rise's defence - Trump's lawyer started it.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

IANAL but shouldn't you avoid putting "my client asked me to break campaign finance law" in writing

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
IANAL is the worst abbreviation I've seen.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
We will send the government institution that we've spent decades trying to undermine after you! You'll never figure out all the loopholes we brazenly use year after year! Nya ha!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Louisgod posted:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Do what if the democrats on the committee block the action because gently caress you

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I'm glad Trump's lawyers are just as slick and sleazy as is intuitive.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm sort of a fan of the idea that Trump is using OODA loops ( http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-way-of-the-doofus-warrior ) and I think stuff like this which wastes resources and time of Jeb is part of it. I have a tendency to want things to be more interesting than they actually are though, Trump could just be winging all of this.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

My goodness, it's almost like that's how foreign policy loving works.

Gee, that's just what we need--foreign policy to be run at the state level! :v:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Pinterest Mom posted:

IANAL but shouldn't you avoid putting "my client asked me to break campaign finance law" in writing

Arguably defamatory ads harm Trump in ways other than his campaign, so his legal team at the company should defend against them to protect the brand.

But I also ANAL.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Chris Cillizza makes a good point in this article yesterday, that I hadn't fully realized.

The Republican Primary goes from South Carolina (plus a dumb Nevada caucus that usually gets ignored a few days later) to a super Tuesday that is absolutely dominated by southern states a week later.

More than any other cycle, this primary is going to be decided by the South and the deep south will be playing a much bigger roll then they've ever played before.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

DynamicSloth posted:

Chris Cillizza makes a good point in this article yesterday, that I hadn't fully realized.

The Republican Primary goes from South Carolina (plus a dumb Nevada caucus that usually gets ignored a few days later) to a super Tuesday that is absolutely dominated by southern states a week later.

More than any other cycle, this primary is going to be decided by the South and the deep south will be playing a much bigger roll then they've ever played before.

this is unbelievably exciting news for the Jeb! campaign!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Louisgod posted:

IANALITWAIS.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obama about to implement background checks, and earn himself an impeachment from the worst pieces of poo poo ever elected to national office.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Isn't it crazy how Republicans still exist

I mean, like, there are young people today who are fully aware of what they represent and stances are, and yet they still support them

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

DynamicSloth posted:

So the primary will be decided by the cast of Justified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWSr-7h0o7Y

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Gibberish posted:

Isn't it crazy how Republicans still exist

I mean, like, there are young people today who are fully aware of what they represent and stances are, and yet they still support them

Young people are not immune to rightward political views I fear.

Louisgod posted:

Please don't kink shame. :(

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obummer

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-tells-syrian-refugee-youre-part-makes/story?id=35689659

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, "When it comes to foreign policy, he wants as much power in Washington as possible." ~ Ted Cruz, on Marco Rubio.

Can we put to rest the notion that Ted Cruz is somehow brilliant just because he is an idiot savant w/r/t to making legal arguments

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

"fool hearted"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Was Vinick even running against anyone? He seemed to have the nomination wrapped up inside a week

He was running against the crazy evangelical preacher who picked his VP and John Goodman.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 10, 2015

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also 8 years of Obama in the White House have shrunk the middle class to under 50% of households.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Call me

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Was Vinick even running against anyone? He seemed to have the nomination wrapped up inside a week

Reverend Butler, though he did have him beat pretty quick compared to the Dem contest which went down to the convention due to Santos' insurgency.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

He was running against the crazy evangelical preacher who picked his VP and John Goodman.

I thought he went with the West Virginian governor for VP because Butler turned him down for VP over their clashing abortion positions?

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Also 8 years of Obama in the White House have shrunk the middle class to under 50% of households.

Oh yeah, this is just because of Obama and not at all a 40-year trend.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Reverend Butler, though he did have him beat pretty quick compared to the Dem contest which went down to the convention due to Santos' insurgency.

I thought he went with the West Virginian governor for VP because Butler turned him down for VP over their clashing abortion positions?

this i actually remember, the crazy pastor dude was hammering him on abortion and demanded he get to pick the VP to stop. he picked some evangelical governor that told the fundies to shut the gently caress up and wait until either vinnick died or hit term limits

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
This get posted here?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/10/us/politics/after-making-enemies-ted-cruz-works-at-making-friends.html

quote:

Elsewhere, though, Mr. Cruz’s disposition has rarely been described warmly. A college roommate has said he would prefer as president anyone else in the United States, chosen at random from a phone book. In 2013, three months into Mr. Cruz’s tenure, Foreign Policy magazine identified him as both “the most hated man in the Senate” and “the human equivalent of one of those flower-squirters that clowns wear on their lapels.”

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

if i was a muslim in the US id feel genuinely terrified of all this poo poo

Or angry as hell. This election and its lowbrow, low-effort Republican candidates have done more to radicalize people of all countries and classes toward violent hate crime and likely bring on a major war than anything I've seen in my life.

Unrelated: I had a theory a couple years ago that the forms of networking being promoted by big phone, in combination with Twitter, etc. was going to have a bad effect on us, and I think this is one contributing factor to how we got here. The fast that the Donald, the Twitter candidate, doesn't have to ever engage in honest dialogue with anybody is just the most blatant example.

A more common but less obvious one would be most posts on this forum and virtually any website's comments sections. The way everybody has to incorporate something memetastic or volatile in their post in hopes of garnering some tiny bit of everybody's increasingly scattered attention span really says it all.

It's a mental virus and I'm infected too, having actually used the "cuck" meme once or twice, which I now regret. Anybody preoccupied with "cucking" is just broadcasting how impotent and weak he is. Only an emotional cripple thinks cuckholding somebody for its own sake is a desirable thing. It's about the worst meme to come around over the past few years. But it demonstrates how isolated everyone's become.

Mastodon's "Oblivion" puts our plight pretty succinctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6WGNd8QR-U

Also, the shitheads that apparently developed their social skills from stuff like griefing in online games, and taunting in FPS games, just as another example.

Random Shitposter posted:

You just don't get it, do you?
No, I don't. At this point I'm just staring in disbelief. I didn't like George Carlin all that much but I've got to agree with him; You people are sick. As a collective body, America is sick. I can't decide if the Donald is a boil on America's rear end or is its eruption, but what keeps pouring out of the mouths of him and basically all the Republican candidates for president in '16 is infected blood and puss.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

SnakePlissken posted:

Or angry as hell. This election and its lowbrow, low-effort Republican candidates have done more to radicalize people of all countries and classes toward violent hate crime and likely bring on a major war than anything I've seen in my life.

Unrelated: I had a theory a couple years ago that the forms of networking being promoted by big phone, in combination with Twitter, etc. was going to have a bad effect on us, and I think this is one contributing factor to how we got here. The fast that the Donald, the Twitter candidate, doesn't have to ever engage in honest dialogue with anybody is just the most blatant example.

Donald Trump is the most honest Republican I've ever seen outside my extended white-trash family at thanksgiving. He's saying the things that Republicans actually loving believe (AND ALWAYS loving HAVE SINCE LBJ) and throwing out the dog-whistle. This is honest dialogue man. This is more honesty from Republicans than I've ever seen.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

The fact that the republicans have seemingly re-aligned behind his 'ban all the muslims' rhetoric is what's the most chilling.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Full Battle Rattle posted:

The fact that the republicans have seemingly re-aligned behind his 'ban all the muslims' rhetoric is what's the most chilling.

Well, Paul Ryan, Reince Priebus, most of the candidates condemned it. It might not have hurt his relationship with many average Republican voters.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Yes, let's have our retarded law firm bait Trump into suing us. Then we can sit around wondering why we're spending so much time and money on our retarded law firm, defending this lawsuit filed against us which they provoked, rather than putting that same time and money towards our core cause -- direct donations towards conservative candidates. But hey, at least our retarded law firm got in some good burns on Trump in a memo even if they did throw professional ethics out the window!

Lawyer writes angry and passive agressive post about people saying that lawyers can write angry and passive aggresive letters ITT

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

hipster metal is more of a sign of the end times than a thousand cuck memes put together

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

i really hope that cruz comes out of this with the nomination, because nothing would make me happier than the entire country spending 6 months realizing how much they hate this guy and telling him how much they hate him.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...a43c_story.html

quote:

Finally, Luntz asked for a thought experiment: To imagine incontrovertible proof that Clinton would win if Trump split the vote. Only then did the group agree to vote Republican over Trump.

“In that scenario, sure,” said a middle-aged participant named Michael. “But that won’t happen. Trump would win.”

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

quote:

Frank Luntz, the Republican media consultant who had put together this focus group, watched the dials turn down. On a scale of zero to 100, the ad’s effectiveness never got above 20. It did not help that the ad was produced for Gov. John Kasich (R-Ohio), a candidate no one in the group supported.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

quote:

The dials turned higher — because the audience was laughing along with Trump.

So shall we all. So shall we all.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
every hitler post is converting another person to trump

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obama was genuinely idiotic for taking off his flag pin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That focus group is utterly insane but they all voted for Romney in 2012 which means they will be good boys and girls and vote R even if it's Jeb Bush winning the nom

• Locked thread