Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Hey millennials, you know what makes Christmas caroling even more fun?

:ghost: Dressing up as ghosts! :ghost:

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/30715880/photos-shows-citadel-cadets-dressed-in-klan-attire-singing-christmas-carols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

speshl guy posted:

You can't operate a touch screen with gloved fingers. A true millennial would know that.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

dislike

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Christ almighty if Bill Gates knew how badly brands would try to directly interact with consumers through staged uncanny dialogue he never would have invented the internet.

I bet they maintain a twitter account so they can make an unpaid intern talk directly to everyone who isn't buying their pathetic product.

Edit: Yep

https://twitter.com/glovelyglove
https://twitter.com/mujjostore
https://twitter.com/theagloves
https://twitter.com/urpowered
And best of all: https://twitter.com/nanotip

"Hey everyone! I'm the anthropomorphic version of a bottle of glue that makes gloves operate touch screens! The world definitely needs 5 different competing brands of touch screen gloves! We follow back!"

speshl guy fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 10, 2015

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

speshl guy posted:

You can't operate a touch screen with gloved fingers. A true millennial would know that.

A real true millenial would have a pair of conductive gloves for just this situation.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

brands that sell clothes that allow people to participate in social media also participate in social media, news at 11

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFzKi-o4rHw

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

There are six thousand companies that make t-shirts, why is it surprising that five companies make conductive gloves? That's called capitalism

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this parody hits close to home

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Leroy Dennui posted:

I had Chipotle today, it was pretty good, hope I don't poo poo my innards from e. coli or norovirus.

youre stupidif u think ChiCraple is good

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

lol @ the black guy at the end. like, "this is the white woman everyone's been talking about?"

i cant comment as to whether black women are better or worse with phone pictures tho.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Efexeye posted:

brands that sell clothes that allow people to participate in social media also participate in social media, news at 11

To be honest though, unsolicited brand interaction has brought about some of the funniest moments in the past year.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/mynypd

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/aaG9hXz.jpg :nws:

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

LegoPirateNinja posted:

lol @ the black guy at the end. like, "this is the white woman everyone's been talking about?"

yah bro lol great interpretation lol br

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

speshl guy posted:

The gloves with the capacitance transmitting pads usually have the pads on the thumb and index finger, both of which are obscured in the photo.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Social media is a relatively new marketing channel and there's a bad combination of old people who don't understand technology and young people that don't understand marketing trying to use it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Efexeye posted:

Social media is a relatively new marketing channel and there's a bad combination of old people who don't understand technology and young people that don't understand marketing trying to use it.

Twitter is a terrible medium for any marketing anyways, at least compared the easily curated Facebook.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Twitter is a terrible medium for any marketing anyways, at least compared the easily curated Facebook.

yah but isis has got their twitter game down

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Efexeye posted:

that's a really elegant way to validate some dude at US Airways tweeting a pic of a woman with an airplane in her pussy

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

gently caress da Mods posted:

youre stupidif u think ChiCraple is good

I know changing names to sound like bodily functions isn't a millennial thing, but perhaps doing it after 6th grade and doing it badly but thinking it's awesome is a millennial thing.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

speshl guy posted:

that's a really elegant way to validate some dude at US Airways tweeting a pic of a woman with an airplane in her pussy

that doesn't stop it from being true?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

joat mon posted:

I know changing names to sound like bodily functions isn't a millennial thing, but perhaps doing it after 6th grade and doing it badly but thinking it's awesome is a millennial thing.

yah after i posted i rrealized ChiPOOtle would be way better thank u for that window

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gently caress da Mods posted:

yah after i posted i rrealized ChiPOOtle would be way better thank u for that window
you're getting there

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

The gloves with the capacitance transmitting pads usually have the pads on the thumb and index finger, both of which are obscured in the photo.

if the thread the gloves are woven out of is conductive then they don't need special pads which is probably what's going on there did you see the colors on the fingertips?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Efexeye posted:

and thank god for that

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

mr. mephistopheles posted:

and thank god for that

it has made for some really funny poo poo, for sure

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the gently caress am i looking at, a Blu-Ray Forum?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

This looks like something you might find on SA

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

symbolic posted:

you're getting there

im there bro

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
183 threads discussing blue ray covers?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

n m

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

withak posted:

183 threads discussing blue ray covers?

Im guessing its :filez: related.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Hobbyists obsessing over minutiae? Simply shocking, imo.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Moderators: 23.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

proof of concept posted:

if the thread the gloves are woven out of is conductive then they don't need special pads which is probably what's going on there did you see the colors on the fingertips?

And I thought the first post was nerdy enough...

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

My work gloves are so saturated with old sweat that they perfectly mimic the capacitance of my skin, it's pretty sweet

The only drawback is that they make my hands stink

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

radiatinglines posted:

My work gloves are so saturated with old sweat that they perfectly mimic the capacitance of my skin, it's pretty sweet

goon.txt

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

radiatinglines posted:

Take care of your dick beaters this Christmas and stop being a filthy goon.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

goon.txt

A person who has a physical job that requires thick gloves that make his hands sweat, such a GOON LOL :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

A person who has a physical job that requires thick gloves that make his hands sweat, such a GOON LOL :D
They didnt say any of that.

• Locked thread