Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

:siren: The Great Goon Giveaway Part Four :siren:

You may have come to A Shutup Wesley Christmas and you may have even made it to The Great Goon Giveaway Part Deux, or even The Great Goon Giveaway Part Three but chances are you haven't even heard of any of those events and are in fact a disgusting space poor, wallowing in poverty. In any case, I'm pleased to invite you to our holiday party, conveniently scheduled on Saturday, December 19th at 3pm PST (23:00GMT). This should make it the afternoon for the US, evening for Europe, and some hosed up time Sunday morning for Australia (lol get rekt you aussie fucks.) This year's party includes 75 lobi/lockbox/promo ships, 25 plasmonic leeches, and 4,800 superior upgrade techs. If you can't make the party, there are forum events that will be judged before the party starts, so you've got plenty of time to make an entry and if you win, you have a chance to claim your prize from the pool before anyone else!

To answer trivia questions and yell obscenities at other party goers use the channel: "WesleyChristmas"
All events and trivia questions will be announced via the alternate channel "WesleyAnnounce"

Join them both now and make them different colors so you can easily pick out announcements!

Check our mirror thread in the official forums here

Featured Events Include:
  1. Forum Events
  2. Where's Wesley
  3. Shuttle PvP
  4. Trivia
  5. Costume Contests
  6. Tactical Racing

Forum Events
  • Fanfic Bonanza: The last we saw him, Wesley was abandoning a spoonhead attack on an Indian reservation to climb into a spooky stranger's windowless space van. Regale us with a tale recounting one of the untold adventures of Wesley Crusher and The Traveler! (500 words minimum).

• Grand Prize: Lobi/Lockbox ship of your choice
    • 2nd Place Prize: [Console Pack - Ionized Gas Sensor / Plasmonic Leech]
    • 3rd Place Prize: [Console Pack - Ionized Gas Sensor / Plasmonic Leech]

• Starship Barbie: Everyone loves to kitbash and paint up their starships. Show off your best effort with a screenshot!

• 1st Place Prize: Lobi/Lockbox ship of your choice
    • 2nd Place Prize: Lobi/Lockbox ship of your choice
    • 3rd Place Prize: Lobi/Lockbox ship of your choice

• Party Screenshot Competition: Did you make it to the party, but not win anything? Or maybe you did and you're looking to earn more loot? Share your screenshots of the party with us after the fact for a last chance to earn prizes!

• Grand Prize: Herald Ship Pack (Quas, Baltim, & Vonph)
    • 2nd Place Prize: Lobi/Lockbox ship of your choice

Where's Wesley

Four Shutup Wesley characters will be hidden throughout the known galaxy and at the time of the event their names and locations will be revealed. The first player to find each one and open (and keep open) a trade window with them will receive a fabulous prize pack:
  • A Herald Ship Pack - A Quas Flight Deck Cruiser, A Baltim Baltim Raider, and A Vonph Dreadnought Carrier
Shuttle PvP

Two 10v10 matches will be run. Show up in your best shuttlecraft and join the match. The entire winning team will each receive a lobi/lockbox ship of their choice, awarded in descending order of score according to the post-match leaderboard. Perform better to get a better chance at the ship you really want! If there is enough interest, a third match can be organized with Plasmonic Leech prizes for the winners.

Trivia - Correctly answer a question for a prize of one full stack (100) of Superior Tech Upgrades of your choice!
  • TOS/TAS/TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT Trivia
  • Star Trek Online Trivia
  • DJO Trivia
  • And more!
Costume Contests - Show us your mastery of the tailor!
  • Striped Sweaters - The best looking Wesley Crusher wins!

• Grand Prize: Herald Ship Pack (Quas, Baltim, & Vonph)
    • 2nd Place Prize: Lobi/Lockbox Ship of your choice

• For Science! - Come dressed as your favorite real or fictional scientist!

• Grand Prize: Krenim Ship Pack (Krenim Warship, Zahl Cruiser, Annorax)

• Post Apocalypse - Come dressed as your favorite post-apocalyptic hero... or villain!

• Grand Prize: Jem'Hadar Ship Pack (JHDC, JHHEC, JHSS)

• Best Head Of State - Come dressed as your favorite world leader!

• Grand Prize: Elachi Ship Pack (S'golth, Monbosh, Sheshar [Intel])

• MY IMMERSION - Come dressed as your favorite non-STO game protagonist

• Grand Prize: Krenim Ship Pack (Krenim Warship, Zahl Cruiser, Annorax)

• Best Overall - Make the best costume you can come up with!

• 1st Place Prize: Lobi/Lockbox Ship of your choice

• Worst Overall - Literally the worst tailoring abomination you can create!

• 1st Place Prize: Lobi/Lockbox Ship of your choice

Tactical Racing

Whether you loved or hated it, you definitely remember this event, if you've been to one of our parties before. Slap on some Frosted Boots and line up for a race! Playing dirty is encouraged so bring your cover shields or any other obstacles you want to throw at your competitors. Winner will receive any remaining ship of their choice or a plasmonic leech crate (whatever's left).

So make sure you've got your costumes created in advance and get ready to have some fun!

Hope to see you there,

The Members of Shutup Wesley

Premium ships are limited in supply, although there is at least one of each, choices will dwindle as the event goes on.The event will begin with Where's Wesley and end with the Races, with trivia being asked in between events. For specifics on the prize pool, check here.

Mondian fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Black space does not spell out a naughty word, 0/10.

AotC
May 16, 2010

Mondian posted:

Event poo poo here

RIP Meet the Devs! and One of Them costume contests

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Wesleys never fail to delight. I can't make it to the event but you can bet your arses I'll be delivering some premium fanfic and screenshot content.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's the happiest time of the year. Last year was great, hopefully we'll have even better entries this time. :toot:

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

We have a skull in our logo... Are we the baddies?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Fortunately, our enemies march under the banner of a rat's anus, so there's nothing to worry about.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tunicate posted:

Black space does not spell out a naughty word, 0/10.

Empty space? That guy who leaked our contra farming secrets really set back our charity efforts.

Da Mott Man posted:

We have a skull in our logo... Are we the baddies?

We're more the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Mondian posted:

Fortunately, our enemies march under the banner of a rat's anus, so there's nothing to worry about.
Free Anus

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Unguided posted:

Empty space? That guy who leaked our contra farming secrets really set back our charity efforts.

Have painstakingly corrected into more pleasing configuration

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Praise be.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nice job. Four lights out of five.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Was just in a race with some sort of nabreeki clone

And this awful pubbie.

Yes, yes, she ties up prisoners and abuses them, sometimes sexually, but those Guantanamo Bay comparisons are totally uncalled for.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Dec 10, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
The gently caress

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Tunicate posted:

And this awful pubbie.

Yes, yes, she ties up prisoners and abuses them, sometimes sexually, but those Guantanamo Bay comparisons are totally uncalled for.

Thanks for the fanfic inspiration.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Tunicate posted:

And this awful pubbie.

I think I know where Wesley Crusher and the Traveler are gonna be found.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Tokaii's house.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty good chance that I'm going to miss the main event so I might try writing some godawful Wesley/Traveller fanfic when I get the time.

Just post them here once we do them or a link to a pastebin?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Here or the official thread, if you want.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You should pay to have someone Tattoo it on your back in a Gothic font on a scroll or something then take pictures and post them here.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I live in awful aussie land, so I submit my entry for Starship Barbies.

Aegis shields are kind of cheating for looking rad, but my tor'kaht/ vorkang kitbash looks pretty cool in any light.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
No notice change in today's patch:

code:
The maximum amount of Campaign XP a player may earn within a 20 hour period (daily) has been adjusted to 10,000 per Campaign.
    This amount includes the Daily Campaign XP Bonus.
    All other Admiralty rewards remain unaffected by this change, and can continue to be earned after the 10,000 Campaign XP is reached.
I've already finished both campaigns so this is :shrug: for me, but are people really blowing through them faster than Cryptic intended ? (Wouldn't surprise me at all)

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah the entire system is crazy profitable if you have a couple of good ships, why they give a poo poo about that particular thing I don't know since it's finite but meh, as long as they don't kill it like doffing I'm cool with whatever.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah they probably wanted it to take a month or two and didn't realize it would take less than a week with a good roster.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Yeah, I blew through UFP in only a week or so. About two for the KDF side of it and that was mainly lack of interest.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Axe-man posted:

get that OR 10 lobi. Lets see the drop rates on those :negative:
I got one out of 40, in the 27th box. That doesn't seem so bad, but maybe I just got lucky.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

The bling the Aegis shield provides just isn't pink enough for me.

edited for size!

Dick Bass fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 11, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dick Bass posted:

The bling the Aegis shield provides just isn't pink enough for me.

edited for size!

Ooo, the Klank red Aegis would go amazingly with my pink vette.

DataDyne
Oct 6, 2005

Happy as a birb can be.
Dhael/Dhelan kitbash.

Didn't need to use Aegis, managed to make the colour scheme metallic, woops. Did a few colour schemes but Gold/Purple was the best looking of them all.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

My Sheshar, equipped with the Terran set. I don't think I can really compare to the people who have the Risa boats and their unlimited rainbow of paint jobs, but I think it looks nice :shobon:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
https://na.alienwarearena.com/

Get a free Peregrine fighter. Make sure you login or it will just show as no keys available.

Once logged in you be able to get a key to redeem it on the arcgames site.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Burning_Monk posted:

https://na.alienwarearena.com/

Get a free Peregrine fighter. Make sure you login or it will just show as no keys available.

Once logged in you be able to get a key to redeem it on the arcgames site.
This page still works for code redemption: https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem/

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
grandnagus1, the pubbie with the "nyarrr nyarrrr gotcha :smug:" behavioral tic was doing his passive aggressive shitposting in the wesley xmas thread,

forum mod told him "Cheer up, mr. Grinch."

he responded:

an irresistible compulsion to act like this posted:

Hey, I'm not the one calling other people silly names. It sounds like you are the one that needs to cheer up

like half the poo poo this poor guy posts are like that.

It's some kind of tic or compulsion.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Dec 11, 2015

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Spelling must not be one of those lessonss.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 11, 2015

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Buschmaki posted:

There are lots of Nbreeki clones running around these days. The official term coined for a group of breekis gathering in one place is a "beard" after five of us wound up on Risa.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Second Sun posted:

Aegis shields are kind of cheating for looking rad

Great for celebrating Christmas, too.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Dec 11, 2015

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gather 'round the CE trophy and sing some traditional Klingon carols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

hakimashou posted:

grandnagus1, the pubbie with the "nyarrr nyarrrr gotcha :smug:" behavioral tic was doing his passive aggressive shitposting in the wesley xmas thread,...:words:
Not sure if he thinks going after the moderators is constructive but I do hope he's around long enough to carve the roast beast.

Mondian posted:

Forum Events
  • Fanfic Bonanza: The last we saw him, Wesley was abandoning a spoonhead attack on an Indian reservation to climb into a spooky stranger's windowless space van. Regale us with a tale recounting one of the untold adventures of Wesley Crusher and The Traveler! (500 words minimum).
I'm really looking forward to the Star Trek Online/Mad Max crossover.

Another interesting challenge would be to do a write-up of the events (what they were, how they transpired and who won), something that could be referenced in the future.

Buschmaki posted:

Here's some more:

EDIT:
Collected some testimonials from the last thread if anyone wants to copy paste it somewhere for advertisement:
code:
"pretty fun; it'd be cool if the company did such things on occasion during the Livestreams" -breadandcircuses
"those few hours doing stuff were more fun than the whole time I've spent doing DR stuff" -mimey2
"I can honestly say this was the most fun I have had in STO for the past year, and certainly one of the best managed events I have seen in the game." -gazurtoid
"Had a blast!" -locutusofcactus
"Thanks Shutup Wesley !!!" -bones1970
"I had a lot of fun and definitely would love if you hosted one of these during every season :D." -knuhteb5
"Wesley Christmas was the best STO event ever and I thoroughly enjoyed it." -zaichal
"This was a great event. I had a lot of fun." -jordaius
"Had a great time, people! Kudos to Shut Up Wesley for putting on such a fine Community Event." -thunderfoot006
"hope this was the first of many to follow =)" -naomy1701
"the few people that are against stealing and disrupting normal approved gameplay." -wildboar

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Dec 11, 2015

• Locked thread