Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

HebrewMagic posted:

Would you want anything in game for it, or should I get the chapstick ready?
If you wanna add my BH, Sakarian, go for it.

Judging by how common they are, I probably wouldn't get much for them anyway - enjoy the gift. I'll send it when I get home from work later tonight. Happy Channukah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Verranicus posted:

Can't wait for the flood of "I didn't know!!" posts on reddit and the forums.

Y'know like the entire time I've been on SA I've always heard that every game's non-SA communities are basically the worst ever and the dregs of humanity but now, having gotten back into TOR and being a casual Reddit browser it totally rings true. The TOR subreddit is an absolute cesspool, it's incredible.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Waffles Inc. posted:

Y'know like the entire time I've been on SA I've always heard that every game's non-SA communities are basically the worst ever and the dregs of humanity but now, having gotten back into TOR and being a casual Reddit browser it totally rings true. The TOR subreddit is an absolute cesspool, it's incredible.

Is what led me to join SA, back in my eve days. I just stick around for the sparkling conversation.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Waffles Inc. posted:

well, reddit is generally a cesspool of negativity wrapped in a "this is the biggest community so obviously this is the best" attitude among the people who participate.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Telex posted:

well, reddit is generally a cesspool of negativity wrapped in a "this is the biggest community so obviously this is the best" attitude among the people who participate.

And because it's so big, it is naturally good at drawing more people to it, which means some genuinely useful info winds up there. Shame it's so drat hard to find, though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

prefect posted:

And because it's so big, it is naturally good at drawing more people to it, which means some genuinely useful info winds up there. Shame it's so drat hard to find, though.

I've only ever browsed Reddit when a Google search has led me to a Reddit thread

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I sure love the 1st day of pricing on the GTN after a new pack. Based on some of the prices for common stuff, there's a lot of optimists out there.

On the other hand, if you want one of the new (more common) jetpacks, they're at 750k and going down right now.

As expected, the Malgus stuff is the most expensive at around 5-6 million for a full set.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
How much are the kitty cats?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

How much are the kitty cats?

Cheap. I got one for like sub 400k

Oh wait, no, the Nexu? I didn't look. I thought you meant the vrake thing with the wings.

E: Nexu is currently 15+ million

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 10, 2015

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

nonentity posted:

hm.

I'll see what I can whip up, but they are SO similar, I feel we'd get a backlash of "WHY SO MANY BLUE CRYSTALS YOU SUCK BIOFAIL THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE"

But I will look into it.
You guys get that response from everything you do, so don't let it stop you.

Hulk Smash! posted:

On the other hand, if you want one of the new (more common) jetpacks, they're at 750k and going down right now.
I've wanted one for my BH since I found out they were in the game, but I'm a space poor so this makes me happy.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

speaking of reddit, there are some fine examples of humanity on there who either

a) laundered "billions" through alts using VPN's that now claim to want to "fix' the GTN for the future and set prices to turn that into hundreds of billions, essentially getting a 7 day ban on their main character that had nothing left on it more or less, while they have alts that were untouched by any action thus far

and

b) already wealthy people who are now complaining that bioware is taking away ALL their money and companion influence since they exploited just to max out their companions.

There's a solid middle ground of people who didn't use vpn's or alts and somehow exepected nothing to happen that are now never gonna play the game again.

It does seem like (at least from the whiners) that the people who spend more actual money on the game are getting significantly more lenient bans and in some cases not getting their money/companions/inventory touched.

So hey, good reason to blow cash on the game next time there's an exploit. I'd take the risk on a 72hr ban honestly since it doesn't seem like anyone's actually getting permanently banned and they're not doing much of a job tracing where the money went if it wasn't on gifts.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I think I missed something pretty important: The GTN said it had sold one of my boxes but there were no attached credits to it. Like an idiot I deleted the mail without reading it because it was just a GTN mail. Where did the cash go. :what:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

Cheap. I got one for like sub 400k

Oh wait, no, the Nexu? I didn't look. I thought you meant the vrake thing with the wings.

E: Nexu is currently 15+ million

Wow. Well, I have no doubt it'll drop, but if I can get 9-10 million for the Nexu I'll consider myself lucky.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pierson posted:

I think I missed something pretty important: The GTN said it had sold one of my boxes but there were no attached credits to it. Like an idiot I deleted the mail without reading it because it was just a GTN mail. Where did the cash go. :what:

You get a notification message an hour before you get the cash message. However the cash message automatically deletes the notification one, so if you've never been on during that hour you would never know.

It's okay to delete the notification, you won't lose anything.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pierson posted:

If there is money attached to an in-game mail, you'll get an extra confirmation dialogue when you try to delete it. It's saved me a few times.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Wow. Well, I have no doubt it'll drop, but if I can get 9-10 million for the Nexu I'll consider myself lucky.

Send it to me COD and I'll give you 10 million for it. I'm sure it'll fall below that within a week but I'm a pokemon master.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Send it to me COD and I'll give you 10 million for it. I'm sure it'll fall below that within a week but I'm a pokemon master.

Deal.

Weirdo.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Deal.

Weirdo.

Send it to Nichódemus (alt 162) he's the whale of the crew.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Wow, you have a lot of alts

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Wow, you have a lot of alts

Old joke.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's one of those jokes you just have to make every time.

Like Bees.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

It's one of those jokes you just have to make every time.

Like Bees.

Beads?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Non-entity! The Minas Wasp is awesome, nice work!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

If you screw me, I will hunt you down and kill you post angrily about it here in the forums. :shepface:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

If you screw me, I will hunt you down and kill you post angrily about it here in the forums. :shepface:

Send it COD you noodle head. Literally impossible to get a screwed over that way. :)

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Send it COD you noodle head. Literally impossible to get a screwed over that way. :)

I had no idea mail had a CoD option. Wonderful.

How many credits do you even have where 10 million is a negligible sum?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

I don't know about him but when you reach 100 million, you kinda stop really looking at price as a limiting factor for most things.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Pierson posted:

If anyone wants one of the new Farmhand lightsaber crystals just ask in a couple of days when they un-bind from me and I'll hand one over. :)

Also if anyone has any of the Mandalorian Seeker/Malgus pieces and wants to trade lemme know, I have spares for pretty much all the other sets.

I'll totally take one! :dance:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Last count 110 million. Since I learned the 220 hilt/barrel schematics I can essentially make 2 million profit about 50%+ of the time just buying Dark Matter Catalysts for 1.3 million each and critting.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Fuzz posted:

I'll totally take one! :dance:
In-game name?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Still seriously considering finishing the 1-50 class stories I missed (SW, Femshep, Nolan North, maaaybe evil smuggler) and trying out the new stuff. My understanding is before KOTFE there was a huge (12x?) xp boost which is since gone, but the leveling is very streamlined anyway and as long as I do just about anything other than my class stories I should be fine. My two questions now are: 1) Is there some way to speed this up even more? Do cartel coins still buy you xp boosts? Is that assumed when people say leveling is quick? 2) What should I be expecting, time wise? I'd guess my previous runs from 1-50 when the game first came out took.... 80 hours each? maybe? (I'm bad at guessing time wasted.) Do these reforms make it closer to 40? 20? 10?

thanks guys! I'm coming for the bioware story but the idea of a goonship just might make me wanna be social every now and again.

edit: oh and KotFE has unique class stories, right? I'd loving love to be able to keep going with my Agent, I made a bunch of insane choices with him ( he's the right hand of jadus but also a double agent for the republic) and my head canon (he's a Chiss triple agent trying to keep the war going so the Chiss can expand) has been some of the most fun I've had retconing motivation in a video game

Digital Osmosis fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 10, 2015

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Digital Osmosis posted:

Still seriously considering finishing the 1-50 class stories I missed (SW, Femshep, Nolan North, maaaybe evil smuggler) and trying out the new stuff. My understanding is before KOTFE there was a huge (12x?) xp boost which is since gone, but the leveling is very streamlined anyway and as long as I do just about anything other than my class stories I should be fine. My two questions now are: 1) Is there some way to speed this up even more? Do cartel coins still buy you xp boosts? Is that assumed when people say leveling is quick? 2) What should I be expecting, time wise? I'd guess my previous runs from 1-50 when the game first came out took.... 80 hours each? maybe? (I'm bad at guessing time wasted.) Do these reforms make it closer to 40? 20? 10?

thanks guys! I'm coming for the bioware story but the idea of a goonship just might make me wanna be social every now and again.

edit: oh and KotFE has unique class stories, right? I'd loving love to be able to keep going with my Agent, I made a bunch of insane choices with him ( he's the right hand of jadus but also a double agent for the republic) and my head canon (he's a Chiss triple agent trying to keep the war going so the Chiss can expand) has been some of the most fun I've had retconing motivation in a video game

From what I've heard the story is shared between classes in KOTFE.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Verranicus posted:

From what I've heard the story is shared between classes in KOTFE.

This is correct. Everything past the original class story is the same for all classes (with Imperial and Republic Makeb being different, and SoR onward being a shared story. There is one unique quick story for each class on Rishi, and a few minor flavor comments here and there, but it's basically the same for all characters.

As far as time to get to 65, if you play through the class storyline and do some Heroics/flashpoints/PvP along the way you'll probably hit 65 in 20 hours max.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Yo Alter Ego, what's your in game name? I've got to run off to work now but I'll throw the Malgus lower crate at you when I get home.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mercurius posted:

Yo Alter Ego, what's your in game name? I've got to run off to work now but I'll throw the Malgus lower crate at you when I get home.

Send it to Erstianna. She's my main currently.

What's yours for the Skiff Guard stuff? Is that what we agreed on?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Alter Ego posted:

Send it to Erstianna. She's my main currently.

What's yours for the Skiff Guard stuff? Is that what we agreed on?
Skiff Guard Upper and Mandalorian Supp if you've got it. Mine's Lanero or Hydrona.

I completely forgot about the patch or I'd have been able to send it this morning. If it finishes doing its thing in the next 10 minutes I'll still probably be able to send it.

E: finished patching and sent.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 10, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So if you're Preferred because you were formerly a subscriber, they're letting you have a free level 60 and the first chapter of KOTFE . Not sure if this actually applies to anyone who reads this thread, but thought I'd mention it.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Medullah posted:

This is correct. Everything past the original class story is the same for all classes (with Imperial and Republic Makeb being different, and SoR onward being a shared story. There is one unique quick story for each class on Rishi, and a few minor flavor comments here and there, but it's basically the same for all characters.

As far as time to get to 65, if you play through the class storyline and do some Heroics/flashpoints/PvP along the way you'll probably hit 65 in 20 hours max.

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know! I'll probably subscribe for a bit to finish the class stories and then just pick one character to do the 50-65 stuff with.

Are FPs soloable now or is that only on the later ones? I remembering soloing uh, The Foundry? the imperial one where you fight Reven and it was such an enormous pain in the rear end.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Digital Osmosis posted:

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know! I'll probably subscribe for a bit to finish the class stories and then just pick one character to do the 50-65 stuff with.

Are FPs soloable now or is that only on the later ones? I remembering soloing uh, The Foundry? the imperial one where you fight Reven and it was such an enormous pain in the rear end.

Any flashpoint that is integral to the story now has a "solo mode" which allows you to solo it with the help of a droid that is nearly Indestructible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
So the 4th anniversary event says you can buy a Dromund Kaas house for 4 credits but every time I look at the stronghold terminal it's still 5k. I know 5k isn't poo poo but I only have 18k due to just restarting and I'd prefer to get it for 4, anyone know if this is just a fuckup on their part or is my level 20 not high enough to get the good price or?

BTW I love how they've made heroic 2s easily soloable with your companion, last night I did that one in the Malignant Bog on DK where you have to find the 5 bodies and get the rods and I remember what a stone-cold poo poo-show that was at release and how many times we died to the superpowered sleens and gorillas and poo poo there and it was so, so satisfying to just rip that poo poo to shreds by myself.

I said it earlier in the thread, but if you liked this game once upon a time or you like Star Wars AT ALL you should really pull a JS and pick it back up, they have done a great job of making it feel fun again.

Then again maybe that's just me, now that I'm not trapped in the normal MMO mindset of "Hurry up and level past all the content so you can play the REAL game!" and am instead in the "loving kill poo poo with bad-rear end lightsaber fighting animations" KOTOR mindset.

• Locked thread