Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

Pfff, the Nintendo YXBA layout dates back to 1991. Microsoft are the ones who decided 10 years later to use the same letters in a different layout, blame them.

they just copied the dreamcast controller, suckas should've copied the snes aka the greatest controller ever made

PRADA SLUT posted:

Where do you add people to the friends list?

are you doing this on purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Zore posted:

Both the Heavies are good. Amudaias more for Melee and the other for Ranged. Amudais is also important if you want to run a melee Skell because it comes with the Beam Scythe Right Shoulder weapon which you cannot buy normally, and works loving wonders on a light/medium Melee Skell.

Inferno is great, probably the best Ranged Skell in the game. Swap out its parts for ranged damage+ ones instead of the lovely melee ones it starts with and it'll wreck worlds. Also it gets a driving mode that isn't as wobbly and lovely as the Lailah.

For Light Skells, Urban is probably the best overall as it has the best base stats and if you gear it up for melee it'll wreck poo poo. The others are decent, but the Formula definitely lags a bit.

Urban also has probably the best overall Overdrive system of the standard frames, if that affects ones decision any. I just went for which one I thought looked cool, which was Lailah, then I couldn't control Lailah so I settled for second coolest, Urban. Kind of a one trick pony but some of the best Skell weapons (early on at least, dunno how it balances out later) are melee anyways. Just having fun slicing things with a beam scythe all day erry day. I'm so glad I got one as a random drop and didn't have to get an Amdusias to use it.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Louisgod posted:

Do the green target symbols above enemies mean they're part of a quest or even a general "kill x enemy" quest? Doing random exploring and running into quite a few.

Also, if you aren't randomly exploring then piss off and do it. It's a ton of fun booking it to random sites to plant probes and sight see.

I know this is pages ago, but if some of you guys are running into critters with [!] greeen icons, and killing them isn't actually going toward any quest you can tell, you probably have a quest that requires you to kill them with specific gear equipped. You don't necessarily have to have the main character equipped with the gear; so long as someone in the party has the appropriate thing equipped, it'll satisfy the quest.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

5er posted:

I know this is pages ago, but if some of you guys are running into critters with [!] greeen icons, and killing them isn't actually going toward any quest you can tell, you probably have a quest that requires you to kill them with specific gear equipped. You don't necessarily have to have the main character equipped with the gear; so long as someone in the party has the appropriate thing equipped, it'll satisfy the quest.

That reminds me I had a very specific odd scenario happen when some auravises up on a super hidden ledge near the top left of Primordia had the green mark over them, but no matter how much I scoured my quest log I couldn't find out what the hell they were for and my counter wasn't updating. No clue what was going on there.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I need some help for a side-quest that appears after Chapter 10.

The quest is called "Alex's Last Stand" and every time I do it my Skells die really really fast. My character is level 37 and everybody else is around 35, so I only have access to level 30 Skells. Do I just have to get better equipment or just have like 4 heavy Skells for the fight? Or do I just wait until I get level 50 skells?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm ignoring most everything about battle other than "activate Arts of the last Soul Voice color" and "don't run out of HP". So far, so good. I don't think I need to worry about all the resistances, augments, buffs/debuffs or anything past what Elma asks me to do. Makes it way easier, battle is complicated as gently caress otherwise.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Is there any good list of where I can find blueprints for weapons at?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i just found that totem pole of honkbirds, game is good

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Infinity Gaia posted:

I currently have one class maxed and two or three other trees at various points of completion. I keep changing my mind about what I want to do, trying to find a good melee weapon to pair up with my sniper rifle. I'll probably end up cycling all the way back to partisans by the end, but honestly there's no downside to just leveling every tree after you max out a single one. I always cringe when I see someone with a fully maxed out class online. ALL THOSE POINTS GOING TO WASTE!

Edit: Specifically I have the duelist tree line nearly maxed (at rank 4 on duelist, kinda wanted to try something besides longswords for a bit), like rank 2 or 3 in the first shield person class (wanted to check out the gatlings, put it on backburner) and am currently progressing down the Galactic Knight line, though I doubt lightsabers will stick as my melee weapon. It leaves me basically incapable of generating TP on my own, which is... Not ideal.

Do the lightsabers not generate much tp on autoattacks? I'm thinking about going with a dual guns/lightsaber build since the guns have a lot of TP generator abilities with sweet animations to complement the lightsaber's TP spenders.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Here's a warning for people who want to try their hands at fighting Go-rha, The Guardian Deity like I did. It reflects Gravity damage, that's about all I learned before my skell was wrecked and I swam out of aggro range. Also, 300k damage barely hits its life bar so uh... bring the big guns.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Go-rha should be the game's mascot, really.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Infinity Gaia posted:

I currently have one class maxed and two or three other trees at various points of completion. I keep changing my mind about what I want to do, trying to find a good melee weapon to pair up with my sniper rifle. I'll probably end up cycling all the way back to partisans by the end, but honestly there's no downside to just leveling every tree after you max out a single one. I always cringe when I see someone with a fully maxed out class online. ALL THOSE POINTS GOING TO WASTE!

Edit: Specifically I have the duelist tree line nearly maxed (at rank 4 on duelist, kinda wanted to try something besides longswords for a bit), like rank 2 or 3 in the first shield person class (wanted to check out the gatlings, put it on backburner) and am currently progressing down the Galactic Knight line, though I doubt lightsabers will stick as my melee weapon. It leaves me basically incapable of generating TP on my own, which is... Not ideal.

Once you've maxed out Duelist, equip that level 1 ramjet rifle alongside your Lightsaber and load up on the melee arts. Galactic Knight is all about the super high damage melee combos, so you can ignore ranged arts pretty much entirely and just let that rifle generate you 300 tp per shot.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 10, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tender Bender posted:

Do the lightsabers not generate much tp on autoattacks? I'm thinking about going with a dual guns/lightsaber build since the guns have a lot of TP generator abilities with sweet animations to complement the lightsaber's TP spenders.

Lightsabres are okay at TP generation but the real Galactic Knight meat is the art that generates TP when you use it on the front of an enemy.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Supercar Gautier posted:

Pfff, the Nintendo YXBA layout dates back to 1991. Microsoft are the ones who decided 10 years later to use the same letters in a different layout, blame them.

I understand that. Microsoft and Sony have also been the domineering console combined with the same layout for the last 15 years. Those controllers are also transferable to PC. They should follow suit so it's standard. I don't care who is to blame - it's annoying. At least my Wii U is finally getting some use.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So, I took a shot at Telethia, The Endbringer in order to add it to my enemy index then ran like hell. After looking at its entry, it looks like no one has managed to kill it yet, but 24 people were idiots who tried and got themselves killed for their trouble. I mean what were they expecting by attacking a level 99 Tyrant like that?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Eopia posted:

Once you've maxed out Duelist, equip that level 1 ramjet rifle alongside your Lightsaber and load up on the melee arts. Galactic Knight is all about the super high damage melee combos, so you can ignore ranged arts pretty much entirely and just let that rifle generate you 300 tp per shot.

The thing is I'm trying to figure out a melee weapon that works well with sniper rifles, so the ramjet rifle isn't really an option. The primary goal here is the sniper. Like I said, I'll probably end up looping back to javelins in the end for the simple reason of them getting the only melee weapon supercharge granter, which makes sniper rifles way more insane. Still, I'm collecting good skills by wandering through classes like this so it's all good.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Utnayan posted:

I understand that. Microsoft and Sony have also been the domineering console combined with the same layout for the last 15 years. Those controllers are also transferable to PC. They should follow suit so it's standard. I don't care who is to blame - it's annoying. At least my Wii U is finally getting some use.

Uh, Sony doesn't even use B, Y or A and their X isn't the letter but the shape. It's layout has nothing to do with the other two.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Utnayan posted:

You should Get Good

greatn posted:

Uh, Sony doesn't even use B, Y or A and their X isn't the letter but the shape. It's layout has nothing to do with the other two.

Also, in Japan O is used to confirm while X is cancel, making it closer to the Nintendo layout

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

PRADA SLUT posted:

Where do you add people to the friends list?

Through your friends list on the wii u.

keep in mind, wii u friends list caps at 100 people :negative:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Saigyouji posted:

Go-rha should be the game's mascot, really.

I saw him and was like "oh that's the guy people are talking about. I'll just uh let you do your thing Mr. Robot."

And just a heads up, Galactic Knight has some skills that are extremely useful for other trees - the melee cooldown buff, beam damage buff, and ether damage buff are all pretty damned useful. I have shifted over to Samurai tree after mastering GalKnight because I missed easily being able to topple things though.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I have no idea what my final build is going to be. I just know that until I get skills in the new weapon, I'm gonna keep on keeping on with the Assault Rifle+Longsword.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I missed the slumbering robot entirely. All I heard was it's around water so entire time in that area I was super paranoid of any water :v:

I wouldn't find it until I actively hunted it down later just to see it. Didn't mess with it though.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
EDIT: my bad VVV

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 10, 2015

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

metasynthetic posted:

Welp guess I'm not reading this thread anymore, that's what I get for wanting to read about mechanics.

That isn't a spoiler. It is literally listed in multiple menus that are accessible from the start of the game.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is the northernmost 4 probes in Noctilum inaccessible without a Skell?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

PRADA SLUT posted:

Is the northernmost 4 probes in Noctilum inaccessible without a Skell?

You'll need a flight module too.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

The collectable guide says I need to find a cave in Oblivia so I can get Moleworms. I cannot find a cave in Oblivia. Ok, that's not true, the one I did find doesn't have the normal cave spawns though.

Edit: On the "Recover the Missing Drive" quest, there's one of those level 54 plants that pop up when you get too close parked right in front of it and I'm not sure how to get around it to get the thing.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 10, 2015

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TurnipFritter posted:

The collectable guide says I need to find a cave in Oblivia so I can get Moleworms. I cannot find a cave in Oblivia. Ok, that's not true, the one I did find doesn't have the normal cave spawns though.

There's one due south of the Twin Arches.

There's also a few underneath the northern Prone encampment on the edge of the giant pit.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

TurnipFritter posted:

Southernmost part of the continent has a small cave with two of those minions of the Prone in them, with four crystals. It's not the best one, but it's easily accessible.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

There's a cave here, just be aware it's got a ton of forced battles in it:

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Saigyouji posted:

That isn't a spoiler. It is literally listed in multiple menus that are accessible from the start of the game.

I stand corrected :doh:. I haven't gotten through all of this game's big pile of menus yet.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Utnayan posted:

Can''t you buy it on the Eshop?

Where are you geographically?

I've owned it since release day; I meant in terms of understanding and enjoying the experience. I'm not usually much for sandboxes so exploration in and of itself isn't doing it for me. The rest just leaves me slightly confused so far :v:

(edit) Really I want to fight giant fuckoff tyrants and monsters but I've had no luck finding one I can tackle at level 11 and it's making me sad!

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 10, 2015

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Probes are serious loving business.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Thanks for the directions y'all, I'll get to it in a bit.

Ok, so what about this rear end in a top hat. It's planted right in front of where I need to go and is level 50, twenty levels higher than my main. It always wakes up when I get too close. Skells are a no go because the level 50 giant spiders are around and will aggro at them.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dastardly posted:

Probes are serious loving business.

Aiming for the Ares 90?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

TurnipFritter posted:

Thanks for the directions y'all, I'll get to it in a bit.

Ok, so what about this rear end in a top hat. It's planted right in front of where I need to go and is level 50, twenty levels higher than my main. It always wakes up when I get too close. Skells are a no go because the level 50 giant spiders are around and will aggro at them.

Can you do this, or will this still aggro dudes?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
You can't, it's just a hole in the wall. I tried it several times as well but no dice.
Also, what's the quickest way to powerlevel affinity?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Terper posted:

Aiming for the Ares 90?

Yeah but also to see how far I can push my revenue and mining.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Nope, can't get to the cave that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

TurnipFritter posted:

Nope, can't get to the cave that way.

Then, can you get to the side, and then slide down the wall next to the entrance or does that trigger him too?

• Locked thread