Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

The Lord of Hats posted:

but if you're in S-Class you're flat-out inhuman.

Or just a regular high school delinquent with a heart of gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good grief. I'm pretty sure Metal Bat would kill Garou in a single hit if he could actually connect. And MB's one of the lowest ranked S-Class, just above Pri-Pri-Prisoner and GenosDemon Cyborg, right? With Tatsumaki at the top (not counting Blast, who is a mystery), there's quite a range there in power, but they're all pretty dang powerful. King excepted, but he's there under the assumption that he's responsible for several of Saitama's kills which would have done who knows how much damage otherwise, so. I'm interested in seeing more S-Class in action sometime.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

...drat. It's amazing just how much energy is in each and every swing. I love the sense of motion and sheer impact everything gives off, it's great!

Too bad though that we know Metal Bat can't possibly win, since it's technically filler and all :( Still, I hope he doesn't lose... Maybe the centipede will interfere after all. Metal Bat seriously deserves finishing that thing off, to top off all his other impossibly awesome moves. Don't let Metal Knight steal that from you! Fight oooooooon

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Torquemadras posted:

...drat. It's amazing just how much energy is in each and every swing. I love the sense of motion and sheer impact everything gives off, it's great!

Too bad though that we know Metal Bat can't possibly win, since it's technically filler and all :( Still, I hope he doesn't lose... Maybe the centipede will interfere after all. Metal Bat seriously deserves finishing that thing off, to top off all his other impossibly awesome moves. Don't let Metal Knight steal that from you! Fight oooooooon

I've said this before but Murata portrays motion and energy in still cuts so loving well it's insane

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

She will date Saitama and then proceed to make his life a living hell

She loving wishes

tsob posted:

I'm kind of disappointed this t-shirt will never show up for real.

Tatsumaki may have godlike powers and eternal youth, but Fubuki has 3 things she'll never have

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

She loving wishes

Tatsumaki may have godlike powers and eternal youth, but Fubuki has 3 things she'll never have

Okay, I figure one is Friends, and and two is Hair That Will Fit in a Hoodie, what's three? A gaming partner to try and equal?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

FH_Meta posted:

Okay, I figure one is Friends, and and two is Hair That Will Fit in a Hoodie, what's three? A gaming partner to try and equal?

A sicknasty fur coat duh

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Metal Bat to get own spinoff series: Y/N

Y

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I wonder if Murata is going to do side story stuff like this in the next while for any other S-Class heroes. Might we finally get to see a bit more of Watchdogman or Pig God in action thanks to it.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

tsob posted:

I wonder if Murata is going to do side story stuff like this in the next while for any other S-Class heroes. Might we finally get to see a bit more of Watchdogman or Pig God in action thanks to it.

As repulsive as he might be, I'd love to get a side story going more into what Pig God's deal is.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pig God is a true hero

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I too aspire to carrying around a giant bag of hamburgers and constantly eating from them

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matlock Birthmark posted:

As repulsive as he might be, I'd love to get a side story going more into what Pig God's deal is.

Yeah, like, he's a huge mystery; we haven't seen him do anything, but he's rank 10 in S-Class, putting him just below the middle of the pack there, ahead of Metal Bat (who we've seen to be a complete badass), Watchdog-Man (another mystery, but can apparently watch over one of the most dangerous cities on his own), and others, so he must be pretty dang formidable.

Bullet Proof
Sep 3, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

I too aspire to carrying around a giant bag of hamburgers and constantly eating from them

mac's bulking diet

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Metal Bat rules so hard. I think my favorite bit from this whole thing was when he smashed the ground and all the cars in the parking lot across the street bounced up a few inches. What an incredible bad-rear end.

I feel like even if he wins here, Metal Bat's going to be in the hospital for a couple weeks after all of this. Garou mentioned a bunch of his bones are broken and he's lost a lot of blood. While his fighting spirit is more than enough to keep him on his feet right now, he won't STAY on his feet as soon as there isn't something to fight in front of him and his fighting spirit fades.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

This basically needs to be quoted every time Metal Bat does something. Dude is the loving best.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Remember when people complained about "filler"?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

gnome7 posted:

I think my favorite bit from this whole thing was when he smashed the ground and all the cars in the parking lot across the street bounced up a few inches. What an incredible bad-rear end.

Same, it's so loving great.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Spiderdrake posted:

I think it is more that though this is awesome, what comes next is even more awesome.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

TheWyrmDude posted:

Tatsumaki needs a boyfriend. But who would want to date a psychotic brat with the body of a 12 year old?

Oh..... oh. :barf:

why are you puking when you brought it up in the first goddamn place you pedophile

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Spiderdrake posted:

This is really good, but Garo city is loving amazing and I want it now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
While the stuff happening is cool it'd be nice if the pacing was better.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The pacing's fine, it only feels dragged out due to Murata's erratic release schedule. When the whole thing's collected together in one volume it'll read much, much faster.

Also, Metal Bat is certified aces.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That and sometimes Murata only does like what 6 pages? I'm fine with the filler. I mean I liked the whole Saitama one chopping :v: Garou when they sorta met.

Also boss chapter as usual. MB is just goddamn great. I love he is just I dont' care about you, I just wanna take that monster out.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I love everything about this panel. There's something about that crazed look in one eye with the other obscured while winding up for a big hit that get's me hyped every time I see it.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Brought To You By posted:

I love everything about this panel. There's something about that crazed look in one eye with the other obscured while winding up for a big hit that get's me hyped every time I see it.

I havent seen this panel, must be from an updated chapter. link please?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
There was a new chapter today dude.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Brought To You By posted:

The impacts as Garou is still pummeling him as he charges, and Garou himself having his eyes narrow as he is going "the hell."

JD
Jan 11, 2003
What else is Murata working on?

Glancing at Wikipedia only says he's working on One Punch Man

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Josuke Higashikata posted:

http://imgur.com/a/bC9Qm
Chap 85 translated.

Thanks ultimateking

Dec 24 is the predicted release for the next chapter.

the action scenes in this comic book are so great

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JD posted:

What else is Murata working on?

Glancing at Wikipedia only says he's working on One Punch Man

OPM takes up a lot of his time because he wants each chapter to look good. Go look at Metal Knight's arrival during the meteorite's fall. That scene alone took him forever cause he wanted it to look badass, which it did.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

OPM takes up a lot of his time because he wants each chapter to look good. Go look at Metal Knight's arrival during the meteorite's fall. That scene alone took him forever cause he wanted it to look badass, which it did.

I wasn't doubting the excellence of what he does, just curious if he's working on something else at the moment.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
OPM wallpapers.

http://imgur.com/gallery/7SkyY

Jintor
May 19, 2014

metal bat, you good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JD posted:

I wasn't doubting the excellence of what he does, just curious if he's working on something else at the moment.

gently caress it, go look at metal knight's debut again anyway

it's good and I love going back and looking at it

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Roland Jones posted:

Good grief. I'm pretty sure Metal Bat would kill Garou in a single hit if he could actually connect. And MB's one of the lowest ranked S-Class, just above Pri-Pri-Prisoner and GenosDemon Cyborg, right? With Tatsumaki at the top (not counting Blast, who is a mystery), there's quite a range there in power, but they're all pretty dang powerful. King excepted, but he's there under the assumption that he's responsible for several of Saitama's kills which would have done who knows how much damage otherwise, so. I'm interested in seeing more S-Class in action sometime.

He might have outside obligations that keep him from ranking too high as well, like being an awesome big brother, a lover of animals, and keeping his school/block free of rival banchou.

A Single Sphink fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 11, 2015

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Bad Seafood posted:

There was a new chapter today dude.

I really like Metal Bat (and bancho aesthetic stuff in general), so I'm glad he's getting some time to be a badass here. He's one of my favorites.

gnome7 posted:

Metal Bat rules so hard. I think my favorite bit from this whole thing was when he smashed the ground and all the cars in the parking lot across the street bounced up a few inches. What an incredible bad-rear end.

Did the cars bounce up a few inches, or did the ground drop a few inches?:ssj:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Shinjobi posted:

gently caress it, go look at metal knight's debut again anyway

it's good and I love going back and looking at it

What I really loved about that debut is he put up a stream of him doing the drawing in real time. It really goes to show he puts alot of time into this and I'm happy for it. Call me crazy but his art vastly improved ever since he finished Eyeshield 21.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

JD posted:

He does promo art from time to time for places like Capcom. He doesn't really announce it though so yeah, it's anyone's guess if he's doing anything in particular at any given moment.

Shindragon posted:

What I really loved about that debut is he put up a stream of him doing the drawing in real time. It really goes to show he puts alot of time into this and I'm happy for it. Call me crazy but his art vastly improved ever since he finished Eyeshield 21.

Murata is crazy because he's talented but he's not a genius type, almost everything that makes him amazing today has come from pure effort. His art at the beginning of ES21 was just okay, and then as you read the series you can see him skill up literally chapter by chapter, because ES21 kept its weekly schedule for every week of its 300+ chapter run. Murata wasn't satisfied with being just okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
calling this guy Muratas stuff "filler" is retarded, it's just as good as the original stuff. It's just amazing bonus content