Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It basically boils down if you just want to dick around with guns or if you'd prefer mindfully playing instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

kalstrams posted:

It basically boils down if you just want to dick around with guns or if you'd prefer mindfully playing instead.

You can play mindfully without dealing with people taking it too seriously or an hour long queue followed by an hour long match.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Orv posted:

You can play mindfully without dealing with people taking it too seriously or an hour long queue followed by an hour long match.
Yes, but, in my experience, it is easier to meet other people who want to play mindfully when you play ranked. Since release I haven't spent more than 5 minutes in queueing for a ranked game, nor have I had matches longer than 25 or so minutes. Casual, on the other hand, very rarely delivers a satisfactory game since half of your and enemy teams are literally seeing game for the first time, while rest of the players refuse to communicate and leave the match once they die.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
My experience with ranked is getting called racial slurs by 14 year olds because I didn't follow their sick strats.

Then again my k/d is like .5 so maybe they're right.

I'm too old for that poo poo. I'll stick to casual. Most people I've encountered don't even use a mic anyway. Or only use it for said slurs.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Game is uhhhh.... Fun?

I wasn't expecting that

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Eonwe posted:

Game is uhhhh.... Fun?

I wasn't expecting that

I told you in the old thread. When the game works/you have a good team it's one of the better multiplayer shooters in a while. Ubisoft just has to fix a lot of things, some major and some small, to make it a really solid game.

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007
Ranked is full of insanely angry people. This is the only pvp game I play so I dunno how it compares to other games. I'm enjoying the game and it's weird to me how some people do something that makes them angry. Gamers!

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Safety tip: It seems like this game does NOT like you Alt+F4'ing out to quit. It got hella unstable and it looks like a few of my files failed validation.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Finlands Sexiest posted:

Ranked is full of insanely angry people. This is the only pvp game I play so I dunno how it compares to other games. I'm enjoying the game and it's weird to me how some people do something that makes them angry. Gamers!
This game has a very tame community insofar, in relative terms at least.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Is there a way to enable multicore support for this game? My CPU chugs really hard on this game unless I close everything else.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
so far what I'll say about ranked is that its good your rank can go up even if you lose. Watching my idiot teammate who is the last one standing that has been hiding in a closet the entire round run away from the objective while the capture timer ticks down and we lose is frustrating.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I would like to do some ranked poo poo in a premade this weekend, to see how it is.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

So some bullshit happened last night. Every round in setup some guy on the opposite team would call out everyone we picked in all chat. Like, every round. Turns out if you alt/enter out and back in on the setup screen you can see everything the opposite team picked. It's super frustrating and hopefully it gets fixed soon. Will be even more bullshit in ranked when people actually care about counter-picking and not just " pick the dudes that look cool"

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Game is uhhhh.... Fun?

I wasn't expecting that

fookin' lazer sights!?

unlock the emp grenade dude

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Eonwe posted:

Game is uhhhh.... Fun?

I wasn't expecting that

I told you

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

So some bullshit happened last night. Every round in setup some guy on the opposite team would call out everyone we picked in all chat. Like, every round. Turns out if you alt/enter out and back in on the setup screen you can see everything the opposite team picked. It's super frustrating and hopefully it gets fixed soon. Will be even more bullshit in ranked when people actually care about counter-picking and not just " pick the dudes that look cool"

It's fixed in the next patch :ssh:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure "pick the dudes that look cool" is basically going to always be my logic for picking operators. It's why I keep taking IQ even though someone like Thermite is just objectively more useful. She has pink shoes! :kimchi:

Actually I really wish you could customize the loadout for the basic recruit. They have more flexibility in weapon/equipment choice than any of the named operators, but you only get unmodded weapons. I get that they want you to use the named classes but still.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I wish people would stop taking Fuze to hostage scenarios.

Or at least stop trying to cluster-clear the room with the hostage in it.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

Doctor_Acula posted:

I wish people would stop taking Fuze to hostage scenarios.

Or at least stop trying to cluster-clear the room with the hostage in it.

cant stop wont stop

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Hostage maps should replace it with a flashbang cluster

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If the hostage didn't want to get cluster bombed they shouldn't have put themselves in that position.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

last night the last man standing killed the hostage as the police swarmed the room.

really this is the only true way to lose imo

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
This game looks like the kind of thing I'd love to try, but it will take me some months to put together a computer that can play it. Do you guys think it will have the legs to last for a fairly long time in multiplayer?

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

khwarezm posted:

This game looks like the kind of thing I'd love to try, but it will take me some months to put together a computer that can play it. Do you guys think it will have the legs to last for a fairly long time in multiplayer?

I feel like it will if they patch the game quickly enough, a lot of people are pleasantly surprised by how fun the game is.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

khwarezm posted:

They fix stuff, and the free dlc stuff is good, yeah

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Captn Kurp posted:

I feel like it will if they patch the game quickly enough, a lot of people are pleasantly surprised by how fun the game is.

yeah i feel as though this game kind of had low expectations for a lot of people and will sustain on peoples' word of mouth being mostly positive. I feel like as some free DLC comes out you're gonna see a couple articles going "R6 is actually really good now".I didnt even know it was out until I sat down to look for a new game to play.

Kanish fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 10, 2015

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

ethanol posted:

last night the last man standing killed the hostage as the police swarmed the room.

really this is the only true way to lose imo

I've had quite a few people try to use the hostage as a shield if they were the last one standing before which always ends hilariously for somebody.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I've had quite a few people try to use the hostage as a shield if they were the last one standing before which always ends hilariously for somebody.

pro tip: this poo poo does not work in ranked because the hostage does the terrorist hunt 'downed for revive' thing instead of instalosing you the match. You then get about a 30 second clock to revive the hostage before the match is over. Very fun when the CTs fuze the hostage and suddenly start breaching everywhere because they gotta go fast

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jerkface posted:

pro tip: this poo poo does not work in ranked because the hostage does the terrorist hunt 'downed for revive' thing instead of instalosing you the match. You then get about a 30 second clock to revive the hostage before the match is over. Very fun when the CTs fuze the hostage and suddenly start breaching everywhere because they gotta go fast

It also works this way in casual, it's just fairly rare that someone doesn't unload into the hostages head.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Jerkface posted:

I've done it, works pretty good. Even if an attacker doesn't kill the hostage outright it forces a riskier shot, making him possibly slow down. I know I get back and don't push when I see a terrorist with his rifle laying on the hostage's shoulder aiming at me.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I've noticed it be more of a common occurrence when somebody actually manages to grab the hostage and tries to get out since depending on the angle you can get hit the hostage through the enemy and knock him out instead of killing him instantly.

But considering how rare it is to see a win by hostage extraction it doesn't come up to often.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

As the defending team I didn't know that when the attackers grab the hostage if you shoot the hostage you still lose. I just jump out of a window and nail the attacker with a shotgun but also murdered the hostage.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

So I just played a game against a guy that spent the whole match calling our team niggers, and saying he will rape us.

Why isn't there an option to vote kick from the opposing team?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Keshik posted:

So I just played a game against a guy that spent the whole match calling our team niggers, and saying he will rape us.

Why isn't there an option to vote kick from the opposing team?

There is, hold tab and use the arrow keys to select them.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Is the game fun? I played the poo poo out Vegas and Vegas 2, for reference, but I do not like CS.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Is the game fun? I played the poo poo out Vegas and Vegas 2, for reference, but I do not like CS.

Read above.

This game will let you relive all of your Die Hard Fantasies while being a bastard child of SWAT, CS, and Rainbow Six. Every match you will see something you consider absolutely insane, or something so absurdly stupid that you consider impossible or bullshit. Its tense as gently caress edge of your seat rear end clenching goon on goon violence. WHY DID YOU DESTROY MY NITRO CELL, TK'S A GOON, OMFG A GOON KILLED ME.

This is Rainbow Six Siege. The entire time? This song is playing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTyw6cq86kY

Edit 2: You can buy an nvidia code, possibly, maybe on ebay for like $20-30.

Edit 3: YIPPEE KI YAY MOTHER FUCKER

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 11, 2015

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hostage extraction is so much fun when the opposing team forgets you can vault and rappel with the hostage. Gotta guard the windows too guys! Even better, they let me do it twice.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Any news on a patch? I wanted to pick up the game this weekend :(

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
There's supposed to be a big patch mid-December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

ghetto wormhole posted:

There is, hold tab and use the arrow keys to select them.

I did that, it didn't have any options for the other team's people, just mine.

• Locked thread