Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

zedprime posted:

You know I'm really torn because I think Sylvalum has my favorite music, but its also where my skell insurance ends up getting abused because somehow a 50 story giant robot is REALLY good at sneaking up on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The music of this game gets exponentially better the farther you get from New LA and Primordia. Nocturne is where it starts to get good but it unfortunately suffers from the greatest sin of the soundtrack, how obviously repetitive this is as it abruptly stops and restarts the song instead of blending into a few ambient cycles. Sylvalum's music is the best at lulling you a false sense of security before you wander into the level 60 pond of death right when a fog rolls in.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I really like Oblivia's music, particularly during the daytime. It can be a bit overwrought sometimes but it really accentuated the tension when I was running away from about 75% of everything in that zone when on my initial probe install exploration drives.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Whoa wait how do you get the ramjet rifle back after Alexa's quest?

Also I made the horrible mistake of finishing bastion warrior and then going to enforcer, using spikes and beam blaster as my primary damage. Turns out doing so also makes me pull all the aggro, all the time, without the ability to eat damage. It'd be really effective if I could just not melt after 15 seconds!

You get it back afterwards. I don't think you even have to do anything special

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Crabtree posted:

The music of this game gets exponentially better the farther you get from New LA and Primordia. Nocturne is where it starts to get good but it unfortunately suffers from the greatest sin of the soundtrack, how obviously repetitive this is as it abruptly stops and restarts the song instead of blending into a few ambient cycles. Sylvalum's music is the best at lulling you a false sense of security before you wander into the level 60 pond of death right when a fog rolls in.

I dunno man I never get tired of SEE THE SUN IT SINGS FOR LIFE. Like, every single time it comes up I kinda hum along with it. I may be broken though as I also go along with ONE TWO THREE FOUR

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ONE BY OOONNNEEE

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I'm not sure what I expected Orphean gear to look like, but it certainly wasn't whatever this is.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Infinity Gaia posted:

I dunno man I never get tired of SEE THE SUN IT SINGS FOR LIFE. Like, every single time it comes up I kinda hum along with it. I may be broken though as I also go along with ONE TWO THREE FOUR

Oh that part isn't bad, I just don't want it to end and end like it does when that hits. Every time it gets to the juicy part I feel like there is a 1 hour jam session that got cut to the bone to fit on the U or was trimmed for more space for I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I CAN'T SEE YOU. OOOH OOH WOOO~.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

So far my favourite lyric in the game is still "Everything will never change".

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Crabtree posted:

Oh that part isn't bad, I just don't want it to end and end like it does when that hits. Every time it gets to the juicy part I feel like there is a 1 hour jam session that got cut to the bone to fit on the U or was trimmed for more space for I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I CAN'T SEE YOU. OOOH OOH WOOO~.

I like the "UGH, YA, UH UH UH" night theme way more than the day theme because of that

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I can't believe they got Beast from the X-Men in this game

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The skell battle theme grew on me because of the part where it goes whooo whooo whoo and then there's a really dancey breakdown.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I think the lyrics for Uncontrollable are actually pretty good re: theming.

But maybe the lyrics are actually bad and the song is just so good it makes up for it. Well it's good so whatever.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

zedprime posted:

The skell battle theme grew on me because of the part where it goes whooo whooo whoo and then there's a really dancey breakdown.

My absolute favorite is the Skell theme when fighting Ganglions, because ramming a Prone in vehicle form kicks off phat electronic beats and it's the best thing ever.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Anyone know how you can get blade medals exactly? I've searched around and I mostly seem to get vague answers. I'd like to pummel the nemesis a bunch but I run out of medals rather fast.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Yeah my four year old was singing 'I can't hear you, I can't see you...' to himself at some point last night. Being in town is really the one time I wish there was an option for turning down BGM a bit.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

horriblePencilist posted:

I don't care what anyone says, I love the Ma-non. They have the best animations, quests and all just want to have a good time.

I don't mind them, but I like the bug dudes a whole lot more.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Dawnfire posted:

Anyone know how you can get blade medals exactly? I've searched around and I mostly seem to get vague answers. I'd like to pummel the nemesis a bunch but I run out of medals rather fast.

The absolute fastest way to earn them is to find three other pcs around the city or scattered around the gameworld, add them to your party and go slaughter enemies with them in your party until they're all star ranked, then remove them from your party and you'll be given a blade medal for each of them.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

how does the gamepad work in xenoblade? i am really keen to get it, but at the moment am sharing big-tv time with my partner who's grinding through fallout 4. is there any ability to play it via the gamepad, or is that ridiculous given the text and hud size?

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away

Dastardly posted:

Probes are serious loving business.

C-could you do a guide for this? I am the bad at probe network.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Finally found the first 49 lobsters. Now to ignore the rest until after chapter 11.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Is there any fast/easy way to get more storage probes? I'm stuck at 21k max resources and it's just weak.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

alf_pogs posted:

how does the gamepad work in xenoblade? i am really keen to get it, but at the moment am sharing big-tv time with my partner who's grinding through fallout 4. is there any ability to play it via the gamepad, or is that ridiculous given the text and hud size?

You can put it on the gamepad but the smaller text would probably be unreadble. Regular text would probably be fine though. Hopefully they patch in a large text option in the near future.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Eopia posted:

I'm not sure what I expected Orphean gear to look like, but it certainly wasn't whatever this is.

The light set, at least on ladies, looks just like Mag from Warframe. It's neat.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

You can put it on the gamepad but the smaller text would probably be unreadble. Regular text would probably be fine though. Hopefully they patch in a large text option in the near future.

thanks heaps; it wouldn't be a permanent thing, but it's good to have that option. GUESS THIS'LL BE THE POST-CHRISTMAS GAME FO ME

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I think the text is sorta readable on the gamepad. It's not great, but it's not totally indecipherable.

This game really makes me look forward to VR. Not that there's any possible chance of it getting a re-release but holy heck do I want to stand on one of these cliffs and look around with a headset on. What's the status of Wii U emulation these days? The original Xenoblade was sharp as gently caress on Dolphin after a bunch of tweaks.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Hello fellow cat-nose-on-L buddy. :hf:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Dastardly posted:

Probes are serious loving business.

I'd love to know what you did to get that much storage, I only have half as much as you, although I've unlocked every probe point now.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

How do I kill this Hephaestus rear end in a top hat? I figured I'd come back to him when I got stronger but I'm now 4 levels above him, his name has turned white and he still takes minimal damage from my full ether blast/beam barrage combos and shits aoe damage that I eventually can't keep up with.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Mayday (the quest) is bugged for me. I bought one of the items I needed and it checks off on the tracker but May doesn't say anything when I try to turn it in, and I can't figure out how to drop and re-accept. Ideas?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Getting Kelsey Grammer to voice L would have been great. And blown the western released budget.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Mayday (the quest) is bugged for me. I bought one of the items I needed and it checks off on the tracker but May doesn't say anything when I try to turn it in, and I can't figure out how to drop and re-accept. Ideas?

Did you register one of the items to your collectapedia? That doesn't tick the quest tracker down so it'll look like you have all you need, even if you don't.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Looks like if you reject a quest initiated by a person, you can go through the dialog again, including all of the options with the affinity gain. I don't know if that's enough to warrant a way to powerlevel affinity, though.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

kirbysuperstar posted:

Did you register one of the items to your collectapedia? That doesn't tick the quest tracker down so it'll look like you have all you need, even if you don't.

No, I definitely have it. 4 Viscous Humour

e: poo poo I collectopediad the other on accident.

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 11, 2015

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

PRADA SLUT posted:

Do you have everything she's asking for? I'm pretty sure she won't react unless you turn in all the stuff.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

bloodychill posted:

Getting Kelsey Grammer to voice L would have been great. And blown the western released budget.

Instead we got Pops from Regular Show. An alright compromise.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Where the gently caress do I find that data drive in oblivia? map points me to something with level 50 trash mobs, but there's no red item there, so I'm thinking it's underground somewhere. I went way above them and there was nothing up there, unless it was even higher up and I need the flight module...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Where the gently caress do I find that data drive in oblivia? map points me to something with level 50 trash mobs, but there's no red item there, so I'm thinking it's underground somewhere. I went way above them and there was nothing up there, unless it was even higher up and I need the flight module...

Have you seen the little canyon path with the level 50-ish non-aggressive spiders? It's in there. Guarded behind a level 50 vermifore standing in such a way it's nearly impossible to collect the item before triggering it. Still haven't worked out how to get it before way later in the game.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Cloak and run in

Is there a best way to get more miranium storage other than just look for treasure and hope you find it? I'm way over capacity and half my sites aren't even running

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

PRADA SLUT posted:

Cloak and run in

Is there a best way to get more miranium storage other than just look for treasure and hope you find it? I'm way over capacity and half my sites aren't even running

You only really get storage probes from story quests and like, a single one hidden somewhere. Make sure the ones you have are chained starting from when you have three of them. If you desperately desire more storage space, I think either duplicator or boosters work with storage, but I can't remember which for the life of me.

• Locked thread