Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Soylent Pudding posted:

Also because health and sex education in my American Deep South public schools taught us things like only men enjoy sex, condoms don't prevent STIs, it's impossible for women to take advantage of men, abstinance until marriage is the only healthy choice, and touching yourself makes Baby Jesus cry.

Yeah, I'm from hippie California and even we had a bunch of sex-negative messages sprinkled in, but at least they promoted condom use. I can only imagine what a poo poo-show the red states have for sex-ed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Soylent Pudding posted:

Also because health and sex education in my American Deep South public schools taught us things like only men enjoy sex, condoms don't prevent STIs, it's impossible for women to take advantage of men, abstinance until marriage is the only healthy choice, and touching yourself makes Baby Jesus cry.

Jesus cries when you masturbate because the last time he tried rubbing one out he slipped and it went through the hole in his palm.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

PRADA SLUT posted:

What else could it be? Like physiologically, there's nothing else there to mix it up with. Is it supposed to be some sort of mystery sex fluid that just materializes in some women with a launch vector from the urethra?

I don't understand the rationale for claiming it's anything else.

Bartholin's glands secretions is the usual non-pee hypothesis, and there may be some of that happening. In the pee.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LingcodKilla posted:

I too enjoy loving a girl so good she not only starts speaking in tongues but also looses control of her bladder.

It's like a thing that happens ok but why should it be an explicit goal?

Humans are wierd.
but why shouldn't it be a goal?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If it is a goal there are much easier ways of doing it.

Like, just date grannies.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

bowmore posted:

but why shouldn't it be a goal?

Hey man if that's your (colostomy) bag...

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

If it is a goal there are much easier ways of doing it.

Like, just date grannies.

News at 11, some people think a thing is hot so they do it.

halenaw
Jul 10, 2014
Just hung out with a friend who's moving away and she handed me a bag

Got home and turns out she gave me her sex toy collection lmao

I'm pretty stoked because poo poo's expensive and it appears we have similar tastes, I just gotta deep clean everything...

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

You must be REALLY good friends.

halenaw
Jul 10, 2014

KillHour posted:

You must be REALLY good friends.

I lusted after her for a while and we almost had a threesome at one point. Didn't quite pan out but I got my threesome needs elsewhere lol

And yeah we're pretty good buds

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Just give them a good wash, all good!

(or don't, you disgusting kink monster)

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

halenaw posted:

I lusted after her for a while and we almost had a threesome at one point. Didn't quite pan out but I got my threesome needs elsewhere lol

And yeah we're pretty good buds

You could not wash them and it would be like the threesome you never had.

halenaw
Jul 10, 2014

PRADA SLUT posted:

You could not wash them and it would be like the threesome you never had.

!!! what a notion

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Faerunner posted:

Many men also think that pee comes out of the vagina, and don't know what/where the clit is. It's pretty terrifying asking the average American male about basic female anatomy.

On behalf of American males, I would like to say that at no point talking to any male about sex have any of them thought that pee comes out of the vagina, or not known what and where a clitoris was. Maybe the people you are thinking of are uneducated ten-year-olds? We had fully reasonable and non-judgemental sex education too, but I get the feeling that it was a little more rare in the area.(I don't live in the Deep South, but so far south it's no longer Deep; Florida, eleven miles from the Georgia line.)

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

John Lee posted:

On behalf of American males, I would like to say that at no point talking to any male about sex have any of them thought that pee comes out of the vagina, or not known what and where a clitoris was. Maybe the people you are thinking of are uneducated ten-year-olds? We had fully reasonable and non-judgemental sex education too, but I get the feeling that it was a little more rare in the area.(I don't live in the Deep South, but so far south it's no longer Deep; Florida, eleven miles from the Georgia line.)

Maybe you didn't go to public schools or something? I dunno. I live in the south and sex ed was worthless for anything other than identifying gentials with STDs.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Eh. lovely sexual education is a universal thing. I am ashamed of how long it took me to figure out female anatomy.

Anyway. I do have a question to anyone else with experience with this. This girl I met that wanted ropeplay/bondage really really likes the whole pain/pleasure thing. To the point where i'm too uncomfortable to give her what she's asking for. I know I should talk to her, and I did. Told her straight out that I didn't want to hurt her and she told me I wasn't and she wanted me to be rougher with her. I mean I could probably overcome my discomfort, but should I?

Its too bad I don't have anyone to talk to irl about this and have to turn to the internets for advice.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Affi posted:

Eh. lovely sexual education is a universal thing. I am ashamed of how long it took me to figure out female anatomy.

Anyway. I do have a question to anyone else with experience with this. This girl I met that wanted ropeplay/bondage really really likes the whole pain/pleasure thing. To the point where i'm too uncomfortable to give her what she's asking for. I know I should talk to her, and I did. Told her straight out that I didn't want to hurt her and she told me I wasn't and she wanted me to be rougher with her. I mean I could probably overcome my discomfort, but should I?

Its too bad I don't have anyone to talk to irl about this and have to turn to the internets for advice.

If you're not into something, you shouldn't feel pressured into doing it. If it's something you're curious about, but you just have worries about hurting her too much, then continue with the discussions and work out safe words and hard limits and all that good stuff.

There's nothing wrong with having preferences, and although on the internet the interest in BDSM is over-represented (I find), that doesn't mean it's for everyone. Sex is meant to be fun, not a series of challenges to overcome (unless, of course, that's your thing!)

Avalinka
Nov 4, 2009

Affi posted:

If you're prepared to experiment with it then set up safe words and discuss what she actually means by rougher then try some things out, checking in with her on what she likes/dislikes/wants more of. You'll need to learn how much force she likes and get comfortable giving it, and that will only come with practice. Don't go harder than you're comfortable with, get yourself used to it too. Communication is the key throughout this not just before/after.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

John Lee posted:

I live up in fuckin north-rear end MN and I can guarantee you that many adult men think that pee comes out of the vagina

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

Affi posted:

The thing a lot of people forget about kink is that the big letter has the ability to negotiate limits and can use a safeword just as much as the little letter.

If this were told the other way around, the bottom would be concerned that their top wants to hit them harder but they're not comfortable with it. And I'm guessing the reaction would be more drastic than the responses you've gotten to your post since it basically means the top could be on the edge of physically abusing the bottom while the bottom feels obligated because they want to make their partner happy.

That said if your only concern is unintentionally hurting your partner, they seem to have assured you that you haven't and asked for more. If your real concern is you don't enjoy doing it or it makes you uncomfortable in a bad way, that's what you should be telling them.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

As posters above have said, communication is super important and you have the right to have your own limits respected. A followup question, do you trust her to safeword if in the moment things get too intense for her?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Affi posted:

So, I had this problem when I was getting into BDSM. What helped me the most was to not use the word "hurt", but use two words, "pain" and "harm". In everyday life, we roll these together, but you have to remember causing pain is not the same thing as causing damage or injury. It will take some time getting used to, you don't want to try too much too fast, but if you start simple and build from that, well, there's not really another way but that. You should also try it on yourself first if possible, like if you have a paddle, try whacking your thigh with it and get a feel for how much power is how much pain. And remember, you can also use a safeword to pause a scene if you become concerned and want to check in that you're not going too hard. That helped me a lot too, just getting that affirmation that you're not causing any harm to her. And let her know she may need to be patient at times, as you figure things out and go on your own erotic journey of discovery.

As to the question of should you, rather than how, I don't think you can learn to like BDSM without at least a seed or spark there, beyond light stuff like blindfolds and fuzzy cuffs. Sex needs to be enjoyable for you both, because even if you CAN get used to it, if it's never fun for you, it'll become a chore for you and dull for her, instead of a mutually exciting and fulfilling experience. I'm a little unsure from your post if you want to try but have reservations, or you flat out don't enjoy causing pain to someone who gets off on it. And that's fine, nothing is for everyone, but I'd do some introspection if you're not sure, and if you really don't want to do this, tell her straight up you don't want to, and she can do what she wants with that information. No one should feel pressured to do something in bed, even if it means things might not work out. Just being 100.

And as a practical aside, everyone goes for rope, but it's probably the hardest and most technical bondage material, and good bondage rope is either expensive or a pain in the rear end to make. I'd start with leather and chains, velcro straps, or bondage tape, they're much easier to use and get going with.

EDIT: about the pee coming from the vagina thing, maybe these guys think "vagina" means the whole general package, and not the fairly specific part that it is? I want to believe that, at least.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 13, 2015

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

hoobajoo posted:

EDIT: about the pee coming from the vagina thing, maybe these guys think "vagina" means the whole general package, and not the fairly specific part that it is? I want to believe that, at least.

Oh absolutely. Like, we're not really taught the difference between vagina, labia, clitoris, vulva, etc. All of these are words that unless you try to learn, you just sort of lump them together under the heading of 'vagina' and move on with your day. That whole zone is all vagina unless you're a gynecologist.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Travis343 posted:

Oh absolutely. Like, we're not really taught the difference between vagina, labia, clitoris, vulva, etc. All of these are words that unless you try to learn, you just sort of lump them together under the heading of 'vagina' and move on with your day. That whole zone is all vagina unless you're a gynecologist.

That's much better then; from the way people were talking, it seemed like an actual anatomy error, rather than a vocabulary error.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

hoobajoo posted:

That's much better then; from the way people were talking, it seemed like an actual anatomy error, rather than a vocabulary error.

I'm certain it's an anatomy error in a number of cases.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Travis343 posted:

Funny thing is, "vulva" is actually the appropriate word to lump all of those together, but typically "vagina" gets used instead.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

hoobajoo posted:

In my experience it's a little of both. Guys don't know (haven't learned or haven't gone out of their way to find out) specific terms for various bits of female anatomy so it's all "vagina", AND they are unfamiliar with the location and appearance of the female urethra, AND/OR they assume that women, like men, have only one opening which doubles for sexual and excretory purposes. I have had guys straight-up ask me how many holes women have "down there".

I'd end the derail by asking a question but I don't have any right now. My sex life is pretty good.

Faerunner fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 14, 2015

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

hoobajoo posted:

So, I had this problem when I was getting into BDSM. What helped me the most was to not use the word "hurt", but use two words, "pain" and "harm". In everyday life, we roll these together, but you have to remember causing pain is not the same thing as causing damage or injury. It will take some time getting used to, you don't want to try too much too fast, but if you start simple and build from that, well, there's not really another way but that. You should also try it on yourself first if possible, like if you have a paddle, try whacking your thigh with it and get a feel for how much power is how much pain. And remember, you can also use a safeword to pause a scene if you become concerned and want to check in that you're not going too hard. That helped me a lot too, just getting that affirmation that you're not causing any harm to her. And let her know she may need to be patient at times, as you figure things out and go on your own erotic journey of discovery.

As to the question of should you, rather than how, I don't think you can learn to like BDSM without at least a seed or spark there, beyond light stuff like blindfolds and fuzzy cuffs. Sex needs to be enjoyable for you both, because even if you CAN get used to it, if it's never fun for you, it'll become a chore for you and dull for her, instead of a mutually exciting and fulfilling experience. I'm a little unsure from your post if you want to try but have reservations, or you flat out don't enjoy causing pain to someone who gets off on it. And that's fine, nothing is for everyone, but I'd do some introspection if you're not sure, and if you really don't want to do this, tell her straight up you don't want to, and she can do what she wants with that information. No one should feel pressured to do something in bed, even if it means things might not work out. Just being 100.

And as a practical aside, everyone goes for rope, but it's probably the hardest and most technical bondage material, and good bondage rope is either expensive or a pain in the rear end to make. I'd start with leather and chains, velcro straps, or bondage tape, they're much easier to use and get going with.

Thanks this is all helpful!

I honestly don't know if I like it or if I just really like how much she likes it? But I'll probably move along and figure it out with her.

And yea communication is key.

Also I found rope to be the most fun to work with. I mean it's easy if you're just tying hands behind backs or lmbs to object.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Rope is technical because of the capability to do lasting damage to your partner's body if done wrong. Be careful with rope.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
WRT guys being bad at female anatomy, guys are terrible at anything anatomy related in general in my experience. The few times men seem to know parts is when it's related to body building (your average bro may, in fact, know a lot more about groups of muscles than your average woman), something referenced in porn, or something that can develop a tumor.

How many men know about the terms (let alone what they are) glans, epididymis, Cowper's gland, vas deferens, etc.? Now add in how complex female reproductive anatomy is in comparison to male on top of the complexities of female sexuality in the first place and it's a wonder women ever had orgasms before the Internet was created. I just treated the subject like I'm learning to play an instrument and it's worked out fine I think. It's not like girls give quizzes on whether she's pointing at her labia majora or labia minora before letting men go down on them.

Lastly, women can be really, really ignorant about their own anatomy. I heard a story at a hospital where a woman going into surgery was being asked what her procedure is supposed to be for treating (patient verbal confirmation one last time and such in cases of severe mix-ups) and she replied back "I have fireballs in my universe" when her problem was actually that she had fibroids in her uterus.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It's all cooter if it's above the pooter.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Affi posted:

Thanks this is all helpful!

I honestly don't know if I like it or if I just really like how much she likes it? But I'll probably move along and figure it out with her.

And yea communication is key.

Also I found rope to be the most fun to work with. I mean it's easy if you're just tying hands behind backs or lmbs to object.

Hey, as long as there's something you like about it, I think it can work. Glad it's helping.

Are you using knots specifically for bondage, like column ties? It's dangerous to tie a body otherwise, it can cause nerve damage, or worse, interrupt blood flow.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

hoobajoo posted:

Hey, as long as there's something you like about it, I think it can work. Glad it's helping.

Are you using knots specifically for bondage, like column ties? It's dangerous to tie a body otherwise, it can cause nerve damage, or worse, interrupt blood flow.

Can't remember what they were called the ones I used. But it's the kind that won't tighten on itself. So should be safe knots.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Pee does come out of the vagina, as long as someone put it there first.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

necrobobsledder posted:

WRT guys being bad at female anatomy, guys are terrible at anything anatomy related in general in my experience. The few times men seem to know parts is when it's related to body building (your average bro may, in fact, know a lot more about groups of muscles than your average woman), something referenced in porn, or something that can develop a tumor.

How many men know about the terms (let alone what they are) glans, epididymis, Cowper's gland, vas deferens, etc.? Now add in how complex female reproductive anatomy is in comparison to male on top of the complexities of female sexuality in the first place and it's a wonder women ever had orgasms before the Internet was created. I just treated the subject like I'm learning to play an instrument and it's worked out fine I think. It's not like girls give quizzes on whether she's pointing at her labia majora or labia minora before letting men go down on them.

Lastly, women can be really, really ignorant about their own anatomy. I heard a story at a hospital where a woman going into surgery was being asked what her procedure is supposed to be for treating (patient verbal confirmation one last time and such in cases of severe mix-ups) and she replied back "I have fireballs in my universe" when her problem was actually that she had fibroids in her uterus.

Also, many people are really, really bad at talking to their partners—and their doctors, too—about their bodies. I had a girlfriend who would go bright pink and practically shut down at the mention of a clitoris—let alone hers—and when you get that kind of thing, it becomes impossible to educate your partner on what you like and dislike. Conversely, my current partner is completely upfront about what she likes, knows her own anatomy, and the sex is great as a result.

Communication is, as always, key, but some people are functionally incapable of it. Because Reasons, probably. :rolleyes:

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

Funny thing is, "vulva" is actually the appropriate word to lump all of those together, but typically "vagina" gets used instead.

Well, the vulva doesn't include the vagina. The vulva is everything on the outside and the vagina is the inside part.

necrobobsledder posted:

Yup, this is a sad side effect of living in a culture where we just don't talk about women's bodies. I work in obstetrics and I have so many patients who know essentially nothing about their bodies. Also I get to hear a lot of euphemisms in the office; "I have a weird feeling in my down-there" is a pretty common complaint.

Dogfish fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 14, 2015

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Affi posted:

Can't remember what they were called the ones I used. But it's the kind that won't tighten on itself. So should be safe knots.

Knots that don't self tighten can still be dangerous because some weight will get put on them, and it doesn't take much pressure if it's over a small area to be a problem.

I'll put a link to some free rope tutorials; these knots aren't hard to learn, and this way you can play as safe as possible. Plus they look all proper bondage-y.

http://www.twistedmonk.com/pages/how-to-videos

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Those are the ones I used.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Affi posted:

Those are the ones I used.

Awesome, great to hear it. Sorry if I was being pushy, but there's a lot of people end up going to the ER because of preventable loving-related injuries. Should've known from your avatar that you're a man of science and would put the research in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

hoobajoo posted:

Awesome, great to hear it. Sorry if I was being pushy, but there's a lot of people end up going to the ER because of preventable loving-related injuries. Should've known from your avatar that you're a man of science and would put the research in.

You weren't, I was just phone posting. This is serious stuff and I'd never forgive myself if I caused any harm. I also don't know anyone else into this soooo this is good.

We're talking about it now actually.