Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Adar posted:

Hilldawg is at 89.8 or whatever; if you're gonna go milquetoast you should put it on the predictable megalomaniac, not the crazy one

No, you don't get paid on Hillary for months. These are all options that conclude by the end of the month, allowing you to compound gains. No reason you can't do both, though.

E: Beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

I thought it was 12/31/16 - turns out there are actually two Trump indy markets at the moment, be careful out there!

Oh, looks like they just added that. To be clear, I'm boosting the one ending in a couple weeks.

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
Looks like the North Korea nuke market just got blown... sky high.

Seriously though, it's already recoveed half way and you should gobble up some cheaper NOs while you can.

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
Also Rubio market just cratered despite a 16 coming out. What is going on in this crazy world?

edit: The Rubio polling 13+ market.

edit 2: never mind, a Rubio 9 just came out. Where in the world did that come from?

Tomato Burger has issued a correction as of 14:25 on Dec 10, 2015

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Tomato Burger posted:

Also Rubio market just cratered despite a 16 coming out. What is going on in this crazy world?

edit: The Rubio polling 13+ market.

He also got a 9 on a poll that only included half the field (and probably shouldn't have been pulled into the RCP average).

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

EngineerSean posted:

He also got a 9 on a poll that only included half the field (and probably shouldn't have been pulled into the RCP average).

That's the poll I quoted in the primary thread, which included the entire field. I think the RCP editor just went for breakfast when he was halfway through entering the numbers.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/292891756...8-2015-Toplines

Trump 35
Cruz 16
Carson 13
Rubio 9
Paul 4
Huckabee 3
Kasich 3
Christie 3
Bush 3
Fiorina 1
Santorum <1

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

That's the poll I quoted in the primary thread, which included the entire field. I think the RCP editor just went for breakfast when he was halfway through entering the numbers.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/292891756...8-2015-Toplines

Trump 35
Cruz 16
Carson 13
Rubio 9
Paul 4
Huckabee 3
Kasich 3
Christie 3
Bush 3
Fiorina 1
Santorum <1

Hmm. Well there doesn't seem to be any moneymaking opportunities from the lack of information here unfortunately. Rubio seems to be the biggest upset here.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Is there any shot at all of Fiorina dropping out soon? She's completely tanked and her next to dropout shares are at 3-4 cents right now.

nachos has issued a correction as of 15:29 on Dec 10, 2015

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Tomato Burger posted:

Looks like the North Korea nuke market just got blown... sky high.

Seriously though, it's already recoveed half way and you should gobble up some cheaper NOs while you can.

aaahahaha I *JUST* liquidated my DPRKNUKE15 NO shares at $.98 two days ago. Time to buy back in this owns

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.

Necc0 posted:

aaahahaha I *JUST* liquidated my DPRKNUKE15 NO shares at $.98 two days ago. Time to buy back in this owns

I sold some .71 basis shares at .96 the other day, but not nearly enough, apparently.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

nachos posted:

Is there any shot at all of Fiorina dropping out soon? She's completely tanked and her next to dropout shares are at 3-4 cents right now.

I don't think she's smart enough to realize she should.

But that brings up: let's say no one drops until Iowa, and then the day after multiple people drop. How is "who dropped first" determined then, just by the minute the announcement successfully hit the press?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

fishmech posted:

But that brings up: let's say no one drops until Iowa, and then the day after multiple people drop. How is "who dropped first" determined then, just by the minute the announcement successfully hit the press?

Yeah the rules are triggered initially by a press announcement so it'd be whichever one hit first and then subsequently lasted the timeout period. I'm assuming this also means other subsequent drop outs would be placed in queue instead of everything being out on hold until the end of the timeout period and then the next dropout counting *after* the first campaign decides to not actually drop out.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fishmech posted:

As to the first point, I think Fiorina knows her role. She doesn't expect to win.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Vox Nihili posted:

As to the first point, I think Fiorina knows her role. She doesn't expect to win.

And that role would be to attack Hillary without appearing sexist. I wouldn't spend more than a few pennies on her dropping out next.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I can't even remember the last mention of Hillary now that I think about it. Trump's antics have made Hillary basically invisible at this point. The GOP doesn't even have time to attack her because they have to deal with the latest thing Trump said.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

nachos posted:

I can't even remember the last mention of Hillary now that I think about it. Trump's antics have made Hillary basically invisible at this point. The GOP doesn't even have time to attack her because they have to deal with the latest thing Trump said.

She's probably the #2 name in terms of mentions by republican candidates behind Trump.

Problem is that the #1 name is eating up a record proportion of the attention now. The moderate/establishment candidates would love to turn attention toward Hillary, but they don't have a chance anymore. It is now the Month of Trump--again.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I think Fiorina's original goal was pretty clearly a Bush or Rubio VP slot, which would require sticking around until later. But who knows whether she still thinks they can pull it out.

She's also rich enough to pay for her campaign out of her own pocket if she runs out of money but feels like sticking around.

The drop out market is a crap shoot. There are so many of them that have no chance of winning, but don't care because they were only running to sell books/raise their profile/get a fat Fox contract. The fact that their true goal isn't winning means they don't give a poo poo if winning is hopeless.

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Dec 10, 2015

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

The drop out market is a crap shoot. There are so many of them that have no chance of winning, but don't care because they were only running to sell books/raise their profile/get a fat Fox contract. The fact that their true goal isn't winning means they don't give a poo poo if winning is hopeless.

As a general rule, it's a very good idea to avoid markets where you are basically guessing at one person's state of mind and general craziness. Except the VP markets, those own.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Adar posted:

As a general rule, it's a very good idea to avoid markets where you are basically guessing at one person's state of mind and general craziness. Except the VP markets, those own.

I'm still waiting for everyone else to come to their senses and fill my Condi no sell order for 99c.

The gun show loophole closure market has tripled in the past few hours, 40c hell yeah baby :coal:.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Two new SCOTUS markets: one person one vote & UT Austin

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

So the Obama gallup 8-10 YES market dropped 60 points today while I was at work. Trying to decide if I should salvage what I can or just roll the dice and see what tomorrow brings

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Flippycunt posted:

So the Obama gallup 8-10 YES market dropped 60 points today while I was at work. Trying to decide if I should salvage what I can or just roll the dice and see what tomorrow brings

Why are you betting on polls?

Really wish I had dumped more than 50 cents into the gun show loophole market. Yes has gone from 5 this morning to 50 right now and I sold half at about 20.

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 01:16 on Dec 11, 2015

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nachos posted:

Nobody drops out now unless they absolutely run out of cash. Iowa and NH are so close, why drop out before you give it a shot if you've put in all this effort?

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Flippycunt posted:

Don't bet on polls. The dirty secret is we all bet on polls. But seriously don't bet on the Obama approval/Country Right Direction crap.

I thought the gun loophole thing was a slam dunk NO, so good thing I only got 5 shares at the price I wanted.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Medical device tax repeal is trading in the high eighties. Good bet?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zeta Taskforce posted:

I thought the gun loophole thing was a slam dunk NO, so good thing I only got 5 shares at the price I wanted.

I'm not sure it will actually happen, but people have been responding to this report from this morning: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/262796-white-house-finalizing-executive-action-on-guns

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

Why are you betting on polls?

Really wish I had dumped more than 50 cents into the gun show loophole market. Yes has gone from 5 this morning to 50 right now and I sold half at about 20.

The stove calls to me and I must touch it, apparently

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Shear Modulus posted:

I'm not sure it will actually happen, but people have been responding to this report from this morning: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/262796-white-house-finalizing-executive-action-on-guns

I saw that too. Its a coin flip now, probably still leans NO. I was trying to buy 50 of them at 90 cents the day it came out, but only 5 got filled and I didn't want to chase it to 97 or whatever it was, and then I used up all my available cash on other stuff so all my open offers got cancelled

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Zeta Taskforce posted:

I saw that too. Its a coin flip now, probably still leans NO. I was trying to buy 50 of them at 90 cents the day it came out, but only 5 got filled and I didn't want to chase it to 97 or whatever it was, and then I used up all my available cash on other stuff so all my open offers got cancelled

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good

bought some of these cheap right after someone posted about that market this morning, but was holding out for 50c to sell. Now I'm a bit torn, since everyone is lining up to sell in the low 40s... I think I'll hold and hope obama's move gets more coverage

I'm putting way too much into these debate markets. I can't see any logic in any individual candidate speaking the most, even trump, costing 40c+. Also ended up selling all my Bush Dropout NOs for 85c in (the extremely likely) case he has a terrible debate showing. I'll think about re-buying on a drop

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

thethreeman posted:

Also ended up selling all my Bush Dropout NOs for 85c in (the extremely likely) case he has a terrible debate showing. I'll think about re-buying on a drop
Barring Jeb rolling around on the stage bawling like a baby, this is probably going to stay above 80 from here on out. I'd encourage anyone looking to earn a return to hold onto Bush NO dropout. Way too much money and influence behind that guy for him to leave us before New Hampshire's primary. Is a dip from 85 possible? Sure, it's been going down to 83 and 82 some days.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Peachstapler posted:

Barring Jeb rolling around on the stage bawling like a baby, this is probably going to stay above 80 from here on out. I'd encourage anyone looking to earn a return to hold onto Bush NO dropout. Way too much money and influence behind that guy for him to leave us before New Hampshire's primary. Is a dip from 85 possible? Sure, it's been going down to 83 and 82 some days.

Oh I agree it seems like a very good bet right now, I just don't see any catalysts for it to move up in the coming weeks, and if anything, the opposite with the debate. If I've held a PI position more than 2 weeks I get the itch to sell and redeploy in more volatile markets :sludgepal:

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.

Flippycunt posted:

The stove calls to me and I must touch it, apparently

PreditctIt: the poll calls to me and I must touch it

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

thethreeman posted:

I'm putting way too much into these debate markets. I can't see any logic in any individual candidate speaking the most, even trump, costing 40c+. Also ended up selling all my Bush Dropout NOs for 85c in (the extremely likely) case he has a terrible debate showing. I'll think about re-buying on a drop

What I don't understand are the CNN debate viewership numbers. Their last CNN debate got 24 million, Trump just Trumped this month and people are expecting fewer viewers? :raise:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fuschia tude posted:

What I don't understand are the CNN debate viewership numbers. Their last CNN debate got 24 million, Trump just Trumped this month and people are expecting fewer viewers? :raise:

Trump hasn't had the most speaking time since like the first debate, no one is going to say anything interesting that isn't picked up and run into the ground by all the networks in the morning, and debates are boring as gently caress to watch. Plus holy poo poo it's only 10 days to Christmas and I've got so much shopping to do and eggnog to drink, gently caress spending time watching people talk for a couple hours.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fuschia tude posted:

To be fair, there's a very clear downward trend with the debate ratings. Each one has had fewer viewers than the last one. That being said, I do agree that 22 million or more is a fairly safe bet. Not just because of Trump, but also because CNN has been running ads for it. I've got $20 riding on it, which I feel is worth risking.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Is Rand Paul dropping out? It just shot to 40 in the last few minutes. I don't see any recent headlines say anything one way or another

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Not that I know of. He won't make the debate because of poor polling but that's about all anyone's talking about.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Is Rand Paul dropping out? It just shot to 40 in the last few minutes. I don't see any recent headlines say anything one way or another

Looks like it was just someone reacting to debate headlines. Scared the hell out of me, though. He's still one of my major investments.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Those Paul YES shares are on the decline. Someone was just looking for money to dump.

Speaking of that market, Graham has been consistently criticizing primary voters for their Trump admiration/giving into hateful rhetoric. That and he called the current political atmosphere "crap". My gut's telling me he's on his last leg but his good pal John McCain may've told him to limp past New Hampshire, so I haven't bought any shares yet. Really wanted to last week but my 16-cent offer was left in the dust and now he's up to 32-cents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Peachstapler posted:

Those Paul YES shares are on the decline. Someone was just looking for money to dump.

Speaking of that market, Graham has been consistently criticizing primary voters for their Trump admiration/giving into hateful rhetoric. That and he called the current political atmosphere "crap". My gut's telling me he's on his last leg but his good pal John McCain may've told him to limp past New Hampshire, so I haven't bought any shares yet. Really wanted to last week but my 16-cent offer was left in the dust and now he's up to 32-cents.

Graham isn't likely to drop out before Paul, since that's supposedly the main reason he's in the race to begin with.

• Locked thread