Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agenta Khaulan
Oct 12, 2014

McNally posted:

It's me. I'm the idiot. I thought the VA could help.

Don't worry just about everyone had SOME sort of hope at the beginning. Just think of it positively like "hey lots of guys/gals got hosed over by the VA too" and you might be ok.....or not IDK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Agenta Khaulan posted:

Don't worry just about everyone had SOME sort of hope at the beginning. Just think of it positively like "hey lots of guys/gals got hosed over by the VA too" and you might be ok.....or not IDK.

My wife is dead because of it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

im confused. if youve never met one....how do you know they suck?

Also there's that bit about keeping a jar of an upperclassman's bodily fluids under your bed so you can be in fake army with him. Any questions?

VMI and A&M seem like service academies, only with less oversight and dumber traditions.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 10, 2015

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

McNally posted:

Hey man, if you want, PM me with a gmail address and I'll send you an invite to the google hangouts. I can't think of a better time to have a place you can talk than now.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

McNally posted:

That doesn't make you an idiot, though. Seeking help, no matter where from, means you've got your head on straight.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

McNally posted:

It's me. I'm the idiot. I thought the VA could help.

It's really lovely that you had to find out like that. I know it won't help anything in your personal life but is there some type of grievance you can file? It seems like someone should be liable if your wife was at that point and they either didn't help or couldn't help. I refuse to believe there was nothing they could do, but if there wasn't anything they could do, that is still a problem worth addressing.

Keep that in mind for the future. For now just focus on yourself and your family.

We are here for you man. I don't really know you and dont really recall your username but you're still a brother to me, and I don't want to see you going through some poo poo like this.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Good lord. Stay strong man.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

im confused. if youve never met one....how do you know they suck?

He's right though. If you want proof, make fun of their stupid dumb boots.

McNally posted:

Holy gently caress. :(

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Soju straight from the bottle.

Great idea or greatest idea

yeah it's neither but it's the only alcohol I have right now

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

McNally posted:

Sorry for your loss dude. The urge to drink is strong but at least don't drink alone.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

McNally posted:

Hang out with friends and family and drink your soju. gently caress it, get hammered drunk dude. Nobody will blame you. Just make sure you're with some people. Don't do it alone. Please.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I'm on the internet. That's LIKE being with other people.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Cole posted:

Hang out with friends and family and drink your soju. gently caress it, get hammered drunk dude. Nobody will blame you. Just make sure you're with some people. Don't do it alone. Please.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

gently caress man...

Words can't really express proper condolences, especially not from this dumb forum, but I feel for you man, and I'm terribly sorry for your loss. If it's any consolation, I'm gonna go ahead and just get messed up tonight too.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Sorry dude :(

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

That sucks bad dude. :ohdear: let me know if you need anything. Also, don't drink alone.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Casimir Radon posted:

Also there's that bit about keeping a jar of an upperclassman's bodily fluids under your bed so you can be in fake army with him. Any questions?

VMI and A&M seem like service academies, only with less oversight and dumber traditions.

Went to A&M Corps of Cadets for a whole year before dropping out, can confirm it's retarded.

All the basic training gently caress gently caress games, no oversight, dumb traditions, and a college course load on top of it. Imagine that douche kid in highschool that took JROTC seriously, if he never had to quit that act and was validated by an entire institution endorsing that douche baggery. That's life at the service academies.

I mean there were some fun times, but it was all set within the framework of being hazed daily so any fun thing that would happen was because everything else was so retarded. You could make friends and get the positives of that life by just making friends and being less goony, but hey, you're talking about kids who WANTED to be the best Kool-Aid drinkers.

E: holy gently caress I should refresh before replying. I'm so sorry for your loss McNally.

Agenta Khaulan
Oct 12, 2014

McNally posted:

Holy gently caress, they hosed you bad...refresh before replying like above said, sorry man that sucks rear end.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Jesus Christ. I know there isn't much I can say to help, but still, I'm sorry.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
christ, thats some hosed poo poo mcnally. you have my condolences :sympathy:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

christ, thats some hosed poo poo mcnally. you have my condolences :sympathy:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hey Mcnally, just checking in to make sure you're alright man. Give us a nod so we don't fear the worst, and let us know if you need something. Hope things get better brother.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
I wish he died so i could pretend to be an old friend of his via twitter and check out his now single wifes cool pinterest page and like all the stock photos with interesting and unique filters applied to them and bang her, instead i need to read a thousand pages in the people who did something dumb thread about how sorry everyone is that hes now an eligible bachelor with an awesome sob story guaranteed to get him laid

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

What the gently caress, dude?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

That certainly was a thing you had to say.

Psssst your filter broke.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I got cut on all that FYAD edginess, bro.

I hope you get hit by a car.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Naked Bear posted:

What the gently caress, dude?

My money is an attempt at levity by being so awful it shocks the reader in to having a guilty chuckle. Like when you find out your buddy was getting cheated on by his wife and instead of crying with him about it you say "gently caress i wish I knew she was up for that poo poo" and giving them a loving punch on the arm

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's some FYAD loser trying to get "lulz" or whatever those morons want.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Booblord Zagats posted:

My money is an attempt at levity by being so awful it shocks the reader in to having a guilty chuckle. Like when you find out your buddy was getting cheated on by his wife and instead of crying with him about it you say "gently caress i wish I knew she was up for that poo poo" and giving them a loving punch on the arm

I don't think the level of closeness and attention to nuance to pull that off is possible over the internet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rpY-7ndlqI&t=32s

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

anne frank fanfic posted:

I wish he died so i could pretend to be an old friend of his via twitter and check out his now single wifes cool pinterest page and like all the stock photos with interesting and unique filters applied to them and bang her, instead i need to read a thousand pages in the people who did something dumb thread about how sorry everyone is that hes now an eligible bachelor with an awesome sob story guaranteed to get him laid

Too soon and not really funny anyways.

Die in a fire tia

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

oval office

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Has anyone heard from him? I just want to make sure he's ok. :ohdear:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Soulex posted:

Has anyone heard from him? I just want to make sure he's ok. :ohdear:

He's fine, he just posted in the help thread.

Might have a hangover though, soju (and sochuu--are they they same thing?) always hits me like a brick to the head.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

From the bottom of my heart, let me say that I hope you get cancer of the penis.

It'll be the only way anyone would be able to find it anyway.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vengarr posted:

He's fine, he just posted in the help thread.

Might have a hangover though, soju (and sochuu--are they they same thing?) always hits me like a brick to the head.

Glad to hear it.

And I think they are but I don't know.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

McNally posted:

From the bottom of my heart, let me say that I hope you get cancer of the penis.

Enjoying a nice, hearty chuckle rn

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

McNally posted:

this was a good burn.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

i hope you get married and die so i can bang your wife with 5 of my bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Cole posted:

i hope you get married and die so i can bang your wife with 5 of my bros.

Why wait?