Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

PierreTheMime posted:

Are they doing that again this year? I know it's a gimmick but I thought it was pretty neat way to tie in the holiday and get people back on the site each day.

Edit: So they are! Could have sworn it was through the main Games-Workshop.com site last year though.

Edit edit: Hmm, doesn't seem to be as well-rounded this year. :/ Just little stories and some Chaos-related stuff. Ah well. Maybe something interesting will come out of it like Be'lakor again.

yeah it's all painting guides and fluff, though. Nothing as interesting as Be'lakor or the 40k formation dataslates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The painting guides they've been putting out every day have been nice though. Free video content showing you how to paint stuff but with actual production values is really cool. I just wish they'd use their Youtube channel even more and do video battle reports and stuff on there.

PierreTheMime posted:

My apothecaries arrived. :china: Ah, hello old friend, bending warmed wet resin. I remember you.

...I did not miss you.

I supported Communism recently because I wanted the grot tank crew models but I wasn't gonna spend forty American dollars and then some for a dozen loving grots. They smell like cancer and child labor.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
From the rumor I've been able to gather, the new version of Path to Glory is much larger than the old one? I never played the old one but from my understanding it was basically a 40K Chaos warband campaign with maybe a couple of units. The new one is closer to the level of a Lord plus d3+3 units.

Also apparently all of the BL stuff for the advent calendar is Chaos-based, so that's a thing. As a Marines player I'm not about to cry that there isn't anything for me but it'd be nice to see the love get spread around a little more.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

PantsOptional posted:

Has anyone picked up any of the advent calendar stuff from Black Library? I'm particularly curious about the Path to Glory rules, although the Megalith Altar of War mission could be interesting. Don't think the Daemon Worlds terrain guide has any mechanics in it, sadly.

I bought the first one which describes the campaign rules. There's more random crap than the thrice damned unholy fused abomination of the Daemons, CSM and Ork codices. It requires everyone to really have a Chaos army already, since you can end up with needing 6 big units from the start. Also your Chaos champion needs to be WYSIWYG, and you eventually need a Daemon prince. The campaign rules seem a bit busy. The random unit tables encourage people to buy garbage units (Havocs, Warp Talons Multilators and Thousand Sons).

e:It's worth it for the name generator table.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

SRM posted:

gently caress I didn't got that.

Therefore, your previous statement was a ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPc-URajTBQ

:CaptainDiomedesRageEmote:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Post 9-11 User posted:

Therefore, your previous statement was a ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPc-URajTBQ

:CaptainDiomedesRageEmote:

Unfortunately there's not a Nine Inch Nails song called "Gross Overestimation of My Sniping Abilities" but I'll get Trent on the phone and see if he can make that happen.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Yeah, get REZNOR on the phone ASAP.

Enentol posted:

The trick is to use the front half of the terminator torso, shave the bottom off the back half marine torso, and use terminator shoulder pads. :science:

JFC, I know everyone and their nephew wanks about how Space Marines R So Kewl, but holy hell they look so badass when they have proper proportions and believable poses.

Just imagine Terminators if they were sized properly, they'd be like walking dumptrucks. I kind-of-sort-of did that with my custom Obliterator.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Milotic posted:

e:It's worth it for the name generator table.
We're gonna need that shared.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

At least one person at GW gives a poo poo about SoB.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Safety Factor posted:

We're gonna need that shared.

Eh, it's on my iPhone, but you roll a D66 for the first syllable, another for the second syllable, and then there's 180 titles you can choose from. (D66 * (1 generic + one per god)). It's full of very AoS style names (which I love, 40k doesn't have to always take itself too seriously).

Some examples:
Fregrak Feaster of Souls
Gorthzel Blubberblade
Dechdrek Grimbelch
Kranlac Lord of Brass
Zhrakasor Painfeaster

Definitely worth it for those.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Not done any hobby in ages so was ill-prepared for the trip to Warhammer World last weekend. Got a couple of cool pictures of my stuff on a cool board though, which was nice.

I also caved in and bought this thing. It's loving awesome. Will post some more pictures when it's done. Feels good to be hobbying again.

Fuegan fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 10, 2015

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Love the pose on the knight. Owns

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Best chapter and then you go and pick the best knight.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Fuegan posted:

Not done any hobby in ages so was ill-prepared for the trip to Warhammer World last weekend. Got a couple of cool pictures of my stuff on a cool board though, which was nice.

Those are some beautiful Raptors, man.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Raptors own, that knight owns.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Thanks dudes. The knight was a good challenge to pose and really fun to paint so far.

Bonus old picture of the sergeant. Currently rebasing them with Woodland Scenics snow materials.

Fuegan fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 10, 2015

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
Are you running Lias Issodon? I would love to see what kind of bad-rear end conversion you did for him.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

I had a quick conversion I made but I really don't like it, so a new Lias is on my to-do list, along with all of the painting.

doriath
Oct 6, 2015
Love the pose on the Knight, much more dynamic than the majority of what I've seen.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
drat that looks sexy.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Someone mentioned a Jes Goodwin sketchbook that GW sold Out while back...was there only one produced?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

krushgroove posted:

Someone mentioned a Jes Goodwin sketchbook that GW sold Out while back...was there only one produced?

Like just one copy, or did they only produce one sketchbook?

I painted up some barricades for my table to go with my Orks. Nothing too special but I'm happy with how they came out:

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
That Dread is fantastic! Perfect mix of "practical" olive green and ridiculous ornate 40k detail. Great color scheme.

Here's my latest dudes:

I swear I become a slower and more easily distracted painter every year... on to the next batch, though!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

The Relic Contemptor is a great model to paint. I wanted it to be a veteran of the Raven Guard who moved over into the Raptors successor chapter way back when so I added some little details like a Raven Guard symbol showing behind some battle damage where it had been resprayed. Found a better picture with another loadout.

Anyway that's enough image spam from me. Those jetbikes are looking awesome. Really liking the basing technique as well. The cobblestones look great.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
SRM, What green colors would you use for the Ultramarine 4th company pauldrons?

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Fuegan posted:

Those jetbikes are looking awesome. Really liking the basing technique as well. The cobblestones look great.
Thanks! Pretty neat (and tedious) what you can accomplish with old cereal boxes.

I'm making my first ever unbound detachment as an excuse to make some fun counts-as models. I had 45 points left in my 500pt allocation after writing a list including all the models I wanted to make, and wanted all the models to have some inside-joke to them. So decided to fill the last points with three units of counts-as Spore Mines.

"One of the most popular food sources on Verdekil XVIII, the small creature known as the Firefowl features both mammalian and avian features. Despite its harmless appearance it, like most Death World creatures, can be devastatingly lethal. Similar to the Catachan Barking Toad, the Verdekil Firefowl is known to detonate when threatened. Loud noises, aggressive movements, and startling environments can cause the creatures to explode spectacularly, splattering flaming internal fluids over a wide radius. The JP Regiment troops are familiar with the animal's strong spicy scent, which it exudes as a warning, and can easily avoid even those nesting in dens and roosts hidden from sight. Most enemies, however, have no knowledge of native wildlife, and will blunder into the midst of Firefowl with predictably fatal results. When a JP Regiment base is threatened, troopers will gently coax domesticated Firefowl from their coops and send them fluttering back into the jungle. The animals scatter into low bushes and hanging branches, and the assaulting enemy force finds itself facing terrain scattered with volatile living mines. The JP Regiment troops find the distant booming of exploding Firefowl to be both tactically satisfying and personally hilarious."

(That's a lot of words about a silly tiny buffalo chicken model.)

Started out as a 15mm feathered Velociraptor. Couldn't find any scale chickens, so this was the next best thing.

A little greenstuff later...

Just eight more to go. I really like the idea of these roosting animals just exploding flaming hot sauce all over my enemies. Hopefully every now and then they scatter so I can actually place them on the board...

EDIT: Bonus picture. Clipping the raptor tails leaves little feather-looking metal bits. I'm gluing those feathers to the servo-skull from SRM so it can be a parrot for the sweet Scrunt pirate from Hixson.

BuffaloChicken fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 11, 2015

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
So, Naramyth talked about Renegade. It was a good time. Naramyth took 7th. I was somewhere in the middle, going 3-3. It was fun. I had a lot of really fun opponents and good times were had even in my losses.

My army is Ultramarines, Skiitari, Cult Mechanicus, and a Culexus Assassin. Using Veer Myn from Mantic as Skitarii, Rat Ogres and Stormfiends as Cult Mech, a skaven assassin as the culexus, and marines with rat heads as rats. Using drills as drop pods because it's more thematic.

Master Twig fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 11, 2015

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

SRM posted:

Like just one copy, or did they only produce one sketchbook?

Ha, well I meant one production run - I bought it anyway, £20 shipped from ebay vs £50 on Amazon.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Warhammer 40k: Flambe Your Nemesis With A Double Flamethrower, Then Fistfuck It With Your Twin Chainsaw. :buddy:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Buffchix, you never disappoint.

Uroboros posted:

SRM, What green colors would you use for the Ultramarine 4th company pauldrons?
It tends to be a brighter green; if I was doing it on my old school Ultras I'd definitely be using Goblin Green, which is Warboss Green now. Guess that goblin got a promotion. If you could find the equivalent of Snot Green (Warpstone Glow now) I think that'd do for more modern Ultras like yours.

I played a game last night with my buddy Fred where I brought my Guard and he brought the Harrowed, his sick daemons army.

My list was a Ground Assault Formation out of the Militarum Tempestus book, backed up by a blob of Guardsmen, lascannon, autocannon, and mortar teams, a company command squad with a lascannon and master of ordnance, and a Leman Russ battle tank to round it out. He brought a pair of Soulgrinders, marked with Khorne and Tzeentch respectively, a Lord of Change, a Herald of Tzeentch on a chariot, some packs of Horror and Plaguebearers, and an allied Chaos Space Marines detachment with a squad of Marines, a Warpsmith, and a Hellbrute. Things were gonna get messy!

We rolled up the first Maelstrom mission, where we would draw up to three cards every turn. We also houseruled it so you could just discard one card a turn so nobody got stuck with a whole hand of "shoot down the enemy flyer" when their opponent doesn't have any planes. We rolled up Hammer and Anvil deployment and this is how I set up:

The Valhallans were here to reclaim this tainted forge world from the grips of the Harrowed, whose evil Warsmith had tainted the factories and forges into creating his own abominations of Chaos. Sorcerers were raising the dead and derelict Servitors into flesh-horrors possessed by the warp, and it was up to the Valhallan 32nd Rifles and their stormtrooper battalion allies to put a stop to the servants of the dark gods.

I got first turn, where I advanced and did some shooting. It was night fight, so between my gun teams failing to follow orders and the shrouded saves on the Daemons, I couldn't quite kill anything.

I did, however, collect three points for holding two of the objectives and a "hold the line" card, where I got points for not having enemies in my deployment zone.

On his turn, he summoned up some Bloodcrushers to ruin my day:

The ever-shifting Lord of Change moved her tendrils about, and a thousand mouths chanted hexes and spells in long-forgotten languages. Machines and flesh strewn about on the field became one, and a trio of monstrosities was born.

A horde of Plaguebearers also appeared out of the warp, deep striking between my line and my backfield support teams:

None of the Daemons were able or willing to charge this turn, and shooting, while deadly, only served to bloody my large blob squad in the center. First Blood was still up in the air, and it came back down to my turn.

Commissar Vult shouted for his men to advance, each man knowing what would be in store for him were he to retreat. They waited for the order before leveling their lasguns and unleashing volleys of fire on the tech-horrors before them.

A Stormtrooper squad jumped out of their Taurox by the blob squad, and between those two units I was able to wipe out the Bloodcrushers. My Stormtrooper command squad fared much poorer, firing three plasma guns and two hellguns into a Chaos Space Marine squad, causing one wound, losing a soldier to a Gets Hot! roll, and rolling a trio of 1s to wound. My platoon command squad was able to put some flame templates down on the Plaguebearers near me, killing half of them. I picked up First Blood for blowing up the Hellbrute finally, as well as another point for zipping a Taurox over onto an objective on a Chaos temple near my opponent's deployment zone.

The Harrowed struck back hard, unleashing shooting all over. The Soulgrinders chewed up my blob and gutted the nearby Stormtrooper squad, and the Chaos Marines gunned down my Stormtrooper command squad, leaving only the medic who wasn't able to save anybody:

The Bloodcrushers were summoned again, popping back up right near where they died:

To the Guardsmen's horror, the beasts they had just put down shuddered back to life! Flesh reknit, metal bent into shape, and the blood-crazed machine horrors were back on their feet and hungry for flesh.
My opponent picked up two points this turn for slaying the Warlord (my Stormtrooper commander) and for an objective card I think.

The backfield of the Harrowed put some fire into my Tauroxes that had been rushing around there, but didn't do anything more than a glance here and there. The Lord of Change tried and failed to make a charge. The Plaguebearers moved in on my company command squad, not quite there yet.

On my go, the platoon command squad chased the plaguebearers with their flamers, but didn't do much damage. The wounded Stormtrooper squads got back in their damaged Tauroxes while my Guardsmen held the line:

My advancing Stormtroopers rolled up and tried to do some damage to the Horrors he had in the backfield, and they damaged a few. My Taurox took a glance because the Warpsmith had put a machine curse on it, causing all weapons to Get Hot. I finally brought down the Khornate Soulgrinder, although my Lascannon teams still weren't following the order to Bring it Down. They're going to be in for a lashing when they get back to HQ...
I put a load of fire into the Lord of Change, taking 3 of his 5 wounds away. A rerollable 3++ save is really hard to deal with, it turns out! I was able to chew up the Bloodcrushers again, but not wipe them out as I was hoping.

On his turn, the Lord of Change cast some power or another but got a Perils roll, causing a fourth wound. Earlier, a Herald of Tzeentch had gotten possessed on a Perils roll, causing him to die and a new Herald to appear in his place. We figured it was a plot of one of the Horrors in the squad to ascend to a higher level of daemonhood, and he saw his opportunity and took it! The Chariot also dropped in near my Taurox loaded with melta Stormtroopers. The Bloodcrushers got into assault with the blob, causing some wounds but leading to a standstill, the Lord of Change wrecked a Taurox, and the Plaguebearers finally got into assault with my command squad:

Overwatch did nothing and my troops were able to kill one Plaguebearer in assault, but the squad was all but run down. The officer, Colonel Petrov, fled from the combat, not quite getting off table. I get the feeling there's going to be some commissarial justice once all these boys get home...
Oh yeah, and more Plaguebearer packs were summoned around that area too.

On my go, Petrov runs off the table instead of regrouping. The chariot gets blown up by the Taurox with melta guys inside. My other Taurox's contents were pretty chewed up, so the surviving Commissar charges the Warsmith, causing a wound with his plasma pistol but failing to do anything else but get killed. I raced up the command Taurox with the survivng Medic in it and jumped him up onto the objective the Chaos Marines had just moved off of. I had a card for that objective and I figured if this guy couldn't save a single life, he could at least score a point. We had to play pretty fast so I'm missing some details, but the score is still pretty highly in my favor and we're both depleting our resources pretty quickly. My blob finishes off the Bloodcrushers in hand to hand, and I put some hullpoints on the Tzeentch soulgrinder.

He has to run his Chaos Marines, but they set up the inevitable firing squad on that medic:

while his Plaguebearers try to get close enough to contest or take any objectives.He summons up the Bloodcrushers for the third time, and Horror packs drop in the building my mortar and aurocannon teams are holed up in. They finish off the Stormtroopers that the Lord of Change had stranded there while he went on to do something or other.

Turn 5 saw my melta Stormtrooper squad dismounting their Taurox and blowing up the Soulgrinder while my heavy weapons finished off the Lord of Change. My Leman Russ plastered the Horrors with a direct hit, hitting 11 of them. We called it here:

I got 2d3 extra victory points on turn 5 for Kingslayer and Overrwhelming Firepower cards, and was already up by a few. I totaled it up as it being an 11-5 victory for the Valhallans! It was a bloody game with a lot of good dice rolls and unit positioning from each of us, but he had bad luck with cards. I secured an early lead and was able to keep on scoring, turn after turn, and I ran away with the game. Still, a mutually destructive game with that much action was a load of fun!
In an instant, the Harrowed had vanished into a mist. Stormtrooper Vej blinked and his attackers were gone, leaving just him and his medi-pack in the ruin. The troopers of the Valhallan 32nd rejoiced as their pursuers collapsed into piles of meat and metal, knowing the day had been won.

Elsewhere, Petrov was still running.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
well gently caress, I think the post office lost my terrain :mad:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SRM, awesome write up for some awesome armies.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Thanks! I just wish I took some shots of the other side of the table where my Tauroxes were trundling around, it's just kinda left up to imagination and half remembered reporting.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Also this is a definite pro-read: it's an interview with Rick Priestley about GW, their history, and their future (or lack thereof in his eyes):
http://unpluggedgames.co.uk/features/blood-dice-and-darkness-how-warhammer-defined-gaming-for-a-generation/
There's some things he says which show that he's just really, really old school for better or worse (being opposed to a lot of multipart plastics for instance) but it's super interesting to read anywho.

KuangMkV
Jan 25, 2003

I picked up Betrayal at Calth with the intention of using the minis as the start of an Alpha Legion army but I'm at a bit of a loss on how to assemble them as such. Does anyone have some thoughts on how to arm/points cost everything?

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
Was just thinking yesterday how cool it is that you know that Harrowed guy! I've followed his logs for years. Really neat stuff. If you ever do come down to the NYC area, see if you can bring him too.

Meant to post a few more photos about the Apocalypse game I played with TheChirurgeon and a few other friends this past weekend. It wasn't the prettiest game ever, as we had to improvise terrain and lots of the armies are still painting-in-progress (and shame on me, I forgot a Tyrannocyte at home and deep struck in a beer can...), but it had some fun moments. Game was three on three - Khorne Daemonkin, Cthulhu Daemons and Star Wars Eldar against Tyranids, Mechanicus/Skitarii and allied Tau/Marines. Paint bottles were the objectives, because art is worth dying for.

Terrain setup shows the Batman Batcave playset my friend brought over from his childhood home, and the unpainted lasercut portals another one of my friends made. Chelsy looks concerned about her Cthulhu daemon army deployment.

I tried sneaking a brood of Termagants through a portal so I could suicide-contest an objective on the other side of the board, but TheChirurgeon saw that transparent ploy and murdered my little bitch lizards with his motorcycle maniacs.

His Possessed also charged straight across the board, taking a bunch of fire, and slaughtered the Skitarii squad they reached first. The Skitarii lost combat and were cut down.

TheChirurgeon lied in his post! Fateweaver (AKA Flying Spaghetti Monster AKA Mom's Spaghetti) wasn't killed by an Icarus Array off the Dunestrider - my beautiful Barbed Heirodule snap-shot it from the sky, instant-killing it in one hit. This was a Warlord point and, as our designated Warlord to kill from a Tactical Objective card, netted us a bunch of points. All of my friends new to Tyranids were also delighted to see that the Heirodule guns were vaginas on the end of penises.

The Bloodthirster briefly makes its magnificent presence known in the Batcave...

...on its way towards my big beautiful baby bug, MVP of my team. Cthulhu himself, an Imperial Knight with the Chaos Daemons, joined in to make sure the Heirodule would not get out alive.

Cthulhu needn't have worried. The Bloodthirster decapitated the Heirodule, sending its Dreadnought-sized head crashing to the ground. At this point, you can bet even the mindless robotic Castellax was pissing oil on itself in terror.

RIP big beautiful bug baby. :angel:

Meanwhile, across the board, battle was raging for one of the paint bottle objectives. The Party Ravers (Daemonettes in Cthulhu Daemon army) were facing a joint assault from Imperial forces. The Facebook caption for this photo read "WHEN U AT THE CLUB AND THE MOLLY KICKS IN RIGHT B4 U DIE."

Just when all seemed lost, look who showed up through the portal! The Insane Investigators (Chaos Cultists in Cthulhu Daemon Army) and their handler, the Sherbert Worm (Chaos Sorcerer). As some of the only Objective Secured troops on the table from their CAD Daemon-Chaos Marine allied army, the crazed detectives were able to steal the objective points from the numerically-superior Skitarii and Space Marines.

My Tyranid Prime HQ and his Warrior escort made a valiant effort to scramble onto the center platform towards the central objective, but difficult terrain left them one inch short and exposed to a multitude of foes (Cthulhu Flamers of Tzeentch, the Millennium Falcon, Never Skip Head Day Daemon Prince, the dreaded Rancor Wraithlord, and more - the dark shape lurking behind the Rancor is Emperor Palpatine, aka Elrad).

Survivors from the shooting round were assaulted by Never Skip Head Day. You can see the Warrior with Barbed Strangler lined up for a perfect shot, but it died before being able to blow the Daemon Prince's daemonic balls off.

Some Berserkers and the Kharne lookalike HQ scuttle about in the backfield, as the Millennium Falcon Fire Prism hovers doing (as I recall) remarkably little all game.

The game ended with a solid win for the Cthulhu/Khorne/Star Wars team, to the tune of 16:5. TheChirurgeon's Daemonkin were the stars of the show, and I'd really like to play them again in a more calm and collected one-on-one to see how they function - the blood tithe rules seem like lots of fun. Here is the dancing victory Helbrute.

Really happy to see all my friends continuing to slowly and steadily grow their armies. My only concern is that they keep buying faster than they can paint... I was hoping they'd follow a more steady growth (play Kill Team painted, then at 500 painted, then 750 painted...) but it looks like we've jumped right into Apocalypse. Oh well! Star Wars guy is waiting on bases so he can get his vehicles mounted appropriately, and I'm going to work with him to get at least semi-appropriate Eldar guns on them before he paints them up. Hopefully that will alleviate some of the "toy" look and make their armament more clear to opponents.

BuffaloChicken fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 11, 2015

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

KuangMkV posted:

I picked up Betrayal at Calth with the intention of using the minis as the start of an Alpha Legion army but I'm at a bit of a loss on how to assemble them as such. Does anyone have some thoughts on how to arm/points cost everything?

Hi Kuang! There's a 30k thread at: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750247&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

But for now, an absolute minimum of 18 of your 30 tactical marines can be kitted out with just boltguns.

KuangMkV
Jan 25, 2003

Sulecrist posted:

Hi Kuang! There's a 30k thread at: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750247&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

But for now, an absolute minimum of 18 of your 30 tactical marines can be kitted out with just boltguns.

Derp. Thanks for the info and link!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
All these battle reports are kick-rear end, always good seeing awesome armies in some ol' fashioned Ham Slam.

Speaking of fun, really tempted to pick up some Harlequins for Christmas as they're cool as hell and my Solitaire's looking a little lonely on the shelf, but I'm a bit stuck of what to ally with them. Do I go Dark Eldar for fast anti-armour and maximum edginess, or do I go Craftworld and give everything a giant Clown-themed D to the face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

SRM posted:

On my go, the platoon command squad chased the plaguebearers with their flamers, but didn't do much damage. The wounded Stormtrooper squads got back in their damaged Tauroxes while my Guardsmen held the line:

VICTORY, WELFARE!!!

(From a really, really cool post in the political cartoons thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3691509&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1369#post453733484 )

• Locked thread