Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

hell no expectations of winning, still get paid, omalley probably has more life than jeb... ride that gravyvtrain i say

Jeb has money, O'Malley does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
O'Malley has a much better shot of getting a cabinet position or a VP than Jeb has of getting anything. Someone attaching himself to O'Malley is going to get a bit of that pile of spoils.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Motto posted:

also why would you say "pre-Holocaust Germany" instead of "Nazi Germany"?

I think she was referring to Weimar Germany because there were some very early gay rights advocates and organizations during that period.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Peachstapler posted:

Ted Cruz is the absolute worst.

He is. At least I can tell myself Trump is senile

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MaxxBot posted:

I think she was referring to Weimar Germany because there were some very early gay rights advocates and organizations during that period.

oh. i'm guessing she's not "pro-that". so, rounding up homosexuals and killing them was better, right?

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?! Oh... you're not..."

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
O'mally could always be a brothel keeper in Kings Landing if this doesnt work out

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Jeb! is mid-Chang.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Brannock posted:

O'Malley has a much better shot of getting a cabinet position or a VP than Jeb has of getting anything. Someone attaching himself to O'Malley is going to get a bit of that pile of spoils.

A campaign lackey will get missed paychecks and a sincere thanks, followed by a job recommendation.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Chance he met a nice girl or boy on the O'Malley team very high.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Tom Ridge (remember him?!) and NH Senate President Chuck Morse are All In For Jeb!(TM)

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Joementum posted:

Tom Ridge (remember him?!) and NH Senate President Chuck Morse are All In For Jeb!(TM)

Tom Ridge's name forever looks fake.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
That's an extremely pro khaki pleat on Ridge there. That's a man who walks confidently out of Kohl's knowing he got the best.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

a shameful boehner posted:

gently caress Luntz.

Luntz did not invent the term climate change. Lol.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Megyn Kelly is going full New-Right... Wants to ban all immigration, she now agrees with Trump, although she hates him...

Also Glenn Beck is saying if we allow all these Muslim's in we will have Fascism...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Brannock posted:

What is a narp?

nhite anglo raxton protestant

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Trump's senior advisor said this, basically setting up Trump's Next Big Thing:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Full Battle Rattle posted:

The spots to look at in Iowa are 2-4, because whoever wins is statistically likely to be a lunatic who's totally unelectable

...Implying anyone in this primary doesn't fit that description?

Does it go into how many tried to eat the knob and/or loved the speedo man?

This Superman movie just looks worse with every new preview.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
This GOP got the go-ahead to take the messenging even further right. 'New Right' is yesterday's freeper. Laughing at Jeb having a terrible campaign isn't worth this.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Correction - Megyn Kelly and Glenn Beck don't want Muslims in America because the Muslims will make AMERICANS go fascist, and their Hitler will be Donald Trump.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

I'd call that an upgrade, since O'Malley's polling higher.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

AngryBooch posted:

Donald Trump is the most honest Republican I've ever seen outside my extended white-trash family at thanksgiving. He's saying the things that Republicans actually loving believe (AND ALWAYS loving HAVE SINCE LBJ) and throwing out the dog-whistle. This is honest dialogue man. This is more honesty from Republicans than I've ever seen.

AngryBooch posted:

Like, the primary reason that establishment Republicans are worried about Trump isn't because he's too extreme, it's because they think he'll lose a general election and hurt Republicans downticket! (Because he's stopped using the dog whistles that provide cover for independents to vote for Republicans)

I'm absolutely not voting for Trump or any Republican. But to call Trump dishonest when he's the one that's actually being the most honest about his Republican positions, and leading because of it, is wrong.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I've moved past Trump denial and Trump rage into Trump acceptance for this reason. He is forcing America to admit how many Americans are horrible people, which is a conversation that needed to happen.

Trump is the literal embodiment of "I'm just saying what we're all thinking".

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 22, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

:911:

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Fulchrum posted:

...Implying anyone in this primary doesn't fit that description?

Oh sure, Rubio, Jeb, Kasich, even Christie I wouldn't call a 'lunatic'. Shitheel, fuckhead, idiot, moron - sure. Lunatic? Not so much.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Montasque posted:

Megyn Kelly is going full New-Right... Wants to ban all immigration, she now agrees with Trump, although she hates him...

Well when Fox News becomes the only legal news channel, guess whose getting paid?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Rocks posted:

eh, not extreme enough

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

blablablabla posted:

Well when Fox News becomes the only legal news channel, guess whose getting paid?

Not Megyn, after the firing squad she really is gonna have blood coming out of her where ever

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
OK, I'm about ready to fight these neo-fascists in the streets at this point.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rocks posted:

That's dialling it back to something relatively non-controversial.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

nachos posted:

eh, not extreme enough

agreed, the family of the cop killer should also be executed

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Montasque posted:

Also Glenn Beck is saying if we allow all these Muslim's in we will have Fascism...

Did these things really happen?

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I agree, cops who are killers should be executed

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Montasque posted:

Correction - Megyn Kelly and Glenn Beck don't want Muslims in America because the Muslims will make AMERICANS go fascist, and their Hitler will be Donald Trump.

So the only way to stop the new Hitler...is to kick out the minority he wants to target...before he can do it?

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

Carrasco posted:

So the only way to stop the new Hitler...is to kick out the minority he wants to target...before he can do it?

Math checks out.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Carrasco posted:

Yes!

Megyn Kelly's show 80% Islamophobia, and 20% Trump-hate. So she found a way to link the two I guess.

EDIT:

Vox Nihili posted:

Did these things really happen?

Yeah. That's what makes this whole TRUMP HATE thing from the right so funny to me. He is the naked mirror image of their world view and they are horrified by what they see.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 11, 2015

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

nachos posted:

eh, not extreme enough

You don't think so? I wonder specifically what counts as a police officer. Dogs, horses? Drones? I can't imagine there would be leeway for self-defense, either. This is actually the most extreme thing from Trump so far, in my opinion, because he's specifically targeting American citizens instead of noncitizens.

That aside, I find it really curious that they're coming out with that so soon after the Muslim ban thing. Were the jokes right, is Trump really trying to see how outrageous he can get before people stop taking him seriously? Is he a Hillary plant? This is starting to go beyond the pale.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Rocks posted:

Has the outrageous statement/coverage cycle always been deliberate or is the campaign just catching on now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rocks posted:

Not even controversial just boringly unconstitutional

• Locked thread