Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
END better be evil dragon Natsu in the same way Acnologia is an evil dragon whoever then. And I mean evil dragon Natsu - as in an evil dragon who just loves to beat the poo poo out of stuff, always has a big grin on his face and preferably goes on about his minions or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Being cursed with immortality is actually a pretty good reason to want to destroy the world. Zeref probably doesn't realise that he'll just end up floating through space for all eternity though.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

tsob posted:

END better be evil dragon Natsu in the same way Acnologia is an evil dragon whoever then. And I mean evil dragon Natsu - as in an evil dragon who just loves to beat the poo poo out of stuff, always has a big grin on his face and preferably goes on about his minions or something.

Don't you mean Evil Natsu Dragon?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It would be a weirdly poignant twist if at the end of all of Fairy Tail where literally almost no one ever dies if Zeref died and Natsu actually went with him instead of some asspull thing where he gets to exist because friendship.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's OK guys, turns out this is actually a Natsu from another dimension. He crossed over with Zeref's brother just after the magic mad science happened. Of course in his home dimension his parents named him Jellal.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Gyges posted:

It's OK guys, turns out this is actually a Natsu from another dimension. He crossed over with Zeref's brother just after the magic mad science happened. Of course in his home dimension his parents named him Jellal.
This is probably what will happen. Natsu is Jellal.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

We are all Jellal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

pinegala posted:

Don't you mean Evil Natsu Dragon?

i'm glad someone pointed this out

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Je Suis Jellal

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
The most recent chapter stated that the dragon children all came to present day on July 7, 777 but that doesn't really explain the 7 year age difference of Sting/Rogue and the other three. They all looked like relatively the same age when it showed the children selection. Either Mashima forgot about this or I'm forgetting or not seeing something.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
You mean before or after the Tenrou Island timefreeze?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

kohon posted:

The most recent chapter stated that the dragon children all came to present day on July 7, 777 but that doesn't really explain the 7 year age difference of Sting/Rogue and the other three. They all looked like relatively the same age when it showed the children selection. Either Mashima forgot about this or I'm forgetting or not seeing something.

Kyte posted:

You mean before or after the Tenrou Island timefreeze?

There's still a mistake somewhere. Without time shenanigans, Rogue, Wendy, and Sting should be the same age, with Gajeel and Natsu older. Gajeel and Natsu should probably have been drawn in the flashback panels to look more like Romeo or Wendy do currently.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I'm sure some giant titties or asses distorted the passage of time with their massive gravity fields or something

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Kuroyama posted:

There's still a mistake somewhere. Without time shenanigans, Rogue, Wendy, and Sting should be the same age, with Gajeel and Natsu older. Gajeel and Natsu should probably have been drawn in the flashback panels to look more like Romeo or Wendy do currently.

I'm pretty sure that Wendy was also on Tenrou Island for the time skip. Unless there's another reason I'm missing for why she would be younger.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
All five go through the past portal looking like they're the same age (let's say 5). In the future, when Natsu and Gajeel meet Wendy, they look say, "17", while Wendy looks "12". After the tenrou island timeskip, Sting and Rogue both look "17", the same age as Natsu and Gajeel while Wendy remains "12". So Sting and Rogue would be similar in age to Wendy pre-Tenrou Island timeskip. But all five dragonslayers look the same age before the eclipse gate time transport.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Fire and Iron can't move as fast as Air, Light, and Dark. So due to the effects of relativity Gajeel and Natsu came out older than the others, while Wendy was older than Sting and Rogue. After the Tenrou time skip Sting and Rogue mostly caught up with Gajeel and Natsu and Wendy is now the youngest. Due to the differences between iron and fire, Gajeel looks slightly older than Natsu.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Gyges posted:

Fire and Iron can't move as fast as Air, Light, and Dark. So due to the effects of relativity Gajeel and Natsu came out older than the others, while Wendy was older than Sting and Rogue. After the Tenrou time skip Sting and Rogue mostly caught up with Gajeel and Natsu and Wendy is now the youngest. Due to the differences between iron and fire, Gajeel looks slightly older than Natsu.

This is probably better than well get from Mashima.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The only thing you'll get from Mashima is a giant butt to hide the plothole with.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

The only thing you'll get from Mashima is a giant butt to hide the plothole with.

When will baps discrimination end? :sigh:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

When will baps discrimination end? :sigh:

Mashima is doing all he can, but he's only one man.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No matter how many baps are drawn, there will never be a nipple in sight.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
466 is out on Crunchyroll, and I can't say I saw that ending coming. :stare:

Edit: Apparently someone at Crunchyroll forgot that this week is Kodansha's off week for Christmas or something, cause it's down now.

Kuroyama fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 16, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Kuroyama posted:

466 is out on Crunchyroll, and I can't say I saw that ending coming. :stare:

Edit: Apparently someone at Crunchyroll forgot that this week is Kodansha's off week for Christmas or something, cause it's down now.

Doesn't Fairy Tail march to the beat of its own holiday drum? I want to say there were weeks where I only read FT and nothing else.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Probably the most legitimately creepy and gross thing in fairy tail yet. Great job Mashima.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

I didn't realize Mashima was into 50 shades fan service.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

jiffypop45 posted:

I didn't realize Mashima was into 50 shades fan service.

Having not read this chapter yet, because reading Fairy Tail at work is a bad idea, is this really that much further down the rabbit hole than Erza's nude torture at the hands of a buxom demon and a tentacle monster?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
About the same level.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'd say it's a little worse? Seems a lot more rapey than the tentacle monster thing somehow.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's less over the top which makes it feel more real?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Doesn't Fairy Tail march to the beat of its own holiday drum? I want to say there were weeks where I only read FT and nothing else.

The companies will take different weeks off for the holiday breaks.

Gyges posted:

Having not read this chapter yet, because reading Fairy Tail at work is a bad idea, is this really that much further down the rabbit hole than Erza's nude torture at the hands of a buxom demon and a tentacle monster?

It's better in that it's not drawn to sexualize what's happening, but worse in that he draws what's happening in a legitimately creepy manner.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Eh, not really a linear scale sort of matter. Creepy as gently caress but sort of more creepy on Fairy Tail (the guild)'s end for leaving a prisoner like that.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Spiderdrake posted:

Eh, not really a linear scale sort of matter. Creepy as gently caress but sort of more creepy on Fairy Tail (the guild)'s end for leaving a prisoner like that.

Alone in a cell with no enemies in sight? Like, it's hosed up but bad dudes doing bad things in a minimally graphic way isn't nearly as bad as you guys were making it out to be.

More importantly, Zeref wins because he's got magic Jason Statham with a skull sticker on his forehead. Fiore ain't got nothing to put up against that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I dunno, a dude with a really creepy face straddling a nearly naked woman, choking her out while her arms and legs are cuffed seemed particularly gross and creepy.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Let me handle this. I've watched CSI, Law and Order, and Castle.

Strangling is a particularly intimate way of killing someone.

This suggests that the perp was familiar with the victim.

Thus, I can only conclude that Brandish and Marin... have known each other for a long time!!!!!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
To be fair. She has been a huge bitch to him so far.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Fabricated posted:

I dunno, a dude with a really creepy face straddling a nearly naked woman, choking her out while her arms and legs are cuffed seemed particularly gross and creepy.

But it's a "good" kind of creepy.

It's not Lucy taking a beatdown, then being in a panel taking up a third of the page focusing on her butt or boobs. It's Brandish getting choked out, and looking appropiately disgusting while it's happening.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, I'm getting it...

Choking is a crime of passion.... which means...

One of them feels a strong emotion, such as love or hate, towards the other!!!!!

It's all making sense now!!!!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

Yes, but we're talking about a manga where the good guys were literally stripped naked and thrown in cells. Then a super rapey tentacle monster was used to torture Erza's naked flesh to the delight of a nearly naked demon lady who was getting off to it. Also 90% of all of Lucy's fights revolve around her being stripped and or assaulted.

A bad guy crime of passion, revenge strangling a tied up team mate is by no means good, but Fairy Tail done set the bar higher than that a good while ago.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

All of these spoiler blocks and discussion about what's worse have me legit worried to read the next chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I mean you can just google it, it's out or whatever.

Gyges posted:

Alone in a cell with no enemies in sight?
Usually you put clothing on prisoners and don't leave them in some weird bdsm set up.

I mean obv the dude isn't going to be like ok in the interests of fair treatment and due diligence I will redress the balance here and put some pants on you, but that basically just comes back to fairy tail's earlier creepiness. Like I said it's not a linear scale, it's just more fairy tail being creepy (which it is bad at) instead of light hearted (which it is good at)

• Locked thread