Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:
He wasn't very responsible when he took some clients on a tour of the highways when they just wanted a ride to the train station.
(Serves them right for not noticing their hotel is around a two-minute walk from bustling Hakata Station--they had to have been able to see the Shinkansen bullet trains from their hotel.)

I'm amazed by the geography of the cities.
I'm very familiar with Shinjuku, pretty good with Fukuoka, and know my way around Osaka and Nagoya.
Just from memory, I could get around these towns by looking around and getting my bearings.
I laughed when I saw my go-to Korean BBQ place in Shinjuku was transformed into a ramen shop, though.

Doug Dinsdale fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Kiryu has been retired and "not technically a yakuza" since 2 iirc. He was for sure retired in 3 though.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
"How was your day?"
"None of your drat business!"

Dragon of Nagasu Taxi.

Capsaicin fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 10, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DivisionPost posted:

Add to that, no way would Yakuza 0 be announced if the pre-sales didn't impress the hell out of Sony.

Yeah, I figured that the pre-order numbers were encouraging enough for Third Party Production to do 0.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

mikeycp posted:

I would play an entire game of Sane Taxi.
Do you have a Dreamcast? If so, I have some good news for you.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Are there only 2 victory road guys in the Kiryu chapter? I read that I can encounter more dudes to get access to the arena but I assume that'll only be in Kamurocho.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

SubG posted:

Do you have a Dreamcast? If so, I have some good news for you.

This is very good news. Thank you.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Found more victory dudes, looks like they have set locations.

Shrinkage
Oct 23, 2010
Can you still finish kiryu's sidestories if you've moved on to the next chapter?

Shrinkage fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 11, 2015

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts

Shrinkage posted:

Can you finish kiryu's sidestories if you've moved on to the next chapter?

Yes.
Applies to all other characters, too.

Shrinkage
Oct 23, 2010

Doug Dinsdale posted:

Yes.

Thanks! This includes the hostesses stuffs right?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Can you do anything other than that on substory for Saejima in Kamurocho? Like could I get every locker key right now if I wanted?

edit: Oh my loving god Saejima Karaoke :laffo:

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Dec 11, 2015

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Shrinkage posted:

Thanks! This includes the hostesses stuffs right?

yup!

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
US PS site lists Yakuza Zero coming out in 2017. :tizzy: That better be a placeholder date or at least early 2017.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
Woah, so this game doesn't have the Yakuza 4 thing of being unable to switch between characters?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Okay so Saejima was probably my least favorite character in 4, but holy poo poo they step him up so hard in 5. Rad mob fight in the prison followed by snowmobile fight followed by A loving AWESOME FIGHT AGAINST A GODDAMN BEAR.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
just beat part 2 chapter 2 and well

they topped the tigers

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

moller posted:

Woah, so this game doesn't have the Yakuza 4 thing of being unable to switch between characters?
Really?
I want to get on with the story but I don't want to miss out on Kiryu stuff and not be able to get back to it for the next xx amount of hours. If I can just switch back and forth without having to reach end-game...

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Croccers posted:

Really?
I want to get on with the story but I don't want to miss out on Kiryu stuff and not be able to get back to it for the next xx amount of hours. If I can just switch back and forth without having to reach end-game...

Anything you miss you can also go back to in the Premium mode after you beat the game. If you only do the main story stuff each Part isn't that long. Not ideal, yeah, but these games are usually worth going through at least twice. (three times if you're going for Plat :cheers: )

Also, before people leave Kiryu's chapter / control him again: Equip the superglue and do its Heat move.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Stelas posted:

Hard generally just makes enemies into unfun damage sponges, especially later on. Just soak in the ambience while you wreck fools.
It started pretty early. I got my rear end kicked in the first couple of fights on hard. Kind of a pity because I played Y4 on hard and the challenge was perfect. I'm going to restart and play on Normal.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

My preferred method of play is doing a run on Normal, then doing Hard on a Premium save so I can unload with my upgraded weaponry and exceptional skills.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Edit: Nevermind. I just said screw stopping at stoplights and ignored smooth acceleration. Still hate pedestrians in taxi mode though :mad:

God Damn Dam God fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 11, 2015

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Randy Mythbuster posted:

Any tips for the Taxi mission where you have to tail the white car? Between pedestrians and stop signs i'm starting to wish for heat moves that would run people over or knock down stoplights...

Luck, I think. I just repeated it until I got a pedestrian-lite run.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
It's my understanding that all the sweet stuff you usually pick up in Premium Adventure doesn't carry to a new game anymore, only what you had when you beat the final boss. Is that so? Any way around it? I'm probably gonna power through Haruka's story as fast as I can to get back to the manly brawling.

Also: the last thing I did before powering down the game was the new training that opens up near the end of 1-4. I believe I said the following aloud:

"I'm gonna be so disappointed if this isn't a side scroller.
*loading screen*
"HOLY loving poo poo IT'S A SIDE SCROLLER"

Raften
May 20, 2007
Cognates! They stay crunchy, even in milk!
The most important npc you will talk to in the game is the one in the beginning who basically says "Tee hee I love running in front of cars." Turns out everyone in town shares her love of slamming into the side of your taxi.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm playing on hard right now and other than the first fight against Yakuza in the club when you go drinking with Nakajima, everything has been ridiculously easy.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i'm playing on hard right now and other than the first fight against Yakuza in the club when you go drinking with Nakajima, everything has been ridiculously easy.
OK, that's encouraging to hear. I didn't want to replay the beginning that much.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Just started 1-4...Jesus, for a game that's mainly about beating bad manners out of people they really loving know how to play to your emotions, huh?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

DivisionPost posted:

Just started 1-4...Jesus, for a game that's mainly about beating bad manners out of people they really loving know how to play to your emotions, huh?

You're gonna be feeling a whole bunch of other emotions by the end of that chapter, I tell you what.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just sent a bunch of kids like two thousand dollars if I'm doing my lazy currency exchange right. Is there actually an adult at the daycare? Didn't Kiryu leave some dude in charge? I'm pretty sure I remember that.

Also do we ever go back to the orphanage in this game?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

So is celebrity chef Tatsuya an actual real life guy? His face does not fit at all with the game world.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Tatsuya Kawagoe is a celebrity TV chef.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

This is also the reason why his quest line unfortunately does not end with you pile driving him through a plate of sushi.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Santa hunters?

Holy poo poo this is the best game ever made.

Edit: Jingle Bells!!!

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 11, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I said I wasn't gonna get it until later, maybe wait for a sale, but I just can't resist more Yakuza fun. It's so fitting that 'Japanese GTA' finally did indeed add car stuff, but of course it fluctuates constantly between 'Japanese road rules simulator' and 'HEAT MOVES IN A CAR CHASE'.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

I just sent a bunch of kids like two thousand dollars if I'm doing my lazy currency exchange right. Is there actually an adult at the daycare? Didn't Kiryu leave some dude in charge? I'm pretty sure I remember that.

Also do we ever go back to the orphanage in this game?

If you are talking about the Xmas presents side mission, it's only like 600$ which isn't bad for 8 kids.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

Doug Dinsdale posted:

Yes.

I'm pretty sure you can't go back and do the hunting stuff after you leave the mountain.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't go back and do the hunting stuff after you leave the mountain.

Take a cab from Tsukimino?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
By the way, I went to Kabuki-cho (aka Kamuro-cho) a few weeks ago for the first time. The main gate area was under construction though and I didn't really get the feeling I was in the game or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I need to get into a hostess club to do a side mission (creepy vending machine?), and I need to find an "Adult Entertainment Info Booth". Any ideas?

Also, where are the spots to take pictures in Fukuoka? I've only found 4.

• Locked thread