Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Woden posted:

What got me was Black Driver wasn't driving Felicity and Oliver at the end in the limo. How does that dude earn money these days?

Thea financially supports her deranged brother and his friend who refuse to get real jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whizbang posted:

Because as soon as one of them starts kung fuing or Felicity hacks the planet, the ghosts start shooting the crowd, and the only people in the crowd who could possibly defend themselves are Detective Dresden and DJ Boyfriend 2.0.

Lance did say they tried to fight back but it was useless.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Bad Moon posted:

Hey, do you think having Felicity riddled with bullets one will lodge in her spine and she'll finally go full blown Oracle and bind her to a wheel chair?

they are gonna use the dusted Savage to unfuck the Lazarus Pit and bring her back right

Rhyno posted:

Arrow Season 4 Winter Break - Dawn of the BARROWman

Legends of BARROW

Teron D Amun fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 10, 2015

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
That was cool, much better than this week's Flash. Apart from the flashbacks. I really don't know where they are going with them this year apart from coming up with random object related scene transitions. Why did Ollie feel the need to enter and exit the water where he did, 500m or so away from the ship, when there is an outcropping right next to it just round the coastline?

I like the way that Daharachk still doesn't know Ollie is the Arrow. No way Felicity is dead, they will fake her death somehow. They came so close to my sarcastic prediction about Felicity's reaction to finding out Ollie was going to propose, glad they swerved that one.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Dahrk has a glaring weakness that has come up at least three times they need to keep exploiting, which is: fighting more than one guy at a time.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think he goes into a cutscene when he uses that finisher.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Bad Moon posted:

Hey, do you think having Felicity riddled with bullets one will lodge in her spine and she'll finally go full blown Oracle and bind her to a wheel chair?

Team Flash has a wheelchair they're not using. :zoomed:

Mr Beens posted:

I really don't know where they are going with them this year apart from coming up with random object related scene transitions.

I'm suspecting that whatever shrine thing Dhark is always using is on the island, or that Ryder or whatever the name is has his crew on the island looking for something similar.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TyrantWD posted:

Thea financially supports her deranged brother and his friend who refuse to get real jobs.

Dig has a government job (I assume). Everyone else except Ollie have real jobs :colbert:

The hippie crunchy moocher

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mayor is a real job. He'll be employed soon.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

pentyne posted:

Everything he's posted is how much he loving loves being on Arrow. Does he turn down movie roles left and right or something because Casey Jones is a pretty big deal for a TV actor.

Nah, it's by far his biggest movie role so far--the first Ninja Turtles actually did pretty well at the box office despite being a pile of garbage. He's probably not allowed to talk about it yet.

Chokes McGee posted:

Dig has a government job (I assume). Everyone else except Ollie have real jobs :colbert:

The hippie crunchy moocher

Dig and Thea are both explicitly working for the Queen campaign now. Dig even said so last night.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Mayor is a real job. He'll be employed soon.

I like that he is running unopposed. So of course he won't lose!

HIVE should just get literally anyone to run against him and they would probably win and have a mayor in their pocket.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah, it's kind of funny that when Ollie asked Dahrk what would happen if he refused his offer, the answer was "You won't be running unopposed," as if HIVE would indeed introduce their own candidate. Instead, they went the subtler route of armed kidnapping and gas chambers.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah, it's kind of funny that when Ollie asked Dahrk what would happen if he refused his offer, the answer was "You won't be running unopposed," as if HIVE would indeed introduce their own candidate. Instead, they went the subtler route of armed kidnapping and gas chambers.

Darhk might have ran but Ollie outing him as the Hive Mind might have derailed that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ShakeZula posted:

I sincerely thought Darhk was going to run for mayor. "This battle will be fought in the light" and all that. A bit late for that now, though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thoroughly enjoyed Ollie outing him. No one ever does that!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

Best Arrow ever

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

greatn posted:

I thoroughly enjoyed Ollie outing him. No one ever does that!

"I got this picture of Damien Dahrk for the head of a secret society called the League of Assassins, whom I learned from the clandestine spy organization called ARGUS"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bad Moon posted:

"I got this picture of Damien Dahrk for the head of a secret society called the League of Assassins, whom I learned from the clandestine spy organization called ARGUS"

"This is the only picture of Damien Darhk, aside from the ones we got by illegally hacking traffic cameras. You know, the ones that show him being chummy with the Police Chief. But that's okay, we're friends."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bruceski posted:

"This is the only picture of Damien Darhk, aside from the ones we got by illegally hacking traffic cameras. You know, the ones that show him being chummy with the Police Chief. But that's okay, we're friends."

"Now why the gently caress aren't you people picking up trash while I gaze across the bay or talk with my friends? GET BACK TO WORK"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fighting Trousers posted:

With the black guy, and...well, if Thea was gay, I guess we'd have the trifecta.

Well, she was raised by a black man, which is probably close enough

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

"Where'd you get it?"
"IM RA'S AL GHUL!"

Best line of the season.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, both this and Flash had pretty good one liners this week.

Your toys. Give them to me.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The little drummer is explicitly a Christmas song... Did they intend that after Felicity made a big deal of Christmas vs holidays?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Azhais posted:

Yeah, both this and Flash had pretty good one liners this week.

Your toys. Give them to me.

And Cisco's rolling his eyes at Caitlin and Jay pretending they don't wanna jump each other's alternate universe bones.

And basically everything Mark Hamill and Wentworth Miller said.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

yronic heroism posted:

The little drummer is explicitly a Christmas song... Did they intend that after Felicity made a big deal of Christmas vs holidays?

Is there a different holiday song that could double as a foreboding, yet festive march?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Xelkelvos posted:

Is there a different holiday song that could double as a foreboding, yet festive march?

Not a march but God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

Good tidings of comfort and joy DAKKADAKKADAKKADAKKA

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Whizbang posted:

...who could possibly defend themselves are Detective Dresden and DJ Boyfriend 2.0.

Really hope somehow Paul Blackthorne ends up with a hockey stick at some point confronting Dharhk.

Rurea posted:

"Where'd you get it?"
"IM RA'S AL GHUL!"

Best line of the season.

I think you mean:

"I see you wore your bondage outfit" :cop:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I expected a better Malcolm-Darkh fight. As things stand though, Malcolm was getting his rear end kicked thoroughly, and would be very dead if Oliver had not intervened.

Which begs the question of why Darkh doesn't simply waltz into Nanda Parbat, bitch-slap Malcolm and take the crown.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

enraged_camel posted:

I expected a better Malcolm-Darkh fight. As things stand though, Malcolm was getting his rear end kicked thoroughly, and would be very dead if Oliver had not intervened.

Which begs the question of why Darkh doesn't simply waltz into Nanda Parbat, bitch-slap Malcolm and take the crown.

Well you just saw her can't handle more than one guy.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

yronic heroism posted:

Big deal? She just corrected one person, which makes sense, when she as Jew is standing right there, getting excluded. It's not like she declared War On Christmas.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

enraged_camel posted:

Because he's already done the League of Assassins thing, it's boring and HIVE is where it's at.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

PaganGoatPants posted:

Yeah not sure what purpose the flashbacks even serve right now.

My only theory is that they're showing the people who are fascinated with Amell's physique where he got his scars and tattoos.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

We've seen Oliver shirtless countless times, did he have a shark bite? Or even a shark nibble? That scene was just loving weird.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

We've seen Oliver shirtless countless times, did he have a shark bite? Or even a shark nibble? That scene was just loving weird.

It definitely came off as if it was originally scripted as

Script posted:

Taiana: "Can you really dive with just an hour's training?"
Oliver: "I've found I can do a lot of things I didn't think I could."

Oliver dives into the water, and we see an CG scene of him swimming through the lake, then a shark comes behind him and a blood-curdling battle ensues which Oliver barely escapes with his life! It's really exciting here's a bunch of details about how it's gonna play out!!!

And then by the time they finished rendering just the scene of Oliver swimming through the water and then showing a shark, they realized "oh right we're totally out of money & time now, sorry guys you're gonna have to make due with what we have" and they did a total "INSERT SCENE HERE" of Oliver fighting the shark.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The fields of corn are for the alien X-Files bees to pollinate.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Decius posted:

Big deal? She just corrected one person, which makes sense, when she as Jew is standing right there, getting excluded. It's not like she declared War On Christmas.

You are right, and that came out wrong though I am just doing quick phone posting fwiw. Felicity's point was legit and really it was the other characters who treated it as her making a big deal by making it clear they were stressing holiday because she pointed it out. (But the show arguably sympathizes with their majority and yes, privileged, perspective.)

What I meant to say was the show makes a point of distinguishing the Christmas from the other seasonal holidays in general and Chanukah in particular, and Felicity finds herself at the center of that. Then she is literally put in a gas chamber, and the show is obviously aware of the historical parallel because the bad guy explicitly talks about the Nazis. So, in light of all this, is playing the most Christian of Christmas songs when Felicity gets shot an intentional meditation on the issues of identity in this episode or an oversight that happened because drums are ominous. Because it adds to the idea of fridging to just pick the song of Oliver's culture and not the person who got (maybe) killed.

Personally I think a DAahark rendition of Santa Baby was the way to go in that scene. Although technically Santa is a Christmas figure his image is a lot more secular than baby Jesus.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 11, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Christmas has nothing to do with religion, step off Jews.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

It still has everything to do with culture, and whose culture is dominant.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pretty sure it's about presents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Pretty sure it's about presents.

And alcohol fueled office-parties.

• Locked thread